Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,304 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (830) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1252121 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2021
Aprokodaughter:

But why should they check your bank statement or card. Like they will bring out pos to check your Account? Is that not invading someone's privacy?

If you have ever watched ITV Heathrow airport program you would have seen where they drag a Nigerian to ATM machine at the airport to check the money he claimed to have for the visit, it turns out that he lied but luckily for him a friend he was visiting here agreed to pay money into his account and the immigration checked and saw the money before allowing him in.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2021
justwise:

If you have ever watched ITV Heathrow airport program you would have seen where they drag a Nigerian to ATM machine at the airport to check the money he claimed to have for the visit, it turns out that he lied but luckily for him a friend he was visiting here agreed to pay money into his account and the immigration checked and saw the money before allowing him in.

That's visit but study I don't know. Because I wasn't asked sha and it was the first time they lifted the lockdown. Lots of emphasis was made the locator form then.

That ITV program ehn cheesy those travellers sha even the officers sef. I just started watching the show.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rollitout: 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2021
Sijuademi:
Good afternoon good people.

Pls anyone that processed PTA recently how long those it take CBN to approve.

Your swift response would be appreciated.

Co asking please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Crenzywilliams(m): 5:39pm On Dec 30, 2021
LuchiBianca:
What rate did the person use?
The black market rate as at then.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Crenzywilliams(m): 5:51pm On Dec 30, 2021
cole18:
Alert!!!
Application: Dec 2nd VI TLS Centre
Biometrics: Dec 7th( Priority cum Standard)
Paid mail: 24th Dec ( told decision has been made)
Transferred to Vac: 30th Dec
Received by Vac: 30th Dec
Collection mail: 30th Dec
Passport Collection: 30th Dec
Doc submitted: ssce cert, transcript, bsc cert, Tb Cert, Cas docs, work reference, employment letter
Destination: Ulster Uni, London
Congratulations bros

Many thanks to this platform and I wish everyone success �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Wahabuuu: 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2021
Is there anyone else here going to Staffordshire university in January and yet to Get CAS

Let’s share ideas

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by jsnowy98: 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2021
Please who has recently used e Form A through sterling bank? How many days did it take the head office to process the request after the branch of choice approval?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2021
Aprokodaughter:

That's visit but study I don't know. Because I wasn't asked sha and it was the first time they lifted the lockdown. Lots of emphasis was made the locator form then.

That ITV program ehn cheesy those travellers sha even the officers sef. I just started watching the show.

My point is that they have the right to do that without thinking about invading your privacy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2021
justwise:

My point is that they have the right to do that without thinking about invading your privacy

Hmmm...it's true sha. I agree
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Wahabuuu: 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2021
jsnowy98:
Please who has recently used e Form A through sterling bank? How many days did it take the head office to process the request after the branch of choice approval?

I did and it used 2 working days standard. And I got just a single pdf document as payment evidence.

But disturb the branch as well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cutelekush01: 6:47pm On Dec 30, 2021
STENON:
Most people tell more lies than truth. What if I don't have Internet banking or Naija atm card with me at the POE.

You are very correct, I keep telling people. It’s not a must you have your bank app.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by olutop(m): 6:55pm On Dec 30, 2021
cutelekush01:

Not a joke except if she get NSF before that time.
What is NSF please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by olutop(m): 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2021
Dbbanks:
Good morning.... has anyone who did biometrics in Abuja TLS on the 15th gotten a collection mail? The wait is tiring
Have you gotten a Decision mail and if yes when?....thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cutelekush01: 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2021
olutop:

What is NSF please?

Non Straightforward Mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kennykale: 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2021
cutelekush01:

You are very correct, I keep telling people. It’s not a must you have your bank app.

The way a tourist is treated is different from a student. The tourist has to clear on his or her purpose of visit while student has already done so by the visa they hold. I am sure no student will be dragged to the atm or whatever because of funds at the Poe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cutelekush01: 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2021
kennykale:

The way a tourist is treated is different from a student. The tourist has to clear on his or her purpose of visit while student has already done so by the visa they hold. I am sure no student will be dragged to the atm or whatever because of funds at the Poe.

I was not referring to dragging to ATM, I have seen a lady they asked to open her bank app to confirm if she has the funds needed for her studies

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Awube: 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2021
yourfavourite:
You can use access xclusive card

Please how does that work? Do you have to have an access bank account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cutelekush01: 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2021
Awube:

Please how does that work? Do you have to have an access bank account?

Bros the card now as $500 monthly limit. It was $3000 before later they changed it to$2000 and now $500. I have the card and I can’t even use it to pay both IHs and Visa fee.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Awube: 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2021
cutelekush01:

Bros the card now as $500 monthly limit. It was $3000 before later they changed it to$2000 and now $500. I have the card and I can’t even use it to pay both IHs and Visa fee.

Wow! So are we doomed to black market rate?☹️
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dbbanks: 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2021
olutop:

Have you gotten a Decision mail and if yes when?....thanks

Not yet but someone who did in the 13th got a collection mail today so I Dey wait.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cutelekush01: 7:20pm On Dec 30, 2021
Awube:

Wow! So are we doomed to black market rate?☹️

You might be lucky to see someone in the Uk that can help you at a cheaper rate. Let’s say 500-530 per dollar.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Wahabuuu: 7:23pm On Dec 30, 2021
cutelekush01:

You might be lucky to see someone in the Uk that can help you at a cheaper rate. Let’s say 500-530 per dollar.

Try the GT Virtual prepaid card, it works and it is normal official rate

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Feliwalt12: 7:51pm On Dec 30, 2021
[quote author=Chimdinma1845 post=108942394

Please keep in my that I’m supporting myself financially and the money I mentioned above is all my savings.

Please scammers don’t waste your time! I can’t be stupid to trust anyone online with money.[/quote]

Why do I feel you are giving out too much info. Sorry for your ordeal, make Google your best friend, I once saw a video on YouTube of a lady with third class, do alot of research, your experience and a very good personal statement can be of of help, apply to multiple school, you need a whole lot of research. Search for schools and keep checking their requirements, you will find . Check Postgrad.com. All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Awube: 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2021
Wahabuuu:

Try the GT Virtual prepaid card, it works and it is normal official rate

Please how does this work? Do I need to open an account with them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Awube: 7:55pm On Dec 30, 2021
cutelekush01:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by okposm: 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2021
cutelekush01:

Check the type of subscription you have. I paid over a thousand dollars for someone today

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by jsnowy98: 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2021
Wahabuuu:

I did and it used 2 working days standard. And I got just a single pdf document as payment evidence.

But disturb the branch as well
Please sir, can I PM you? God will bless you, this thing has been stressing me cry. Over two weeks o, initially I didn't even know you still have to go to the branch after submitting the form on TMS's portal. Or better still sir, can I get your number on a dead thread?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2021
Marytee2:
Urgent please!!! A friend is to travel to the UK in 2 days time and just realised his passport will expire in February. He has 2 years UK visit visa and wants to spend only 4 weeks. He will be back before his visa expires. Will this era of long wait to renew passport, can he still use this passport or must the passport have a 6 months validity to enter UK? Thanks

This question is very subjective. Most countries require your passport to have at least 6 months validity to apply for a visa but the rule of validity at the point the passport/visa is being used is not clear. I was in this situation in November and could not get a clear response even when I contacted British Airways. A few people advised that since it was to enter the UK, I could use the passport but I just decided to get a new passport and was lucky to get it out in one week just before I travelled.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by jsnowy98: 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2021
Please house, is it true there's no walk-in service at TLS currently?

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.