Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1252404 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by angelss813(f): 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2021
Congratulations.
Did they omit your daughter's visa when yours came out? How were you able to get them to respond and how long did it take?

I didn't apply at all, she's the applicant, paid for walk-in, Priority in Abuja and in five working days the Visa came out successfully
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 10:36pm On Sep 23, 2021
Enraf:

I need an advise urgently here. I have paid for an apartment for me and my family and rent has started to count meanwhile we are still here waiting for the visa and passport. I had thought we would get decision by 10th of September based on priority but now nothing nothing.
What are the options? Can I ask the landlord to suspend the rent counting for now? How do you think that could play out. I am also wary of the losing the apartment I know the kind work done to get the place. The rent has started to count from last week

1. How much is the rent?

2. Did you get tenancy agreement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Orjforlife: 10:37pm On Sep 23, 2021
Check Ulster University and Glasgow Caledonian University.

stelor:
Hello, Good Evening everyone, Please... I am new here, I want to apply for BA (Hons) Human Resources Management or any other similar course that is not very expensive at Teesside University or any other similar course in any universities outside of London that offer admission for January/February intake, it should not be above 14K GBP Yearly. Thanks

Please, I want you all to guide me in the process by contributing to this post and also making recommendations for me. Please I don't understand the UCAS process?

Thanks all for your anticipated replies.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kunleop: 10:50pm On Sep 23, 2021
fificole:
Fresh or renewal?

I made applications with my expired passport and got offers. However, a valid passport was a prerequisite for an unconditional offer.

Fresh passport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 11:11pm On Sep 23, 2021
Nothing wrong with trying.

Kunleop:

Fresh passport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by em7even(m): 11:30pm On Sep 23, 2021
Which Center?
Enraf:

Amen o! we are in the same shoe. I did biometric on the 26th of August never imagine we would still be awaiting decision on the 22 of September! It’s an experience never bargain for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by em7even(m): 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2021
She'd need her passport to apply for admission naa.
Kunleop:
Good evening house

Pls I am asking the question on behalf of friend,

He want to apply for school in UK but her international passport is not yet out, she has done d capturing just waiting for the booklet.

Can she go ahead to apply for school? Or she need to hold on till d passport out.

Note.. She's already have her transcripts and all other requirements for application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1Hover1(m): 11:34pm On Sep 23, 2021
Yes please.
And under comments explain what you did, including CDS activities just to buttress the point that it wasn't a military service.
solalal36:
Very urgent, please

Do I select Government for NYSC service year?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1Hover1(m): 11:43pm On Sep 23, 2021
Apologies for my late response, sure please go ahead.

Excessgrace1:
@1Hover1, Plz I want to verify something from u
Can I Pm u?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by JahMan1: 11:45pm On Sep 23, 2021
naijatisumi:
@Just wise and gurus in the house please this is urgent and I need your help. My wife, my self and my 1st daughter has gotten our visas but my 2nd daughter visa is still at DMC even when it’s 16 working days already and we’ve already booked ticket , booked Airbnb and done covid test already. This is my question. She has a valid US passport. Please can she travel with that while we travel with our visas. I heard she can stay legally for 6months. We will come back and get her Nigerian passport later and re-enter with that. Hope we won’t have issue with immigration officers at the POE ? Please help a brother our flight is 8am tomorrow and cancelling the ticket for next week we are told to pay almost 2M when we got the said ticket for just 859k for 4 of us. Please I need una help. GOD I need your peace right now

Why do they omit passport of family members like this? I am waiting for that of my son as well.
I am sure your daughter can freely enter UK with her US passport. There shouldn't be any problem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kelvinpam(m): 11:50pm On Sep 23, 2021
RealSiz:
Please is there an approved Covid 19 PCR test center around Festac/Amuwo Odofin/Surulere? Thanks

There is one at Festac. Dunno the name. It's Just after diamond estate. Next to Zenith Bank if you heading to the link bridge from Apple junction.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vivvica(f): 11:51pm On Sep 23, 2021
Yemzzyy:

Please do they accept waec as well or just Ielts

They accept waec result.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vivvica(f): 11:51pm On Sep 23, 2021
Richdee1:

That means their fees are cheap

No it’s not cheap. It’s within the same range as uk universities
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vivvica(f): 11:58pm On Sep 23, 2021
naijatisumi:
@Just wise and gurus in the house please this is urgent and I need your help. My wife, my self and my 1st daughter has gotten our visas but my 2nd daughter visa is still at DMC even when it’s 16 working days already and we’ve already booked ticket , booked Airbnb and done covid test already. This is my question. She has a valid US passport. Please can she travel with that while we travel with our visas. I heard she can stay legally for 6months. We will come back and get her Nigerian passport later and re-enter with that. Hope we won’t have issue with immigration officers at the POE ? Please help a brother our flight is 8am tomorrow and cancelling the ticket for next week we are told to pay almost 2M when we got the said ticket for just 859k for 4 of us. Please I need una help. GOD I need your peace right now

From what I know , with a valid US visa she can stay for 3months without applying for a visa . But after 3months she would need a visa , so I guess she can fly .
Enjoy your trip tomorrow. You can always send her passport through dhl to uk when it is out .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Christybibi: 12:37am On Sep 24, 2021
Kelvinpam:

Nothing yet. Still at DMC.

What about yours?

Mine is still at DMC too
I believe God will cause them to give us speedy and great response

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Egocen: 1:40am On Sep 24, 2021
sent proof, still they haven't gotten it

Enraf:

This depends on the bank give it 7 to 10 days but remember you can send proof that you have made the payment to Salford
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:41am On Sep 24, 2021
naijatisumi:

Drop authorisation letter with a very trusted person and any document needed for pickup . So that the person can pick up the passport and then send it to you in UK... no need to come back to naija for that

As for UK yes she can enter. The officer might tell you that she has the wrong papers if she intending to be there not for visiting but you can explain. Just ensure you know your right that legally she can enter. Hopefully shouldn't be an issue

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1beat(m): 4:14am On Sep 24, 2021
Kunleop:

Fresh passport

Apply without passport in the process of waiting for admission start processing your passport, some schools will accept while some will not , some might mail you to forward your passport for them to continue your admission process.

University of Kent
Stirling University
GCU
University of Greenwich

Bournemouth University will accept your application but give you 14days to forward your passport data page through email

Any immigration officer you engage ensure you pay with warning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chreze(m): 4:51am On Sep 24, 2021
Studying in UK is fun. Almost done with my masters program (3months to go), here are some advice based on experience.

1. Before leaving Naija, try to learn something eg handwork (this advice will never go old). New things to learn that will make life easier and better for you here, learn financial trading (stock or crypto). This stuffs can help you make some money while you focus on your studies. Crypto is very good (yes high risk) but take your time to learn properly, eliminating the human greed, it will make you a thousandnaire in any currency of your choice.

2. Research is a good skill to posses as most university here expect you to posses this. It’s not a Nigerian thing as most of our program (if not all) in Nigeria are taught and not research based. But here even the taught programs have a reasonable amount of research work in them.

3. Try to arrange some money for your program ( this is difficult base on Nigeria issues) but this will help you focus on your program and work less. Hence why I advised trading as you can do that at home without going out.

4. In Nigeria we are known for essay writing, rather than paper summary. But trust me, it’s a lot more difficult writing an essay here as you will have to reference everything to avoid plagiarism (this is a very big deal here, browse about it’s proper meaning). But on the contrary paper summary is not as difficult as it seems, all you have to do is read the paper very well, then drop the material and summarize base on your understanding of the material. I will say this again, this is easier compared to essay writing.

5. Take your time now while you are waiting for your visa or planning on traveling to learn two things. What Plagiarism is all about in the UK and how to read a paper. Reading a paper sounds easy but it’s not. To avoid plagiarism, there are certain rules to reading a paper that will guide you. (Search YouTube for materials on “Research and Professional Skill”) this should help you in building your writing skills.

