Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1257069 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Olofaina: 8:27pm On Nov 01, 2021
A decade Kwa.?? Uncle Just wise that has been on UK matters, helping people on here as far back as 2008, that I saw on previous thread. Baba na ancestor o, any advice wey hin give you, except you double check with UKVI gangan, no dey argue o. Some people here still dey secondary school when Just wise don dey distribute help unto UK matters. Baba me i respect you o. You don suppose be senior VO for UK embassy olohun.

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ndidibabe(f): 8:29pm On Nov 01, 2021
Ibrahim61:
Visa Alert.

Biometrics (Standard) TLS Ikeja : October 22.
Collection email: 1 Nov.
Passport Collected: 1 Nov. 3PM.

Did a long ass call with some friends there and i would advise that people paid at least 70 - 80% of their fees. They said it's not all green there. If you can delay gratification and do well, you'll thank God you made the move. Leaving sums like 8k, 9k etc unpaid is risky. Leave sums that you can gather from family or yourself as unpaid at best. So you can pay easily if push comes to shove. I wish everyone well. God bless.
That was fast...

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Abeeb23: 8:29pm On Nov 01, 2021
Please is there anyone going to university of Dundee here... I received conditional offer from the school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2021
johnsonpal:
Hi guys, Today makes it exactly my 2 months in the UK. Here are MY honest opinions. Please note te I'm not anyway discouraging anyone from coming o, In fact, come and see yourself.

I think the UK is a little overrated, yes, there is stable light and whatnot, yes, this is an advanced country, the system works, but honestly, I don't know how to explain this in detail, Let just say I am not that impressed

Most of us are coming via school so here

School:

School is no joke here, especially if you are coming for masters, The Assignment doesn't stop. It will most likely take soo much work to be able to work part-time and come out with a very good grade.

Finance :
You can not, at least most likely pay your school fee or balance while working part-time. I see a lot of people rushing schools with 2k, 1k deposits, and hoping they will pay the almost 95% or so left while working. It's practically impossible. I'm still a JJC but I have been able to work three types of jobs s, Btw, these are the common part jobs(warehouse, cleaning, social care, "hospitality" ). Amazon is currently paying the highest of 11/hr(if you working the night shift ).

So a quick breakdown.

The cheapest school fee is between 9 - 11k (Hull teeside, the Cheapest school I have seen ).let say you pay a max 4k deposit and your school fee is 9,000. You have a balance of 5k to pay right?

You work Amazon 20hrs weekly earning 10.50/hr that is 207/Weekly and 828/Monthly

Expenses: Rent(Depending on location), Transporation, Feeding

Say you can save half of this after monthly expenses, It would take you at least 11 months to save up your school fee balance of 5000 pounds. Side note, Most schools have a payment schedule, some 50% before enrollment, 25 % after 2 months, and 25% middle of your program. For a one-year course. I haven't seen a school that will spread it over 11 months. (might be wrong though )

This simple calculation is for the cheapest of schools and some form of extreme savings. Even though you can work unmetered during holidays, will your school give you that grace?

Schools will report you to the home office(You don't want to have any issues with the homeoffice) if you can't meet up with the school fee schedule, I have 2 guys in my school currently facing this issue. Some schools are nice though, (maybe I will compile a list of such schools later)

My advice: 1. Before you pay that school deposit, Ask questions about their payment plans and schedule.
2. Pay at least 70% of your school fee before leaving Nigeria, the stress that comes with worrying about money here is crazy
3. Get married - yeah if you can ( Your spouse can work unlimited hours while you school, )

Life: People are generally very nice here, don't mistake their nicest and warmth for another thing o. I have a story to share about this later

Clothing: Please get pairs of very comfortable shoes, like the emphasis on very! you will be walking a lot ( Buses wouldn't take you to your doorsteps and Taxis are expensive), well some people are very loaded. For the average person like me so ditch your brogues and heels for trainers. most people here wear trainers anyways. Get warm clothing. it really gets cold and they say it's not even winter yet.

