Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" (868 Views)

Dihya Ibn Khalifa Al-kalbi, One Of The Companions Of Muhammad Is Angel Jibreel / Archangel Michael Is Not Jesus Christ / Why Was Lucifer Weaker Than Archangel Michael? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by GardenOfGod(m): 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2021
IF JESUS CHRIST IS ARCHANGEL MICHAEL, JEHOVAH GOD IS ANGEL OF THE LORD!

WatchTower Verdict:
Jesus is Archangel Michael.

The archangel Michael with an angelic army
Who Is the Archangel Michael?

Michael,
referred to by some religions as “Saint Michael,” is evidently a name given to Jesus before and after his life on earth. Michael disputed with Satan after the death of Moses and helped an angel deliver God’s message to the prophet Daniel. (Daniel 10:13, 21; Jude 9) Michael lives up to the meaning of his name​—“Who Is Like God?”​—by defending God’s rulership and fighting God’s enemies.​—Daniel 12:1; Revelation 12:7.
Consider why it is reasonable to conclude that Jesus is the archangel Michael.

Michael is “the archangel.” (Jude 9) The title “archangel,” meaning “chief of the angels,” appears in only two Bible verses. In both cases, the word is singular, suggesting that only one angel bears that title. One of those verses states that the resurrected Lord Jesus “will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice.” (1 Thessalonians 4:​16) Jesus has “an archangel’s voice” because he is the archangel, Michael.

Michael commands an angelic army.
“Michael and his angels battled with the dragon,” Satan. (Revelation 12:7) Michael has great authority in the spirit realm, for he is called “one of the foremost princes” and “the great prince.” (Daniel 10:13, 21; 12:1) These titles designate Michael as “the commander-in-chief of the angelic forces,” as New Testament scholar David E. Aune puts it.

The Bible mentions only one other name of someone having authority over an army of angels. It describes “the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance.” (2 Thessalonians 1:​7, 8; Matthew 16:27) Jesus “went to heaven, and angels and authorities and powers were made subject to him.” (1 Peter 3:​21, 22) It would not make sense for God to set up Jesus and Michael as rival commanders of the holy angels. Rather, it is more reasonable to conclude that both names, Jesus and Michael, refer to the same person.

Michael “will stand up” during an unprecedented “time of distress.”(Daniel 12:1) In the book of Daniel, the expression “stand up” is often used to refer to a king who rises up to take special action. (Daniel 11:​2-4, 21) Jesus Christ, identified as “The Word of God,” will take special action as the “King of kings” to strike down all of God’s enemies and protect God’s people. (Revelation 19:11-​16) He will do so during a time of “great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning.”​—Matthew 24:21, 42.

Source:
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/archangel-michael/

Consider some of the major appearances of the "Angel of the LORD" and make some observations about those appearances.

1. TO HAGAR

The first recorded appearance of the angel of the LORD was to Hagar, Abraham's mistress, and the mother of his son Ishmael.
The angel of the LORD also said to her, "I will so greatly multiply your offspring that they cannot be counted for multitude" (Genesis 16:10).

This angel said He Himself would multiply the descendants of Hagar.

After the appearance of the angel of the LORD Hagar said.
She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: "You are the God who sees me," for she said, "I have now seen the One who sees me"
(Genesis 16:13).

She believed that she had spoken directly to God.

2. TO ABRAHAM AND SARAH AT MAMRE
Three men appeared to Abraham and his wife Sarah at the plains of Mamre. They had come to inform Abraham and Sarah concerning two matters. The son that God had promised them would be born to Abraham and Sarah the next year, and the evil cities of Sodom and Gomorrah would be destroyed. One of the three visitors who gave them this information is specifically called the LORD.
The LORD appeared to Abraham by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat at the entrance of his tent in the heat of the day (Genesis 18:1).

3. TO ABRAHAM ON MOUNT MORIAH
God told Abraham to bring his son Isaac to Mount Moriah to be sacrificed. Abraham obeyed and was about to take Isaac's life when God intervened. The angel of the LORD stopped Abraham saying:
He said, "Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me" (Genesis 22:12)

He called a second time to Abraham:
The angel of the LORD called to Abraham a second time from heaven (Genesis 22:15).

In this instance the angel of the LORD, who called out to Abraham, seems to be the LORD Himself.

4. TO JACOB
This angel appeared a number of times to Jacob.
Then the angel of God said to me in the dream, 'Jacob,' and I said, 'Here I am' (Genesis 31:11).

