Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,799 members, 7,813,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (909) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1253428 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) (912) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by omoajiri(m): 6:15am On Jan 11, 2022
Towotowo:
Balance 14,000
Main applicant(student) : £1,334 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses in London
Dependent( your wife and child) : £845 a month (for up to 9 months) for courses in London

14000 + ( 1,334 * 9) + ( ( 845 * 9) * 5) )

Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by olufuumy(f): 6:19am On Jan 11, 2022
My husband sent a paid mail to UKVI yesterday, they responded that decision has been made

Bio was 20th Dec 2021, 2:00pm
Abuja TLS.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 6:21am On Jan 11, 2022
Chrishertz8:
Pls will a 3months old child be required to pay IHS fee and will I be required to show 9months living cost for the baby too?
Thanks

Yes you would.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by florixi: 6:40am On Jan 11, 2022
Do we need to print it out or go with the green card that has barcode? Then they will scan the barcode to confirm.

Towotowo:
If you are fully vaccinated
This is what you need to do if you qualify under the fully vaccinated rules for travel to England.

Before you travel to England – fully vaccinated
Before you travel to England you must:

book and pay for a COVID-19 test – to be taken after you arrive in England
complete a passenger locator form – to be completed in the 48 hours before you arrive in England

You dont need to do a test before you travel, make sure you take the evidence of your duble vaccine along. Print it out, keep as many copies with you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 11, 2022
For those aspiring September 2022 applicants, you need to start applying now so that you can have ample time for responses from schools, CAS application and most importantly Visa application.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by donogaga(m): 7:04am On Jan 11, 2022
UK announces temporary suspension of walk-in service in Nigeria.

https://punchng.com/uk-announces-temporary-suspension-of-walk-in-service-in-nigeria/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by donogaga(m): 7:04am On Jan 11, 2022
Simran94:
For those aspiring September 2022 applicants, you need to start applying now so that you can have ample time for responses from schools, CAS application and most importantly Visa application.

Very good advice.

The earlier the better.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by zaynab96: 7:15am On Jan 11, 2022
have you submitted your passport back to tls?
Russkii:

I applied also using the keep my passport service. Decision has been made since 23rd December but no collection mail. TLS Ikeja. 9th December Biometrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by zaynab96: 7:20am On Jan 11, 2022
Have you submitted your passport back to tls?
BolaT53:
Has anyone opted for the keep my passport option. If yes please what is the procedure I have been told a decision has been made on my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by elenengine(m): 7:50am On Jan 11, 2022
Good morning all,
Please house, with the recent development by suspending walk-in.
In this case.
If wife got 11th as date and husband and son get 15,16 as date.
Can they Walk in with the wife as family?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 8:06am On Jan 11, 2022
Ebalafaa:

Take it from me first hand as I went through this experience recently. YOU CANNOT TRAVEL WITH CHILDREN ON A STUDENT VISA IF THE OTHER PARENT IS NOT COMING EXCEPT THE OTHER PARENT IS DEAD, THE STUDENT SHOWS PROOF (court evidence) THAT SHE HAS SOLE CUSTODY FOR THE CHILDREN OR THE ECO IS CONVINCED THAT IT IS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILDREN TO TRAVEL WITH YOU (This particular test is very subjective and open to different interpretation).

I emphasise here a consent letter will not suffice. I submitted 2 different consent letters (one signed by my daughter's father solely and the second signed by both parents) and I still received a NSF mail. In conclusion I had to involve a UK immigration lawyer to sort out the application before things were messed up and here we are now in the UK.

Its not only couples that come to the UK to study, single mothers also do, the only difference is how you present your case

A mother can travel with kids without their daddy IF and IF you put in place a plan for those kids, consent letter alone is not enough.

The biggest question you need to answer is...who will look after those kids while you are at the university?

Did you make childcare/school arrangement for them? Have the money? Have evidence of all that?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by BolaT53: 8:11am On Jan 11, 2022
Russkii:

I applied also using the keep my passport service. Decision has been made since 23rd December but no collection mail. TLS Ikeja. 9th December Biometrics

Same here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mannymanny: 8:12am On Jan 11, 2022
Mannymanny:
Hello guys,
I’d like to know the amount of deposit to get CAS for the following schools: Sheffield Hallam University, Salford Uni, Sunderland uni, Roehampton uni, Coventry Uni

My wife wants to apply for MSc Public health with her HND and I intend going as a dependant since I have Msc here in Naija so I can work full time and settle the bills/debts. So I’m looking at any city that’s full of opportunities to hustle well.

