Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1263730 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TheGuyFromHR: 3:23am On Dec 01, 2021
elenengine:
Your take.
My school contacted my agent today and request for uncompleted POF to confirm we actually have the funds in our account before issuing of CAS because they have many applications at hand so it won't delay process of Visa.
What is your thoughts about this

Give them what they asked for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by wintabotom: 5:11am On Dec 01, 2021
Hi everyone, please can anyone advise on doing a second masters in the uk. Basically I intend to study nursing following my recently concluded masters (management and international business) I just got an msc nursing admission and would like to know if I can apply from the uk bearing in mind the academic progression rule. The school needs me to prove academic progression before issuing cas or return to Nigeria and apply.

Has anyone ever been in this situation and got visa approved for another masters in a different field from the previous.

Please any tips ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dramadiddy(m): 5:17am On Dec 01, 2021
Yutepapi:

I guess this is a good sign cc dramadiddy tundechris
yep!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Didor2021: 5:31am On Dec 01, 2021
Exoticmm:

You have interview as an offer condition? Also what course did you apply for, And have you picked your interview slot?

Yes ooh. I have credibility Interview as part of my conditions, my course is International Business Management (IBM), but there is no slot for me to pick a date for my interview. My proof of fund will mature on the 7th of this month.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chocychoco: 5:54am On Dec 01, 2021
MissLarry:

Thank you so much for your time. I have emailed the school already and I have the letter of proficiency.
I am waiting for their response.
Also, I have someone in the UK who can pay my fees.
Thanks so much

You still have time to pay here bro... That will save you a lot of cash.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by dollyparton(m): 6:00am On Dec 01, 2021
Dear all,
Good morning house and happy new month to us all. I asked a question a couple of pages back but I didn't get a clear answer probably due the way the question was framed. So I'll restructure it to make it clearer. I hold an unconditional offer from a university in the UK and I already paid deposit it I'm awaiting CAS subject to passing a PRE-CAS interview they called visa credibility interview. I had a practice session yesterday and one particular issue raised by the interviewer was that although I might have the required POF (which has already matured), i might still be asked to give evidence of how i came about such money. The interviewer told me my job and my salary earnings do not correspond with the POF thus I might have issues with financial credibility.

Now my question is can I mention a relative who is a UK citizen resident in the UK as my sponsor given that I can obtain a letter from her stating she's my sponsor with proof of her financial credibility. Also she was the one that paid my deposit. Please I'll appreciate fast answers as I'll be taking the pre-CAS interview today.

Thanks and God bless.

Cc Justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by User10011: 6:01am On Dec 01, 2021
Hi, just wondering have you got your CAS now? How many weeks after sending the telex?

Mikool101:

Goodmorning. Which bank did you use.
I used uba and got the telex 2days after being debited.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ndessien: 6:29am On Dec 01, 2021
Jesus Christ!!! I noticed a letter missing on one of my kids surname. Surname is Obayuwana and the Wakanow guys typed Obayuana on his ticket. We are boarding Thursday morning. When I called them , they said the ticket is confirmed by Qatar airways. They can't edit it. Any advice for your sister
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Emperortom: 6:41am On Dec 01, 2021
The only option you will have now is to take Pearson English test PTE Academic because the results comes out between 24hrs to 48hrs. You cannot meet up with IELTS but check the school website before registering for the exams if they would accept it.

MissLarry:
PLEASE HELP!!!

I just got a conditional offer from the university of Strathclyde for January 2022 intake and I have to meet two conditions before 10th of December.

1. I need to submit ielts score of 6.5. I thought my WAEC could cover up for that.

2. I need to pay a deposit of 2k pounds

Also, it was stated on the offer that I am eligible for the deans international merit award of 4K pounds.
Do I need to apply for the scholarship or it will be on the unconditional offer?