Jacob wrestled all night with a man who finally disabled him. The next morning Jacob understood that it was God Himself whom he had wrestled:
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved
(Genesis 32:30).

At the end of his life, Jacob spoke of God, and the angel of the LORD, as identical.
the Angel who has delivered me from all harm - may He bless these boys. May they be called by my name and the names of my fathers Abraham and Isaac, and may they increase greatly upon the earth (Genesis 48:16).

5. TO MOSES AND THE BURNING BUSH
The angel of the LORD appeared to Moses in the burning bush.
There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up (Exodus 3: 2).

The angel explained who He was.
He said further, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God (Exodus 3:6).

6. THE MARTYR STEPHEN EMPHASISED THIS SPECIAL EVENT.
And after forty years had passed, an angel appeared to him in the wilderness of Mount Sinai, in the flame of a burning thorn bush (Acts 7:30).

7. GOD'S PROMISE
God promised to send His angel ahead of the children of Israel.
I am going to send an angel in front of you, to guard you on the way and to bring you to the place that I have prepared. Be attentive to him and listen to his voice; do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgression; for my name is in him. But if you listen attentively to his voice and do all that I say, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and a foe to your foes. When my angel goes in front of you, and brings you to the Amorites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, and I blot them out (Exodus 23:20-23).

The Israelites were told that they must obey this angel because the name of the LORD was in him. Since God would never share His name with any created being, this angel must be God Himself. Isaiah the prophet wrote.
I am the LORD, that is My name; My glory I give to no other, nor My praise to idols (Isaiah 42:8 )

Since God will not share His name or glory with anyone else, this angel must be God.

8. TO JOSHUA
An imposing personage appeared to Joshua.
when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, a man was standing opposite him with his sword drawn in his hand, and Joshua went to him and said to him, "Are you for us or for our adversaries?" And he said, "No, rather I indeed come now as captain of the host of the LORD." And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and bowed down, and said to him, "What has my lord to say to his servant?" And the captain of the LORD's host said to Joshua, "Remove your sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy." And Joshua did so (Joshua 5:13-15).

Having Joshua immediately remove his sandals reminds one of the LORD telling Moses to remove his sandals in God's presence at the burning bush.

9. TO GIDEON
Gideon was a man who was called by God to raise an army to defeat the innumerable Midianites. Because Gideon was a timid person, God paid him a visit to assure him that all would go well. After the encounter Gideon exclaimed:
Then Gideon perceived that it was the angel of the LORD; and Gideon said, "Help me, Lord GOD! For I have seen the angel of the LORD face to face." But the LORD said to him, "Peace be to you; do not fear, you shall not die"
(Judges 6:22).

If it was only an angel, and not God, that Gideon saw, then why was he afraid for his life?

10. TO SAMSON'S PARENTS
The angel of the LORD appeared to a Hebrew woman to announce the birth of a son, Samson. He was to deliver the people of Israel from their enemies.
The angel of the LORD did not appear again to Manoah and his wife. Then Manoah realized that it was the angel of the LORD. And Manoah said to his wife, "We shall surely die, for we have seen God" (Judges 13:21,22).
They identified the angel of the LORD with God Himself.

SUMMARY/VERDICT:
IF JESUS CHRIST IS "ARCHANGEL MICHAEL" ACCORDING TO THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, THEN JEHOVAH GOD HIMSELF WAS THE "ANGEL OF THE LORD" IN THE OLD TESTAMENT.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by Felimax(m): 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2021
Please continue o. If who is like God (Michael) is Jesus then God with us (Emmanuel) means michael is God! North is South, South is North. Jehovah witness are the same set of people who walked out of Christ because they will never accept the doctrine of “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you cannot have eternal life within you". and this is the sole reason they clamour to inherit the earth.

