Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Jumia Vs Konga, Which Is The Best Place To Sell. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jumia Vs Konga, Which Is The Best Place To Sell. (830 Views)

Jumia Vs Jiji(2022); Which Is A Better Platform To Shop Online / PLEASE HELP!!! Jumia Or Konga Which Should I Use For My E-comerce Biz. / Jumia VS Konga - Which Platform Do You Use MOST To Order For Products Online? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jumia Vs Konga, Which Is The Best Place To Sell. by holaruc(m): 7:33am On Aug 22, 2021
Probably you're thinking of where to start selling online, arguably konga and jumia is the best place with millions of customers or buyers at your disposal,

here is a personal experience I had selling on both platform for the first three months.
Selling on both platforms as a new seller could be frustrating but konga is still a bit considerate as you could call the customer service on phone, while you can't contact jumia on call as a seller the number will tell you due to covid19 bla bla bla.
Secondly I'll like to compare their timelines in payment for you as a new seller, which is the most important aspect to a seller, jumia policy will add extra 7 days to the normal 7days you're expecting payment for goods sold, I.e if you sell a product on the first(1) of august, and its delivered to buyer on the seven(7)of same month kindly expect your payment on the 21or 22 of the month, that's about 22days, jumia can choose to pay you this way for the first 3 months or after 6 sales, but konga will only apply this hard rule on your first sale, after which you'll be paid seven days after the buyer get their product .
One Striking thing I note is updating of product status, konga will update almost immediately a customer pay to your escrow but jumia won't until the deadline day(NOTE* payment will start counting immediately after update the faster payment status update the faster you get payment vice versa).
In conclusion, base on customer service konga is better, base on quick payment personally I'll go with konga as I can call then anytime to show my displeasure, but base on number of buyers on the platform I'll go for jumia since they have more buyers than konga, Note: you can hardly sell or get shop visibility or konga if you don't subscribe at least #2500 monthly, but you can sell with good visibility for free on jumia.
**this is written on personal observation in the last 3 months, their policy changes from time to time, selling online is not as easy as anything, its challenging at times consider factors like nearness to your store as this will decide the cost of transporting it to their shipping station hence it'll affect your profit and how competitive your price could be with other seller's price, you'll also need good capital and commitment to thrive.
Re: Jumia Vs Konga, Which Is The Best Place To Sell. by nifemi25(m): 8:04am On Aug 22, 2021
Will like to know if you can put me through on how to sell on no h jumia and konga ?
Re: Jumia Vs Konga, Which Is The Best Place To Sell. by flexydote(m): 8:24am On Aug 22, 2021
Jiji .ng

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Sell My Paypal Funds? / I Need Small But Effective Solar Kit For Laptop And Phones / Enabling Online Business For Nigerians In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.