Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

How Do You Personally Hear From God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Personally Hear From God? (9406 Views)

Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? / Abimbola Adunni Adelakun: Father Mbaka Did NOT Hear From God / What's Your Proof God Knows You Personally. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by Oracleforce: 2:45pm On Aug 22, 2021
doing what none of your Islamic Jihadists nations cannot do...religion of cruelty and wickedness.

As at today , Afghanistan is one of the poorest country in the whole world.. - make your finding....
this is the time the Islamic nations worldwide need to support Afghanistan but none can....except to train terrorists, banditry, pedophiles, sucide bombers, etc.
AntiChristian:

So what's USA doing in Afghanistan for the last decade?
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2021
Dreams mostly and my inner thoughts.
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by frozen70(f): 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2021
prettypraise:
I hear from God through His word, and I personally hear from God through dreams, through planted thoughts, through witness in my spirit... God has shown me a lot through dreams, and my obedience has saved me much, while my insensitivity cost me a lot.
How do you hear from God?

I hear from God through a very faint voice that speaks to me when I am in a dilemma
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by Amazing2020: 3:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
God do speak to me through dreams and I do hear voice at midnight during quiet hour
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2021
Unclesamo:

unity & unreal engine
E choke o!

That guy dey live inside ps5.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by whirlout: 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
There is no such thing...nobody is talking to anybody. Let's stop all these delusion. Anyone claiming they do is simply deluded, pastors included.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by prosper87: 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2021
Most times it could be difficult for man to discern the voice of God from the voice of self.

But while reading this book called 'Pilgrims Progress' by John Buyan, a character mentioned something called the 'eyes of understanding', and according to this character, that is the way through which he saw Jesus. The Bible verse provided to support it was Ephesians 1:18,19. So, drawing from this statement, in order to hear God, I assume we must also have an 'ear of understanding' as well, an ear that could distinguish between the voice of Self from the voice of God.

To have this ear, we need to regularly do things that awaken our spirit, things like fasting, praying, reading and meditating on the scriptures etc. come across as good examples. Also, diligence and consistency of our desires to hear Him is very important key.
Someone also earlier mentioned that we should have 'a pure heart'. That's also very important too. That's why we need the Holy Spirit in this respect.

Above all, Jesus is 'the Way', the Truth and the Life. To really know God, the way is through Jesus; and to know Jesus, it is through God(Jesus ,while asking his disciples who they thought he was, after which Peter answered that he is the Son of God, said that no other person could have revealed this to Peter except through God--- Peter knew that Jesus is the Son of God through God himself;and there are some instances in the Bible in which Jesus succinctly mentioned that through him can we know God more). The emphasis must be on the central figure of Christianity, JESUS CHRIST

And please, the Christian race is a personal one, and no one would run it for us except we ourselves. Our personal lives matters a lot. Pastors are running theirs, we also must run ours.

Shalom..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by Duru009(m): 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2021
Make the WORD your lifestyle, study it and speak it....

God will naturally speak to YOU !!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by 22jumpstreet: 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2021
owagbeba:

How is you instinct now God? This is ludicrous!

Well, because God's spirit dwells within me...
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by greatmerit12: 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2021
Christians are only deceiving themselves with this hearing directly from God, a Christian hear from God that Jesus is God and the other hear from God that Jesus is not God, who is hearing from the fake one between them?
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by gumkord(f): 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2021
Thank God for He has never abandoned me spiritually and physically, He always speaks to me through dream, for the fact that am a sinner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by Princewell2012(m): 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2021
henry457:
we have alot in common. God has been communicating with me through all these means.Lately i observed i have the gift of trans also.I wished I have the power to avert some of the events God has shown me that are about to manifest.most of them have come to pass. I wish I can say more but here is not the right place to express myself
can you send me a mail lets talks about it? I also want to learn from you.
Thanks
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by orunto27: 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
I GIVE YOUR FATHERS AND MY PROPHETS DREAMS TO SHOW YOU MY WAYS.
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by AntiChristian: 9:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
Oracleforce:
doing what none of your Islamic Jihadists nations cannot do...religion of cruelty and wickedness.

