Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? (20655 Views)

I want to buy phone if you know you sell UK used phone get in here / Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This / 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by BoverLY: 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2021
SamgoldBaba:
Ask a phone engineer to help you dispatch the battery

Those lie lie people. They fit say they buy freezer Batery inside. That's why it's expensive.
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by rapcy(m): 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
Charge it to 100% then put it off. Make sure you keep it in a place that is dry. Nothing will happen to it.
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Ajilenu: 1:59pm On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:
My battle to leave social media (especially Facebook) has gotten to another level, so i think the only way i can win is to buy small phone and dump my android for atleast 6 months.

i have the opportunity to do it now that i traveled to visit my family members, so I want to drop the phone here and travel back to my base, with this, there won't be any temptation of switching it on to check anything online.

my question is, if I left the phone unused for 6 months,will anything happen to it? during the years of Walkman CD, i left mine and traveled to Lagos, spent only 2 months, on coming home, it's no longer working

is my phone safe for 6 months unused?
(tecno spark 3)
im not sure anything will happen to your phone. I like the fact you wanna zone out of social media. I wish I could do same but I'm a digital marketer so that's basically where my office is.
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Ajilenu: 2:00pm On Aug 21, 2021
officialfestus:
nothing will happen but you'll have to buy another battery after 6 months.
why is that?
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Ajilenu: 2:00pm On Aug 21, 2021
SporaD8:

Leave the Battery at 50%. Separate the battery from the phone and pack both in a cool dry place. You should be alright.
why separate the battery from the phone?
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Okochag: 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2021
Just detach the battery before keeping that's all
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Chydo001(m): 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2021
DO YOU KNOW WHEN THAT ANDROID PHONE WAS MANUFACTURED?

If you can answer this question then you have to the question you asked
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by membranus: 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
trueking:
What you need is self control, I've not used my Facebook for more than 5 years now,

For me I abandoned my normal FB account, but created a troll FB account to keep abreast of what's going on in the world, and to offer my candid comments.

1 Like

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by phemmyfour: 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:
My battle to leave social media (especially Facebook) has gotten to another level, so i think the only way i can win is to buy small phone and dump my android for atleast 6 months.

i have the opportunity to do it now that i traveled to visit my family members, so I want to drop the phone here and travel back to my base, with this, there won't be any temptation of switching it on to check anything online.

my question is, if I left the phone unused for 6 months,will anything happen to it? during the years of Walkman CD, i left mine and traveled to Lagos, spent only 2 months, on coming home, it's no longer working

(tecno spark 3)
Just remove the battery
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Iykmann(m): 2:42pm On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:

(tecno spark 3)
Try and disconnect the battery and nothing will happen
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Snitch24(m): 3:11pm On Aug 21, 2021
Akuruoulo:

Brains no go kill u
grin grin grin
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2021
I'm Adeniran Dapo the author of "studying medicine demystified" on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Studying-Medicine-Demystified-Adedapo-Adeniran-ebook/dp/B083W4KX8R

If you need mentorship from a fellow medical student, who will make your life easy in medical school and succeed, then send me an email on dappyadex4sci@yahoo.com, using "paid mentorship" as the subject of the email, you get free mentorship for 3 days to test, after which you pay 10k per month for my mentorship, which would be done on WhatsApp or physically if you so wish.

Also, I'm currently a 4th year medical student at university of Ibadan studying medicine and surgery.

I would be expecting your mails.
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Gate050: 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
He is running from temptation
grin grin grin you're right
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by harpahrah(m): 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:

(tecno spark 3)

Just make sure the battery is at 0% before dropping it.... With that the battery will be totally dead maybe after two weeks and you'll just need to charge it when you are back
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Bobxin: 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2021
Bodmum:
travel for 6 months +, you no get work ni?

He is with his family members now. He is traveling back to base (where he lives & work), and probably would be coming for the phone 6 months time in his family house.