3 Likes

Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by Heartbender: 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2021
Stop this heresy. An archangel's voice is not the same as THE archangel's voice. One has a definite article which could mean there are other angels who also bear Micheal but only one is an Archangel or Michael is the only Archangel. An archangel's voice means voice like archangels', and not meaning it is Archangel Michael that became Christ. Christ rebuked the devil with authority. Michael said "the Lord rebuke thee" when contending over the body of Moses with satan. This your interpretation would twist the Bible because same Bible said Christ was not created yet calls him first born of all creation. Context matters man. But Hebrews 1:1-11 already calls Christ God. He said "I and my Father are one", "if you have seen me, you have seen the Father", etc. Angels refuse worship but Christ never refused it...he endorsed it. When Thomas saw the piercings in His hands he fell to his feet and declared "my Lord and my God". Christ told him "you have believed because you have seen". Of He was just an Archangel or the archangel Michael, he would not have accepted that declaration.
Stop spreading heresy. Michael is at best a cherubim who took over when Lucifer a fellow cherub planted in the garden of Eden fell from grace but in Christ is the fullness of the Godhead: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Shalom
Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by Felimax(m): 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2021
Heartbender:
Stop this heresy. An archangel's voice is not the same as THE archangel's voice. One has a definite article which could mean there are other angels who also bear Micheal but only one is an Archangel or Michael is the only Archangel. An archangel's voice means voice like archangels', and not meaning it is Archangel Michael that became Christ. Christ rebuked the devil with authority. Michael said "the Lord rebuke thee" when contending over the body of Moses with satan. This your interpretation would twist the Bible because same Bible said Christ was not created yet calls him first born of all creation. Context matters man. But Hebrews 1:1-11 already calls Christ God. He said "I and my Father are one", "if you have seen me, you have seen the Father", etc. Angels refuse worship but Christ never refused it...he endorsed it. When Thomas saw the piercings in His hands he fell to his feet and declared "my Lord and my God". Christ told him "you have believed because you have seen". Of He was just an Archangel or the archangel Michael, he would not have accepted that declaration.
Stop spreading heresy. Michael is at best a cherubim who took over when Lucifer a fellow cherub planted in the garden of Eden fell from grace but in Christ is the fullness of the Godhead: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Shalom

Did you read the post completely?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by GardenOfGod(m): 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2021
Heartbender:
Shalom
Text like this does not need one who is carnal to discern, but a spirit filled man.
I will exhort you to read it again with an open mind. Don't comment without reading contextually. Thank you.
Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by GardenOfGod(m): 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2021
Felimax:

Did you read the post completely?
A very good and wonderful question you asked him.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:19am On Aug 27, 2021
No need trying to make it more complicated

JW have done more harm to this issue

It actually an abomination to say our Savior is a common angel when God says he already doesn't trust them

It best you insist on the truth
Jesus is not an angel
Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:31am On Aug 27, 2021
Where are the worshipers of your God? James 2:18-26

Jesus said:

His true disciples will be known globally for the PREACHING and TEACHING work! Act 1:8

They will have the same line of thought {John 17:20-23} so they will be united {1 Corinthians 14:33, 40} and they will not raise weapons against anyone talkless killing their fellow believers! Matthew 26:52; John 14:26-27

They'll be singled out of all other religions on the planet {John 15:19} and everywhere they go other religionists will hate and vilify them for their FAITH! Matthew 10:22; John 17:14

They will be labeled CULTISTS because of their uniqueness! Matthew 10:25

They will have love among themselves to the extent that all other religionists will acknowledge it! John 13:34-35

Despite all these they will be accused as the worstest religion on earth even though they're the most peaceloving group! Matthew 5:11-12

I PRESENT to all of you the Organization of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES as a perfect match of Jesus' composite description of his true disciples. Definitely if they say the Mighty Spirit King in their midst leading them to achieve all these is Archangel Michael there's no reason to doubt them! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley

Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:01am On Aug 27, 2021
Always taking one part of the Bible and quoting it in the wrong way

Lack of understanding of what you read is actually your problem

Lol how can you understand Bible when JW told you that holy spirit is no longer needed
Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:37am On Aug 27, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
Always taking one part of the Bible and quoting it in the wrong way
Lack of understanding of what you read is actually your problem
Lol how can you understand Bible when JW told you that holy spirit is no longer needed

OK let's agree that you UNDERSTAND so what else comes after understanding if not PRESENTATION?

So if truly you understand, PRESENT the group that's fulfilling Christ's role today! smiley

Jesus is the Wonderful Counselor: Jehovah's Witnesses have Wonderfully Counseled all their adherents to the extent that they are faithfully, loyally and obediently living by the lovely, joyous and peaceful will of Christ!

Jesus is the mighty God: Jehovah's Witnesses have Mightily gathered people from different races under the heavens and taught them to have the same line of thought so they will never raise weapons against anyone talkless killing their own fellow believers the way yours do in the face of politics and racism.

Jesus is the Everlasting Father: Jehovah's Witnesses have become like a Father to millions obediently living their lives as if they're of the same Father.

