Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (908) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1252653 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by GreatManBee: 10:46pm On Jan 10, 2022
Afmaag123:
Did u take ur Application form and other documents to the bank?. I know the process is lot faster now.
Not yet. I sent it via email to my account officer. No response yet. I will visit there personally tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by jay2233: 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2022
Just saw this on the UK website
"When to take your test
You must take the test in the 2 days before your service to England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you could take a test any time on the Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The test result must be available for boarding.

If your journey to England is a multi-leg journey, you can take the test in the 2 days before the start of the first leg."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

Towotowo:
Go and take another test tomorrow. You wont be able to board flight with the test youve done

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mollue(m): 11:18pm On Jan 10, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Funky88:
Visa alert!!!
Biometric :10/12/2021 (family of 4)

NSF:22/12/2021 updated statement of account to end at the day I got the mail.

Replied:23/12/2021

Collection mail for myself,son,and hubby on the 4/01/2022
Which school in Scotland if you don't mind me asking?
Congratulations Ma

Collection mail for my daughter:05/01/2022

Scotland here I come.Thanks to the amazing friends I met here and for all the advice I got here.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tulacious123: 11:24pm On Jan 10, 2022
Raheemot:
Hi guys, please does salford university give scholarship discounts on the 15k tuition? And how much do I need to pay for deposit.

5500 GBP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chrishertz8: 11:37pm On Jan 10, 2022
Pls will a 3months old child be required to pay IHS fee and will I be required to show 9months living cost for the baby too?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by rexericx(m): 11:40pm On Jan 10, 2022
MrsDanex:
We need visa alert; let it rain visa alert today in Jesus name. Please has anyone that did biometrics on 29th Dec gotten decision. My school resumed today. I’m believing God for a speedy answer

Same oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Olomojola: 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2022
saintchuks9:
Hello guys...please I was recently denied CAS from my school and am so devastated, I was asked during my application if I have been denied visa before which I acknowledged which was from united states of America
Please what am I chances of getting CAS from another school with this setback?
Thanks
Alot of schools will give you CAs regardless of previous refusals

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Olomojola: 12:01am On Jan 11, 2022
Sonwa:
I sent you a email
Does this bank have just a branch in your location?if not why not check another branch?printer issue is usually local..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Adedapomola1993: 12:08am On Jan 11, 2022
Affam:

It has to be a bank where u have an account so you decide which is best..
thanks boss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Damilola59: 12:26am On Jan 11, 2022
Can I print POF from my bank app or it has to be gotten from the bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Russkii: 12:30am On Jan 11, 2022
BolaT53:
Has anyone opted for the keep my passport option. If yes please what is the procedure I have been told a decision has been made on my application.

I applied also using the keep my passport service. Decision has been made since 23rd December but no collection mail. TLS Ikeja. 9th December Biometrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rollitout: 12:32am On Jan 11, 2022
Damilola59:
Can I print POF from my bank app or it has to be gotten from the bank?
If the app support stamp and signature yes you can
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mannymanny: 1:07am On Jan 11, 2022
Hello guys,
I’d like to know the amount of deposit to get CAS for the following schools: Sheffield Hallam University, Salford Uni, Sunderland uni, Roehampton uni, Coventry Uni

My wife wants to apply for MSc Public health with her HND and I intend going as a dependant since I have Msc here in Naija so I can work full time and settle the bills/debts. So I’m looking at any city that’s full of opportunities to hustle well.

Also, asides Public health what other similar courses in the health line can she apply for? She has HND lower credit in microbiology.

Any advice pls??

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by dupyshoo: 1:09am On Jan 11, 2022
Have you applied for your kids' visa?
2-3 months might not be achievable. How are you sure you will get job immediately? Getting jobs quickly is dependent on your location.

Even if you get job quickly, you will pay bills here as well. Have you also considered flight cost for your wife to travel back to pick them.?

If you aee not able to convince your wife to stay away from the kids for more than 3 months, then maybe she should stay in Nigeria until you and her (assuming she is working in Nigeria) are able to save enough to bring the 3 of them at the same time.

MDDarah84:
Please I have a family of 4.Due to fund and then the need for my wife to work while i study so we can settle bills and raise funds,the plan is to go with my wife first and then after 2-3 months,bring in our 2 kids.

