Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,060 members, 7,828,735 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1271513 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DhammiBB: 7:32pm On Jan 16, 2022
Question alert.!!!

Pls be kind while answering this… I just want to know

Here’s the question.;

Do you have to travel back to your home country if you’re changing from a dependent visa to a tier 4 Visa..?

Cc @justwise @babababy @all other gurus on this forum..!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by efosakelly: 7:43pm On Jan 16, 2022
kennykale:
Guys feel free to digest.
This GTCo is notorious for not responding to mail. that is how my sister purchased over 350k ticket online from their app. they debited her without a ticket, well she later got her ticket from an Agent, contacted airline for refund, they said they never received the funds and sent several mail to GTCO to follow up. after a month she gad to go to GT head office to complain, and they check their mail and found all the mails unread on their system they started apologizing and processed the refund immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1beat(m): 8:08pm On Jan 16, 2022
Pls I need advice on this oo

On Friday that I went for my Biometric
I was asked to look into the camera and say my name and my date of birth
I made mistake on my date of birth
switching day & month together. Pls what should I do

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Lytleking: 8:09pm On Jan 16, 2022
Osoderi:

If you are unvaccinated, u will do a predepature test in Nigeria. Then you will register and order for the PCR test for day 2 and day8. Because u are unvaccinated, u will do day 2 and day 8. U will order for day 2 and 8 and it will be transferred to your address in UK , make sure u put the UK address you will do quarantine.

They will ask you all these at the airport, make sure you print the orders from your email.

The day 2 will be sent to y address in UK, u will do a self testing by y self and give it to some one to post for your. They will send your test result. On day 8 you will do again and send and they will send y test. Check the my comments I have posted the links for all these test
thanks.. this is helpful✔️

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rollitout: 8:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
If you have been to Scotland recently, Please kindly provide an update on the provider you have chosen for your DAY 2 PCR TEST.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 8:26pm On Jan 16, 2022
Lmao. I don't think it matters. They have your documents anyway. But how did you mix up your DOB. grin. I guessed you did 8/6/1992 instead of eight June 1992. Spelling it out helps better than saying it out numerically. That's what I did. Anyways don't beat yourself.

1beat:

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 8:33pm On Jan 16, 2022
DhammiBB:
Question alert.!!!

Here’s the question.;

Do you have to travel back to your home country if you’re changing from a dependent visa to a tier 4 Visa..?

No
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1beat(m): 8:53pm On Jan 16, 2022
LuchiBianca:
Lmao. I don't think it matters. They have your documents anyway. But how did you mix up your DOB. grin. I guessed you did 8/6/1992 instead of eight June 1992. Spelling it out helps better than saying it out numerically. That's what I did. Anyways don't beat yourself.

Exactly what happened bro
I was thinking I'm going to ask big questions when the lady ask me to face the camera I was scared.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by RIZE554: 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2022
No fear na human being u b, no b robot, tension and the rest affects us sometimes, am sure that is what I did sef, don't worry they have your passport data if you like say something different what your passport states is what matters, and they can always ask for clarification if needed. I was probably so tensed I probably said year before day and month grin grin....it is well it will end in praise!
1beat:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rose78: 8:58pm On Jan 16, 2022
Hello All,
What do you need to bring to TLS to collect your passport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1beat(m): 9:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
LuchiBianca:

Exactly bro you're right
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1beat(m): 9:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
RIZE554:
No fear na human being u b, no b robot, tension and the rest affects us sometimes, am sure that is what I did sef, don't worry they have your passport data if you like say something different what your passport states is what matters, and they can always ask for clarification if needed. I was probably so tensed I probably said year before day and month grin grin....it is well it will end in praise!

Amen. Bro thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TosinKate(f): 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
No...

DhammiBB:
Question alert.!!!

Here’s the question.;

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TosinKate(f): 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2022
A copy of your passport biodata page and the signed paper (you signed it) that was given to you during the biometric.

Rose78:
Hello All,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Eritob(m): 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2022
Please do they ask questions at the TLS on fate of appointment?
If Yes, what are the likely questions they may ask?

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Iferewaju: 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2022
Oga mi, no detailed info o. I just keep searching for days that are cheap on travelstart website. I also kept trying both Abuja and Lagos airport. Any airport wey get cheap British airways na him I Dey find. I can’t be moving my kids around from one airport to another because of layovers. I wanted something direct, fast and cheap. That’s why I paid without seeing visa yet oo.