Jesus is the Prince of Peace: Jehovah's Witnesses have made PEACE reign among themselves throughout the earth so that they no longer see one another as people from different races but as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers.

If truly you know this Jesus oya nah PRESENT a better performing group than JWs who are doing exactly what Jesus is supposed to do! smiley
Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by Bishopkingsley(m): 11:13am On Aug 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

OK let's agree that you UNDERSTAND so what else comes after understanding if not PRESENTATION?

So if truly you understand, PRESENT the group that's fulfilling Christ's role today! smiley

Jesus is the Wonderful Counselor: Jehovah's Witnesses have Wonderfully Counseled all their adherents to the extent that they are faithfully, loyally and obediently living by the lovely, joyous and peaceful will of Christ!

Jesus is the mighty God: Jehovah's Witnesses have Mightily gathered people from different races under the heavens and taught them to have the same line of thought so they will never raise weapons against anyone talkless killing their own fellow believers the way yours do in the face of politics and racism.

Jesus is the Everlasting Father: Jehovah's Witnesses have become like a Father to millions obediently living their lives as if they're of the same Father.

Jesus is the Prince of Peace: Jehovah's Witnesses have made PEACE reign among themselves throughout the earth so that they no longer see one another as people from different races but as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers.

If truly you know this Jesus oya nah PRESENT a better performing group than JWs who are doing exactly what Jesus is supposed to do! smiley

Question
Jehovah's Witnesses have Mightily gathered people from different races under the heavens

Answer
I told you the first time we meet that to gather people together you don't need God to do this and you cry and lament on the statement but you eventually saw it the truth

I gave you examples of gathering of men that don't have God's approval examples Islam, sport events, cult groups, China party groups, there are many whose population are far above JW population imagine if they all told you that hey we have gathered here because God is with us what will you say to them so population gathering is not a mark of God approval

Because you don't know Bible that why you think it is the mark

Now God already said they will gather but they won't succeed in their end result just like they gathered during the old days and God scattered them

Question
and taught them to have the same line of thought so they will never raise weapons against anyone talkless killing their own fellow believers the way yours do in the face of politics and racism

Answer
We have told you one million times to have the line of same thought is not the mark because many groups have the same line of thought each country military have the same line of thought to defend their mother land each church believes in their own church founder laid out taught whether the taught are from the Bible or not it depends on how the followers have sense so that is not the mark

We told you time without number the mark of true children of God but because you have a sinful nature that is why you can't understand this mark of God

The mark of children of God is a spiritual mark which is the body of Christ which is holy spirit Baptism this is holy spirit living on the inside of each believer which then gives them the ability to speak in tongues

But you can't understand this mark because JW made sure to blind your eyes to understand it that why you think it is something you can see and when you see the real mark you can't grasp it

Question
so they will never raise weapons against anyone

Answer

Jesus already said there will be wars and rumors of wars
Jesus list out evil things that will happen on earth so only a mad person will want to stop what Jesus said will happen praying for evil not to happen is like praying for Satan to die which is a useless prayer

What Bible assure the believer is no matter what happens they will be rewarded with eternal everlasting life in the new earth God will create so when JW promises you that this earth is your inheritance they don't know The bible

Question

Funny you now accept Jesus is our father does it mean you are now understanding Bible because you know we can't have two fathers so have you seen who Jesus is do you accept he is God Almighty

Let explain Jesus is the Everlasting Father meaning now Jesus kingdom is not of this present world, this world is been run by the devil so the devil presently is the god of this world

Jesus kingdom will begin when Jesus comes to resurrect every one that day is the last day for every one because hence there will be no more sun and moon judgement have begun

God will accomplish his purpose and the last enemy to be destroyed is death

Then a new heaven and new earth will emerge that is when Jesus our everlasting father will begin to rule and become a father officially physically to us

Question
Jesus is the Prince of Peace: Jehovah's Witnesses have made PEACE

Answer
Peace is only possible when in the new earth not in this present earth

Question
If truly you know this Jesus oya nah PRESENT a better performing group than JWs who are doing exactly what Jesus is supposed to do

Answer
If you know Jesus or the Bible you will never open your mouth to say present a group

Is it that you don't read Bible.
Jesus is the group
There is no name that can save you until you accept Jesus as your lord God Almighty and your Saviour

