Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,666 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1252267 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Midex88(m): 8:20pm On Dec 30, 2021
Midex88:
Good evening my people, I have been having difficulty trying to get my transcript from my school and it's delaying my application to school in the UK.
Pls I will like to know if including/uploading transcript is a must to apply for masters.
Am asking this so as to know whether uploading only my university Certificate on the school application portal will suffice.
This information will help me not to delay my applications any further.
Thanks

Good Evening my People, I still need help on this....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 8:30pm On Dec 30, 2021
Uzonma:
Hello house
Please which bank can give me pounds for PTA
Instead of dollars?
Most bank claim that dollars is what's readily available to them

Banks no longer give Pounds for PTA since about July this year. You can only get pounds from the Black Market or you travel with your dollars and change it with a BDC when you arrive the UK.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by SijiGbologe1: 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2021
Am also considering Hull pls any advice for me and also do they accept C6 in English in waec
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sijuademi: 8:42pm On Dec 30, 2021
Someone should pls help as it is urgent.

Good evening good people,

Pls for those that filled PTA on CBN platform

Pls what route will I write .

Thanks you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Abiscoco: 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2021
This question should be directed to your school. Many schools are okay with just your degree certificate and are not concerned about transcripts. So it's not a huge deal.

Midex88:

Good Evening my People, I still need help on this....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fatima04: 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2021
STENON:
I wonder too o... let them keep dwelling in the ocean of folktales grin

Na their underwears dem go check very soon cheesy

They have requested for it from a couple of acquaintances I know one at Manchester and the other at London. Infact one of them got a court injunction to produce the statement, proof of paying for living expenses etc if depleted. I saw the copy of the injunction nd was really surprised. They can be quite vindictive if they want to.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by jimps(m): 9:03pm On Dec 30, 2021
Sijuademi:
Thank you

Pls did you book directlyor u use agent

I used wakanow
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fatima04: 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2021
STENON:
The truth is they don't check it. I removed my POF 5 days to my Biometrics in 2018, I was scared because of Christmas and New Year holiday, I got my visa then.
This is for my sister and I am planning same for her grin

That was 2018 oo before everyone started applying cos of PSW. A lot has stated rejection from depleted balance etc. Infact you will see refusal letters several pages back. They are now requesting confirmation of exact balance. Ofcourse not all ECO asks.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by okposm: 9:11pm On Dec 30, 2021
Ebalafaa:

Banks no longer give Pounds for PTA since about July this year. You can only get pounds from the Black Market or you travel with your dollars and change it with a BDC when you arrive the UK.

Have u done it before? Don't Try it o. Change the dollars to naira and then convert to pounds. It is better that way. The commission they collect and the the cross rate is high.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Wahabuuu: 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2021
Awube:

Please how does this work? Do I need to open an account with them?

You need to have a GTB account and after that , request for online banking and a token

Then tell the customer care rep you also want to get a virtual prepaid card

It’s quite easy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Wahabuuu: 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2021
jsnowy98:

Please sir, can I PM you? God will bless you, this thing has been stressing me cry. Over two weeks o, initially I didn't even know you still have to go to the branch after submitting the form on TMS's portal. Or better still sir, can I get your number on a dead thread?

Once you have been given an application id on the TMS portal.

Print out that page and take it to the sterling bank branch you choose.

Take along your international passport & admission letter and Degree certificate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2021
Please guys i need some clarification. What is the latest time you can apply for visa and be in the uk before your course starts. For instance if my course is for September and all documents and cash ready, can i apply for visa in June or July?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by jsnowy98: 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2021
Wahabuuu:

Take along your international passport & admission letter and Degree certificate
I've done this and I got a mail from TMS that my form has been approved by the ADB. The service manager that attended to me at the bank then told me it will take another seven working days for the head office to process my request. The two working days you counted, is it from the day you got an approval mail from TMS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Abiscoco: 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2021
You can apply 3 months before your course start date. However, the ECO can only grant you entry one month before your course start date.

Ayaoye:
Please guys i need some clarification. What is the latest time you can apply for visa and be in the uk before your course starts. For instance if my course is for September and all documents and cash ready, can i apply for visa in June or July?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ShalewaT: 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2021
Hello everyone. Please how much is priority visa? My husband and I plan to apply for it hopefully if it gets back by January
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 10:34pm On Dec 30, 2021
Wahabuuu:

Nothing in Nigeria ever makes sense

What then is the essence of taking it online if you still need to take physical stuff to the bank?