1 Like

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Bobxin: 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2021
I think selling the phone is the best idea, after six months you save more to get a new phone. After all new android and even iOS are being released every 3 - 6 months.
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Gfskw: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2021
Battery
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by DFERENCE: 4:43pm On Aug 21, 2021
Ofcourse you can, i did quite facebook too how for a year now, but that was when i noticed even your private messages were monitored, it takes a great amount of discipline & sacrifice but it is worth, now i come to nairaland read few threads and leave, i also reply my whatsapp and thats it, wish u all the best still

1 Like

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Promiseibritam: 5:08pm On Aug 21, 2021
This is one of the things that I Can't do o,

I'm battling here on how to get my self an Andriod phone and u are trying to avoid the phone Y?

While all dis while and even as I'm typing this mssg, I'm using my small phone Itel5615

I used this phn to update my self.

I'm always updated here in NAIRALAND.

Which always made me to be able to put mouth in the midst of people when talking on Trending news.

if u dnt mind u can gv me the phn and get my Itel, when u return u get it bk.

Abeg my fellow Nigerians, support me to get this Andriod phone of any type E Hard for me plss

any amount I will appriaciate.
I'm droping my Palmpay Acct, As I Haven't gotten my ATM Jet thanks

Palmpay Acct num

Name
Enwono Ibritam

Thanks great people
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by oshorstan(f): 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2021
Put the phone inside freezer
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Sebgajere(m): 7:02pm On Aug 21, 2021
Simple
Snitch24:
Sell it now that it still has value
Buy another one when u r ready
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Kingsean(m): 7:47pm On Aug 21, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
This isn't entirely true, social media is distracting and addictive, sometimes one needs time alone without Internet.. Just touchlight phone for calls

if you say so. it means you can't control yourself. I use social media but I'm not addicted to it. when I don't need my phone, I just keep it aside and do something else or observe my rest.
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by babyfaceafrica: 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2021
Kingsean:

if you say so. it means [b]you can't control yourself. [/b]I use social media but I'm not addicted to it. when I don't need my phone, I just keep it aside and do something else or observe my rest.
Everybody don't have the same mental strength.. So when you know your weakness, you avoid it
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by ikorodureporta: 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2021
You guyz abandoning Facebook dey miss.. if I tell una how many online training I don get through fb since covik start
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by musicwriter(m): 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:

(tecno spark 3)

All you have to do is tell someone you trust to be charging the phone at least once in a month until you return. Make sure you password the phone.

However, that's not the solution to your Facebook addiction. The solution is get busy working and you won't have time to use Facebook.
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Laurelita(f): 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2021
So this is a problem okwaya? U never hear say gas na 6hun per kg? U don buy ur firewood? Abeg dash person the phone if you really feel u have problem with being on social media.

I carry market o. Check my sig biko.
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Abdogood(m): 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2021
Facebook home of gossip n fake lives. I am addicted to nairaland.
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Redemption1: 10:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:

(tecno spark 3)
I misplaced my phone last year October, I just saw it 3 days ago and it's still working perfectly, nothing even happened to the battery
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by optimusprime2(m): 5:36am On Aug 22, 2021
lastchild:

(tecno spark 3)

Everyman to his own cup of coffee...
But there are some occupations, and locations you can live in where not using a smartphone for one day is enough to make you redundant...
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by silvoclaira: 7:21am On Aug 22, 2021
edoairways:
Nothing, just charge it once in a month. My visaphone is still working inspite of the fact I had abandoned it for 3 years
Yea wink #TeamVisaphone
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by officialfestus(m): 12:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
ityP:

Why, if I may ask?
If left unused, the battery, over a long period of time, will discharge. Li-ion batteries do not like to get to zero volts. When they do,even once, they loose about 70% of their capacity, and become useless. So, if you want to keep your battery useful,it will be better to charge it.
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by officialfestus(m): 12:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
Ajilenu:
why is that?
If left unused, the battery, over a long period of time, will discharge. Li-ion batteries do not like to get to zero volts. When they do,even once, they loose about 70% of their capacity, and become useless. So, if you want to keep your battery useful,it will be better to charge it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

i need a phone with 6gb ram at below 100k / Blackberry Bold 4 Vs Blackberry Touch / 5 Simple Ways To Give Your Old Smartphone A Speed Boost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.