Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (973) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1251938 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Taiwolee1: 12:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
Coolcube:
Please has anyone got an offer with RGU for September 2022?

Hi.... I'm one of Sept intake prospectives.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kinnad(m): 1:00pm On Jan 19, 2022
Hello guys,

Please who knows how long it takes for VAC to update. I just saw that it has been moved to VAC this morning while tracking my application, though I'm yet to get an email to that effect. Also how long does it normally take for them to dispatch passport after receiving from DMC?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Juwon01(f): 1:02pm On Jan 19, 2022
kinnad:
Hello guys,

Please who knows how long it takes for VAC to update. I just saw that it has been moved to VAC this morning while tracking my application, though I'm yet to get an email to that effect. Also how long does it normally take for them to dispatch passport after receiving from DMC?

Hi, when was your biometrics please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by temmyti: 1:03pm On Jan 19, 2022
Please when was your biometrics and where?

kinnad:
Hello guys,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by RIZE554: 1:05pm On Jan 19, 2022
First, the Rules. Appendix C, paragraph 1A (ca)(ii) requires that

the funds will remain available [in your account, or your parent’s account, or as funding from your official financial sponsor] unless used to pay for course fees and living costs;

If you want to use the money for fees please go ahead don't be afraid of anything. If you have to justify it for any reason you keep the receipt of the sent fees and other evidence so that if for any reason or somehow they check your current balance (which I don't know how possible this is but who knows) you can defend it by presenting the receipt of what the money was used for.
Olomojola:

Thanks,but the money was meant for fees ,if it's used for that purpose I'm just wondering why I should be a sin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Coolcube: 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
Taiwolee1:

Hi.... I'm one of Sept intake prospectives.

We are together. Any offer yet? Tried to defer my Jan offer till Sept without success so I reapplied.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DhammiBB: 1:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
Good day everyone,

I just got a mail response from UKVI,
Pls what does this mean..? Does that mean I have to leave the UK after 6 months..? I applied for a dependent Visa and my hubby course ends in May 2022 tho he still has the right to stay till Oct 2022 as stated on his BRP card..

@justwise @kennykale @babababy… Any other person who has an idea pls.

Pls help out.

MAIL ATTACHED BELOW

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 1:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
You should have paid before your biometrics appointment so your school can indicate that In your CAS. If you remove the money before your visa comes out and peradventure they run checks with your bank, how are they suppose to know it went toward your school fees when you've already applied ?
You've come this far, don't mess things up for yourself by yourself .

Olomojola:

Thanks,but the money was meant for fees ,if it's used for that purpose I'm just wondering why I should be a sin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Don1Dee(m): 1:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
LuchiBianca:
You should wait to get your visa before touching that money.

It doesn't really matter. No implication(s).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kenneth417: 1:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
Hello guys, Please I will be graduating from the University this year but I don't particularly enjoy the curriculum I'm pursuing, So, I've applied to an undergraduate program at a university in the United Kingdom, where I'll begin as a freshmen.
Will this be an issue to the UKVI-immigration and I'm I likely to get refused a student's visa by stating that

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 1:13pm On Jan 19, 2022
Lmao, oga counsellor, because if they noticed the money is below the required amount they will write him and ask him to explain abi?

RIZE554:

the funds will remain available [in your account, or your parent’s account, or as funding from your official financial sponsor] unless used to pay for course fees and living costs;

If you want to use the money for fees please go ahead don't be afraid of anything. If you have to justify it for any reason you keep the receipt of the sent fees and other evidence so that if for any reason or somehow they check your current balance (which I don't know how possible this is but who knows) you can defend it by presenting the receipt of what the money was used for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MrsDanex: 1:21pm On Jan 19, 2022
Less than an hour mine changed n they’re sending it down to me now
kinnad:
Hello guys,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ridwanadedapo(m): 1:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
In as much as I’d tell you to follow tour mind but again, try not to touch the funds in the account if the balance after paying the school fees would be less than the amount you should have. It’s a big risk which you shouldn’t try.

