Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1251833 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by msreniy(f): 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2021
Olalekzy1:
Please Is it better for me to do test on Thursday since am traveling very early on Saturday so that I can get the result and complete my passenger locator form between Thursday and Friday and print it out before heading to the airport or get it done on Friday as advised by the representative of Me cure lab where I want to do the covid 19 pre departure test,she advised I get it done on Friday that it will be sent to my mail by Friday night,which may be late and incase of any delay, i won't be able to print it out and complete the passenger locator form before heading to the airport which may delay my flight.Please urgent response needed

I’d advise you do your test on Thursday to avoid any unnecessary delays. There’s no reason to risk these things.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OrionDigits24: 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2021
[quote author=tochil123 post=105654637]Visa Alert! Visa Alert!! Visa Alert!!!

My journey since 2011 hasn't been an easy one, from one challenge to another, but TO GOD BE THE GLORY.
My dream finally came through at God's appointed time.

Application: 1st September, 2021
Biometrics: 2nd September, 2021 (walk in Abuja), priority.

Collection mail: 9th September, 2021

Picked up passport today with Visa. 9th September, 2021

No non straight forward email,
No call
No interview

2 US visit visa refusal declared.
12 years study gap.

Thanks to you all for your support to one another here. I learnt a lot here

I pray that God Almighty will answer you all and grant your heart desires. Amen

Always pray, ask for Grace and trust God. Never give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I greet you all.
Congratulations

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bemagnify: 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
cedar3:
I received a mail from UKVI Pretoria about the verification of my bank statement, though it was addressed to the bank not me, however, it didn't show that I was copied in the mail, just sent directly to me. And I don't know if my bank has responded to them. Is this the normal M.O pls?

Which bank please ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
You can only get one scholarship, if a school offers you more than one, they’ll award the highest one to the applicant.
Ziik123:

Thanks for the reply. I am an applicant for September 2021.
International student scholarship is £2000
Merit Scholarship is £1000
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2021
Check for your school’s refund policy, you’ll find your answer there. For my school, if I withdraw before October 4th, they’ll give me back 75% of my deposit.
teewaik:
Please can i ask a school to withdraw my CAS without loosing the whole tuition deposit paid. Also will this be an issue if i ask another school to issue a CAS for jan intake. To give context, for certain recent personal unavoidable reasons, I may not be able to resume in early Oct my school said, but until around Nov. I asked to school if i could defer, they said they don't have Jan intake for my programme. I asked for late resumption while i study remotely till Nov, they are finding it difficult to give clearance. Now, i applied to another school for January intake and i got admitted.
Has anyone experienced or know someone who has. I did appreciate any advise i can get. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by msreniy(f): 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2021
OpemipoEsther:

It doesn’t even work, I didn’t receive any SMS. Waste of money!

Same! Lol.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vivvica(f): 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
cedar3:
I received a mail from UKVI Pretoria about the verification of my bank statement, though it was addressed to the bank not me, however, it didn't show that I was copied in the mail, just sent directly to me. And I don't know if my bank has responded to them. Is this the normal M.O pls?

No one knows . You can call your bank to ask if they verified your statement .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MaryAnn311991: 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
Good day everyone. Please is anyone going to University of the West of England for September. I need to join hands for accommodation. Please buzz me ASAP...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Francejaik(m): 6:50pm On Sep 09, 2021
hustla:

With or without?

With

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Francejaik(m): 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2021
Redditor:

I used Stanbic IBTC and it was passworded. Removed it, applied and UKVI issued my visa.

If yours open straight away without a prompt to input password, you're good to go then.

Wishing you the very best in your application.

@Redditor thanks alot.

I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
From my experience if your accommodation is not close to the Midlands and have to be up-and-about by day 11, avoid them if you can.

Yes they deliver test kits in good time but have terrible timing for results.

My spouse's
Day 2 result sent day 10
Day 5 result was communicated on day 11

Day 8 tests still not out by day 12 for the entire family. Took another day 8 test in a center so I can end isolation to go house viewing.

Callmed:
I'd recommend Dante labs. I paid about £68 pounds(student discount) and it was delivered quickly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ademolapim: 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2021
I got admission into Teesside also for September intake. Just applied for priority visa. Can you walk through the documents needed at the embassy? Thanks and hopefully we link up at Teesside�
deewhone19:
VISA ALERT!!!

CAS - 30th July 2021
Application - 7th August, 2021
Biometrics - 13th August, 2021 V. I Standard
Transferred to DMC - 13th August, 2021
Received at DMC - 16th August, 2021
Transferred back to VAC - 6th September 2021
Received at VAC - 6th September 2021
Collection mail - 6th September 2021
Picked up at DHL office - 9th September 2021

Documents submitted
-A joint bank statement with my sister with her consent letter and OandA schedule for the duration of my statement.
- B.Sc certificate
- WAEC
- CAS
- copy of passport data page

No Non straightforward mail
No interview

God did it for me.