Also, asides Public health what other similar courses in the health line can she apply for? She has HND lower credit in microbiology.

Any advice pls??

Anyone with answers plsss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by tonerokampala: 8:15am On Jan 11, 2022
zaynab96:
Have you submitted your passport back to tls?

Good morning. In my case I haven't been called to submit my passport despite a decision been made. Fingers crossed.

Any idea how long does it take from submission of passport and placing the vignette to return of the passport to applicant?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by BolaT53: 8:25am On Jan 11, 2022
tonerokampala:

Good morning. In my case I haven't been called to submit my passport despite a decision been made. Fingers crossed.

Any idea how long does it take from submission of passport and placing the vignette to return of the passport to applicant?

Good Day, when did you do your biometrics? They haven’t asked me to submit mine also despite a decision has been made.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by tonerokampala: 8:36am On Jan 11, 2022
BolaT53:

Good Day, when did you do your biometrics? They haven’t asked me to submit mine also despite a decision has been made.

9th December, TLS Ikeja.

Where did you submit your biometrics?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Jumade1: 8:37am On Jan 11, 2022
Good morning everyone, I’m trying to fill form A
Please which documents will I upload for “school bill for the period “

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chardiee(f): 8:40am On Jan 11, 2022
For those asking, see a screenshot of a refusal

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by zaynab96: 8:42am On Jan 11, 2022
to the best of my knowledge they have not yet sent 17th to VAC as at this morning, maybe that would be done later today, so i think you can expect them to send you an email to submit your passport soon
BolaT53:
Good afternoon everyone. I did my biometrics on the 17th. Sent a paid mail on Friday and I was told my application is awaiting a decision. Sent another one today and I was told a decision has been made. Please I opted for a keep my passport option.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by zaynab96: 8:48am On Jan 11, 2022
maybe call ukvi againt to escalate it or good to British high commission
tonerokampala:

9th December, TLS Ikeja.

Where did you submit your biometrics?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by zaynab96: 8:53am On Jan 11, 2022
No, i am unsure but speaking to someone at tls abuja and they said one week. ps the person is not a staff, just one of the people that stand outside tls, helping people get biometrics date but i think you can return your passport without getting a mail to return it. i dropped mine off yesterday. but i don't think they have gotten to my application. did biometrics on the 5th of jan.
tonerokampala:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by BolaT53: 8:54am On Jan 11, 2022
zaynab96:
to the best of my knowledge they have not yet sent 17th to VAC as at this morning, maybe that would be done later today, so i think you can expect them to send you an email to submit your passport soon

Thank you. Have you submitted your passport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by BolaT53: 8:56am On Jan 11, 2022
zaynab96:
No, i am unsure but speaking to someone at tls abuja and they said one week. ps the person is not a staff, just one of the people that stand outside tls, helping people get biometrics date but i think you can return your passport without getting a mail to return it. i dropped mine off yesterday. but i don't think they have gotten to my application. did biometrics on the 5th of jan.

Oh you submitted yours without a mail and they collected it? Thank you let me try my luck and submit mine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by tonerokampala: 9:02am On Jan 11, 2022
zaynab96:
maybe call ukvi againt to escalate it or good to British high commission

Are visitors currently allowed at the high commission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Joylevi16: 9:05am On Jan 11, 2022
olufuumy:
My husband sent a paid mail to UKVI yesterday, they responded that decision has been made

Bio was 20th Dec 2021, 2:00pm
Abuja TLS.

How did he send the mail please. I would need the email
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chrishertz8: 9:06am On Jan 11, 2022
Ebalafaa:

Yes you would.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by olufuumy(f): 9:08am On Jan 11, 2022
You guys should track your application, I just saw ours has been transferred to VAC this morning
Husband bio 20th dec
Mine bio 23rd dec
2 kids bio 29th dec.

Abuja TLS

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by olufuumy(f): 9:10am On Jan 11, 2022
Joylevi16:

How did he send the mail please. I would need the email

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/something-else/english
Here’s the link
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Uniquewise: 9:10am On Jan 11, 2022
Chardiee:

You can check out Qatar and Turkish Airlines.

Please would one need Transit Visa to these stop over countries? Asking for someone
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Uniquewise: 9:11am On Jan 11, 2022
Any idea on a good Ticketing agent/business?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chardiee(f): 9:12am On Jan 11, 2022
Uniquewise:

Please would one need Transit Visa to these stop over countries? Asking for someone
Not at all, no transit visas required.

(1) (2) (3) ... (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) (912) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.