Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris (5889 Views)

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 6:51pm On May 25, 2011
^^^

- Shakes head-

If you can't understand or refuse to understand my reply, shame.

Again, no point having a constructive engagment with you.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 7:28pm On May 25, 2011
dare2think:

^^^

- Shakes head-

If you can't understand or refuse to understand my reply, shame.

Again, no point having a constructive engagment with you.
grin grin grin grin grin shocked
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 7:45pm On May 25, 2011
^^^ @dare2think:

You have NO stake in these matters except truth & reason.

Your opponent(s) hope/try to make money from this scam. They are lazy indolent loose legged xters (the females) and greedy wretches desperate to look big (the males).

So they will lie, manipulate and even use multiple IDs to confer the impression of a conversation with themselves. Your current foe will pretend not to understand to move you far away from the salient points you have made just so nobody sees them. Next will come the attempt to make you lose your calm at which point you'll be accused of not being a Christian since you lost your cool.

Don't waste your time. Say your piece and avoid talking with the lower scum.

Whist at the matter, Jesus (ON EARTH) did said he had no place to lay His Head - if that was the richest man alive, I wonder if Bill Gates is the poorest human today. Where they miss it is trying to claim they as "gods" have they same position as Jesus did - to buttress that, they needs must say He was rich on earth. Maybe our prayer for them (in fact, my prayer for them forthwith) is that since they say they are same as Jesus HERE, God should give them the wealth Jesus took upon Himself on earth and not a jot more. On other matters, just as Jesus personal righteousness was counted for Him, their OWN PERSONAL righteousness in day to day dealings should then stand for them before God in the hereafter - just as the Christ's own did!
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 7:54pm On May 25, 2011
@ nuclearboy

-shakes head again-

How can one ever blame the athiests.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 8:06pm On May 25, 2011
^^ A question many of us have asked on this forum over the years.

You look at these people and almost would blame God for their rot, their vacuity and the poison they are and spread but then, realize God warned against them repeatedly in Scripture.

Those who rebel have stilted or not-solid scriptural grounding or are too academic in understanding and thus put the blame on God thus turning away from Him.

Its sad and I can fully understand why Elijah slaughtered their predecessors, Moses asked the ground to swallow them, John the Baptist named them Vipers and Christ Himself went to town using some very rich vocabulary to describe them. Leeches, slovenly, naughty offspring of naughty parents, totally amoral and without shame or recourse to decency, these are those that should have been used as canned food to breed guard-dogs for guarding prisons
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 9:12pm On May 25, 2011
@nuclearboy

Well said!
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 12:00am On May 26, 2011
@ nuclearboy

Are you implying that Jesus christ was not rich
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 10:29am On May 26, 2011
Azibalua:

@ nuclearboy

Are you implying that Jesus christ was not rich
My sister please e don reach to ask. Because l often wonder if these people have scriptures like this detached from their bibles

2 Corinthians 8:9
"For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich"
now some persons like that nuclear bonboi will be quick to want to say "oh the bible was refering to spiritual riches" sorry to disappoint you it doesn't suggest such from the context. Jesus was rich and well funded other for starters how would he had comfortably feed and cater for all his daily needs
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 11:53am On May 26, 2011
newmi:

My sister please e don reach to ask. Because l often wonder if these people have scriptures like this detached from their bibles

"For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich"
now some persons like that nuclear bonboi will be quick to want to say "oh the bible was refering to spiritual riches" sorry to disappoint you it doesn't suggest such from the context. Jesus was rich and well funded other for starters how would he had comfortably feed and cater for all his daily needs

yet he said this?

dare2think:

Matthew 19:23-24 (New International Version)

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 11:55am On May 26, 2011
So Newmi,

Which context are we to believe?

I agree with this person's context;

1) His pre-existence, because he became poor. He had been rich. Yet not in this world. He did not lay aside wealth here on earth after he had possessed it, for he had none. He was not first rich and then poor on earth, for he had no earthly wealth. The Socinian interpretation is, that he was "rich in power and in the Holy Spirit;" but it was not true that he laid these aside, and that he became poor in either of them. He had power, even in his poverty, to still the waves, and to raise the dead, and he was always full of the Holy Spirit. His family was poor; and his parents were poor; and he was himself poor all his life. This then must refer to a state of antecedent riches before his assumption of human nature; and the expression is strikingly parallel to that in Philippians 2:6 ff. "Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God, but made himself of no reputation," etc.

(2) he was rich as the Lord and proprietor of all things. He was the Creator of all John 1:3; Colossians 1:16, and as Creator he had a right to all things, and the disposal of all things. The most absolute right which can exist is that acquired by the act of creation; and this right the Son of God possessed over all gold, and silver, and diamonds, and pearls; over all earth and lands; over all the treasures of the ocean, and over all worlds. The extent and amount of his riches, therefore, is to be measured by the extent of his dominion over the universe; and to estimate his riches, therefore, we are to conceive of the scepter which he sways over the distant worlds. What wealth has man that can compare with the riches of the Creator and Proprietor of all? How poor and worthless appears all the gold that man can accumulate compared with the wealth of him whose are the silver, and the gold, and the cattle upon a thousand hills?

