Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,028 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1254255 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ndidibabe(f): 7:14am On Sep 15, 2021
ListerCompaq:

So for a family of 3, IHS will be USD 2,366.
Do you have an idea of how much dollar goes for in the black market now?
N600 yesterday

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Craneb2k: 7:24am On Sep 15, 2021
There's always an option to pay in GBP and those details are what you use on your form A at the bank using flywire. It's cheaper

Egocen:
no form A here according to the bank

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by leggyb(m): 7:29am On Sep 15, 2021
Booking PCR tests with testingforall.org has been ok with me so far.

I landed UK on the 12th, got to my apartment by midnight. On the 13th, by 12, i received my day 2 and day 8 kits. I followed the instructions and took the self swab. I returned it immediately by dropping it in a royal mail box around me (it's free, just drop it in and go).

On the 14th, the next day, i received my day 2 result via email.

Update on private accomodation payment via Form A.

I am thankful my landlord accepted that i quarantine in my accommodation without deposit and without payment yet. I only assured him that international transfers through the bank takes time. He agreed with me on that. Meanwhile i escalated my application for private accomodation with Gtbank on the 9th of September before travelling.

Fresh documents were requested from headquarters lagos, i submitted at area 11 Abuja (someone helped me fill the form actually).

To quickly conclude, i have been sent my telex. 44weeks contract of 2672GBP paid via form A for 1.5m approx.

I was rejected application for private accomodation by numerous banks. It came through finally. If you wish to follow this path, you must get all documents ready. Had to forward my signed contracts on request.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Lorlaahlozz: 7:38am On Sep 15, 2021
Beeyems:
I'm on my way there now

Hello.Did they allow it?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Yemzzyy: 7:46am On Sep 15, 2021
Zenanted:
The address you'll stay while in UK

Can this be different from what was filled on the visa application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 7:46am On Sep 15, 2021
leggyb:

I landed UK on the 12th, got to my apartment by midnight. On the 13th, by 12, i received my day 2 and day 8 kits. I followed the instructions and took the self swab. I returned it immediately by dropping it in a royal mail box around me (it's free, just drop it in and go).

I am thankful my landlord accepted that i quarantine in my accommodation without deposit and without payment yet. I only assured him that international transfers through the bank takes time. He agreed with me on that. Meanwhile i escalated my application for private accomodation with Gtbank on the 9th of September before travelling.

Fresh documents were requested from headquarters lagos, i submitted at area 11 Abuja (someone helped me fill the form actually).

To quickly conclude, i have been sent my telex. 44weeks contract of 2672GBP paid via form A for 1.5m approx.

I was rejected application for private accomodation by numerous banks. It came through finally. If you wish to follow this path, you must get all documents ready. Had to forward my signed contracts on request.

Pls what kind of documents did you submit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by alwayspositive8: 7:49am On Sep 15, 2021
Please I need your help elders. I submitted my visa application and I made payment for my IHS and Standard Visa application around 12.30am on the 15th of September 2021( this morning). However when the UKVI checklist was downloaded and printed. The checklist shows application date for standard visa payment as 14th September 2021 while the date of submission was 15th September 2021(I guess this may be due to time zone). While on the other hand, the date of application on my VAF( Visa Application form) states 15th of September 2021.

Now here is the thing, I printed a 29days POF ( Aug 18 - Sept 15), which i already attached to my application. My question now is

1. When is my exact date of application as If
th 15th of September 2021 was picked on my Checklist, I may not have bothered myself since I printed the statement on the 29th day

2. If the 14th of September is picked as my Date of application, will this be an issue since 14th would have been the 28th day for my POF maturity. Will i have been considered to have held the fund for the minimum 28days as at the time of making my application. Even though the statement i attached shows that the closing bal on the 28th(14th sept) and 29th (15th September)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 7:57am On Sep 15, 2021
1. Should noodles, milk, tea be also place in a transparent bag or they can come with their original milk pack

2. Those that have travelled, did you fill the NITP departure form ??

3. Have you been able to withdraw in pounds from an atm with your GTB usd Mastercard. Wondering if I should travel with plenty cash or keep it in the dom account

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by phadriz(m): 8:00am On Sep 15, 2021
Misstoluwani:

Yayyy, what stage are you?

Still expecting offer letter from them ooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amarathripple0: 8:01am On Sep 15, 2021
Tybello101:
Pls Fam quick answers will be appreciated!
While Filling the passenger Locator Form, am I supposed to use the address of where I will temporarily quarantine at or the school accommodation address were I will be permanently staying?
Answers pls,
Thanks.

Your temporary isolation address.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amarathripple0: 8:05am On Sep 15, 2021
Yemzzyy:

Can this be different from what was filled on the visa application

Yes it can be different, no issues. Just be able to defend it incase you are questioned at your point of entry.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by olola4(m): 8:12am On Sep 15, 2021
vvansalam:
Please mail me let me share something with you

Sent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Timmypaul: 8:23am On Sep 15, 2021
Any update for September 7 priority applicant ?? Has any one tried to tracking their application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ambasado4lyf: 8:28am On Sep 15, 2021
Timmypaul:
Any update for September 7 priority applicant ?? Has any one tried to tracking their application.

Have you tracked yours? What stage is it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pimpc007(m): 8:30am On Sep 15, 2021
stop worrying. minimum is 28 days.. u can submit 100 days if u want
alwayspositive8:
Please I need your help elders. I submitted my visa application and I made payment for my IHS and Standard Visa application around 12.30am on the 15th of September 2021( this morning). However when the UKVI checklist was downloaded and printed. The checklist shows application date for standard visa payment as 14th September 2021 while the date of submission was 15th September 2021(I guess this may be due to time zone). While on the other hand, the date of application on my VAF( Visa Application form) states 15th of September 2021.