Please what are the challenges we may likely have? We so much wish we can do that for all but no power for now.

Kindly advice because anything after the 3 months without the kids,my wife said she will leave me and come back to Nigeria..Ejor.

Please advise

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Valeria16: 1:24am On Jan 11, 2022
experience recently. YOU CANNOT travel with CHILDREN on a student visa IF THE OTHER PARENT IS NOT COMING EXCEPT THE OTHER PARENT IS DEAD, THE student SHOWS PROOF (court evidence) THAT SHE HAS SOLE CUSTODY FOR THE CHILDREN OR THE ECO IS CONVINCED THAT IT IS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILDREN TO travel with YOU (This particular test is very subjective and open to different interpretation).

I emphasise here a consent letter will not suffice. I submitted 2 different consent letters (one signed by my daughter's father solely and the second signed by both parents) and I still received a NSF mail. In conclusion I had to involve a UK immigration lawyer to sort out the application before things were messed up and here we are now in the UK.
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Unlike) (Share) [b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rabato: 2:38am On Jan 11, 2022
georgesegun87:
Hello.. did you submit POF before they issue you CAS

No sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by johnsonpal: 2:57am On Jan 11, 2022
Hey guys, my last post was 2months ago. it's now 4 months of being here in the UK. And I have made it a point of duty to unlearn, learn, relearn, adapt as fast as possible. of course, I'm still a JJC

Disclaimer: This post is strictly my opinion, thought, and experience so far, which of course will be different from others.

This might be a little long so I apologize in advance

so let get to it.

In my last post I talked about finance, let me buttress my point a little more. I was able to work full time during the Christmas holiday which is different from the 20hrs/weekly you can work during school term. I had a 3 weeks Christmas break and I worked 9hrs daily for 14 days. I Would have worked daily for the entire week but unfortunately, I couldn't get more shifts.

Pay was 11/hr
11 * 9hrs = 99
99 * 14 = 1367 (Not that bad yeah?)

So working full time during holidays you can average say 2,000(if you can get and pull crazy hours)

If your school has a flexible payment plan, that stretches in between holidays, then maybe you can save up to pay 50% of your tuition. I still think there is no way you can pay 100% of the school fees even with unlimited holiday hours.
Don't forget you have other bills (rent, transport, feeding, etc ).

It's no news that the UK is practically dashing out visas to EVERYONE, ok, maybe not everyone let's say 90% of the people applying for the tier 4 student visa, and remember it's not just Nigeria, Indian, Vietnam, all over! so don't for one moment think that the UK government being benevolent with its student visa is 'grace', it's simply business for them.
After Brexit, the government is trying to bring money into their country, and they have succeeded greatly with the international students' tuition fees amounting to billions of pounds being pumped into the economy. The 2 years post-graduate is just an incentive to achieve this.

Now understand that the requirement to stay on in the UK after your 2 years post-graduate for most of us lies solely on landing a job, not just any type of job, a job that will be willing and ready to apply for you to stay.

Let's talk facts.

The competition for Jobs is going to be very fierce and this is even saying it lightly. We also need to consider Covid.
To understand how many people are coming into the UK for "study" right now, check these BBC links.

Student Accommodation Scarcity in the UK

https://www.google.com/search?q=uk+student+accomodation+scarcity&rlz=1C1JZAP_enGB983GB983&oq=uk+student+accomodation+scarcity+&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.7052j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

There is massive accommodation scarcity in almost all Universities cities. So what is plan B, C?? how do we stand a better chance of landing these Jobs?

1 . Research, Research: There is a job shortage list that is regularly updated, Go to jobs websites(indeed, totaljobs, Linkedin), look at what is trending for the past year, look at the skills employers are looking for and somehow align your course with it.

Don't just study anything all because you want to leave Nigeria, What are the prospect of your course in landing a job in a fiercely competitive job market?

btw, for people studying MSc law, what is exactly the plan? I genuinely mean no offense, I'm just really curious

2. Develop yourself, even studying a relevant course is not assurance. Get practical skills. The major things employers look for here are Skills and experience. Apply for that internship, build that portfolio, Volunteer. Just Do everything possible to gain that experience.