Can I meet up for January intake cos I’m so confused right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Raalsalghul: 6:42am On Dec 01, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:
For those currently contemplating the use of Form A:
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/12/01/cbn-stops-banks-from-processing-form-a-hard-copies-ncx-on-tms/

Thanks, though I feel some people might misconstrue the content.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Teeclassicroyal: 6:47am On Dec 01, 2021
Recommendation of schools within London or close to London that accept February-May intake for computer science masters degree are highly needed please shocked shocked cool
Please help!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OluAjo: 7:17am On Dec 01, 2021
This is a total career change.
You need to give convincing reasons why you want to embark on an MSC in nursing.
I have an MBA but I'm going for a second masters in HRM.
It is possible to change careers but you need to be convincing.

wintabotom:
Hi everyone, please can anyone advise on doing a second masters in the uk. Basically I intend to study nursing following my recently concluded masters (management and international business) I just got an msc nursing admission and would like to know if I can apply from the uk bearing in mind the academic progression rule. The school needs me to prove academic progression before issuing cas or return to Nigeria and apply.

Has anyone ever been in this situation and got visa approved for another masters in a different field from the previous.

Please any tips ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bukunmi93: 7:44am On Dec 01, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend, he tracked his application and saw it has been transferred to VAC but his biometrics is now signaling red instead of green, what could that mean? Please note it was green before he tracked this morning.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by anayolity: 7:47am On Dec 01, 2021
Paschal242:
Please anyone with the knowledge of schools in UK that 3rd class BSC sociologist, can start his/her master's program, school with initial deposit of £1k - £2k

Bro if you get a response for this please quote me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by opeoyek: 7:48am On Dec 01, 2021
I have an MSc in Economics and I am going for another MSc in international development
josieboy:

i had the same fears but got my visa, what area is your previous masters and what area is the current one?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by opeoyek: 7:49am On Dec 01, 2021
That's cool
okehsmiley:
It wont affect anything. I had a previous MBA from the UK, it was also stated in my CAS for my current MSC. I am in the UK now.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by opeoyek: 7:50am On Dec 01, 2021
Okay, thanks for your response
OluAjo:
You will get your visa.
I know friends who went for their second masters and got their visa.
Don't worry.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Exoticmm(f): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2021
Didor2021:

Yes ooh. I have credibility Interview as part of my conditions, my course is International Business Management (IBM), but there is no slot for me to pick a date for my interview. My proof of fund will mature on the 7th of this month.

Okay, I think you have to somehow get a slot. Or you can call the admission team and see if they can fix one up for you. Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Aikayval: 8:18am On Dec 01, 2021
Bukunmi93:
Hi everyone,

I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend, he tracked his application and saw it has been transferred to VAC but his biometrics is now signaling red instead of green, what could that mean? Please note it was green before he tracked this morning.
Probably he didn’t track yesterday. It started yesterday and many of us are affected. We are confused as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TheGuyFromHR: 8:30am On Dec 01, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Thanks, though I feel some people might misconstrue the content.

A lot definitely will, that's for sure.
The reporter could have phrased the article way more simpler than they did, but ultimately, it's for anyone affected thereby to do some quick research to clarify exactly what the new CBN initiative is regarding Form A.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TheGuyFromHR: 8:33am On Dec 01, 2021
wintabotom:

Please any tips ?

Well, there is clearly no academic progression from management and international business to an MSc in Nursing that you can demonstrate, so in your shoes I would keep searching for another university.

What you have to do next is draft a convincing statement of purpose. Something along the lines of how the recent massive effort by the health service in handling the major challenges of the pandemic and the heroic endeavours of healthcare personnel inspired you to decide to devote your career to helping others and doing your bit, so now you want to change careers to nursing, etc., etc.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TheGuyFromHR: 8:37am On Dec 01, 2021
Ndessien:
Jesus Christ!!! I noticed a letter missing on one of my kids surname. Surname is Obayuwana and the Wakanow guys typed Obayuana on his ticket. We are boarding Thursday morning. When I called them , they said the ticket is confirmed by Qatar airways. They can't edit it. Any advice for your sister