RIZE554:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sulee23(f): 1:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
Apparently not issuing you a letter in the first place they know what they are doing. I guess what they are trying to inform you in essence is that they will not issue you a brp for a visa that is 6months, unless more.

Just to clarify, your vignette carries how many month? I know it usually carries 3months for people coming to get brp. Also, did you pay the ihs and all of those things? They should have you issued the remainder of your husband's passport and not less than 3months. So you probably need to clarify more.

DhammiBB:
Good day everyone,

Pls what does this mean..? Does that mean I have to leave the UK after 6 months..? I applied for a dependent Visa and my hubby course ends in May 2022 tho he still has the right to stay till Oct 2022 as stated on his BRP card..

Pls help out.

MAIL ATTACHED BELOW
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Olomojola: 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2022
RIZE554:

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DhammiBB: 1:43pm On Jan 19, 2022
My Vignette carries one month, I paid IHS, Visa fees and the likes.
His visa is still more than 6 months.

Sulee23:
Apparently not issuing you a letter in the first place they know what they are doing. I guess what they are trying to inform you in essence is that they will not issue you a brp for a visa that is 6months, unless more.

Just to clarify, your vignette carries how many month? I know it usually carries 3months for people coming to get brp. Also, did you pay the ihs and all of those things? They should have you issued the remainder of your husband's passport and not less than 3months. So you probably need to clarify more.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by undeniablygreat(f): 1:45pm On Jan 19, 2022
Please can anyone assist with the list of schools that don’t need POF to issue CAS? Please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sulee23(f): 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
If vignette carries just one month, that means the validity of ur visa is on ur passport. So does this means there is a validity period on that same visa you have? Because if it's just one month, the vignette expires after a month.

I think this just means anyone trying to bring in dependent close to the end of their program might fall into this. Where no brp will be issued.

So technically if you get to the UK, you and ur husband has to sort out the issue of either putting in application for the PSV or switching to a tier2. It's crazy because not doing this might mean you are overstaying.

Sorry you are going through this Atm. No one truly knows how the Ukvi operates.

DhammiBB:
My Vignette carries one month, I paid IHS, Visa fees and the likes.
His visa is still more than 6 months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DhammiBB: 2:03pm On Jan 19, 2022
There’s no validity period on it that’s even my concern right now….

This is really serious then….

Sulee23:
If vignette carries just one month, that means the validity of ur visa is on ur passport. So does this means there is a validity period on that same visa you have? Because if it's just one month, the vignette expires after a month.

I think this just means anyone trying to bring in dependent close to the end of their program might fall into this. Where no brp will be issued.

So technically if you get to the UK, you and ur husband has to sort out the issue of either putting in application for the PSV or switching to a tier2. It's crazy because not doing this might mean you are overstaying.

Sorry you are going through this Atm. No one truly knows how the Ukvi operates.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sulee23(f): 2:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
Yeah, really serious. Confused if you were given a regular visa or a permit on your husband's. Not having a validity period is an issue of concern. Vignette says it permits you to be here, how then do you know when you are to leave? Your husband should probably give them a ring. As it could also be a mistake on their part.

DhammiBB:
There’s no validity period on it that’s even my concern right now….

This is really serious then….

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tantamount20: 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
Please can anyone explain the content of this mail to me....does the sender mean how much i have with me that i can send to the school now....

OR that do i really know how much i am to remit to make up the 50%...??

Any body with the idea of this mail content should throw light to my dilemma...

Gracias

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ColdNight(m): 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2022
VISA ALERT! VISA ALERT!

Alhamdulilah! God has been merciful. Thinking that I started this journey November and here I am with my Visa.

Admission - 9th November
Deposit - 16th November
CAS Letter - 14th December
Visa Application - 20th December
Biometrics - 23rd December
Collection Mail - 18th January
DHL Delivery - 19th January
No NSF
No Paid Mail

Thanks to everyone contributing to this platform. God bless you all and to the hopefuls, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Cheers!

26 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vicxxy10: 3:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
Anybody going to University of Chester for January intake?

