Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1262405 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Akanmu2013: 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
Kunleop:

Bro, can we connect, I have some questions to ask
Pls, ask whatever questions you have here for others to contribute and benefit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DanWord(m): 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2021
kayalade123:

Instructions from who

Hi bro. How did you get to Warrington for your drive through test with eurofins. My appointment is tomorrow I don't know how to get there from Manchester. I will love to get a bus.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Peoria98: 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2021
Hello everyone, so the issue now is the Latest start date on my CAS is 4th October being today but I haven't traveled. I have my flight booked on the 10th, so what do I do now? Will I still be allowed to enter the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ebonmic: 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2021
Didn't have access to the email sent.
Forgotten my password.

ebonmic:
Had done that

quote author=Royalsmaryam post=106451302]

What number are you calling? If you can send me a mail so I’ll give you a number
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vickyuche(f): 10:43pm On Oct 04, 2021
I came into UK less than a week ago. I wasn't able to get accommodation from Nigeria so I'm currently quarantining at a relative's house. I've made some arrangements for houses which I need to see b4 commitment, once I'm done with isolation.

Now I need to apply for my dependants visa today or latest tomorrow but cos of my kids, I'm worried about what I will use as the address of where they will stay in the UK.
(even though I'm sure to secure accommodation b4 they come)

I used the school address but don't know if it will fly since I'm already in the uk.

I need advice Bikonu, ejoor
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gigli: 11:20pm On Oct 04, 2021
Danito2525:
please for someone that just finished service and has a sponsor who is not an immediate family member willing to pay the cost of tuition for MSc and living expenses into his account bearing in mind that he hasn't worked to have that much in his account will he be accepted/granted visa to study in UK as long as he has the required fund.

Yes he can be grateful visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gigli: 11:22pm On Oct 04, 2021
Teenicenice:
Good evening house,

please I need advise. I got an unconditional offer for Jan intake to UWE. To issue CAS, they requested for bank statement and TB certificate. I sent an email to iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int requesting for an appointment. I got an automated reply asking me to do it online through a link. When I checked the link, the earliest date in Lagos for appointment was December 20th 2021 which would obviously not allow me time to process CAS not to talk of Visa. Please how do I go around this as I need the TB certificate to even get CAS.
Kindly help please.

You will still get another mail with a closer date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gigli: 11:23pm On Oct 04, 2021
Calapar:
Hello guys

Please, I need suggestions on what to fill on these questions, regarding my visa application:

Who will you be staying with in the UK? Thinking of staying in the accommodation provided by the University for 10 days isolation
Do you know where you will be staying in the UK? I haven't rented any apartment yet
Will you be staying anywhere else in the UK? I haven't rented any apartment yet

Kindly assist if my responses above are good to go or they may have any implication.

You can use your school details
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Adebayobest: 11:23pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oracleforce:
edinburgh naiper is faster in giving CAS than most schools in UK...

Is it for January 2022 intake?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gigli: 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
asadex004:
Hello house, please help a newbie… I just want to start from the beginning, I need a detailed orientation of how to go about it from application down to visa. Thank you

What University are you looking at
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vickyuche(f): 11:30pm On Oct 04, 2021
obitryce:

*Open an account for the child and pay in some money. Ensure the address on the account is same as place of residence.

* Get a letter of confirmation from the child's school stating the child lives with you and you pay her fees.

This meets two of the requirements listed. I did so for my daughter and got her Visa all thanks to Scobby2007 guidance.

Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Emmyk(m): 11:31pm On Oct 04, 2021
Hi everyone. smiley

I want to know if I can use statement from Payoneer.com as my POF.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ugomaxx: 11:38pm On Oct 04, 2021
Am only just hearing this, used them for my predeparture test over a week ago, though @ Enugu precisely.
ayrton03:
Thought they sealed the lab, are they back?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by KunMagic9: 11:44pm On Oct 04, 2021
Pls is der anyone at University of South Wales? I need to ask some questions please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mescanayo(m): 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2021
Please you mean you used SafetyMolecular at Enugu. Pls how much and how long did it take the result to come out pls I need to know.

Ugomaxx:
Am only just hearing this, used them for my predeparture test over a week ago, though @ Enugu precisely.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dramadiddy(m): 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2021
olamzy45:
Please ����� trying to book for tls but once I get to payment it refusing my ATM card please what can I do I need quick response please ���
try using the barter app by flutterwave, buy dollars through their account and use their dollar card to pay
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ugomaxx: 12:16am On Oct 05, 2021
Yes I did, on sept 23 to be precise, came out the next day, #25k. But try & confirm if they have been sealed as alluded to by sm1 here
mescanayo:
Please you mean you used SafetyMolecular at Enugu. Pls how much and how long did it take the result to come out pls I need to know.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 12:46am On Oct 05, 2021
It means he can work but can't work full time. However, such description is not for dependent

whyteLayorn1:
Hi Guys please what does DEPENDANT Restricted Work No Sportsperson No Public Funds