3. Please don't be mediocre, if it only excels you know thoroughly, it's better than knowing bits of everything. btw, I think everyone should learn Excel, Coursera and Udemy are offering free courses.

4. Network as much as possible, join Linkedin. attend conferences, seminars if you can, register for school job fare Register on meetup.com, there are free events around your city, attend. Don't be too busy working your temp jobs and forget to plan for what is coming.

======================

Now, Plan B, C, so after doing all these say no job is forthcoming a year after your study. *God forbid* We all know that going back to Nigeria is almost not on the table for a lot of people.

- IF you are single, then, Good for you, Find real love, legally o!!

- Startup/investor Visa, I don't know much about this, but it is worth looking into.

- Continue with your Canada Pr process, your Msc should increase your score at least. (Most of dumped this when it was taking forever)

- Look into other countries, Australia, New Zealand

Lastly, Please try to do everything in your power not to break the term of your visa, like not attending lecturers, Examination misconduct/ plagiarism( I still don't understand why some people are paying people in Nigeria to do their assignments and projects for them. How can you be paying this much tuition fee and you wouldn't want to at least learn something. The lecturers here are always ready and available to help. I understand some of us are stressed from work, and not interested in school, but abeg try to edit those assignments you get from them" Machinery".
Plagiarism/Examination Misconduct is a big deal here o.

Again, Don't work more than 20hrs during school sessions. These guys will be looking at everything with microscopic eyes when it's time because of the population.

I know I'm not experienced enough to be dishing out advice, so let's just say this is me thinking out loud and in no way am I discouraging anyone from coming.

Your Dear brother reporting live from the frontline grin.

66 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ColdNight(m): 3:23am On Jan 11, 2022
johnsonpal:
Hey guys, my last post was 2months ago. it's now 4 months of being here in the UK. And I have made it a point of duty to unlearn, learn, relearn, adapt as fast as possible. of course, I'm still a JJC

Disclaimer: This post is strictly my opinion, thought, and experience so far, which of course will be different from others.

so let get to it.

In my last post I talked about finance, let me buttress my point a little more. I was able to work full time during the Christmas holiday which is different from the 20hrs/weekly you can work during school term. I had a 3 weeks Christmas break and I worked 9hrs daily for 14 days. I Would have worked daily for the entire week but unfortunately, I couldn't get more shifts.

Pay was 11/hr
11 * 9hrs = 99

So working full time during holidays you can average say 2,000(if you can get and pull crazy hours)

If your school has a flexible payment plan, that stretches in between holidays, then maybe you can save up to pay 50% of your tuition. I still think there is no way you can pay 100% of the school fees even with unlimited holiday hours.

It's no news that the UK is practically dashing out visas to EVERYONE, ok, maybe not everyone let's say 90% of the people applying for the tier 4 student visa, and remember it's not just Nigeria, Indian, Vietnam, all over! so don't for one moment think that the UK government being benevolent with its student visa is 'grace', it's simply business for them.
After Brexit, the government is trying to bring money into their country, and they have succeeded greatly with the international students' tuition fees amounting to billions of pounds being pumped into the economy. The 2 years post-graduate is just an incentive to achieve this.

Now understand that the requirement to stay on in the UK after your 2 years post-graduate for most of us lies solely on landing a job, not just any type of job, a job that will be willing and ready to apply for you to stay.

Let's talk facts.

The competition for Jobs is going to be very fierce and this is even saying it lightly. We also need to consider Covid.
To understand how many people are coming into the UK for "study" right now, check these BBC links.

https://www.google.com/search?q=uk+student+accomodation+scarcity&rlz=1C1JZAP_enGB983GB983&oq=uk+student+accomodation+scarcity+&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.7052j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

There is massive accommodation scarcity in almost all Universities cities. So what is plan B, C?? how do we stand a better chance of landing these Jobs?

1 . Research, Research: There is a job shortage list that is regularly updated, Go to jobs websites(indeed, totaljobs, Linkedin), look at what is trending for the past year, look at the skills employers are looking for and somehow align your course with it.