Call Qatar Airways then.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Iamajala: 8:39am On Dec 01, 2021
SCAM ALERT!!! Olu Micheal of Forbes Global Project, is a renowned Criminal, Fraudster and a Scammer disguising as a travel agent, he collects money from people, use it to produce yoruba movies, and promise to pay back by giving you a fake cheque. This is his number 08038877721

https://www.nairaland.com/6875452/scammer-olu-micheal-forbes-global

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OluAjo: 8:41am On Dec 01, 2021
I had a similar case and what I told them was that a family member transferred the outstanding balance of my school fees and maintenance fees into my bank account.
They asked for the JOB TITLE and ANNUAL INCOME. I only knew the Job title and not the annual income, I was asked why I didn't know the annual income - I simply told them because it is very rude and disrespectful in Nigeria culture to ask for an elder's annual income.
They asked if she had dependants and I said none that I know of.
The KEY POINT is to be sincere and honest. Don't lie of you don't know/have the answers.

quote author=dollyparton post=108104228]Dear all,
Good morning house and happy new month to us all. I asked a question a couple of pages back but I didn't get a clear answer probably due the way the question was framed. So I'll restructure it to make it clearer. I hold an unconditional offer from a university in the UK and I already paid deposit it I'm awaiting CAS subject to passing a PRE-CAS interview they called visa credibility interview. I had a practice session yesterday and one particular issue raised by the interviewer was that although I might have the required POF (which has already matured), i might still be asked to give evidence of how i came about such money. The interviewer told me my job and my salary earnings do not correspond with the POF thus I might have issues with financial credibility.

Now my question is can I mention a relative who is a UK citizen resident in the UK as my sponsor given that I can obtain a letter from her stating she's my sponsor with proof of her financial credibility. Also she was the one that paid my deposit. Please I'll appreciate fast answers as I'll be taking the pre-CAS interview today.

Thanks and God bless.

Cc Justwise [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ODIX(m): 8:52am On Dec 01, 2021
@Justwise and other Gurus in the house I urgently need your guidance. I have a conditional admission from a UK school and I was asked to fill a pre CAS form online. In the formed I was asked if I have been refused a UK visa previously and I said yes as I was previously refused in December 2012.

Now the school has written me to provide my refusal letter from the home office for their review and I genuinely can’t find it and I have responded to them that I have moved houses since then and I can’t locate the letter but that the reason for the refusal was due to insufficient supporting documentation to support my travel then.

Now my problem is a was supposed to pay my deposit school fees this week to enable me obtain my CAS. Should I go ahead and pay ? The school has not responded to my email just silence from them. What should I do now. Will this be an issue for me. Please urgent response needed.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OrchestraMin: 9:06am On Dec 01, 2021
Dramadiddy:
yep!

please has yours moved to 'received by tls'

will you be going to the collection centre today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by BolaT53: 9:10am On Dec 01, 2021
Now that I am seeing questions on where proof of funds came from. Please house I’m 23yrs old and I’m applying for my masters. I gathered the money left and right and my personal savings. Though I have proof of employment cos I work with a bank and I have my logistics business that I’m running. Please is this enough proof.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Star19: 9:14am On Dec 01, 2021
dollyparton:
Dear all,

Thanks and God bless.

Cc Justwise

For me, my sister is the one funding my studies and I mentioned it during my credibility interview. They only said she should transfer the money to my account which she did. During the interview I also told them she would be paying my deposit directly from the US and they said it was ok. The deposit has been paid and I’m about getting my CAS.

I think you can mention that your relative is your sponsor but inform them that the money will be in your account.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Timekeeper: 9:15am On Dec 01, 2021
OllyRay143:
Hello fam, i am trying to make a tuition fees payment through form A, but the option i was only given is to pay through debit/credit card or via flywire portal at the university of Salford. Please help out

Anwyay to get scholarship fully paid into AL these schools una dey mention so? I am done with my degree but wunt mind starting another degree in the UK if it's OK scholarship
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Star19: 9:16am On Dec 01, 2021
BolaT53:
Now that I am seeing questions on where proof of funds came from. Please house I’m 23yrs old and I’m applying for my masters. I gathered the money left and right and my personal savings. Though I have proof of employment cos I work with a bank and I have my logistics business that I’m running. Please is this enough proof.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about as long as you have the required funds in your account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by BolaT53: 9:19am On Dec 01, 2021
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.