Let’s connect!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Oggg: 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2022
tedpayne:
Gurus please help:
Is it OK/possible to travel with my fam to the UK on a visit visa in March and then complete+submit my study application when application kicks off properly for September intake?
Can we apply from the UK?
Family of 4.
We all have visit visas.
We've just done the TB test.
Kindly advise. Thank you.
so meaning you want to stay in the Uk from March to September with visit visa? Is that what you told them before they issued you the visa? A whole 6 months.. because you mentioned doing tb test. U also do not need to be inside the uk physically to submit a university application. It is done online.
Well you can not switch from a VISIT visa to a student visa from inside the uk.
https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/switch-to-this-visa

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ensamy(m): 3:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
Zimzee:
The date of birth on my friends transcript is different from what's on her passport. One is 1982 and the other 1980. The one on the passport is the correct one. Will it affect anything?
I have thesame problem and the university ask me to explain, I had to contact my university here to correct it and sent back a copy to me which I uploaded back to the school that I applied to and claimed it was an error from my university here. But I spent some money for my school to effect the correction.
But other universities I applied to in the UK didn't ask about it.
But

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kinnad(m): 3:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
Juwon01:

Hi, when was your biometrics please?
23rd December
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kinnad(m): 3:25pm On Jan 19, 2022
MrsDanex:
Less than an hour mine changed n they’re sending it down to me now
You mean it got to VAC today and also hitting the road today too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Abiscoco: 3:26pm On Jan 19, 2022
Your only solution is to follow what's stated in the mail. They put it there, "if you feel you've been granted the wrong leave, fill this form". I would advise filling the form as soon as possible with your explanation. It's either they tell you it's a mistake or tell you it's not a mistake. Nothing to lose but everything to gain.

Also, apart from the stamp on your passport. What does the letter attached to it say?

DhammiBB:
Good day everyone,

Pls help out.

MAIL ATTACHED BELOW

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kenneth417: 3:28pm On Jan 19, 2022
Hello guys,
Please I will be graduating from University in Ghana (KNUST) this year but I don't particularly enjoy the curriculum I'm pursuing, So, I've applied to an undergraduate program at a university in the United Kingdom, where I'll begin as a freshmen.
Will this be an issue to the UKVI-immigration and I'm I likely to get refused a student's visa by stating that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mikool101: 3:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
VISA ALERT!!!

Cas Issued - 28th of November, 2021

Visa Application (Standard) - 8th of December, 2021

Biometrics - 16th of December, 2021 (Tls Ikeja)

Documents Submitted - NECO, Degrees/Transcripts,
POF, Court Affidavit & Intl Passport.

NSF Mail - 7th of January, 2022
Request for employment details from my last study

Response to NSF Mail - 8th of January, 2022.
Additional Documents Submitted - 2 previous offer letters, 1 current offer letter, 2 previous work references, 1 current letter of recommendation from employer.

Transfer to VAC - 18th Of January, 2022

Collection Mail - 18th of January, 2022

Passport Collected - 19th of January 2022

Previous refusals from US and Canada declared.

Psalm 24: 7-8. "Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors, and let the King of glory enter. Who is the King of glory? The Lord, strong and mighty; the Lord, invincible in battle"

For those awaiting decision from UKVI, the King of glory will do it for you. Amen.

Cheers.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by damilolat: 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
Where did you do yourbiometrics?
ColdNight:
VISA ALERT! VISA ALERT!

Alhamdulilah! God has been merciful. Thinking that I started this journey November and here I am with my Visa.

Admission - 9th November
Deposit - 16th November
CAS Letter - 14th December
Visa Application - 20th December
Biometrics - 23rd December
Collection Mail - 18th January
DHL Delivery - 19th January
No NSF
No Paid Mail

Thanks to everyone contributing to this platform. God bless you all and to the hopefuls, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Cheers!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Darmie10: 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2022
Please I need help from anyone going to/ presently in University of Sunderland.

(1) (2) (3) ... (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.