Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,100 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris (5891 Views)

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by mabell: 10:14pm On May 19, 2011
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 6:31am On May 20, 2011
Pastor has a very large heart no wonder he always say ". . . every child is your child is your child".
Pastor Chris' concern and love for children is second to none why because the adult armed robber today was once the innocent child yesterday
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 6:37am On May 20, 2011
We must not let that child suffer another day,we must give a helping hand and take them off the street for whether we like it or not,they are our kids
We must leave the selfish mentality of catering for only those who we gave birth to. There is a destiny we all can help them build.
Not many of us could think this way before,not just think alone but also carry out actions in this direction.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Jenifa1: 6:43am On May 20, 2011
I doubt he will pull it off. Pastor Chris is running a for profit business not a charity organization. that is very obvious
I just hope he doesn't take advantage of the poor people further.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:46am On May 20, 2011
How?
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:49am On May 20, 2011
This is just one out of the million things the man of God does for children and less privilege all over the world. I remember his popular phrase " EVERY CHILD IS YOUR CHILD"
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by kris2glo: 7:08am On May 20, 2011
Great job there wink

For me that is pretty awesome and I emulate it.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by inedi: 7:11am On May 20, 2011
Children are God's heritage so did the bible say, a song writer ones said " give love to the children, show them that you care, let your love come from the buttom of your heart" and also a book writer ones said, "A Child's Chances Of Escaping Anger And Injustice In The Society Is Dependent One Man His Father

newmi:

". . . every child is your child".
Pastor Chris' concern and love for children is second to none why because the adult armed robber today was once the innocent child yesterday
True saying newmi " Every Child Is Your Child"

I remamber when i was a child, i was not trained by just my parents, we had other people help correct us when we went wrong.
When i was in primary school a Police man slapped me, because i past him without greeting him, as simple as it may sound or look, but it helped change my attitude. from that day i greeted every body, small and big, my seniors and Juniors

Help sponsor a child today, bring him/her out of that slum, give them a feature.

My Pastor ones said, that when ever he sees old women on trailers traveling far distance with their goods maybe tomato's etc, He wonders, this woman could have being a Doctor, Lawyer, Banker, etc who knows.

So i say to you today, save a child today, with an opportunity to be that which God has destined for Him/Here.
God is counting on you.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 8:13am On May 20, 2011
If this is a proper program and is not window dressing - I commend CEC.

Christianity has and will always be about helping the needy in society.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by KunleOshob(m): 8:39am On May 20, 2011
I am still not impressed with their so called innercity mission. Evidently a very minute fraction of their mega income is being spent on it hence their impact is not being felt in society despite all the billions they rake in. The even more annoying things is that this thread is designed to glorify Oyaks as if it is his money being used for the cause in the first instance. Helping those in need is a primary goal of the church and no church or pastor deserves any special accolade for doing what they are supposed to be doing in the first instance.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 8:39am On May 20, 2011
EarsWide:

Christianity has and will always be about helping the needy in society.

Very true and may I ask how you have done this in your own way
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 8:43am On May 20, 2011
I am still not impressed with their so called innercity mission

Nobody is trying to impress anybody cheesy
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 8:48am On May 20, 2011
@Azibalua

you said
Very true and may I ask how you have done this in your own way

That is between me and God - I am not collecting tithes and offerings from the public, am I ?
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 9:01am On May 20, 2011
Something like the inner city missions is not only between you and god,the public is also involved cos it affects them in a positive way
The question is have you done anything like this for the public?
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 9:25am On May 20, 2011
@Azibalua

Like I said before, I dont collect money from the public so I dont have to account for what I do to anyone but God.

Churches collect money from the public in the form of tithes and offerings - so should account for the money they collect.

By the way the InnerCity mission does not in any way change my feelings about Oyaks - he is a charlatan with fried hair and a fake accent. Anything done to help the needy in society should be commended but the man is a fraud.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 9:29am On May 20, 2011
KunleOshob:

I am still not impressed with their so called innercity mission.

KunleOshob:

The even more annoying things is that this thread is designed to glorify Oyaks

It's pastor chris innercity missions, not christ embassy smiley So pastor chris can take the glory smiley
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 9:33am On May 20, 2011
EarsWide:

Churches collect money from the public in the form of tithes and offerings - so should account for the money they collect.

I agree smiley publicly quoted companies are required to give more disclosures smiley
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Nobody: 9:39am On May 20, 2011
After reading the words and opinions of the christ embasssy members, I have come to the conclusion that these people are not even a church.

This is a Cult of Personality built around chris and the topic of this video, the contents of the video and the members' convergence on the thread to heap praise on the man should be the conclusive evidence of this.