Affam:

The cost I have been getting for a family of 4 is killing. 800k is very OK for me, pls can we connect ? So that u can give me a very detailed Info about this.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DhammiBB: 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2022
Thank you
justwise:

No
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by samsat(m): 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2022
Question Alert!!!

Please when one has a student visa will the person book one way ticket or return ticket? Please its urgent. Thank you in anticipation of your response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kennykale: 9:50pm On Jan 16, 2022
Rose78:
Hello All,

It will be in your collection mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
Osoderi:

The day 2 will be sent to y address in UK, u will do a self testing by y self and give it to some one to post for your. They will send your test result. On day 8 you will do again and send and they will send y test. Check the my comments I have posted the links for all these test

You can also post yourself smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
samsat:
Question Alert!!!

Please when one has a student visa will the person book one way ticket or return ticket? Please its urgent. Thank you in anticipation of your response.

Anyone you want

Most people book 1 way smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 10:03pm On Jan 16, 2022
Rollitout:
If you have been to [b]Scotland [/b]recently, Please kindly provide an update on the provider you have chosen for your DAY 2 PCR TEST.
Thanks in advance.

A friend used Randox

Used same too

smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 10:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
Khamon:
Please who can tell me where to get winter jacket in abuja

If you are not leaving soon, you can get from Aliexpress
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ModelLook(m): 10:53pm On Jan 16, 2022
I have a question. If an employer decides to sponsor you to the UK by giving u a COS and Tier 2 Visa.

What now happens when u decide to maybe study a course in the University in UK after some months.

Will you have to switch back to Students Visa where u only work 20hrs per week while u study or u just continue on the Tier 2 Visa where u can work unlimited?

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kennykale: 11:00pm On Jan 16, 2022
ModelLook:
I have a question. If an employer decides to sponsor you to the UK by giving u a COS and Tier 2 Visa.

What now happens when u decide to maybe study a course in the University in UK after some months.

Will you have to switch back to Students Visa where u only work 20hrs per week while u study or u just continue on the Tier 2 Visa where u can work unlimited?

Thank you.

Once you convert, you get 20hrs straight
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ugmama(m): 11:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
If you're fully vaccinated in Nigeria, do you need to still vaccinate (day 2 n cool in UK or self isolate?

Secondly, is London the best place for students to stay in UK?

Thank you guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ModelLook(m): 11:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
kennykale:

Once you convert, you get 20hrs straight

20hrs is too small now. How will someone manage to pay school fees with that one.

Or is that why most UK people on Tier 2 Visa don't like going back for studies? I'm just curious.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cutelekush01: 11:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
ModelLook:

20hrs is too small now. How will someone manage to pay school fees with that one.

Or is that why most UK people on Tier 2 Visa don't like going back for studies? I'm just curious.

You gerrit.. Why you Dey go school ? No be because of money and you don get job wey Dey give you money so fogerrrit

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bourne007(m): 11:20pm On Jan 16, 2022
Studying on a Tier 2 is allowed as long as it's approved by your employer and doesn't interfere with your job.

ModelLook:

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DMainMan: 11:22pm On Jan 16, 2022
SpongeBobSP:

Hi bro, you didn't understand me, lol... or I probably worded it wrongly. What I meant is that have a BSc in microbiology. Looking at MSc related to that field. Medical microbiology, public health etc...
Oh!
Microbiology and public health is not really lucrative in UK. For health sciences, try Nursing and Social Work. Make sure you are accredited by NMC, HCPC e.t.c.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 16, 2022
ModelLook:

Thank you.

Why do you want to hold two visas?

Secondly why do you want to be switching visas upandan?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DMainMan: 11:24pm On Jan 16, 2022
ModelLook:

Thank you.

If you are on Tier2, you and your dependants can study full time.

A Tier 4 dependant can also study full time.

You don't need to apply for student visa.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/campuslife/services/student-advice-support/how/international-student-support/immigration-and-visas/students-with-other-visas#:~:text=If%20you%20have%20obtained%20any,%E2%80%9Cmust%20intend%20to%20work%E2%80%9D

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.