Thank you to every contributor on this Thread and thank you speciallllly specially to @justrite for creating the thread.

Teesside here I come.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MaryAnn311991: 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2021
Anyone going to Bristol and needs accommodation. Please DM
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Eddy81: 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
I did my biometrics on the 2nd of September at VI tls and am yet to get a collection mail. As anyone who did same day gotten a collection mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by oyatospecial: 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2021
I also did priority at VI on the 2nd of September, and my application is still with DMC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2021
2x 23kg baggage.

Find link below fees for overweight and extra bags. Not cargo, it flies with you.

https://help.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/baggage/additional-baggage.html#baggagefees

Richhard:
Who've used Virgin Atlantic to fly? They say 2x 23kg baggage for free, if someone have got two bags, one is 23kg, second is more than 23kg, will the bag come with flight or they'll use cargo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Basirat6279: 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2021
Please which bank and can you please share the content of the mail. Thank you.

cedar3:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mrchemist(m): 7:19pm On Sep 09, 2021
Dear All Please I Need aN urgent Suggestions asking for a Friend She presented an account statement of 12million during her Visa application and got the visa,after one week She printed another account statement from that same account for her family's visa application,but they were refused due to insufficient Balance. She want to apply for administrative Review because UKVI revoke my Visa. (Applicant Visa)..please suggestions. And advice Please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cedar3: 7:22pm On Sep 09, 2021
Basirat6279:

Keystone.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fetomowo: 7:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
On Covid 19 Test for Day 2 and Day 8

You can find approved test providers here

https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/test-type/amber

You see, you must take into consideration the location of your test provider for efficiency in delivery of test kits and test results.

There are different types of testing available (self swab or provider supervised which can either be on site or at home), some won't be applicable if you are isolating.

Luckily on that site you can filter to know by each region which test provider covers your area.

Make sure you check reviews online too.

Also check you council government website for more location specific info as well as local covid-19 regulations, program and information.
e.g
for Middlesbrough
https://www.middlesbrough.gov.uk/community-support-and-safety/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-twice-weekly-rapid-testing-everyone
*For Coventry*
https://www.coventry.gov.uk/coronavirus

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Yemzzyy: 7:33pm On Sep 09, 2021
cedar3:

Keystone.

Wow, so they ask for current balance as well

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Clarine: 7:41pm On Sep 09, 2021
Basirat6279:

When was your biometric
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kenny4smart(m): 7:42pm On Sep 09, 2021
Yemzzyy:

Wow, so they ask for current balance as well

May God blind their eyes when treating my file. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fetomowo: 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
Did you send them an email after booking? If you didn't and you live in Lagos, you can go to the office in VI. 11th floor on the Standard Chartered Bank Building just opposite Silverbird Galleria.

Funmilola37:
Hello all, please I booked ticket Qatar on Tuesday and made payment yesterday morning past 24 hrs now they haven’t confirmed or sent my ticket, I have called countless times nothing yet.pls what can I do again at this point
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Basirat6279: 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
3rd of September

Clarine:

When was your biometric
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fetomowo: 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
The must have blind copied you. Speak to your account manager to confirm if they got an email from UKVI. You may forward your copy.
cedar3:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by omolara123(f): 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2021
SamuelHUK:

Should come latest tomorrow. Congrats in advance

Collection mail has dropped ooo
TLS ikeja priority September 1st
Glory be to God

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 7:56pm On Sep 09, 2021
https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/Type

kiari:

Huh? Where’s the £235 coming from? Can you show me on the uk website. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by omolara123(f): 7:56pm On Sep 09, 2021
MaryAnn311991:
Good day everyone. Please is anyone going to University of the West of England for September. I need to join hands for accommodation. Please buzz me ASAP...

My hubby and i
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by omolara123(f): 7:57pm On Sep 09, 2021
MaryAnn311991:
Anyone going to Bristol and needs accommodation. Please DM

Am here ooooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by jayifeanyi1234: 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
From my understanding, is as good as using 12m for your family application, which is definitely not sufficient. One week interval is just too short if you are using exact statement. If you applied with the amount needed for your whole family, maybe...
My thought pls...

mrchemist:
Dear All Please I Need aN urgent Suggestions asking for a Friend She presented an account statement of 12million during her Visa application and got the visa,after one week She printed another account statement from that same account for her family's visa application,but they were refused due to insufficient Balance. She want to apply for administrative Review because UKVI revoke my Visa. (Applicant Visa)..please suggestions. And advice Please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
cedar3:

Try n contact the bank customer to be sure they av responded to the email.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.