The group you want is when you accept Jesus then holy spirit lives in you and you become part of the body of Christ that is the spiritual group you will then belong to
Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:50am On Aug 27, 2021
So in a nutshell you have nothing to show for your faith {James 2:18} therefore those claiming Jesus is Archangel Michael have it because they are working what is visible to all eyes! Matthew 5:13-16 smiley

Bishopkingsley:

Question
Jehovah's Witnesses have Mightily gathered people from different races under the heavens

Answer
I told you the first time we meet that to gather people together you don't need God to do this and you cry and lament on the statement but you eventually saw it the truth

I gave you examples of gathering of men that don't have God's approval examples Islam, sport events, cult groups, China party groups, there are many whose population are far above JW population imagine if they all told you that hey we have gathered here because God is with us what will you say to them so population gathering is not a mark of God approval

Because you don't know Bible that why you think it is the mark

Now God already said they will gather but they won't succeed in their end result just like they gathered during the old days and God scattered them

Question
and taught them to have the same line of thought so they will never raise weapons against anyone talkless killing their own fellow believers the way yours do in the face of politics and racism

Answer
We have told you one million times to have the line of same thought is not the mark because many groups have the same line of thought each country military have the same line of thought to defend their mother land each church believes in their own church founder laid out taught whether the taught are from the Bible or not it depends on how the followers have sense so that is not the mark

We told you time without number the mark of true children of God but because you have a sinful nature that is why you can't understand this mark of God

The mark of children of God is a spiritual mark which is the body of Christ which is holy spirit Baptism this is holy spirit living on the inside of each believer which then gives them the ability to speak in tongues

But you can't understand this mark because JW made sure to blind your eyes to understand it that why you think it is something you can see and when you see the real mark you can't grasp it

Question
so they will never raise weapons against anyone

Answer

Jesus already said there will be wars and rumors of wars
Jesus list out evil things that will happen on earth so only a mad person will want to stop what Jesus said will happen praying for evil not to happen is like praying for Satan to die which is a useless prayer

What Bible assure the believer is no matter what happens they will be rewarded with eternal everlasting life in the new earth God will create so when JW promises you that this earth is your inheritance they don't know The bible

Question

Funny you now accept Jesus is our father does it mean you are now understanding Bible because you know we can't have two fathers so have you seen who Jesus is do you accept he is God Almighty

Let explain Jesus is the Everlasting Father meaning now Jesus kingdom is not of this present world, this world is been run by the devil so the devil presently is the god of this world

Jesus kingdom will begin when Jesus comes to resurrect every one that day is the last day for every one because hence there will be no more sun and moon judgement have begun

God will accomplish his purpose and the last enemy to be destroyed is death

Then a new heaven and new earth will emerge that is when Jesus our everlasting father will begin to rule and become a father officially physically to us

Question
Jesus is the Prince of Peace: Jehovah's Witnesses have made PEACE

Answer
Peace is only possible when in the new earth not in this present earth

Question
If truly you know this Jesus oya nah PRESENT a better performing group than JWs who are doing exactly what Jesus is supposed to do

Answer
If you know Jesus or the Bible you will never open your mouth to say present a group

Is it that you don't read Bible.
Jesus is the group
There is no name that can save you until you accept Jesus as your lord God Almighty and your Saviour

The group you want is when you accept Jesus then holy spirit lives in you and you become part of the body of Christ that is the spiritual group you will then belong to

Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by Janosky: 11:55am On Aug 27, 2021
Heartbender:

Stop this heresy. An archangel's voice is not the same as THE archangel's voice. One has a definite article which could mean there are other angels who also bear Micheal but only one is an Archangel or Michael is the only Archangel. An archangel's voice means voice like archangels', and not meaning it is Archangel Michael that became Christ. Shalom
1 Thess 4:16 NIV
"The Lord will come down from heaven.....with the voice of the Archangel... and the dead in Christ will rise first"
Bros, your Trinitarian Bible says your claim of "heresy" is NOT true.
John 5:28 & 1 Thess 4:16, whose voice will raise the dead?

Heartbender:

Christ rebuked the devil with authority. Michael said "the Lord rebuke thee" when contending over the body of Moses with satan. This your interpretation would twist the Bible because same Bible said Christ was not created yet calls him first born of all creation.
Context matters man.
If context matters to you, Colossians 1:15 is the equivalent of Genesis 49:3. For the same reason, Reuben is first born as Jesus is first born.
Both are Creatures of the same Father and God at John 20:17.