Yet for your sakes - That is, for your sakes as a part of the great family that was to be redeemed. In what respect it was for their sake, the apostle immediately adds when he says, it was that they might be made rich. It was not for his own sake, but it was for ours.

He became poor - In the following respects:

(1) He chose a condition of poverty, a rank of life that was usually that of poverty. He "took upon himself the form of a servant;" Philippians 2:7.

(2) he was connected with a poor family. Though of the family and lineage of David Luke 2:4, yet the family had fallen into decay, and was poor. In the Old Testament he is beautifully represented as a shoot or sucker that starts up from the root of a decayed tree; see my note on Isaiah 11:1.

(3) his whole life was a life of poverty. He had no home; Luke 9:58. He chose to be dependent on the charity of the few friends that he drew around him, rather than to create food for the abundant supply of his own needs. He had no farms or plantations; he had no splendid palaces; he had no money hoarded in useless coffers or in banks; he had no property to distribute to his friends. His mother he commended when he died to the charitable attention of one of his disciples John 19:27, and all his personal property seems to have been the raiment which he wore, and which was divided among the soldiers that crucified him. Nothing is more remarkable than the difference between the plans of the Lord Jesus and those of many of his followers and professed friends. He formed no plan for becoming rich, and he always spoke with the deepest earnestness of the dangers which attend an effort to accumulate property. He was among the most poor of the sons of people in his life; and few have been the people on earth who have not had as much as he had to leave to surviving friends, or to excite the cupidity of those who should fall heirs to their property when dead.

(4) he died poor. He made no will in regard to his property, for he had none to dispose of. He knew well enough the effect which would follow if he had amassed wealth, and had left it to be divided among his followers. They were very imperfect; and even around the cross there might have been anxious discussion, and perhaps strife about it, as there is often now over the coffin and the unclosed grave of a rich and foolish father who has died. Jesus intended that his disciples should never be turned away from the great work to which he called them by any wealth which he would leave them; and he left them not even a keepsake as a memorial of his name. All this is the more remarkable from two considerations
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 12:16pm On May 26, 2011
Do not potray Jesus as someone concerned with Riches just to justify and suit your doctrine. It is shameful and Deceitful.

If Jesus was rich, Who did he leave the earthly riches with??

Peter? Thomas? His mother?

-shakes head-

The problem with Christianity are the so called Christians themselves.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 9:34pm On May 26, 2011
@dare2think:

The hungry okada-rider dog actually said the following himself

"For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes [size=18pt]he became poor[/size], that ye through his poverty might be rich"

Is a "poor" person rich?
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 8:50am On May 27, 2011
This is the substitutionary work of Christ Jesus, He took our place in death so that we might become alive unto God having being reconciled to the Father in His death
Colosians 1:21-22
"And you that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled. In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in His sight"

2 Corithians 5:21
"For He had made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him"

Jesus profoundly said while quoting lsaiah the prophet
Luke 4:18
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised"
the gospel is goodnews, what other good news could one bring to a poor man other than that
that brings an end to is poverty.
please Christianity is not a password to poverty
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 9:00am On May 27, 2011
nuclearboy:

@dare2think:

The hungry okada-rider dog actually said the following himself

Is a "poor" person rich?
l spit on this
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 7:21am On May 30, 2011
I saw the inner city mission children do a match past during the childrens day in Abuja at the venue for the childrens day parade.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 7:24am On May 30, 2011
@ dare2think
You still have not explained what you understand by the eye of a needle
Am waiting please shocked
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 8:11am On May 30, 2011
Azibalua:

@ dare2think
You still have not explained what you understand by the eye of a needle
Am waiting please shocked
please wait a little more
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by free123: 9:14am On May 30, 2011
this rich-poverty thing is only confusing to those who think that christianity is all about material acquisition.
Christ went about preaching not acquiring wealth, paul did same and other apostle did likewise.
What we have today are pastors acquiring materialism, establishing chains of businesses all over
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dare2think: 10:20am On May 30, 2011
Today, let me feed the trolls.

Jesus said :

Matthew 19:23-24 (New International Version)

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

The above is what I understand by the "eye of the needle". Exactly what Jesus said, It is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Heaven is the aspiration of any TRUE CHRISTIAN

The saying was a response to a young rich man who had asked Jesus what he needed to do in order to inherit eternal life. Jesus replied that he should keep the commandments, to which the man stated he had done. Jesus responded, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

The young man became sad and was unwilling to do this.

before I go here is another version of the "eye of the needle"

Many have misunderstood the message of Christ in these words, for they have mistakenly equated “the eye of a needle” with a sewing needle. Camels do not go through the eye of a sewing needle, so this makes little sense. In the days of Christ cities were surrounded by walls for protection against invading enemies. Gates were set in the walls to allow people and materials to come and go. These gates were closed at night and in times of danger, but it was still necessary to allow a limited flow of people in and out. Therefore, built into the large gates was a small door which could be opened to let a man in or out. This small door was called “the eye of the needle.”