6. If possible learn how to bake and make pastries. Learn the normal baking of cake and other pastries (pies and donut and all their relatives). If you know the basics, it will be easier to learn and work at breakfast restaurants here as you just need to get their recipes. Whites like pastries (this is same for most cities in the world). Hence why it is considered easier to get restaurants job. Bakers are constantly needed, because new breakfast-shops open almost every time and the pay is more than frontline staff at restaurants.

7. Listen more than you talk. Listen to people talk, most of the things you think you know are not the way they are or ought to be. A lot of things even the little things like “English language”.

8. Make YouTube and Google you best friend. This two apps/site helped me a-lot. you can get the answer to anything/everything on them. But remember Plagiarism if you are using them for school work that will be submitted.

9. plagiarism was mentioned severally in this my long story, that’s because it’s the reason why most people won’t be proceeding to project stage in my school. And the funny thing is, plagiarism is as little as using your teachers words/note without clearly stating you got it from his/her note. Dumb right, but a very big deal over here.

Again, learn trading, forex, stock or crypto. It will help you as you can be getting some small small thing to hold body. This is just a ruff summary of things that can help you here.

Above all, give some time to your studies as it’s the first reason why you are there. When in skool, try to work for short hours maybe work for just food and rent. Don’t over do it, remember your program is probably 1yr or 2 and it will be nice to graduate with a good result. If not for anything, at-least for the time and money you spent going to study abroad. After your program you can work for 23hrs a day and sleep 1hr, that’s between you and your GP that time.

Blessings.

54 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chreze(m): 4:52am On Sep 24, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Drop authorisation letter with a very trusted person and any document needed for pickup . So that the person can pick up the passport and then send it to you in UK... no need to come back to naija for that

As for UK yes she can enter. The officer might tell you that she has the wrong papers if she intending to be there not for visiting but you can explain. Just ensure you know your right that legally she can enter. Hopefully shouldn't be an issue

God go bless you for this job wey you de do for this places since only God knows how many years ago.

And for others too who still do this same job. Una no go find anything and not see am.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cedar3: 5:49am On Sep 24, 2021
corpershun:

Wow
Don’t worry
Tomorrow it is
When did you do biometrics
You may still get collection email in the night sef.
Got the collection mail around 5pm yesterday, will be going there today.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Alonika(m): 5:50am On Sep 24, 2021
Hi Everyone,
Please I did my biometrics at TLS Ikeja on the 8th of september 2021 and I paid for priority service but till date 24th September , I am yet to get a collection mail or any feedback from UKVI explaining the delay. Is anyone here going through same?, what are the things I can do to hasten the process?.

Thanks for your anticipated responses.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Poanan: 6:04am On Sep 24, 2021
Kunleop:
Good evening house

Pls I am asking the question on behalf of friend,

He want to apply for school in UK but her international passport is not yet out, she has done d capturing just waiting for the booklet.

Can she go ahead to apply for school? Or she need to hold on till d passport out.

Note.. She's already have her transcripts and all other requirements for application.

She can start. Instead of finding her hands and doing nothing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Funky88: 6:17am On Sep 24, 2021
Chreze:
Studying in UK is fun. Almost done with my masters program (3months to go), here are some advice based on experience.

1. Before leaving Naija, try to learn something eg handwork (this advice will never go old). New things to learn that will make life easier and better for you here, learn financial trading (stock or crypto). This stuffs can help you make some money while you focus on your studies. Crypto is very good (yes high risk) but take your time to learn properly, eliminating the human greed, it will make you a thousandnaire in any currency of your choice.

2. Research is a good skill to posses as most university here expect you to posses this. It’s not a Nigerian thing as most of our program (if not all) in Nigeria are taught and not research based. But here even the taught programs have a reasonable amount of research work in them.

3. Try to arrange some money for your program ( this is difficult base on Nigeria issues) but this will help you focus on your program and work less. Hence why I advised trading as you can do that at home without going out.

4. In Nigeria we are known for essay writing, rather than paper summary. But trust me, it’s a lot more difficult writing an essay here as you will have to reference everything to avoid plagiarism (this is a very big deal here, browse about it’s proper meaning). But on the contrary paper summary is not as difficult as it seems, all you have to do is read the paper very well, then drop the material and summarize base on your understanding of the material. I will say this again, this is easier compared to essay writing.