Jude 1:9 Jehovah rebuke you" is a copy quote of Zechariah 3:2, the angel of JEHOVAH (the Lord @ Jude 1:9).
Zechariah 3:2 & Jude 1:9 is a verbal dispute between the Archangel & Satan.
Genesis 16:7 Amplified Bible, your Trinitarian Bible proven the angel is Jesus Christ.
Genesis 16:7, Zechariah 3:2 ,Jude1:9 "the angel" is Jesus Christ.

Heartbender:

But Hebrews 1:1-11 already calls Christ God. He said "I and my Father are one", "if you have seen me, you have seen the Father", etc.
1 Corinthians 3:6-8, Paul and Apollos are one.
Just as Jesus and his Father are one @ John 10:30 & John 17:22.

Hebrews 1:8 "your throne given of God".
Psalms 45:6-7, Masoretic Text (screenshot) is the original copy of Hebrews 1:8 proven that Trinitarian TWIST of Hebrews 1:8 is heretic.
Why is Psalms 45:6-7 in Message Bible,GNT & Catholic Jerusalem Bible in conflict with Hebrews 1:8?
Simply because Hebrews 1:8 is a Trinitarian TWIST of holy Scriptures.

Heartbender:

Angels refuse worship but Christ never refused it...he endorsed it. When Thomas saw the piercings in His hands he fell to his feet and declared "my Lord and my God". Christ told him "you have believed because you have seen". Of He was just an Archangel or the archangel Michael, he would not have accepted that declaration.
Shalom

John 20:17
“Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said, “for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
Heartbender, do you agree that your claim at verse 28 is FALSE?
Who told you "Thomas fell to his feet"?
@ verse 17, Who is the Father and God of Jesus and Thomas?

John 20:18,24-27
18 Mary Magdalene found the disciples and told them, “I have seen the Lord!” Then she gave them his message.

26 Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly, as before, Jesus was standing among them. “Peace be with you,” he said. 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”

28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

In English, Thomas speech equates to "Oh my God!"
An exclamation of surprise that Jesus had indeed been resurrected.
Bros, when you say "oh my God," do you mean you spoke to God or seen God?

Jesus Appears to Thomas
24 One of the twelve disciples, Thomas (nicknamed the Twin),[c] was not with the others when Jesus came. 25 They told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he replied, “I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side.”
29 Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.”

Jesus did NOT mean what you are claimed.
@ verse 29, Jesus referred to Thomas doubts at verses 18, 24-27.

Bros, you said Jesus accepted worship.
@ Matthew 4:10 & John 4:24, is your claim conflicting with Jesus instructions?
Are you making Jesus a liar?
John4:24 & Matthew 4:10,Who did Jesus say heartbender must worship?

Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:06pm On Aug 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
So in a nutshell you have nothing to show for your faith {James 2:18} therefore those claiming Jesus is Archangel Michael have it because they are working what is visible to all eyes! Matthew 5:13-16 smiley

We are talking about spiritual baptism the one God does by himself.

And your showing common John Baptism
Which shows you are still yet to know God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

We are talking about spiritual baptism the one God does by himself.
So it's God himself that Jesus COMMADED to go baptizing new converts, shey?

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always,, even unto the end of the world. Matthew 28:18-20

What is happening to your brains nah? cheesy

And your showing common John Baptism
Which shows you are still yet to know God
See mumu wey wan argue about Jesus! cheesy
So you don't even know that John's baptism totally differs from Christ's baptism? cheesy

And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and (5607) mighty in the Scriptures, came to Ephesus.This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. Act 18:24-25

So this is how you converted JWs shey?
Well your lies means nothing to me, but know that the baptism by John was for only Jews to repent towards the law Covenant while the baptism by Christians are for anyone who wants to become a Christian. That's why John's disciples were jealous! John 3:25-30

Mr Bishopkingsley humble yourself and learn! cheesy
Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:22pm On Aug 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So it's God himself that Jesus COMMADED to go baptizing new converts, shey?