Also after watching the "little pastor chris" video about the 2.5 year baby who christians claim is actually "preaching" instead of just mimicking what she sees adults do constantly, it became even more apparent .
 "out of the mouth of babes i will ordain praise" or it's the holy spirit speaking through her ? NO, that poor baby is been mentally handicapped with that constant indoctrination. Hell, l if I allowed myself to be willfully ignorant and actually believe in christianity,  I still won't be gullible enough to believe that a 2.5 year old girl's glossolalia and admonition to "BE LIKE PASTOR CHRIS" is actually coming from the "holy spirit".
The poor child didn't say "be like jesus" she said pastor chris;  and since it's nothing but mimicry, a reasonable and objective person would say that this is a CULT OF PERSONALITY because that's what the "adults" like mabell do around her all the time.

And this video is nothing but pure propaganda!!!!!!!
Sure some good came out of the act, afterall the kids now have clean water but watching them dancing in the rain to express their appreciation and all the choreography, it's easy to see it for what i treally is, propaganda and advertisement.

F_cking Sad!
A cult of personality arises when an individual uses mass media, propaganda, or other methods, to create an idealized and heroic public image, often through unquestioning flattery and praise
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Tudor6(f): 9:49am On May 20, 2011
Same Old rubbish, Probably every 6 months, go out one sunday, give food, old clothes, take pictures, videos then come broadcast on LoveTV. What happens to these poor people after?

Where is christ embassies Visible impact on social welfare in Nigeria? Everywhere you go, you see new branches cropping up, ask the next man on the street and they can point you to five christ embassy offices within a 3KM radius. Meanwhile you will probably need US military Intelligence to find in the whole of Nigeria, one Hospice, motherless babies home, free primary health clinic, school, vocational centre for the poor set up by christ embassy.

The early missionaries with not much in terms of cash or resources, built institutions that benefited the poor and many of them still stand to this day 100 years later. Many of you wretched souls have even benefited from such institutions. As we were driving around today I can recall seeing schools, an aged peoples home, motherless babies home, and a clinic set up originally by the early missionaries many many years ago still standing Today. Where are the works of christ embassy? I challenge any CEC member to provide me addresses of such set up by CEC.

Every child is your child by arse, Lying fools
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Nobody: 9:55am On May 20, 2011
Tudór:

Same Old rubbish, Probably every 6 months, go out one sunday, give food, old clothes, take pictures, videos then come broadcast on LoveTV. What happens to these poor people after?

Where is christ embassies Visible impact on social welfare in Nigeria? Everywhere you go, you see new branches cropping up, ask the next man on the street and they can point you to five christ embassy offices within a 3KM radius. Meanwhile you will probably need US military Intelligence to find in the whole of Nigeria, one Hospice, motherless babies home, free primary health clinic, school, vocational centre for the poor set up by christ embassy.

The early missionaries with not much in terms of cash or resources, built institutions that benefited the poor and many of them still stand to this day 100 years later. Many of you wretched souls have even benefited from such institutions. As we were driving around today I can recall seeing schools, an aged peoples home, motherless babies home, and a clinic set up originally by the early missionaries many many years ago still standing Today. Where are the works of christ embassy? I challenge any CEC member to provide me addresses of such set up by CEC.

Hey Tudor, grin Finally, a post from a reasonable black female!!! There is hope!!!
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 10:21am On May 20, 2011
KunleOshob:

I am still not impressed with their so called innercity mission. Evidently a very minute fraction of their mega income is being spent on it hence their impact is not being felt in society despite all the billions they rake in.  
am not supprised l didn't even expect the least from you or any of your other comrades afterall even the devil won't be impressed himself but who cares.

KunleOshob:

The even more annoying things is that this thread is designed to glorify Oyaks
if thats what you see then am sorry you might need the urgent attention of an Optometrist with immediate alacrity

KunleOshob:

Helping those in need is a primary goal of the church
Who thought you that junk? otherwise what do you make of this
Mark 16:15-16 "Go ye into all the world, and preach THE GOSPEL to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth nit shall be damned"
or you never see am before?

what about this
Acts 6:1-4
"And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration. Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, IT IS NOT REASON THAT WE SHOULD LEAVE THE WORD OF GOD, AND SERVE TABLES. . . But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and TO THE MINSTRY OF THE WORD

PLEASE KINDLY SEEK SOME PLACE ELSE TO VENT YOUR PERSONAL BEFF WITH SOME YOU ADMIRE BUT TOO PROUD TO ADMIT SO YOU CAN'T HAVE BUT CAN ONLY DREAM AND WISH
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 10:29am On May 20, 2011
Tudór:

Thats why you would soon need an operationg to be done on it get ready your pie is growing real fast
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Tudor6(f): 10:54am On May 20, 2011
newmi:

Thats why you would soon need an operationg to be done on it get ready your pie is growing real fast

***BIG FAT YAWN***

Did you not see my challenge to you goons? If I said Newmi, please give me the address to the nearest CEC branch in my locality so I can go and be a partner, in 3 seconds you'll be here with links showing detailed addresses, maps with longitude and latitude.

