Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris (5886 Views)

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 11:17am On May 22, 2011
You have the Internet at your beck and call search for it
grin
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 11:22am On May 22, 2011
@Azibalua

What are you laughing about ?

You guys have been proved to be full of crap. If CEC was really performing charitable acts -they should be available readily and do not have to be 'searched for'.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by andypash(m): 6:59pm On May 22, 2011
This is very interesting matter to talk about TUDOR and the rest of you complaining of pastor Chris weather you say good or bad of him first his not move only a man that is not convince of what his doing can easily be moved with other people view
Christ embassy has a missionary school in fact this innercity mission was form to take our young children off the street and hay guest here in Nigeria we have a school for them, we feed them and also give them accommodation
any one who is interested in visiting the innercity school can come to oregun where the school is located guest what for now is just primary and secondary but we are going to build university for these children yeah we will
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 9:39pm On May 22, 2011
EarsWide:

@Azibalua

What are you laughing about ?

You guys have been proved to be full of crap. If CEC was really performing charitable acts -they should be available readily and do not have to be 'searched for'.

Oops someone is very bitter
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 10:21pm On May 22, 2011
@Azibalua

Bitter? Why would i be ? he is not stealing my money.

I am very angry however that this fraud and others like him (Ashimolowo, Oyedepo & co) are able to sell false hope to the vulnerable in society.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 11:21pm On May 22, 2011
grin grin grin
You really are bitter.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by inedi: 11:38pm On May 22, 2011
EarsWide:

@Azibalua

Bitter? Why would i be ? he is not stealing my money.

I am very angry however that this fraud and others like him (Ashimolowo, Oyedepo & co) are able to sell false hope to the vulnerable in society.

you are a very poor man, only poor people think and talk like you do, poor people are the ones that criticize, rich people that have to give don't talk like you. big up man, come out of that low life, its meant for native doctors and idol worshipers.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 22, 2011
^^

As far as there are gullible people like you on this earth, fake preachers and impostors will continue to get richer and richer off your backs.

And there is a difference between working hard to get rich in comparison to milking the poor sheep of God like they are cash cows.

Shame on all those who preach and support this heretical false gospel.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 11:05am On May 23, 2011
frosbel:

^^

Shame on all those who preach and support this heretical false gospel.
Stop spitting on your own s-h-e-e-t this is bush nonsense. Let me tell you, you don't have any idea what it means to a pastor in CEC it is an alter of death to self and continuous responsibity of share sacrifies. Am not yet a pastor before you unleash the dragon but be it known unto you that some of the biggest givers are pastors so stop celebrate your folly in thinking that you know anything no you don't sorry to disappoint you
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 1:46pm On May 23, 2011
newmi:

Am not yet a pastor before you unleash the dragon but be it known unto you that some of the biggest givers are pastors

. . . .and who would you say are the beneficiaries of pastors giving. Where is pastor getting the money he's 'dashing' out
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 7:45pm On May 23, 2011
Where are you getting the money you so carefully hold back
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 11:04pm On May 23, 2011
Azibalua:

grin grin grin
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 6:09pm On May 24, 2011
Azibalua:

One thing i can tell you, it's not from tithe and offerings or even first fruit or offer 7 smiley I dont get paid for teaching half truth smiley i don't sell rhapsodies handouts. I've done some bit of teaching but always ensure i deliver the complete package, no need for the participants to buy my ROR handout smiley Paul would have been rolling in millions/billions of shekels if he was selling his writings/letters smiley Imagine how much his estate would have been grossing today smiley Anyways, it your turn to respond to my question smiley

Joagbaje:

grin grin grin

Bad timing angry you dont even know when to laugh angry truly sad sad
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 6:20pm On May 24, 2011
Zikkyy:

One thing i can tell you, it's not from tithe and offerings or even first fruit or offer 7 smiley I dont get paid for teaching half truth smiley i don't sell rhapsodies handouts. I've done some bit of teaching but always ensure i deliver the complete package, no need for the participants to buy my ROR handout smiley Paul would have been rolling in millions/billions of shekels if he was selling his writings/letters smiley Imagine how much his estate would have been grossing today smiley Anyways, it your turn to respond to my question smiley

Bad timing angry you dont even know when to laugh angry truly sad sad

Lovely Reply,

Imagine if Jesus collected tithes and "seeds", the guy would have been the richest man in history.  But that would have contradicted his view about the RICH man and the NEEDLE which our "prosperity" brethens always shy away from.