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always,, even unto the end of the world. Matthew 28:18-20

What is happening to your brains nah? cheesy

See mumu wey wan argue about Jesus! cheesy
So you don't even know that John's baptism totally differs from Christ's baptism? cheesy

And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and (5607) mighty in the Scriptures, came to Ephesus.This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. Act 18:24-25

So this is how you converted JWs shey?
Well your lies means nothing to me, but know that the baptism by John was for only Jews to repent towards the law Covenant while the baptism by Christians are for anyone who wants to become a Christian. That's why John's disciples were jealous! John 3:25-30

Mr Bishopkingsley humble yourself and learn! cheesy

God called them a stiff neck people that what you are since you don't understand what Bible teach
Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

God called them a stiff neck people that what you are since you don't understand what Bible teach
So who wrote the Bible you're carrying in your hand if not the same people?
Mr Understanding but no show! cheesy
Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by Heartbender: 11:10am On Aug 28, 2021
You are quoting the Bible wrongly. But I will just allow you mislead yourself. I wish it was a face to face conversation. Didn't the Bible forbid the worship of angels? How is the voice of the Archangel equating Christ? Same through whom all things were created? I wish we can really have a one on one to help you with your dogma. This three agree as one. Also, baptizing them in the name of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit? Also, if you have seen me, you have seen the Father. How does "my Lord AND my God" similar to an exclamation of OMG? Guyyyy. That is not an exclamation. It is a realisation. In Isaiah, His name is Emmanuel: GOD with us. What do you understand as THE SON OF GOD and why would the scribes see it as blasphemy? Do you know that the word Son here is a replica of something/someone? Whatever ye shall ask in my name...? Haaaaa. I need us to see face to face
Janosky:

1 Thess 4:16 NIV
"The Lord will come down from heaven.....with the voice of the Archangel... and the dead in Christ will rise first"
Bros, your Trinitarian Bible says your claim of "heresy" is NOT true.
John 5:28 & 1 Thess 4:16, whose voice will raise the dead?

[/b]

If context matters to you, Colossians 1:15 is the equivalent of Genesis 49:3. For the same reason, Reuben is first born as Jesus is first born.
Both are Creatures of the same Father and God at John 20:17.[/b]

Jude 1:9 Jehovah rebuke you" is a copy quote of Zechariah 3:2, the angel of JEHOVAH (the Lord @ Jude 1:9).
Zechariah 3:2 & Jude 1:9 is a verbal dispute between the Archangel & Satan.
Genesis 16:7 Amplified Bible, your Trinitarian Bible proven the angel is Jesus Christ.
Genesis 16:7, Zechariah 3:2 ,Jude1:9 "the angel" is Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:6-8, Paul and Apollos are one.
Just as Jesus and his Father are one @ John 10:30 & John 17:22.

Hebrews 1:8 "your throne given of God".
Psalms 45:6-7, Masoretic Text (screenshot) is the original copy of Hebrews 1:8 proven that Trinitarian TWIST of Hebrews 1:8 is heretic.
Why is Psalms 45:6-7 in Message Bible,GNT & Catholic Jerusalem Bible in conflict with Hebrews 1:8?
Simply because Hebrews 1:8 is a Trinitarian TWIST of holy Scriptures.

John 20:17
“Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said, “for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
Heartbender, do you agree that your claim at verse 28 is FALSE?
Who told you "Thomas fell to his feet"?
@ verse 17, Who is the Father and God of Jesus and Thomas?

John 20:18,24-27
18 Mary Magdalene found the disciples and told them, “I have seen the Lord!” Then she gave them his message.

26 Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly, as before, Jesus was standing among them. “Peace be with you,” he said. 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”

28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

In English, Thomas speech equates to "Oh my God!"
An exclamation of surprise that Jesus had indeed been resurrected.
Bros, when you say "oh my God," do you mean you spoke to God or seen God?

Jesus Appears to Thomas
24 One of the twelve disciples, Thomas (nicknamed the Twin),[c] was not with the others when Jesus came. 25 They told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he replied, “I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side.”
29 Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.”

Jesus did NOT mean what you are claimed.
@ verse 29, Jesus referred to Thomas doubts at verses 18, 24-27.

Bros, you said Jesus accepted worship.
@ Matthew 4:10 & John 4:24, is your claim conflicting with Jesus instructions?
Are you making Jesus a liar?
John4:24 & Matthew 4:10,Who did Jesus say heartbender must worship?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:05pm On Aug 28, 2021
Mr Man, you're just a TRADITIONALIST following the religious customs handed over to you by blind religionists! Matthew 15:8-9

The person you quoted used God's word to substantiate what he has in mind you only came to spew gibberish without a single scripture. Is this how Jesus laid down the Faith?

And for your information, Jesus is Archangel Michael, God never asked anyone to worship Jesus neither did Jesus asked anyone to worship him so we are only talking about the prophet who came in the manner of Moses as a prophet and God! Exodus 7:1

Did God made Moses a God? YES!
Is Moses to be worshiped? NO!