What will happen to people who are abroad?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MercyJJC: 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2021
ShalewaT:
Hello everyone. Please how much is priority visa? My husband and I plan to apply for it hopefully if it gets back by January

_£220 approximately $305. However the probability of priority coming back in January might be 0.5 or maybe less, considering the current volume of applications and the priorities already cancelled that are waiting for standard.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ShalewaT: 10:46pm On Dec 30, 2021
MercyJJC:

_£220 approximately $305. However the probability of priority coming back in January might be 0.5 or maybe less, considering the current volume of applications and the priorities already cancelled that are waiting for standard.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by rexericx(m): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2021
Wahabuuu:

You need to have a GTB account and after that , request for online banking and a token

Then tell the customer care rep you also want to get a virtual prepaid card

It’s quite easy

Goodevening, the prepaid card, is it gtb naira prepaid card or Dollar prepaid card?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TosinKate(f): 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2021
My brother........

fetomowo:
@fificole @dumebi @ariyike and @tosinkate I don miss una for here o...

E be like the other side dey sweet? .

Blessings
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Akanmu2013: 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2021
SijiGbologe1:
Am also considering Hull pls any advice for me and also do they accept C6 in English in waec

They do accept C6 in English.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Acanubs: 11:39pm On Dec 30, 2021
Gurus in the house . Please I need suggestions on where to do pre departure Covid test and how long it takes to get the result
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chocychoco: 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2021
I use barter to make payment for ihs and visa fee of me and 2 dependants since 21st of December and till now they haven't debit(deduct) my dependants ihs fee from the barter card

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chreze(m): 12:10am On Dec 31, 2021
With the increase in covid cases and daily new variant discoveries, it’s obvious study this year is gonna be online again. To avoid mental stress, here are some tips:

1. Try to be in the Uk before your lecture starts. I did information security, so we had different project from day 1. I missed the first lectures even tho I was in the UK, had challenges getting a laptop as shops were not opened and delivery was being delayed. When I joined again 3days after lecture commenced, some lecturers don share project groups and carry project full everywhere. When they added me to the groups, my teams chat was just buzzing every second with different messages of things that looked kind of strange to me.

2. Go to your course page if you have not and see if there is any of the courses you will be taking that is new to you. If there are any, start to watch videos on the courses on YouTube. These online lecture thing de be like film, before you know lecture don finish and another lecture don start, like play work load don de compile.

3. If you start class and anything seems difficult, my brother my sister, chat with your classmates and tell them you have difficulty understanding and you would love them to teach you if they understand. Expecially lab sessions, cos lab sessions online seemed kind of strange to me. Trust me, for some people this thing that seems big might just be a little thing to them. I had one Chinese guy teach me some coding stuff. We use to meet up at 1am London time. He was in China so we worked with his own time. We had some language barrier, but na computer so e no de hard to explain as all I had to do was share my screen and grant him access to my keyboard. Him go de do and I go de learn.

4. Use YouTube and google well well. Everything you need is there. It helped me a lot. If you ask me any library today, I go tell you YouTube cos it has everything. EVERYTHING. Just know how to do proper search.

5. First thing to search on YouTube should be “plagiarism in uk”. Uk universities don’t care if you copied from the lecturers note, just clearly state where you got your material from and you have gotten some marks already, how well you used the material will determine your final score.

6. Finally, don’t be shy to tell the professor you don’t understand. One of our old professor like that will spend an hour to make sure one person understands before he continues. In fact there was a day someone was asking some kind of question that you would expect the person to read up on his own, but this man answered all his question without stating to him that he was causing us delay. No be same with all lecturer, some na werey.

Depression is real here. All those our talk about oyibo school being easy, my brother na lie ooo, the level of research they expect from you, is different from what we are use to. Every little project, you are expected to write a report like say na business proposal wey them go pay you millions.

Before you do this work and do the other, time don go. Next thing time no de enough and you have to deliver. Next thing you don de de tensed. Na the beginning of depression be that ooo. It’s real trust me. As at early this year, students were committing suicide as they were stressed to breaking point and could not meet up with the demands.