Work: This place will humble you, coming from a corporate background to washing dishes and standing for 10hrs in an amazon warehouse. This has been a very humbling experience for me. Side note: Most temps jobs require you to stand all for hours, see why you need those comfortable shoes.

It's also tempting to work more than 20hrs weekly, but please DON'T!

Again, Please get your finances right, and have a reasonable plan in place. You are practically on your own here, no one cares.

Final note: I don't understand why Nigerians here are cold and unwelcoming(it's only on nairaland I see people going far and beyond). Make friends with the Indians(they are so helpful to one another it makes me jealous) and local if you can

Again, these are my opinions and personal experience, it necessarily might not be others. Good luck

All these things you are saying about school fees is not new no be today. Justwise has always been advising people about school fees but Nigerians will not hear word. They want to see themselves and come back here to cry. I am in this Nigerian association that helps students, Nigerian families and Nigerian business with food during the covid and promote Nigerian businesses for Nigerians within the city. Only for Nigerian students to want use the platform to start asking for school fees. When the association is giving you free food. Nobody send come UK, the association can't feed you and pay your school fees. Its a non-profit organization why miss used it?

Nobody overated UK except "you" did not listen to advice. When Justwise says come prepared and he starts asking some of you if you have funds. Some of you will start swelling face and thinking it's an insult. No it's not an insult but just to help you avoid trouble your coursemates are facing.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2021
jtech17:

I tells you ni oo... you see this motivation thing ehnn it has been abused in our kuntry aswear... I saw people tackling justwise... our number 1 on Uk travel thread.. someone that has spent if not a decade or more in d UK...on UK matters...

cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 8:43pm On Nov 01, 2021
Glowing1:
URGENT!! URGENT!! URGENT!!

Good morning everyone, I'm a single mom of a 9-month-old child, never been married. Gotten admitted and already paid my deposit. I intend going along with my baby. I have enough for our pof. My question now is, hope UKVI won't reject us, because I'm going for master's yet I have a baby, and it's just the both of us. I need to know if anyone here has gone through this before. Was the visa approved?

I await your response you'll so I can begin with my pof.

Thanks

[quote author=Glowing1 post=106931862]URGENT!! URGENT!! URGENT!!

Good morning everyone, I'm a single mom of a 9-month-old child, never been married. Gotten admitted and already paid my deposit. I intend going along with my baby. I have enough for our pof. My question now is, hope UKVI won't reject us, because I'm going for master's yet I have a baby, and it's just the both of us. I need to know if anyone here has gone through this before. Was the visa approved?

I don't know if someone has already given you an appropriate response to your enquiry since it has been almost 2 weeks since you posted this . I would still share something that would be useful to you and/ or someone else.

I applied with my daughter and it was quite an experience inspite of the fact that her father signed 2 consent letters. One jointly with me and another solely signed by him.

Way forward - Inaddition to the consent letter signed by her father (if he is still in the picture) , obtain a document endorsed by the çourt confirming that you have sole responsibility for your baby's upbringing.

In response to your specific question, my daughter's visa was approved but after several back and forths. I even involved a UK based immigration lawyer. Yes I did not want any stories that touch the heart so as soon as I received a non straightforward mail, I involved a professional.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by stelor: 8:45pm On Nov 01, 2021
Good evening everyone, Please i need the email address and phone number to contact Abuja TB test center for urgent dates appointment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by jtech17: 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2021
Olofaina:
A decade Kwa.?? Uncle Just wise that has been on UK matters, helping people on here as far back as 2008, that I saw on previous thread. Baba na ancestor o, any advice wey hin give you, except you double check with UKVI gangan, no dey argue o. Some people here still dey secondary school when Just wise don dey distribute help unto UK matters. Baba me i respect you o. You don suppose be senior VO for UK embassy olohun.
I no fitint laff oo ... more dan a decade o.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tolvin: 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2021
Hi guys, please assist with answers to the following questions.