Don't just study anything all because you want to leave Nigeria, What are the prospect of your course in landing a job in a fiercely competitive job market?

btw, for people studying MSc law, what is exactly the plan? I genuinely mean no offense, I'm just really curious

2. Develop yourself, even studying a relevant course is not assurance. Get practical skills. The major things employers look for here are Skills and experience. Apply for that internship, build that portfolio, Volunteer. Just Do everything possible to gain that experience.

3. Please don't be mediocre, if it only excels you know thoroughly, it's better than knowing bits of everything. btw, I think everyone should learn Excel, Coursera and Udemy are offering free courses.

4. Network as much as possible, join Linkedin. attend conferences, seminars if you can, register for school job fare Register on meetup.com, there are free events around your city, attend. Don't be too busy working your temp jobs and forget to plan for what is coming.

======================

Now, Plan B, C, so after doing all these say no job is forthcoming a year after your study. *God forbid* We all know that going back to Nigeria is almost not on the table for a lot of people.

- Startup/investor Visa, I don't know much about this, but it is worth looking into.

- Continue with your Canada Pr process, your Msc should increase your score at least. (Most of dumped this when it was taking forever)

Lastly, Please try to do everything in your power not to break the term of your visa, like not attending lecturers, Examination misconduct/ plagiarism( I still don't understand why some people are paying people in Nigeria to do their assignments and projects for them. How can you be paying this much tuition fee and you wouldn't want to at least learn something. The lecturers here are always ready and available to help. I understand some of us are stressed from work, and not interested in school, but abeg try to edit those assignments you get from them" Machinery".

Again, Don't work more than 20hrs during school sessions. These guys will be looking at everything with microscopic eyes when it's time because of the population.

I know I'm not experienced enough to be dishing out advice, so let's just say this is me thinking out loud and in no way am I discouraging anyone from coming.

This is very insightful bro. Thanks for the tips and headups. Pls, I have a question which I will like to get an answer to. For someone that has a freelance job online say Upwork, Fiverr and the likes and get paid with platforms like Payoneer and PayPal before relocating to the UK. Can they still continue with it like a side hustle together with the 20hrs weekly physical jobs?

I need clarification for this my people. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by tochieee: 3:33am On Jan 11, 2022
Goodmorning all,

Please I need advice on best airline to UK on 20th.

British Airways is so expensive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by efosakelly: 3:39am On Jan 11, 2022
Afmaag123:
Is he applying for PHD that he will pay 3k pounds
Undergraduate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chardiee(f): 3:44am On Jan 11, 2022
tochieee:
Goodmorning all,

Please I need advice on best airline to UK on 20th.

British Airways is so expensive
You can check out Qatar and Turkish Airlines.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by uchman(m): 4:14am On Jan 11, 2022
efosakelly:

you are going to pay close to 3k pounds for IHS alone, and visa fee is about 480 USD

3K pounds for IHS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ThaSlimKidd: 4:28am On Jan 11, 2022
johnsonpal:

so let get to it.

Well said. I think a lot more people should come out and put out short time experiences like this. So that everyone involved in this "study/Japa visa" route understands what they are getting into. It's one thing to go through all these financial stress to get the visa to "study" , then another to actually get a job within the 2years PSW that is willing to sponsor you beyond the PSW. (Ps: you are required to apply for the PSW for yourself and each of your dependents.. Application is roughly £2k per person).
If that's not enough headache , you'd have to compete in a steadily saturated worksphere to secure jobs(that offer sponsorship) during the PSW. PSW can't be extended past the 2yrs(MSc) or 3yrs(PhD).
It's a lot of uncertainty and a bit worrying/scary personally but like we always say .."It is well". May God come through for each of us as we all thrive for better in the UK and beyond.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by uchman(m): 4:32am On Jan 11, 2022
johnsonpal:

so let get to it.

Pay was 11/hr
11 * 9hrs = 99

Let's talk facts.

======================

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mayor46(m): 4:55am On Jan 11, 2022
Towotowo:
Yes you can, the rule says before the end of 30 days. If you still have the money in your account, just print another one

What do you mean by “if I have the money” ?
I have removed it from December 31st.
So I have a printed statement from Dec 1 - Dec 30 that was printed on Dec 31st before the money was removed.
So can I use this statement while I put the money back into the account ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.