"My God is not a poor God", Pls when did God ever get concerned about earthly riches.

Hypocrites is too nice a word for their kind.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:46pm On May 24, 2011
dare2think:

Imagine if Jesus collected tithes and "seeds", the guy would have been the richest man in history.

And who told you Jesus wasn't collecting money?

But that would have contradicted his view about the RICH man and the NEEDLE which our "prosperity" brethens always shy away from.

Jesus wasnt saying it is wrong to have money. There is a different between a rich sinner and a rich saint. The saint gives his money to serve God. He is rich towards God.

"My God is not a poor God", Pls when did God ever get concerned about earthly riches.

All things belongs to God. He makes men rich.

Psalms 35:27
. . . .Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

He is not against our prosperity. He is against us putting our trust in riches. that will be idolatory .
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 7:12pm On May 24, 2011
Where a man's treasure is, there his heart also is.

Interestingly, these people never get satisfied (like fire) so their search and greed is inevitably in vain. They keep hoping, striving, claiming, lying and at the end of it all, end up dissatisfied & frustrated.

Godliness with contentment, is in itself, great gain. Nuff said
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 7:13pm On May 24, 2011
lol, Joagbaje

Please supply the evidence that Jesus collected Tithes and "seeds"

Did Jesus differentiate between the "rich sinner" or the "rich saint". Did he not say "rich man".

Why do you always give your own interpretations to justify your arguments. That is scary and fraudulent. You keep falling for the names that you are being accused of.

Pls correct me if I am wrong.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 7:23pm On May 24, 2011
^^^^
dare2think:

Please supply the evidence that Jesus collected Tithes and "seeds"

If they gave him their tithes , I may not know. I diddnt say he took tithes. But he sure received money and gifts.

Why do you always give your own interpretations to justify your arguments. That is scary and fraudulent. You keep falling for the names that you are being accused of.

Jesus was called fraud too . It's not an issue . I will still speak the truth.

Pls correct me if I am wrong.

You are
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 7:27pm On May 24, 2011
dare2think:

Did Jesus differentiate between the "rich sinner" or the "rich saint". Did he not say "rich man".

You missed this bit out.

I never mentioned Money in my post.

By the way, YOU ARE NOT JESUS.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 7:29pm On May 24, 2011

If you compare scriptures with scriptures , you will get the full revelation. Jesus had rich people that were sowing seed to his ministry . He didn't condemn them for being rich.

Luke 8:3
3 Joanna, whose husband Chusa was Herod's administrator; Susanna; and many other women. They provided financial support for Jesus and his disciples.

By the way, YOU ARE NOT JESUS

What has this got to do with me?.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 7:34pm On May 24, 2011
@dare2think: ^^

a thief always remains a thief except if God touches him. Some (like Judas) seem to have been created for damnation and as such, 30 pieces of silver always appeals to them more than truth and self-control.

For such people, fraudulence, greed, laziness, sloth and shallowness seem the path to profit, no matter how short lived, and so, like the dog that will get lost, they never hearken to the master's whistle.

Any lie is acceptable to them, as long as it has the prospect to bring cash to them
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 7:36pm On May 24, 2011
@ nukeboy?

Simple question, he keeps evading, funny guy I tell you

@ Joagbaje

Just answer the simple question

Did Jesus differentiate?
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 7:40pm On May 24, 2011
Joagbaje:

Jesus was called fraud too . It's not an issue . I will still speak the truth.

dare2think:

By the way, YOU ARE NOT JESUS.

Joagbaje:

What has this got to do with me?.

Stop the comparison then. undecided
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 7:48pm On May 24, 2011
dare2think:

Just answer the simple question
Did Jesus differentiate?

You should know by now if your questions are getting insincere , I will stop reponding to you. If it's ridicule you are out for. Bit if you seek truth and you want to discuss . Let's look into our bibles and see what God says. I didn't say Jesus differentiated . I dont like people who manipulate my posts to ridicule . I'm only trying to point to you the understanding of that passage. You believed by that passage that God is against being rich. And that's what I'm trying to correct. He is against a man putting trust in riches instead of God. But he is not against riches . That rich man had his trust in riches. He can't give.

1 Timothy 6:17
17 Tell those who have the riches of this world not to be arrogant and[b] not to place their confidence in anything as uncertain as riches[/b]. Instead, they should place their confidence in God who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.