So Newmi I ask you people again, Give me addresses to CEC's social welfare institutions that benefit the poor, Schools, hospitals, hospices, vocational centres, clinics, even common police post, Anything!, Why is this so hard and painful for you people to do?

1 Like

Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 11:16am On May 20, 2011
@Newmi

The ball is in your court ,
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by eyzhvntsn: 11:35am On May 20, 2011
@ op

Long hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

What a load of crock! And this is supposed to make it all okay?
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 11:43am On May 20, 2011
EarsWide:

@Azibalua
Like I said before, I dont collect money from the public so I dont have to account for what I do to anyone but God.
By the way the InnerCity mission does not in any way change my feelings about Oyaks - he is a charlatan with fried hair and a fake accent. Anything done to help the needy in society should be commended but the man is a fraud.
Since you do not pay your tithe I don't think you have any right whatsoever to talk about others who do, and mind you our tithes and offerings go to god and they are blessed by him.
Since it goes to god don't you think he is a better accountant and knows how to deal with those who mismanage his funds.
We should commend pastor chris for the inner city mission initiative and still call him a fraud.
How naive.
And if you really are involved with helping the needy why not share your experience with people on Nairaland so as to encourage them to do more instead of castigating those who are spending everything they have to help the world.

1 Like

Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 12:37pm On May 20, 2011
@Azibalua.

Pls dont call Oyaks 'Pastor Chris' - it is an insult to real pastors everywhere.

Oyaks is a fraud because:
1) He lies about miracles hence his been banned by the NBC.
2) His money grabbing activities such as charging N1000 for the new year service
3) His fried hair  grin
4) His fake accent.

I repeat again when I start to collect tithes and offerings from members of the public - you can ask me to account for my charitable deeds, until then you can ,

How are the tithes and offerings go to God if the pastors are buying planes, expensive cars and mansions ? The tithes and offerings are going to Mercedes Benz, Cessna and GulfStream.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 2:28pm On May 20, 2011
@ Tudor
Your ignorance of who the church is as the body of Christ, her purpose, and primary mission on earth is more obvious than l thought. Anyway young man l wish you well on your forth coming operation hope you come out alive
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 2:36pm On May 20, 2011
newmi:

@ Tudor
Your ignorance of who the church is as the body of Christ, her purpose, and primary mission on earth is more obvious than l thought. Anyway young man l wish you well on your forth coming operation hope you come out alive

If this is the kind of Christianity you are defending, then  shocked

Very Sad.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 2:37pm On May 20, 2011
Tudór:

***BIG FAT YAWN***

Did you not see my challenge to you goons? If I said Newmi, please give me the address to the nearest CEC branch in my locality so I can go and be a partner, in 3 seconds you'll be here with links showing detailed addresses, maps with longitude and latitude.

So Newmi I ask you people again, Give me addresses to CEC's social welfare institutions that benefit the poor,  Schools, hospitals, hospices, vocational centres, clinics, even common police post,  Anything!,  Why is this so hard and painful for you people to do?

The church is not a charity organisation. And the church is not called to do what government should be doing. So when you see the church leaving the primary responsibility to help out in the society. You should commend it or keep quiet.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by eyzhvntsn: 4:16pm On May 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

The church is not a charity organisation. And the church is not called to do what government should be doing. So when you see the church leaving the primary responsibility to help out in the society. You should commend it or keep quiet.

Are you for real? 

Pray tell, what the church was doing in Acts then if what you say above is so.

You are the one who needs to keep quiet.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 4:39pm On May 20, 2011
eyzhvntsn:

Are you for real? 

Pray tell, what the church was doing in Acts then if what you say above is so.

You are the one who needs to keep quiet.

What the church owes the world is the responsibility of the preaching of the gospel. That is what Jesus sent the church to do. There is charity work in the church also but it's primarily among it's members and not out side it is not church duty to build bus stops borehole and road construction or feeding the masses. It is the government job. The government should be held responsible for such. But if you find the church helping out one way or the other , such church should be applauded .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's Prediction For Super Eagles "All Shall Be Well" - TB Joshua's / Happy Easter Nairalanders / Prometheus Has Probably Converted Me!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.