Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1256512 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 7:49pm On Aug 30, 2021
It's 705 pounds

Happinex44:
Please I need help concerning ihs fee, my agent said 1000 dollars, while the UK websites says 470+235 pounce for one year. Please any one that has paid please let me know how much you paid and what means did you make the payment. Please help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by leggyb(m): 7:50pm On Aug 30, 2021
Fk1987:

Four days or four hours? that's a long period of time..

Lols. Lagos to Edo dispatch via DHL. Four freaking days man. Day 1 was dispatched day. Day five was collection day. I collected as soon as i was called upon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Omalichaah: 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
leggyb:

That's what i used. If you can input the value in dollars and you can select naira on the next tab, it should work. If it doesn't, try a new browser and use a laptop. Everyday before booking, the converter worked for me.
it just did. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by leggyb(m): 7:52pm On Aug 30, 2021
Omalichaah:

I am in Enugu and I did at TLScontact Abuja

Haha. Enough waiting time. Use the tracking number to track on DHL website. You would see the estimated day of delivery. You would unfailingly get it on that day....or maybe before.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2021
leggyb:

Lols. Lagos to Edo dispatch via DHL. Four freaking days man. Day 1 was dispatched day. Day five was collection day. I collected as soon as i was called upon.

No be small thing oh..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dammyope126: 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2021
[1) Yes, I submitted bank statement of £17,635
2) I didn't explain in the form though I ticked 'Yes' that my dependents will be traveling with me.

What do you think is the way forward?

justwise:

1.Did you submit bank statement of £17,635?

2. Did you explain in the form that your family will be applying at a later date?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Punkydude: 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
Good day House,

3 days after my Biometric, i got this non-straight forward mail. I got it again on day 5th, though it w as a weekend. Today is the 5th working day(paid for priority) and i did not hear from them. Is there any one in this position, what did you do and how long do i have to wait.....Lemme also add that i didn't pay for my IHS while paying for the VISA, a mistake that i didnt know how it happened. However i was sent a link to pay for it a day after biometric, which i did immediately and they confirmed it. Could it be the reason for the delay.

Dear Bleep ,

Thank you for your UK Visa application Bleep which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days , and Settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service).

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we are unlikely to resolve your application within these customer service targets. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

We will keep you updated as to the progress of your application but in the meantime please do not attend the application centre until you have received a further update. We will notify you by e-mail once your application has been decided.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Proppie: 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2021
It's a big challenge, as black market rates are forever increasing cry

leggyb:

I am having similar problems. I paid for my tuition balance at Gtbank kaduna. The bank rejected payment for accommodation. I wrote headquarters, they said it would work provided i am paying both alongside or have evidence of tuition payment previously. Lagos branch Ikeja rejected, Abuja branch rejected, Edo branch (one of them) rejected.

This may mean that a limitation has been placed. Black market my last option.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by thaprofit88: 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2021
Pauloot:
I tire oh��‍♂️ Oversabi no good nau

This response isn’t necessary. Careless words. You should have adviced like others did not taunt.

15 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Omalichaah: 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2021
leggyb:

Haha. Enough waiting time. Use the tracking number to track on DHL website. You would see the estimated day of delivery. You would unfailingly get it on that day....or maybe before.
They didn’t even dispatch it yet, they said this;
Also, I am at Enugu and I have no idea why it’s saying PH area there.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Richhard(m): 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
Hellodayo:
Terrible is an understatement. The list we wrote this morning got torn by the tls official. Most of us that got there very early were not able to do walk in cus the crowd was crazy and people refused to form a single queue. The TLS official was hinting something about walk in will be reduced because some allegations were made against them to the embassy blah blah sha
In a simpler term: walk in is now survival of the strongest.

Ah when do you get there, and were you able to do at last, I'm preparing to go now and get there around 12:30 am to put down name, any hope for me? smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by HorlarJP: 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
Patnuel2015:
You can go for undergraduate studies, no problem. Apply and get admission. Every other process for visa application remains same as postgraduate visa application

Okay thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by joyee: 8:17pm On Aug 30, 2021
wunmi38:

They will not allow you to board just get your day 2 and 8 test kit paid for from here and if you have kids below 11 years you will day 2 test booking for them

For Children under 11 years, only * day 2* needed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Eldersege(m): 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2021
Hellodayo:
Terrible is an understatement. The list we wrote this morning got torn by the tls official. Most of us that got there very early were not able to do walk in cus the crowd was crazy and people refused to form a single queue. The TLS official was hinting something about walk in will be reduced because some allegations were made against them to the embassy blah blah sha

@hellodayo pls, what time would you advice I get to TLS to register for walk-in. I just concluded all my document now.