1. I intend to combine two bank statements (dollar and naira) for my visa application, can I attach and upload as a single document or as two separate documents?

2. My bank statements have two different name arrangements i.e. Adekunle, Oludare King (last name, first name and middle name) and the other has Oludare King Adekunle (first name, middle name and last name), can I do an affidavit to state that they are my names and upload during my visa application?

3. Has anyone gone for biometrics at Ikeja TLS in the last few days or weeks, what's the situation like there? Can I still go for walk-in appointment?

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Otunbalai(m): 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2021
Egbas09V:
Yes
Do you have a National ID for the new age?

Yes, I do...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Exoticmm(f): 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2021
Ibrahim61:
Visa Alert.

Biometrics (Standard) TLS Ikeja : October 22.
Collection email: 1 Nov.
Passport Collected: 1 Nov. 3PM.

Did a long ass call with some friends there and i would advise that people paid at least 70 - 80% of their fees. They said it's not all green there. If you can delay gratification and do well, you'll thank God you made the move. Leaving sums like 8k, 9k etc unpaid is risky. Leave sums that you can gather from family or yourself as unpaid at best. So you can pay easily if push comes to shove. I wish everyone well. God bless.

So fast! Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Phatkings: 9:23pm On Nov 01, 2021
Hello pls what should I put as uk address my school address or?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ugool: 9:46pm On Nov 01, 2021
He can't? Please can others in the house help clarify?

@justwise
@everyone

ndidibabe:
Yes he can't work.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 01, 2021
Phatkings:
Hello pls what should I put as uk address my school address or?
your school’s address
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ibrahim61: 9:47pm On Nov 01, 2021
morenikeome:
Congratulations! Priority or standard?
standard. Lol in less than 8 days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Teeclassicroyal: 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2021
johnsonpal:
Hi guys, Today makes it exactly my 2 months in the UK. Here are MY honest opinions. Please note te I'm not anyway discouraging anyone from coming o, In fact, come and see yourself.

I think the UK is a little overrated, yes, there is stable light and whatnot, yes, this is an advanced country, the system works, but honestly, I don't know how to explain this in detail, Let just say I am not that impressed

Most of us are coming via school so here

School:

School is no joke here, especially if you are coming for masters, The Assignment doesn't stop. It will most likely take soo much work to be able to work part-time and come out with a very good grade.

Finance :
You can not, at least most likely pay your school fee or balance while working part-time. I see a lot of people rushing schools with 2k, 1k deposits, and hoping they will pay the almost 95% or so left while working. It's practically impossible. I'm still a JJC but I have been able to work three types of jobs s, Btw, these are the common part jobs(warehouse, cleaning, social care, "hospitality" ). Amazon is currently paying the highest of 11/hr(if you working the night shift ).

So a quick breakdown.

The cheapest school fee is between 9 - 11k (Hull teeside, the Cheapest school I have seen ).let say you pay a max 4k deposit and your school fee is 9,000. You have a balance of 5k to pay right?

You work Amazon 20hrs weekly earning 10.50/hr that is 207/Weekly and 828/Monthly

Expenses: Rent(Depending on location), Transporation, Feeding

Say you can save half of this after monthly expenses, It would take you at least 11 months to save up your school fee balance of 5000 pounds. Side note, Most schools have a payment schedule, some 50% before enrollment, 25 % after 2 months, and 25% middle of your program. For a one-year course. I haven't seen a school that will spread it over 11 months. (might be wrong though )

This simple calculation is for the cheapest of schools and some form of extreme savings. Even though you can work unmetered during holidays, will your school give you that grace?

