Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1278207 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by leggyb(m): 9:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
Omalichaah:

They didn’t even dispatch it yet, they said this;
Also, I am at Enugu and I have no idea why it’s saying PH area there.

They would dispatch to centres close to you before finally bringing down to your main area.

My route was lagos, lagos collection, abuja, delta, abuja again then benin. They alone know the dispatch modalities. Maybe flight and road combined. Remember your parcel cannot be dispatched alone, they would join with others in your route.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by leggyb(m): 9:09pm On Aug 30, 2021
Vecharry:

if i have a dollar dom account and card, can I withdraw in pounds overseas

Yes. According to Gtbank. Using your mastercard. Pay attention to the card type.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Richhard(m): 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2021
Goddys:

Im also heading here. Will pass the night

May the force be with us
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Hellodayo: 9:32pm On Aug 30, 2021
Got there 5am. I was number 65 on the list. They didn't end up using the list today. So I wasn't able to do it.

Richhard:

Ah when do you get there, and were you able to do at last, I'm preparing to go now and get there around 12:30 am to put down name, any hope for me? smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Hellodayo: 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2021
There are hotels, as I've seen today. I really can't advice on the time you should get there. They keep switching things up, so you might even end up not doing even if you get there very early.

[quote author=Eldersege post=105333572][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Hellodayo: 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2021
No list was made at the end of the day, at least none that I know of cus I left there around 4:10pm

Goddys:

What happened later? Was another list made before the close of work?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OpemipoEsther(f): 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2021
TobyTreasure:

They will take you to a hotel and pick you up few hours before your flight.
The hotel might be in the city or at the airport.
No extra charge for that. 20 hours is too much to wait at transit.

I once had a 20-hr stopover with Qatar, we were not taken to any hotel. I think you have to make plans yourself

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Blvck00: 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2021
samint1:
Hello house.
Does Aston University require Proof of funds before issuing CAS?

No, they don’t.
Once you pay your deposit and they confirm, you should get your CAS within a week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by domin8(f): 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2021
OpemipoEsther:

I once had a 20-hr stopover with Qatar, we were not taken to any hotel. I think you have to make plans yourself

I just took the liberty of calling the Qatar Airways US line. They confirmed that there is no more transit accommodation since the Pandemic.

Anyone who wants extra comfort is advised to pay for a Lounge while booking.

Cheers.

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tket: 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2021
When was that? I am currently processing mine, and it is part of required documents to upload on the CAS shield.

Blvck00:

No, they don’t.
Once you pay your deposit and they confirm, you should get your CAS within a week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 3greatnations: 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2021
Dammyope126:
[1) Yes, I submitted bank statement of £17,635
2) I didn't explain in the form though I ticked 'Yes' that my dependents will be traveling with me.

What do you think is the way forward?

Have your dependants bank statement completed 28days

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 9:59pm On Aug 30, 2021
Dammyope126:
[1) Yes, I submitted bank statement of £17,635
2) I didn't explain in the form though I ticked 'Yes' that my dependents will be traveling with me.

What do you think is the way forward?

That was a mistake, ticking yes is not a prob but you should have explained in your form that your family will be applying at a later date, they will then treat your application separately.

Do you have the whole money now?

If time is on your side you can go for AR and attach the evidence that you have the whole money and explain why you did not apply together else go for reapplication with your family this time around

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OpemipoEsther(f): 10:03pm On Aug 30, 2021
leggyb:

I think you can only have access to dollar card. I haven't heard of pounds card. When you get the dollar card, you can fund it with dollars and make transactions with it. This means you can use it to pay for services in pounds, euro and most foreign currencies.

This is as far as i know.

Sterling bank issues pounds debit cards

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Yemzzyy: 10:19pm On Aug 30, 2021
justwise:

That was a mistake, ticking yes is not a prob but you should have explained in your form that your family will be applying at a later date, they will then treat your application separately.

Do you have the whole money now?

If time is on your side you can go for AR and attach the evidence that you have the whole money and explain why you did not apply together else go for reapplication with your family this time around

If one needs to reapply will he have to pay the ihs fee all over again

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 10:25pm On Aug 30, 2021
Yemzzyy:

If one needs to reapply will he have to pay the ihs fee all over again

Yes but they will refund you the previous one at a later date

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Omalichaah: 10:27pm On Aug 30, 2021
leggyb:

They would dispatch to centres close to you before finally bringing down to your main area.

My route was lagos, lagos collection, abuja, delta, abuja again then benin. They alone know the dispatch modalities. Maybe flight and road combined. Remember your parcel cannot be dispatched alone, they would join with others in your route.
Chisos! Abuja to delta and back to Abuja again? Isn’t delta close to Benin? ��
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Preeskaar: 10:34pm On Aug 30, 2021
I want to share an hack for tls appointment that worked for me.
It was my dependent application, we applied on 24th Aug which was a Tuesday and got biometric appointment for Wednesday 9am. All we did was to choose the premium lounge service which is #42,000 same as walk-in, at first we got a far date, after receiving the confirmation email, we logged out, then we went back to ukvi site, got redirected to tls and clicked on amend appointment, stayed on the site for some minutes and a new early date popped up, we clicked it and checked out, again received another confirmation mail. We did this a third time and we where able to get a next day appointment.
Note that this means you will receive multiple confirmation mails from tls, all you have to do is print the ist page and attach the other pages from your first confirmation mail in other to show the services you paid for because the new dates will have zero naira for added services on it.
You can do this as many times as you want, I guarantee early new dates will come at intervals and you should be quick to click because its fastest finger first o.
It heartbreaking for me when I read how frustrating walkin is becoming, just pay for premium lounge and you don't have to suffer for biometric. Did you know that with premium Lodge you wouldn't have to go through the down and upstairs queues, you are treated special especially when you quickly announce that you are for premium lounge.My husband walk in and out of tls ikeja last Wednesday majestically that I was jealous, he spent less than 40mins
Enjoy your 42k I beg, you earned it

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mmachisco: 10:35pm On Aug 30, 2021
For DHL, Enugu is regarded under the service area of PH.