He gave us everything to enjoy, but he would not want us to place trust in things. That's the point I'm trying to put across.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 8:21pm On May 24, 2011
Joagbaje:

You should know by now if your questions are getting insincere , I will stop reponding to you. If it's ridicule you are out for. Bit if you seek truth and you want to discuss .

Dude, that is your prerogative. If by challenging your assertions you call it ridicule then you, my friend, are afraid of the same truth that you speak of.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 8:25pm On May 24, 2011
Joagbaje:

You should know by now if your questions are getting insincere , I will stop reponding to you. If it's ridicule you are out for. Bit if you seek truth and you want to discuss . Let's look into our bibles and see what God says. I didn't say Jesus differentiated . I dont like people who manipulate my posts to ridicule .

You are guilty of the same offense you are accusing me of.

When did I mention that God is against being rich?
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 8:33pm On May 24, 2011
Joagbaje:

You should know by now if your questions are getting insincere , I will stop reponding to you. If it's ridicule you are out for. Bit if you seek truth and you want to discuss . Let's look into our bibles and see what God says. I didn't say Jesus differentiated . I dont like people who manipulate my posts to ridicule . I'm only trying to point to you the understanding of that passage. You believed by that passage that God is against being rich. And that's what I'm trying to correct. He is against a man putting trust in riches instead of God. But he is not against riches . That rich man had his trust in riches. He can't give.

I agree with the Bolded.

But you initiated that there is a difference between the "rich sinner" and the "rich saint". But Jesus never used those terms in the bible when he was discussing about the Rich man and the Needle.

But you chose to differentiate them yourself thereby distorting the real saying of Jesus Christ. Dont Think you can just come on a public forum and spew things unchallenged. Here is not a church congregation.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 7:08am On May 25, 2011
dare2think:

I agree with the Bolded.

But you initiated that there is a difference between the "rich sinner" and the "rich saint". But Jesus never used those terms in the bible when he was discussing about the Rich man and the Needle.

But you chose to differentiate them yourself thereby distorting the real saying of Jesus Christ. Dont Think you can just come on a public forum and spew things unchallenged. Here is not a church congregation.

I didn't say Jesus said so . I was giving an explanation of something to clarify your mind against wrong assumption. The religious idea people have of that passage is that Jesus is against a man being rich. And that if you're rich you will not enter heaven. If compared with other verses. You will see that the assumption is errorneous. Jesus was dealing with inability to give ,greed ,covetousness and trust in riches. Money is a servant. You need to have it and use to serve God.

Luke 12:19-20
19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

A righteous man is rich towards God . A wicked man is rich towards himself only. The problem is not the riches but the character . God delights in our prosperity. Which is contrary to what you are projecting.

Psalms 35:27
27 . . .Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 7:26am On May 25, 2011
dare2think:

Lovely Reply,
Imagine if Jesus collected tithes and "seeds", the guy would have been the richest man in history.  But that would have contradicted his view about the RICH man and the NEEDLE which our "prosperity" brethens always shy away from.
[/quote

What makes you feel he was not the richest man on earth?
What do you understand by the rich man and the needle?
If he was not concerned about earthly riches why did he create them?
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 4:37pm On May 25, 2011
Azibalua:

What makes you feel he was not the richest man on earth?
What do you understand by the rich man and the needle?
If he was not concerned about earthly riches why did he create them?

-Sighs-

Are you telling me the person that made this statement ;

Matthew 19:23-24 (New International Version)

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Was the richest man on earth?

Wow, I'm speechless.
Jesus even said it twice.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 4:45pm On May 25, 2011
This is what he said:

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

This is what you said:
Joagbaje:

And who told you Jesus wasn't collecting money?

Jesus wasnt saying it is wrong to have money. There is a different between a rich sinner and a rich saint. The saint gives his money to serve God. He is rich towards God.

All things belongs to God. He makes men rich.

He even mentioned it twice for clarification, yet your are still trying to dilute and twist it to justify yourself.   Ofcourse if you use it (riches) to serve God it is commendable but it still does not change what Jesus said.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 6:12pm On May 25, 2011
dare2think:

-Sighs-

Are you telling me the person that made this statement ;

Matthew 19:23-24 (New International Version)

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the [b][color=#990000]eye of a needle[/color] than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”[/b]
Was the richest man on earth?

Wow, I'm speechless.
Jesus even said it twice.

No grammar please,just answer the questions asked
And most especially what is the eye of a needle?
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? / Pope Francis Hosts Feathered Serpent God As Part Of Deity Exchange Program / See The Ebo "Sacrifice" I Offered To Esu In My Shrine [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.