5. Take your time now while you are waiting for your visa or planning on traveling to learn two things. What Plagiarism is all about in the UK and how to read a paper. Reading a paper sounds easy but it’s not. To avoid plagiarism, there are certain rules to reading a paper that will guide you. (Search YouTube for materials on “Research and Professional Skill”) this should help you in building your writing skills.

6. If possible learn how to bake and make pastries. Learn the normal baking of cake and other pastries (pies and donut and all their relatives). If you know the basics, it will be easier to learn and work at breakfast restaurants here as you just need to get their recipes. Whites like pastries (this is same for most cities in the world). Hence why it is considered easier to get restaurants job. Bakers are constantly needed, because new breakfast-shops open almost every time and the pay is more than frontline staff at restaurants.

7. Listen more than you talk. Listen to people talk, most of the things you think you know are not the way they are or ought to be. A lot of things even the little things like “English language”.

8. Make YouTube and Google you best friend. This two apps/site helped me a-lot. you can get the answer to anything/everything on them. But remember Plagiarism if you are using them for school work that will be submitted.

9. plagiarism was mentioned severally in this my long story, that’s because it’s the reason why most people won’t be proceeding to project stage in my school. And the funny thing is, plagiarism is as little as using your teachers words/note without clearly stating you got it from his/her note. Dumb right, but a very big deal over here.

Again, learn trading, forex, stock or crypto. It will help you as you can be getting some small small thing to hold body. This is just a ruff summary of things that can help you here.

Above all, give some time to your studies as it’s the first reason why you are there. When in skool, try to work for short hours maybe work for just food and rent. Don’t over do it, remember your program is probably 1yr or 2 and it will be nice to graduate with a good result. If not for anything, at-least for the time and money you spent going to study abroad. After your program you can work for 23hrs a day and sleep 1hr, that’s between you and your GP that time.

Blessings.

God bless you real good � thank you so much

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Busique: 6:35am On Sep 24, 2021
Has anyone fly or book with Lufthansa airline
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bojj: 6:36am On Sep 24, 2021
I had to resubmit my passport to TLS because of an error on my passport number on the entry vignette, any idea(s) on how long it takes for UKVI to send back my passport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by corpershun: 6:38am On Sep 24, 2021
cedar3:

Got the collection mail around 5pm yesterday, will be going there today.

Wow congratulations
Told you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amarathripple0: 7:03am On Sep 24, 2021
solalal36:
Very urgent, please

Do I select Government for NYSC service year?

Nope, don’t do that. Absolutely unnecessary

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:03am On Sep 24, 2021
Chreze:

God go bless you for this job wey you de do for this places since only God knows how many years ago.

And for others too who still do this same job. Una no go find anything and not see am.

God bless you too smiley cheesy grin and amen, wish you the same

Work and family life don't allow me to see road to come here as much again....

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Zangovinchy: 7:06am On Sep 24, 2021
Send to Finance team and not admission team. Finance team will acknowledge it almost immediately or after some hours. But admission team, for were!!!!!��.

Egocen:
sent proof, still they haven't gotten it

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TheGuyFromHR: 7:08am On Sep 24, 2021
Enraf:

I need an advise urgently here. I have paid for an apartment for me and my family and rent has started to count meanwhile we are still here waiting for the visa and passport. I had thought we would get decision by 10th of September based on priority but now nothing nothing.
What are the options? Can I ask the landlord to suspend the rent counting for now? How do you think that could play out. I am also wary of the losing the apartment I know the kind work done to get the place. The rent has started to count from last week

If you've signed a contract you have a legally binding agreement, so its only if the landlord decides to show goodwill. Otherwise, they've every right to keep your money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Danife03: 7:21am On Sep 24, 2021
emmynent:
Have you gotten your collection mail now?
pls I need help too I did my biometric September 10th up till now I haven’t gotten anything yet and my school is resuming soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.