Is there any hotel within the neighborhood I can stay overnight?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DamIrene: 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2021
harrrry:
Please throw more light on the consent letter, is it needed?

Yes you have to. It is mandatory if you have kids
Its basically a letter giving permission for your kids to travel
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 8:29pm On Aug 30, 2021
leggyb:

A. Open a dorm acct with any bank of your choice. Get a dollar card, fund your account with dollar or pounds. You can use your mastercard abroad to withdraw funds. Take note of withdrawal limit and charges on ATMs abroad.

B. You can reserve some money in your bank account, you can also convert your naira to pounds before travelling. Remember to declare the cash you have at hand. I think there is an amount you must declare. Read about money to declare on UKVI website.

if i have a dollar dom account and card, can I withdraw in pounds overseas
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Eldersege(m): 8:31pm On Aug 30, 2021
Hellodayo:

@hellodayo. Thanks for the info. We you advice we still go very early tomorrow like 1am for walk-in?

Can anyone help with the closest hotel within the neighborhood?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Yemzzyy: 8:32pm On Aug 30, 2021
Bourne007:
Some CWs seem to follow the books while some tend to ignore and see as a genuine mistake or misunderstanding of the question.

You were meant to fill all your dependants on the form as normal but NO to 'Is this person travelling with you to the UK' on each dependant.

Unfortunately Admin review wouldn't work but
to re-apply.

Why wouldn’t administrative review work for it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kaysuzzy: 8:33pm On Aug 30, 2021
gallantjo:
Good morning people, any one going to university of hull here? Have you got your CAS?

Hello, I am going to Hull but I haven’t gotten CAS yet. When did they send you an offer?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 8:33pm On Aug 30, 2021
leggyb:

I am having similar problems. I paid for my tuition balance at Gtbank kaduna. The bank rejected payment for accommodation. I wrote headquarters, they said it would work provided i am paying both alongside or have evidence of tuition payment previously. Lagos branch Ikeja rejected, Abuja branch rejected, Edo branch (one of them) rejected.

This may mean that a limitation has been placed. Black market my last option.

If i haven't paid tuition previously and I want to pay for just accomodation, they would not accept it? even if it is a school hostel
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by iphi(m): 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2021
Patnuel2015:
Are you applying for undergraduate program. Mostly undergraduate program application goes through UCAS. If you are applying for postgraduate program, apply to the sch direct.

yes its an undergraduate program
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by iphi(m): 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2021
justwise:

Which school is that?
Leeds becket and

Anglia Ruskin Peterborough
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gtessy: 8:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
For my children I submitted their TB certificate, birth certificate, Parents letter of consent, Letter of reference from their school and copy of their international passport.

Zimzee:
Congratulations.
Please what documents did you use to support your children application?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Oggg: 8:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
joyee:

For Children under 11 years, only * day 2* needed?
no. The rules have changed. Only children aged 4 years and below are exempted.
Age 5 to 17 must do day 2 + day 8 and quarantine for 10 days
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by inzenita: 8:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
Please I really want to study nursing (masters in adult nursing) but I have not been able to see a school that offers such to 2nd class lower graduates from non-health courses..now my question is this, can I get the nursing after enrolling for a masters degree in public health? How possible is this?
Please don't ignore my question oo

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Goddys(m): 8:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
Hellodayo:

What happened later? Was another list made before the close of work?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Goddys(m): 8:41pm On Aug 30, 2021
Richhard:

Ah when do you get there, and were you able to do at last, I'm preparing to go now and get there around 12:30 am to put down name, any hope for me? smiley

Im also heading here. Will pass the night
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by samint1: 8:41pm On Aug 30, 2021
Hello house.
Does Aston University require Proof of funds before issuing CAS?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ifeoluuwa: 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2021
Article8:
Abi is my 6th of August another calendar? I've over checked today and no movement yet.

Are ALL 6th of August accounted for?

Collection letter has dropped self at 4.16pm.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tket: 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2021
samint1:
Hello house.
Does Aston University require Proof of funds before issuing CAS?

Yes, on the CAS shield. POF and TB.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by leggyb(m): 9:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
Proppie:
It's a big challenge, as black market rates are forever increasing cry

It's so annoying...and heartbreaking. We lose more as we exchange more.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bourne007(m): 9:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
Admin review is like a court where you have to prove your case bá. Not sure how one can prove he meant to say NO when submitted form says YES.

It's worth a try but chances kinda slim.

Yemzzyy:

Why wouldn’t administrative review work for it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.