Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers (1110 Views)

My Relationship: I Need Your Advice / He Saw A Positive Pregnancy Result In Her Room. / How To Leave A Positive/Lasting First Impression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers by chizzie38(f): 1:17am On May 20, 2011
My boyfriend of 3 years always act funny, all the while he was in d country, our relationship sparkles, but when he is out, we hardly talk for close to four or five month. He then calls and give excuses and tells me, I love u chichi" do u stil love me?? Yet he knows I do,,the sleepness night and thinking, he doesn't take care of me or my bills, But whenevr he is in the country,I will be the first person he rings up,his family loves and adore me, but most time they act funny. He isn't based here in d country, but when we met, he was finding it difficult to get back due to some reasons,he asked me out, politely,he gave me time to think about it. As time went on, I fell in love with him, he introduced me to his sisters and then his family. They were all happy to meet me.truth is an confused coz whenever I call his num,his friends pick up d call and sometimes calls me back. They know everything about us, how we shared our laughter n pains yet they feel for me, sort of pity. I still dunno y, Yet my heart beckons and holds on to him, Am a model, pretty and just 21. Isn't this a setback and what do u guys think about this??
Re: Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers by agabaI23(m): 1:41am On May 20, 2011
The guy is probably in another relationship if not married to some foreigner. You are his naija trophy. Don't you have his abroad number? Can't you call him?

Call him and see if he will pick your call or reject it. It will not cost an arm and a leg to call him for a few minutes.
Re: Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers by CrazyMan(m): 1:46am On May 20, 2011
Your guy is acting like that towards you because he barely sees you.

To be honest my dear; all I can say is that distant relationships don’t work.

I’ve done it before and believe me, I regretted it.
Re: Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers by chizzie38(f): 1:55am On May 20, 2011
ok, I do call him and his friends most time picks up the call and says he's travelled. But I know that it doesn't kill a rat for him to try to reach me no matter what city he maybe,somethings he says it is for security reasons that he doesn't call whenever he travels to someplace, But I know better!!
Re: Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers by 190: 1:59am On May 20, 2011
I love our Nigerian boys

That one don follow white woman go grin grin
Re: Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers by CrazyMan(m): 2:03am On May 20, 2011
chizzie38:

ok, I do call him and his friends most time picks up the call and says he's travelled. But I know that it doesn't kill a rat for him to try to reach me no matter what city he maybe,somethings he says it is for security reasons that he doesn't call whenever he travels to someplace, But I know better!!
Just make up your mind on the relationship; you’re the one who knows whether it would lead somewhere or not.

I can’t decide for you as I’m in no position to do that. All I can do is to advice you, and it’s left for you to decide.

I pray you would make the right choice.

Goodluck.
Re: Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers by agabaI23(m): 2:07am On May 20, 2011
chizzie38:

That's rubbish. he gave you his friend's number so that when you call his friend will pick the call. Leave him. The family also knows what is going on. He is probably waiting to get his papers and because you are young, he thinks he can play you and you can wait until he sorts himself out.

Just change your phone number and tell his family that's it if you cannot speak with him you cannot wait any longer.

I am 99.9% sure he has a girl friend here or a wife. He should be open to you about it.
Re: Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers by Orton10(m): 2:10am On May 20, 2011
But I know better!!

. . . Wetin you con want make we do . . .? undecided
Re: Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers by Nobody: 2:38am On May 20, 2011
@OP you sound so incoherent and confused. You don't deserve that kind of treatment.
You better dump him for me if you're truly pretty.
Not all models are pretty by the way. grin
Re: Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers by hollandis(f): 7:03am On May 20, 2011
So you mean noone is shinning your congo at the moment?You allowed him 100percent controlling share,no wahala when your market will crash,you will know hw far
Re: Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers by MsPotato(f): 7:29am On May 20, 2011
Poster,

I dont know what to say as I am not your bf so I dont know what is in his mind.

But if I were you, I would tell him how I actually feel cause after all, you have been with him for three years. You should let him know about your frustrations and your doubts when he does things like that.

As for me personally, men varies from another.

LIke my sister's husband. He works offshore all the time but he would call his wife at least once a week and that is more than enough for him. Cause he says that its pointless to waste hp credit that way. But maybe because he was thinking that he works two weeks offshore and he goes back to see his wife the other two weeks so no point calling cause the day is going to come anyways.

My brother is a different case. He works in the city alot and his wife is in the island (it takes 2 hours by plane from each other) and when he works in the city, it will be at least 3 to 6 months and in that 3 to 6 months, never once did he called her. Not a drop. His reason is that because he hates talking on phone. He would rather talk when they meet.

And my bf. If he is in the city away from me, he would call me 3 - 6 times a day but if he travels to another country very far away, he will call me once a day.

So it all boils down to individuality. Thats why I say the best one is for you to confront him and tell him how you feel honestly.

Good luck and all the best.
Re: Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers by MMM2(m): 12:42pm On May 20, 2011
u need anoda BF
Re: Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 23, 2012
U r too young for this drama; stop wasting your very bright life, dat I can't effectively look in d future of it without sunglasses, and move on.Model, the world is @ ur feet, stop droolin, there are better guys out there, or even inhere lol. Godspeed
Re: Is This A Positive Relationship? I Need Answers by Mynd44: 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2012
This is a no-brainer. The next time he comes around, sit him down and have a talk with him. Forget the do you love me part. Ask him for the truth or you will continue to be like this

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me: she burnt my certificate because I refused to marry her / Should I Do Away With Her? / Help A Friend--ladies Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.