It’s written on my wife’s visa
Does the restriction means she can’t work ?
I’m confused �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by humbleprof19(m): 12:54am On Oct 05, 2021
Is your wife a medical doctor?

whyteLayorn1:
Hi Guys please what does DEPENDANT Restricted Work No Sportsperson No Public Funds

I’m confused �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by em7even(m): 1:36am On Oct 05, 2021
Nope.
It's for a dependant that is a doctor, I think. It means the person can't work as doctor but can do other non-professional jobs full-time. He'd not become a professional athlete either.
Patnuel2015:
It means he can work but can't work full time. However, such description is not for dependent

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babababy(m): 1:46am On Oct 05, 2021
whyteLayorn1:

I’m confused �

All dependants visa have a restriction on it, what was on your wife's vignette is " Restricted work No Sportperson No Public funds",which means the nature of the restriction is No Sportsperson related work and cant use public funds...No restriction on time, she can work full time. What you are focusing on is the first two words "Restricted work", but its a full sentence and you must read together.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by oluwaahmed: 2:22am On Oct 05, 2021
Mrtrypes:

You can Send me a mail, I’ll add you to the WhatsApp group.

Sent bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by larex007(m): 3:17am On Oct 05, 2021
Newbie123:

Oh wow. Schools have started taking applications for September 2022?

Anyone for Hertfordshire September 2022?

I will be applying this month

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:23am On Oct 05, 2021
em7even:
Nope.
It's for a dependant that is a doctor, I think. It means the person can't work as doctor but can do other non-professional jobs full-time. He'd not become a professional athlete either.

Dependent can work as a doctor for sure .... if it no doctor in training. That is different. The doctor can still work just not a residency role

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:24am On Oct 05, 2021
whyteLayorn1:

I’m confused �

It means the only work she cannot do (restricted) , is to be a sportsperson. All other work is allowed but sportsperson restricted

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tesslee: 4:38am On Oct 05, 2021
Please has anyone gotten collection mail from tls vi. Biometric was done on the 22nd Sept ( priority). This whole waiting process is beginning to suck.

The entry date on my CAS for university of derby is October 8 and here we are this is October 4. I need God's grace...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Princetayo5bois(m): 4:39am On Oct 05, 2021
Pls house is there anybody that use Globus bank for POF and has gotten there VISA ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 4:59am On Oct 05, 2021
Princetayo5bois:
Pls house is there anybody that use Globus bank for POF and has gotten there VISA ?
Yes.

Proceed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chysunshine1: 5:00am On Oct 05, 2021
I am totally confused about the 20hrs .Are we free to do online business like online teaching, crytpcurrency ,online legal jobs.

sniperaz:
OK.

So there's been some conversations around affordability of a masters degree in the UK and all the twitter post.

First things, education is not an exclusive right f the super rich. If your family can afford it fine, if they cant, then take a student loan. As long as you're sure that's the best step for you at the time and it can be justified. Student loan is not a new thing! More than half the students in your class (if you have Britons, Americans or Europeans) would be on student loan. So if you're thinking to take a loan from nig to fund your education, please go for it. The people granting your visa are aware!!, That's how most of them went to college. You wont be the first and you wont be the last. Africa and student loan is a different conversation altogether.

Secondly, hustle. There's no problem with hustling as long as it doesn't affect your education!! Again you need to understand how their system works. Its slightly different from ours. For us, we finish secondary school, write JAMB and move straight to Uni. No need to work. Education is already heavily subsidised. So for most of us, its already very affordable especially if you're in federal or state university. For Britons, its not the case (except you're scottish - another conversation as well). Education is expensive. Infact, you really don't have to go beyond college (secondary school) if you cant afford it. Masters is almost exclusive for super brilliant students - and that's why you would hardly have Britons as masters classmate. Mostly your classmate will be Africans, Indians and Asians (a few Euopeans)
Back to my point, after college, most of the ones that want to continue education would take a year out to work (usually what you call menial jobs) to raise money in addition to the student loan they would take for when they start uni. They would usually work as carers, bar attendants, cleaners, shop attendants etc

So if you put these together, what they do is not very different from what you will do when you arrive the UK. And because you haven't taken a student loan, there's alot more pressure on you to achieve much more in such short time frame (thank God for PSW now) - hence what you call 'hustle'. And ofcourse, with our very weak exchange rate, even your Nigerian savings doesn't really cut it.

For those who want to work while they school, be rest assured the system understands. As long as you stick to your 20hrs during term time and your school work is not suffering.

And if you're so rich or supported that you don't need to work, please face your studies and have fun - most of the Chinese students don't work. Either because their govt supports them or the language barrier.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.