As at today , Afghanistan is one of the poorest country in the whole world.. - make your finding....
this is the time the Islamic nations worldwide need to support Afghanistan but none can....except to train terrorists, banditry, pedophiles, sucide bombers, etc.

It's sad to know that you are ignorant and want to be ignorant.

Alright. May you be cured.
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by AntiChristian: 9:26pm On Aug 22, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

You're absolutely correct. Muhammed don't hear shi1t

You're right! He heard better things.

Your dad too Don't hear shit.
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by 0dav2(m): 9:30pm On Aug 22, 2021
Abegi abegi i no want talk haha
Una too get problem for this nairaland!

*Those saying God talks to no one, but you talk to yourself to control your temper, to eat, smoke weed we dey make you talk this rubbish abi, I'll leave you guys to think the rest for yourselves* mtcheew

***Very angry***
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by Kobojunkiee: 9:30pm On Aug 22, 2021
MyExpression:
I've come to realise that there's no formula in Christianity ooo.
A pure heart towards God, ensures a koinonia with Him.
Coz people have fasted, prayed, sow seed, tithe, evangelise, do every every...yet, nothing come out.
Just have a pure heart of righteousness, you and God go dey ball steady.
I am afraid you are wrong. Jesus Christ did a formulae and hint after hint on what the way is too. Jesus Christ never asked anyone to fast( starve oneself), pray(in the way that most do), jor did He ask anyone to sow "seeds" in His name or tithe. undecided

Your "pure" heart is meaningless to God so long as refuse to do as He commands. undecided
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by AntiChristian: 9:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
Edyice:

Bless who shocked

allah who advised child sex

You don’t know what you are saying

You don’t even know what you believe
Same allah who people kill for

Kill Christian for 92 virgins

Same allah bokoharam and issi serves .. ( don’t make me laugh)

Or are you saying it’s same allah that makes rules and regulations for only the poor (maybe your haven’t seen lifeless dullard buhari sons wedding)

Maybe you are talking about the allah that maric and patami serve ( I don’t need to talk you how they supported al qaeda)

Maybe you talk about the allah talibans worship after taking over Afghanistan..

If it’s same allah , then you are nothing but a terrorist .

I pity your ignorance. May we not encounter this kind of ignorance in our life.
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by Kobojunkiee: 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2021
0dav2:
Abegi abegi i no want talk haha
Una too get problem for this nairaland!

*Those saying God talks to no one, but you talk to yourself to control your temper, to eat, smoke weed we dey make you talk this rubbish abi, I'll leave you guys to think the rest for yourselves* mtcheew

***Very angry***
God does indeed speak to His own. Several examples in the Bible and we know God never chances meaning He still speaks to those who belong to Him. Now the question is how many belong to God today and so head His voice regularly like back in the Bible days. undecided
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by AntiChristian: 9:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
Edyice:

Bless who shocked

allah who advised child sex

You don’t know what you are saying

You don’t even know what you believe
Same allah who people kill for

Kill Christian for 92 virgins

Same allah bokoharam and issi serves .. ( don’t make me laugh)

Or are you saying it’s same allah that makes rules and regulations for only the poor (maybe your haven’t seen lifeless dullard buhari sons wedding)

Maybe you are talking about the allah that maric and patami serve ( I don’t need to talk you how they supported al qaeda)

Maybe you talk about the allah talibans worship after taking over Afghanistan..

If it’s same allah , then you are nothing but a terrorist .

Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by 0dav2(m): 9:40pm On Aug 22, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
God does indeed speak to His own. Several examples in the Bible and we know God never chances meaning He still speaks to those who belong to Him. Now the question is how many belong to God today and so head His voice regularly like back in the Bible days. undecided
that's what I'm saying bro.. even me now e don tey we I hear from God,"God Help me" if only they know the sacrifices to be a vessel filled with virtue then everyone will kwayet.
Thanks bros

1 Like

Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by Edyice: 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2021
AntiChristian:

No ignorance there mate

You are a fuvking terrorist
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:26pm On Aug 22, 2021
AntiChristian:

You're right! He heard better things.