The same thing is applicable to Jesus, according to Moses Jesus is the prophet and Son of God that everyone must OBEY! Deuteronomy 18:15-19

He is not to be worshiped. So don't let your trinitarian translators deceive you!

Heartbender:
You are quoting the Bible wrongly. But I will just allow you mislead yourself. I wish it was a face to face conversation. Didn't the Bible forbid the worship of angels? How is the voice of the Archangel equating Christ? Same through whom all things were created? I wish we can really have a one on one to help you with your dogma. This three agree as one. Also, baptizing them in the name of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit? Also, if you have seen me, you have seen the Father. How does "my Lord AND my God" similar to an exclamation of OMG? Guyyyy. That is not an exclamation. It is a realisation. In Isaiah, His name is Emmanuel: GOD with us. What do you understand as THE SON OF GOD and why would the scribes see it as blasphemy? Do you know that the word Son here is a replica of something/someone? Whatever ye shall ask in my name...? Haaaaa. I need us to see face to face

Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by Heartbender: 12:19pm On Aug 28, 2021
So the things I wrote are not biblical? Someone downloaded a global circular and you expect me to be in a meeting and type back? Let him fix a time and place and we shall resolve this
MaxInDHouse:
Mr Man, you're just a TRADITIONALIST following the religious customs handed over to you by blind religionists! Matthew 15:8-9

The person you quoted used God's word to substantiate what he has in mind you only came to spew gibberish without a single scripture. Is this how Jesus laid down the Faith?

And for your information, Jesus is Archangel Michael, God never asked anyone to worship Jesus neither did Jesus asked anyone to worship him so we are only talking about the prophet who came in the manner of Moses as a prophet and God! Exodus 7:1

Did God made Moses a God? YES!
Is Moses to be worshiped? NO!

The same thing is applicable to Jesus, according to Moses Jesus is the prophet and Son of God that everyone must OBEY! Deuteronomy 18:15-19

He is not to be worshiped. So don't let your trinitarian translators deceive you!

Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2021
You reminded me of a Deeperlifer who wanted to preach to me but after noticing the competence of a true Christian decided to invite me to come and listen to Kumuyi.
Mr Heartbender It's out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks {Luke 6:45} if you don't know how to apply God's to what you're saying now what's the evidence that you can when you meet people face to face?
Well let me tell you that the ability to apply the scriptures on what you're saying is evidence of God's Holy Spirit {John 16:12-13} so if you're not competent on faceless social media you're only going to argue pointlessly and fruitlessly even when you see people face to face! smiley

Heartbender:
So the things I wrote are not biblical? Someone downloaded a global circular and you expect me to be in a meeting and type back? Let him fix a time and place and we shall resolve this
Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by GardenOfGod(m): 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2021
Argue based on the point given above and not to type pointless and inconsistent things
MaxInDHouse:
Where are the worshipers of your God? James 2:18-26

Jesus said:

His true disciples will be known globally for the PREACHING and TEACHING work! Act 1:8

They will have the same line of thought {John 17:20-23} so they will be united {1 Corinthians 14:33, 40} and they will not raise weapons against anyone talkless killing their fellow believers! Matthew 26:52; John 14:26-27

They'll be singled out of all other religions on the planet {John 15:19} and everywhere they go other religionists will hate and vilify them for their FAITH! Matthew 10:22; John 17:14

They will be labeled CULTISTS because of their uniqueness! Matthew 10:25

They will have love among themselves to the extent that all other religionists will acknowledge it! John 13:34-35

Despite all these they will be accused as the worstest religion on earth even though they're the most peaceloving group! Matthew 5:11-12

I PRESENT to all of you the Organization of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES as a perfect match of Jesus' composite description of his true disciples. Definitely if they say the Mighty Spirit King in their midst leading them to achieve all these is Archangel Michael there's no reason to doubt them! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley
Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2021
Never mind me you will gather disciples after your argument and we will gather disciples after showcasing our fine works! James 2:18 smiley

GardenOfGod:
Argue based on the point given above and not to type pointless and inconsistent things
Re: If Jesus Christ Is "Archangel Michael," Jehovah God Is "Angel Of The LORD" by orunto27: 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2021
PRAY THAT TOO MUCH LEARNING DOESN'T MAKE US MAD.

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses And Babylon The Great / My First Miracle After I Received The Holy Spirit / Speak No Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.