Now here is the thing, I printed a 29days POF ( Aug 18 - Sept 15), which i already attached to my application. My question now is

th 15th of September 2021 was picked on my Checklist, I may not have bothered myself since I printed the statement on the 29th day

2. If the 14th of September is picked as my Date of application, will this be an issue since 14th would have been the 28th day for my POF maturity. Will i have been considered to have held the fund for the minimum 28days as at the time of making my application. Even though the statement i attached shows that the closing bal on the 28th(14th sept) and 29th (15th September)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amarathripple0: 8:30am On Sep 15, 2021
Timmypaul:

Hold tight. By God’s Grace, collection mail will drop today.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by alwayspositive8: 8:39am On Sep 15, 2021
Only God knows how much i have waited for someone to respond to my enquiry. I am seriously worried. Truth is i dont know why UKVI have to state that I made payment on 14th when in actual fact it was 15th Sept. I may just hope for the very best. Thanks for your response. I did appreciate.
pimpc007:
stop worrying. minimum is 28 days.. u can submit 100 days if u want
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ipajaprince(m): 8:41am On Sep 15, 2021
Beeyems:
Wait can you really get closer dates with premium lounge?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ocpaschal: 8:51am On Sep 15, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Generally, the Nigerian High Commission is not known for efficiency. They are backlogged up to 7 months or so, so variable. They said they were not working during the pandemic, which as usual is Nigeria at its best.
It might change, improve or worsen.
They have a fast-track process for 100 quid if you want to try that.
that's serious... does this mean that renewing passport in Nigeria will be safer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 15, 2021
leggyb:

Accommodation Is so cheap. What area is that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Princetayo5bois(m): 8:52am On Sep 15, 2021
Only God knows when University of Greenwich is going to release my CAS ��� September intake
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pimpc007(m): 8:52am On Sep 15, 2021
Those are minor things, the payment processor may be in a different time zone. don't forget this whole process is international.. and even if its an error, Shey na your issue? No. As long as u have the payment emails sent to you and your IHS reference number entered into your application, u no get one seed of wahala
alwayspositive8:
Only God knows how much i have waited for someone to respond to my enquiry. I am seriously worried. Truth is i dont know why UKVI have to state that I made payment on 14th when in actual fact it was 15th Sept. I may just hope for the very best. Thanks for your response. I did appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Jaylo79: 8:53am On Sep 15, 2021
Ipajaprince:

Yes

As soon as the next day? If I apply today will it be possible to get for tomorrow? Or I should just go for walk in
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 8:54am On Sep 15, 2021
1Hover1:
He can't use this. It's not the child making the application. Straightforward is better, I am the parent of the child.... So they know the child's parent is the one doing the application. They don't expect an 8 y/o to fill an application form successfully by him/her self.

Don’t forget you will still submit a parental consent letter for the child to fill the form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mrbobola: 8:56am On Sep 15, 2021
A quick one, please gurus in the house, l need the list of schools that their deposit fees ranges between 2000 - 3000£. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 8:59am On Sep 15, 2021
leggyb:

Wow! This is nice I will explore this route then because paying for accommodation is a big problem.
Which bank does this for you?
Did they pay directly to your account or to your Landlords account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pimpc007(m): 9:00am On Sep 15, 2021
Also, statement you submitted is 28 days o. That is not 29 days, if you had the money in u can add an extra day and make it to august 17th to September 15th. that will make it 29 days and eliminate your submission doubt completely
alwayspositive8:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cedar3: 9:02am On Sep 15, 2021
Enraf:

This is disheartening if this is what they send after 49 days! They are just using us to catch cruise.
Today I place a call to them the phone kept me on wait for 55min this was at international rates And I was charged additional 68pence all this without getting to speak to anyone. It’s that bad
I just don't understand them at all! I called thrice, with each call getting to about 20mins, was kept on hold throughout, even around midnight. It's just annoying.

Any ways, the story of my waka with ndi UKVI is loading...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cedar3: 9:03am On Sep 15, 2021
Enraf:

26th of August Ikeja Priority still at DMC. We keep having hope
Let's keep encouraging each other, the wait can be nerve wrecking. There's hope...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by alwayspositive8: 9:05am On Sep 15, 2021
Yes boss! The payment processor worldpay seems to be in a time zone 1 hr late. Yes the IHS confirmation mail clearly indicates 15th of sept and by wirh what i can see IHS payment comes before Visa fee. Also, payment cannot even be made without submitting the application first. I am only worried cos I don't want any form of delays, interviews or others
pimpc007:
Those are minor things, the payment processor may be in a different time zone. don't forget this whole process is international.. and even if its an error, Shey na your issue? No. As long as u have the payment emails sent to you and your IHS reference number entered into your application, u no get one seed of wahala

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pimpc007(m): 9:07am On Sep 15, 2021
check my previous reply.. what date does your application say?
alwayspositive8:
Yes boss! The payment processor worldpay seems to be in a time zone 1 hr late. Yes the IHS confirmation mail clearly indicates 15th of sept and by wirh what i can see IHS payment comes before Visa fee. Also, payment cannot even be made without submitting the application first. I am only worried cos I don't want any form of delays, interviews or others
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by alwayspositive8: 9:09am On Sep 15, 2021
28days how?...The opening bal as at 18th meets the requirement and also closing bal on 15th meets the requirements or how is it been calculated ? By including 18th Aug and 15th Sept, that makes it 29 day or am I wrong
pimpc007:
Also, statement you submitted is 28 days o. That is not 29 days, if you had the money in u can add an extra day and make it to august 17th to September 15th. that will make it 29 days and eliminate your submission doubt completely

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.