Finally, for the guys careful for oyibo babes matter ooo. Plenty people be won do chop and clean mouth, then the girls con accuse them of rape. Rape is a very broad subject here, little thing wey you go say na normal level, bros no be normal level oooo, na rape oooo. Make you read their rape matter too.

Good luck.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by centuryman(m): 12:14am On Dec 31, 2021
Congratulations

OptimisticSalz:
Visa alert ����
What God cannot do does not exist
Biometrics : 9th December
3 dependants
No NSF
Collection mail : 30th December
Last minute miracle
sent like 4 paid mails between 22nd to 30th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Affam: 12:28am On Dec 31, 2021
The proof of fund border check that someone talked about on this thread, pls is it a recent development or it has always been like that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chreze(m): 12:32am On Dec 31, 2021
elenengine:
Am interested in last paragraph.
What if I no wan do chop and clean mouth nko.
Would that be a problem too?
Atleast we go use scope finish them.
Before you know, they will finally pay your school fees ☺️

Bro trust me, I don’t know at all. I came in married. I only added that part cos some people lost the golden opportunity to something as easy ———. How do you explain to your family that you lost an opportunity like starting a life in a land like this to ———. So na make we no get that type of story next year make me add am. But leave this your question people wey know go reply you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by centuryman(m): 12:34am On Dec 31, 2021
Nice one bro.

Thanks.

Chreze:

With the increase in covid cases and daily new variant discoveries, it’s obvious study this year is gonna be online again. To avoid mental stress, here are some tips:

1. Try to be in the Uk before your lecture starts. I did information security, so we had different project from day 1. I missed the first lectures even tho I was in the UK, had challenges getting a laptop as shops were not opened and delivery was being delayed. When I joined again 3days after lecture commenced, some lecturers don share project groups and carry project full everywhere. When they added me to the groups, my teams chat was just buzzing every second with different messages of things that looked kind of strange to me.

2. Go to your course page if you have not and see if there is any of the courses you will be taking that is new to you. If there are any, start to watch videos on the courses on YouTube. These online lecture thing de be like film, before you know lecture don finish and another lecture don start, like play work load don de compile.

3. If you start class and anything seems difficult, my brother my sister, chat with your classmates and tell them you have difficulty understanding and you would love them to teach you if they understand. Expecially lab sessions, cos lab sessions online seemed kind of strange to me. Trust me, for some people this thing that seems big might just be a little thing to them. I had one Chinese guy teach me some coding stuff. We use to meet up at 1am London time. He was in China so we worked with his own time. We had some language barrier, but na computer so e no de hard to explain as all I had to do was share my screen and grant him access to my keyboard. Him go de do and I go de learn.

4. Use YouTube and google well well. Everything you need is there. It helped me a lot. If you ask me any library today, I go tell you YouTube cos it has everything. EVERYTHING. Just know how to do proper search.

5. First thing to search on YouTube should be “plagiarism in uk”. Uk universities don’t care if you copied from the lecturers note, just clearly state where you got your material from and you have gotten some marks already, how well you used the material will determine your final score.

6. Finally, don’t be shy to tell the professor you don’t understand. One of our old professor like that will spend an hour to make sure one person understands before he continues. In fact there was a day someone was asking some kind of question that you would expect the person to read up on his own, but this man answered all his question without stating to him that he was causing us delay. No be same with all lecturer, some na werey.

Depression is real here. All those our talk about oyibo school being easy, my brother na lie ooo, the level of research they expect from you, is different from what we are use to. Every little project, you are expected to write a report like say na business proposal wey them go pay you millions.

Before you do this work and do the other, time don go. Next thing time no de enough and you have to deliver. Next thing you don de de tensed. Na the beginning of depression be that ooo. It’s real trust me. As at early this year, students were committing suicide as they were stressed to breaking point and could not meet up with the demands.

Finally, for the guys careful for oyibo babes matter ooo. Plenty people be won do chop and clean mouth, then the girls con accuse them of rape. Rape is a very broad subject here, little thing wey you go say na normal level, bros no be normal level oooo, na rape oooo. Make you read their rape matter too.

Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by em7even(m): 12:50am On Dec 31, 2021
Chreze:

Good luck.

Insightful!!! Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.