Schools will report you to the home office(You don't want to have any issues with the homeoffice) if you can't meet up with the school fee schedule, I have 2 guys in my school currently facing this issue. Some schools are nice though, (maybe I will compile a list of such schools later)

My advice: 1. Before you pay that school deposit, Ask questions about their payment plans and schedule.
2. Pay at least 70% of your school fee before leaving Nigeria, the stress that comes with worrying about money here is crazy
3. Get married - yeah if you can ( Your spouse can work unlimited hours while you school, )

Life: People are generally very nice here, don't mistake their nicest and warmth for another thing o. I have a story to share about this later

Clothing: Please get pairs of very comfortable shoes, like the emphasis on very! you will be walking a lot ( Buses wouldn't take you to your doorsteps and Taxis are expensive), well some people are very loaded. For the average person like me so ditch your brogues and heels for trainers. most people here wear trainers anyways. Get warm clothing. it really gets cold and they say it's not even winter yet.

Work: This place will humble you, coming from a corporate background to washing dishes and standing for 10hrs in an amazon warehouse. This has been a very humbling experience for me. Side note: Most temps jobs require you to stand all for hours, see why you need those comfortable shoes.

It's also tempting to work more than 20hrs weekly, but please DON'T!

Again, Please get your finances right, and have a reasonable plan in place. You are practically on your own here, no one cares.

Final note: I don't understand why Nigerians here are cold and unwelcoming(it's only on nairaland I see people going far and beyond). Make friends with the Indians(they are so helpful to one another it makes me jealous) and local if you can

Again, these are my opinions and personal experience, it necessarily might not be others. Good luck

Thanks a lot sir for sharing your experiences. What if one does not have to pay for accomodation( probably he or she will be staying with a relative) and food as well?
Can you report if the situation could be a little bit more manageable?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ugool: 9:53pm On Nov 01, 2021
Thank you. He submitted SOA, My CAS, marriage Certificate, TB, wedding pictures and chats when we started dating and courting, his passport page.

Chrisbam:

Congratulations!!

He can work, but not as a sportsperson, that’s how it’s always stated.

Pls what docs did your dependant provide? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ugool: 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2021
Visa Alert

Submitted Visa application for I and my dependant- 27th of September
Biometrics - 5th October (Tls Abuja Standard)
NSF Mail - Oct 22nd. I couldn't think of anything wrong with my application. I Decided to send a mail to my bank (Zenith) to confirm any inquiries from UKVI Pretoria
Decision made - 25th October
Collection mail - 27th October
Dependant's collection mail - 26th October
Passport was sent today via Courier

I can only thank God. Please if you are on the route be as truthful as possible. I have a sister in the UK too and I declared her. Entered her passport number that was all. Make your application as simple as possible. Liverpool see you in January 2022.

Thank you to all the gurus in the house. Special thanks to @Josh121.

I appreciate everyone.

15 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gann: 10:05pm On Nov 01, 2021
Teeclassicroyal:

Thanks a lot sir for sharing your experiences. What if one does not have to pay for accomodation( probably he or she will be staying with a relative) and food as well?
Can you report if the situation could be a little bit more manageable?
nothing is easy bros, focus on your own plans.
everybody will have different achievement with same resources. some overachieve, some underachieve.
this is no encouragement or otherwise, na only you sabi wetin you dey find.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MzPeachy(f): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2021
Good evening ooo, please who is going to University of Westminster, kindly send a mail I need help with the processes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ktei: 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2021
I applied 2 weeks ago to Manchester Metropolitan University and Coventry University for January intake, Both 1 year Program, Please who know how long it takes for this 2 school to reply with an offer?

what is the tuition fee deposit for Manchester Metropolitan University ?

also, do Manchester Metropolitan University need POF for CAS?

Lastly, is there any form of scholarship or Tuition discounts available for international students in this 2 schools?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Josh121(m): 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2021
Ugool:
Visa Alert

Submitted Visa application for I and my dependant- 27th of September
Biometrics - 5th October (Tls Abuja Standard)
NSF Mail - Oct 22nd. I couldn't think of anything wrong with my application. I Decided to send a mail to my bank (Zenith) to confirm any inquiries from UKVI Pretoria
Decision made - 25th October
Collection mail - 27th October
Dependant's collection mail - 26th October
Passport was sent today via Courier

I can only thank God. Please if you are on the route be as truthful as possible. I have a sister in the UK too and I declared her. Entered her passport number that was all. Make your application as simple as possible. Liverpool see you in January 2022.