Camels at the time were used for transport of goods. They would be piled high with merchandise and goods to be traded. If a man came to the gates after they had been closed and needed to enter, it was possible to go through and take his camel along, but it was very difficult. The master of the camel would have to take all the merchandise off of the camel, and the camel would have to go through the gate on his knees.

This is a picture of how a rich man must enter the kingdom of heaven. Getting on one’s knees speaks of humility, and removing all the goods from the camel’s back speaks of the necessity of Christians being unburdened from their possessions.

Matthew 19:21-22 Yahshua said to him, "If you wish to be perfect, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me." But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieved; for he was one who owned much property.

Source:  http://thelatterdays..com/2010/04/wilderness-survival-for-christians-part_07.html.

Whichever way you choose to look at it, it is still hard for a rich man to enter heaven according to Christ?  You may not understand the above  if you find it hard to comprehend with written English.

So, newmi and azibula, I have answered the questions. Now, let me return it to you.

WHAT DO YOU UNDERSTAND BY " THE EYE OF THE NEEDLE" according to how Jesus mentioned it in the bible.

Please do not reply, if it has nothing to do with JESUS.

Eye of the needle
Camel.

Pictures included to enhance understanding. (Children loves pictures)

Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Snowwy: 1:44pm On May 30, 2011
Inner City Missions, keep up the good work of helping the needy. God bless you.

For all those who never see anything good in this mission's act but rather judge/castigate it, keep it up. God will ask you what you yourselves have done to help people in the same measure and scale you judge these people. Better have a good response then.

Matthew 7:2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Cheers.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by mabell: 6:38pm On May 30, 2011
i can't wait for another opportunity to be a part of this
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by dandong: 12:35pm On Jun 24, 2011
The Innercity Mission is a CE part whose mission is to take care of the needy.

You see organizations that take care of the needy, have a strong desire and that is to help the less privileged and are funded by what some call "well wishers" etc.

They always accept gifts in "CASH and KIND" remember this so you will not be deceived. I said cash and kind!

Now at CE the kind part is not open WHY?? simple how then will Pastor Chris PhD I mean Pastor Chris GFP buy expensive suits. Any genuine organization that depends on receiving something from others will accept old clothes, shoes, fridges,stoves etc not Christ Embassy because how will they sell them to buy posh cars everyone will see(those who really love God and abhor evil), but with money it is easy they(givers) obviously don' know how much they are giving.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 7:58am On Jun 25, 2011
^^
what is your source of info?
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by fyneguy: 8:34am On Jun 25, 2011
dare2think:

yet he said this?

Dare2think,

Please read verses 25 and 26 of the same chapter and tell us what you make of it.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 9:16am On Jun 25, 2011
@ fyneguy
fyneguy:

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

You have given me a new revelation fyneguy. So in essence Jesus is saying that a man in the flesh cannot combine wealth and spirituality together. But with God , a spiritual man can combine both . Wealth and spirituality. I like that .you know it agrees with other biblical truths. Against what many sense knowledge religious people believe saying that wealth can only come by the devil or that you must be sinful to have prosperity. Divine riches comes with righteousness.

Proverbs 8:18
18 Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by fyneguy: 12:26am On Jun 26, 2011
Jo

Thatz exactly the point.

In verse 25, did you notice the disciples were ''astonished'' and had to ask ''Who then can be saved?'' i.e if the rich could not be saved, who then?

If the disciples were poor, they would not be astonished, let alone ask ''who then, ''. A poor man would say ''I knew it! we are the ones to make heaven. I pity those rich men. They'd better be like us'' grin
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 11:34am On Jun 26, 2011
^^^^^

This is mind blowing , I will study it all over again.
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by danielgreat(m): 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2012
sad i really dont understand the way people think;what have they done for the child living on their street.pastor chris thanks for changing our societies for good.some people are just evil
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by danielgreat(m): 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
danielgreat: sad i really dont understand the way people think;what have they done for the child living on their street.pastor chris thanks for changing our societies for good.some people are just evil
Re: The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris by moilovie: 11:00pm On Jun 27, 2012
Wow just saw this. A lot of people are so unbelivable, Good a thing i was part of the team that renovated a government school. we spent millions doing it. I have to ask for the before and after pictures . The state deputy gov even came for the occasion. This past may we took medicaid, clothes, food writing materials to a slum part of a city in the east. Like twice a year clothes and food stuff is been sent to these particular areas. I know a lot of you here dont even shop twice a year. Dont critize what you dont have enough information on. Gather your facts first before you start insulting memebers of the church. We give lot yeah.. nobody is forced to give and besides if you want to know what the money is used for join a committte dont be on the outside and yap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Child Indoctrination / See The Ebo "Sacrifice" I Offered To Esu In My Shrine [photos] / What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.