Your dad too Don't hear shit.

I mean Muhammad didn't hear shinkpan. He hears nothing.
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by Krismas(m): 11:46pm On Aug 22, 2021
Eriokanmi:
He speaks to me
coolHow? Verbally?
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:13am On Aug 23, 2021
Youngvegetable:

Nipples

Yes, sir... grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by MyExpression(m): 5:01am On Aug 23, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Your "pure" heart is meaningless to God so long as refuse to do as He commands. undecided

A pure heart ---> towards God.

Thats how God will reveal Himself to you in His Son and by His Spirit, through His Word.

"...that I may know Him, the one true God..."

One who REFUSES to do God's will obviously does not have his or her heart set on God.
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by Oracleforce: 6:34am On Aug 23, 2021
AntiChristian:

It's sad to know that you are ignorant and want to be ignorant.

Alright. May you be cured.

It is sad to know that you are a deluded Mohammed follower....and want to be perpetually deluded... Alright...may your Allah Akbar god cure you asap..
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by Kobojunkiee: 7:28am On Aug 23, 2021
MyExpression:

A pure heart ---> towards God.
Thats how God will reveal Himself to you in His Son and by His Spirit, through His Word.
"...that I may know Him, the one true God..."

One who REFUSES to do God's will obviously does not have his or her heart set on God.
Those who.bow down to pastors and Mogs can in a way be said to have a pure heart. They are purely convinced that it is through their serving of these men can they then be anointed to reach God too or something along those lines. You know who I mean... those who carry church business for head like say their very life depends on it. They are even willing to do evil to defend pastor because they are convinced pastor is God's second in command. undecided

Pure of heart no dey take anyone anywhere is person no obey God. undecided

As for those who refuse to do God's Will, let me ask you a question. Do you pray silently and where no one can see or know you are praying EVERYTIME you pray? undecided
Do you do what God says in Isaiah 58 vs 6 - 13, instead of starving yourself food , water and other meaningless things on your day of fasting? undecided
Jesus Christ said in John 5 vs 41 - 44 that He does not desire your praise, but do you still convince yourself that you sing songs of praise and worship to Jesus Christ? undecided

So many of those who believe their heart is set on God have their hearts are walking around deceived and refusing to obey God, instead doing their own thing convinced that God rewards such foolishness. undecided
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by AntiChristian: 8:19am On Aug 23, 2021
Oracleforce:

It is sad to know that you are a deluded Mohammed follower....and want to be perpetually deluded... Alright...may your Allah Akbar god cure you asap..

Thanks I wish to stay being deluded. To you is your delusion and to me is my Islam. Of cos, Allah will cure all the sick and distressed.
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by Kobojunkiee: 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2021
Idamond:
hearing from God depends
Depends on what? Your mood? How many hours of praying and fasting you have engaged in? What? undecided
Re: How Do You Personally Hear From God? by Kobojunkiee: 4:53pm On Aug 23, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Upon all the hearing, marriages still don't last. Many xtian partners are going through endurance & not enjoyment. May God save His people.

Lots of manipulation nowadays.
Don't keep letting yourself be deceived by the meaningless things of this world when it comes to God. What became of Moses's marriage during all that time he spent walking with God all over the desert? undecided

Jesus Christ told you marriages are of this world , and not of His Kingdom - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 - so never use marriage as a measure for where the things of God are concerned. undecided

God also told you that cursed is the man who puts his trust in another man , so you are cursed if you look others around you for to teach or God - Jeremiah 17 vs 5 undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Real History Of Christianity - Was The Crucifixion A Hoax? / When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Eternity? / Obedience Is Better Than Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.