Thank you to all the gurus in the house. Special thanks to @Josh121.

I appreciate everyone.

Congratulations, go and excel

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2021
Adeabike:
Good afternoon everyone,
I'm applying to University of Hull. I'm married but I'm yet to change me name and my passport still carries my maiden name. Am I to fill my name as seen on my int'l passport? Also, there are options for Ms, Miss and Mrs, why should I use? Thanks

There is no legal requirement to change your name when you get married. Fill your name as in your passport.

I have been married for 8 years and never changed my name. I have used several passports in my maiden name since I got married and have never been denied a visa.

Use 'Ms' for your prefix. It is used for people who do not want to be identified as married or single and also people who are married but did not change their names.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by alwayspositive8: 10:48pm On Nov 01, 2021
Try synlab. I used when travelling to the UK too and i used qatar too...Also, go to the test center before 10am so that you can get ypur result same day. The rule is to do the test 72 hrs before you arrive in the UK..
Funmiladey:
Hello house, please can someone recommend a lab where I can do my covid test in lagos.... flying Qatar airways, is it advisable to do the test a day before flight or two days before flight... flight is 7PM.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 10:55pm On Nov 01, 2021
Menab:
nairalanders, I have been down and crying since morning as my little sister whom I am a legal guardian to got her visa refused. The little girl is down. When I got a no straight forward email for her, I thought she will later get the visa and hence travel with my son so as to meet up with school deadline.. this morning I got a refusal letter for her. please help advise if you can, should I do administrative review? if yes, what are the steps. Already called my lawyer as asked why the legal papers couldn't be verified? as far as I know, everything is genuine, had several court sittings before guardianship was given. please advise as I am loosing it.. Also since I have traveled, how do I proceed with the AR in respect of taking her passport back if they eventually grant the visa? my whole world is crashing. please find attached reasons for refusal.
reason I didn't mention her in my previous applications were because I hadn't applied for legal guardianship for her. a big mistake I made���

So sorry to hear about your predicament. My two cents...don't do anything on your own going forward. Consult a UK based immigration lawyer that is familiar with cases such as yours and would give you accurate advice. NOT A NIGERIAN LAWYER practicing in Nigeria.

Keep us updated on developments. God will make a way.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by nasohian: 11:09pm On Nov 01, 2021
Good afternoon all,
I have been granted conditional offer to university of Bedfordshire.
I need some assistance
1-pof, the pof statement asked by the school will it be pof just for me the applicant?or must it be pof for applicant and dependants(3)
2-What rate do bank use for form A.Example a deposit of £8300 pounds at what rate will it be done?Also is there any bank charges beside the actual school fees? if yes how much please
3-Child has a Nigerian and US passport. which should I use for application?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 11:31pm On Nov 01, 2021
aopecy:
Please house, how will someone know if he was banned or not for his previous application and will it be on the refuser letter too.

You can make a request for your personal information the UKVI has in its possession via this link.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/requests-for-personal-data-uk-visas-and-immigration/request-personal-information-held-by-uk-visas-and-immigration
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 11:34pm On Nov 01, 2021
mercyp001:
Good morning everyone. Pls, In order to apply for UK student visa, someone's international passport must still have validity period of how many months or how many years.
Thanks as I await your response.

Minimum of 6 months validity as at the date of application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bokoh: 11:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
Thank you all for helping one another. Pls what is CRA in requesting for CAS. I requested for CAS and the school sent a mail that i should confirm if i have completed CRA from their international colleague. I replied them that i don’t understand what they mean by CRA. Am still waiting for them for explanation. In requesting for CAS, i only sent the pof and tb test. The school is Salford University Manchester. Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.