Omalichaah:

They didn’t even dispatch it yet, they said this;
Also, I am at Enugu and I have no idea why it’s saying PH area there.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Marquee8: 10:36pm On Aug 30, 2021
Attention all!

A quick one. Spouse has been in the UK for 8 months now, almost done with studies. Visa expires in November.

Is it advisable for me to apply now as a dependent to go visit?

Justwise, lagosismyhome,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 10:49pm On Aug 30, 2021
where do you see the option to pay in naira on qatar web site
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sisipainter: 11:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
@Eldersege
Please which school is this? How many days did it take to get your CAS. Did it jump from 69% to CAS issued? I’m in 52% and it’s taking forever. I just sent them a message like you suggested.

Eldersege:

I sent them email twice. Especially the Nigerian representative.

I also sent a message through the CAS sheild. (I will be grateful if my CAS is sent so that I can start the processing of my visa. Thanks). I received (ok) as replay on my CAS shield.

I suggest you try it too.

My CAS shield jumped from 61% to 69% then CAS came.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Eldersege(m): 11:28pm On Aug 30, 2021
Sisipainter:
@Eldersege
Please which school is this? How many days did it take to get your CAS. Did it jump from 69% to CAS issued? I’m in 52% and it’s taking forever. I just sent them a message like you suggested.

University of Greenwich. Keep sending a reminder. But if you have an agent. Inform him/her.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1Hover1(m): 11:33pm On Aug 30, 2021
It seems you filed that your dependants are coming along with you while filling your visa form. But in the POF you only provided one that (I presume) covers just you (as you stated that your dependants' POF isn't ready).

You could have just waited for their POF to be ready and make an application for everyone at once, since they're not planning to join you in the UK much later.

Dammyope126:
@Justwise and all, I got this email from Pretoria this morning kindly educate me on what could have gone wrong in my Application.

I applied alone on 24th August while my dependent were to do their Application much later. The reason was because my POF had matured but theirs was deposited later. My initial deposit was #12,000,008, then #8,987,000.

I would be grateful to hear others contribution.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Blvck00: 11:54pm On Aug 30, 2021
Tket:
When was that? I am currently processing mine, and it is part of required documents to upload on the CAS shield.

I got my CAS July 21st after the school confirmed my deposit. I only started my POF on the 31st of July.

Yes it is a part of documents required to upload on CAS Shield but the issuing of your CAS is not dependent on it. They only advise that you submit the statement prior to applying for visa to ensure it meets the requirements.

I am talking based on my experience.

Feel free to contact Mr Babs (the representative for Aston) on 08136091160 to further clarify. ✌�

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Egocen: 11:55pm On Aug 30, 2021
I thought there's a 100 dollar monthly limit?

leggyb:

Yes. According to Gtbank. Using your mastercard. Pay attention to the card type.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Richhard(m): 12:15am On Aug 31, 2021
Goddys:

Im also heading here. Will pass the night

Are you there already?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Richhard(m): 12:18am On Aug 31, 2021
Who's at TLS ikeja presently?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by aragbaboy: 12:32am On Aug 31, 2021
Gtessy:
Visa alert!!!

My congratulations is here. Only God has the final say. What God cannot do, does not exist.

This journey to japa started since 2017. We started with Canada express entry. We did everything required and entered the pool not knowing that being in the pool is not a guarantee of being picked. When we realised it could take eternity to be picked from the pool we decided to try the student route yet I got refused 3 times . That was how I gave up and decided to begin further studies here in 9ja first. However, I realized I was guiding and helping my friends and colleagues to move out of the country while I still remained in 9ja. I wasn’t bothered initially, but the situation of the country coupled with the spate of insecurity made us to rethink our future, especially because of our children.
Finally we decided to go through the UK student route...to cut long story short God came through for us, the whole process was seamless , where it seems it was going to be difficult, God showed forth and made it easy.

Family of 5 all submitted at the same time

Date of Biometrics : August 17th. We had appointment for one and paid for walk in for the remaining 4
Visa type: Paid for priority for main applicant and standard for others

Centre: Ikeja TLS

Collection Email: 26th August

School: Sheffield Hallam University

Passport picked up 27th Aug.for main applicant, my husband and one of my children. Got a non straight forward mail for one of the kids and to also resend her TB certificate few days after biometrics. Awaiting collection mail for the remaining two.

My appreciation especially to all who take their time to respond to questions in the group. I have been a silent reader but gathered enough information that helped me through this process. No agent was used .

We move to the next level and pray we all get our congratulations soon too�����������
Peace

Congrats! Can I pls get a sample of the consent letter for children? I am about applying with my children.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 1:36am On Aug 31, 2021
How do we convert to naira on the qatar website?

For long layover at doha, how much is hotel and is one allowed to leave the airport

Have anyone booked with travelstart before?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Teniremi: 1:47am On Aug 31, 2021
Pls has anyone been able to make a paid call successfully. I tired severally they didnt pick
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by raibrahim: 1:50am On Aug 31, 2021
Please which is the best option to write for UK Master admission between IELTS for UKVI and IELTS academic. Though I have my WAEC certificate but has a different date of birth from my international passport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.