Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Matters Arising - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Matters Arising (3147 Views)

Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? / Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... / Journalist Allegedly Beaten Blue And Black In Imo Over Political Matters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matters Arising by Seun(m): 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2011
.Kobojunkie has rejected requests to moderate many times, she won't change her mind.

What about oam4j? He's interested and seems like a decent person.
Re: Matters Arising by Rhino5dm: 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2011
What are you expecting from beaf? After openly and shamelessly begging him for appointment on NL?cheesy cheesy What do you take NL for? PDP arena? ssmh @ this begger. tongue

Anyways open your forum and make the bigot-in-chief a mod. Who cares!

jmaine:

^^Person go piss for pants oo! on top Beaf name  cheesy cheesy . . .if someone like beaf will keep serial and perennial abusive and hateful posters like you in mind . .Abeg MODs let's have beaf like people selected to oversee the politics section . . .
Re: Matters Arising by Desola(f): 12:41pm On Jun 01, 2011
@dem_peo,

How is asking people where they hail from, diverse? What? like you didn't already know that Nigeria consists of 250 ethnic groups?

Diversity would be asking how many Nigerian languages each individual speaks; did they study outside their region? Which other Nigeran cuisine aside theirs they cook or enjoy? Which tourist destination in Nigera aside one in their geographical location have they "holiday-ed" etc.

Our diversity is the ability to embrace each other culturally and showcasing ways and manners in which we are intertwined and not coming out to just brag that "I am Igbo from the village of Umofia" or silliness like that!
Re: Matters Arising by Jarus(m): 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2011
The CEO has spoken.

Any issue against OAMJ?
Re: Matters Arising by hakanai(m): 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2011
jmaine:

That wont solve the tribal hate issues on a sustainable manner and those tribal posts will persist . . .imagine me, poster A opening an ethnic bashing thread where i will only permit those who fall in line to my sadistic quest while the opposing posters B, who maybe reprimanded my views sternly would be brutally deleted . . . that would force the posters B to go ahead and open up a thread mainly to assassinate the image of the ethnicity of proponents and fans of poster A . . and the wild circle would continue  . . . and that might even leave the mods with a whole lotta work to do to keep everyone in line . . . And also the beauty of the diversity of an opposing view would be severely threatened

I know, but right now that is always happening.With the poster/MOD role,If i know poster antecedence and inclination,you could decide to stay clear or join the thread.Even if its offensive.
Lastly if lesser people hit you up on a topic.It simply means we don't like it!!!! If you get more hits,then minority would simply read and buzz off or better still become topic addicts.There by giving us more topics and more stiff regulations.Well aligned to woo like minds.I would hate to see a cool topic turn to a hate thread. sad sad sad sad

I like your reasoning. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Matters Arising by dempeople(m): 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2011
Desola:

@dem_peo,

How is asking people where they hail from, diverse? What? like you didn't already know that Nigeria consists of 250 ethnic groups?

Diversity would be asking how many Nigerian languages each individual speaks; did they study outside their region? Which other Nigeran cuisine aside theirs they cook or enjoy? Which tourist destination in Nigera aside one in their geographical location have they "holiday-ed" etc.

Our diversity is the ability to embrace each other culturally and showcasing ways and manners in which we are intertwined and not coming out to just brag that "I am Igbo from the village of Umofia" or silliness like that!

You have your views to hug and you're alone in this. Unfortunately for you, posters to that thread - about 99% of them (excluding you), don't agree with your views.

dem_people has always been known not to be ethnocentric in his views no matter what. I don't need to defend myself here. Other posters, when asked, will happily defend my moniker.

Have a nice day Desola.
Re: Matters Arising by mukina2: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2011
Jarus:

The CEO has spoken.

Any issue against OAMJ?
i'll go with him too.

never had to warn/ban him
not a multiple user
does not cuss/fight
not a tribal warlord
Re: Matters Arising by jmaine: 12:51pm On Jun 01, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

What are you expecting from beaf? After openly and shamelessly begging him for appointment on NL?cheesy cheesy What do you take NL for? PDP arena? ssmh @ this begger. tongue

Anyways open your forum and make the bigot-in-chief a mod. Who cares!

He has now been proven to be one of your nairaland antidote considering your quaking comments on this thread by the mere mention of his name  cheesy cheesy . . .and i won't mind seeing non productive posters but perennial abusers and cursing individuals like you and a multitude of others checked  angry angry  . . . and anyone who does that is welcome . . . no matter which camp the person belong to . .what we want is less hate, bile and off point and prejudiced abusing minds curtailed ( cos we can't eliminate you kind completely  cry cry) . . .  Do you Rhino.5dm promise to change your ways-and abide by the standing constitution of the politics section to reduce the percentage of your abusive and hate comments from the alarming highly toxic daily rate of about 95 % to an acceptable standard of 10%  undecided undecided . . .  
Re: Matters Arising by olyivy(f): 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2011
mukina2:

The mods that would be shortlisted :-

Should not be a tribal war lord
Incite  anything tribal or otherwise
use pictures to insult others
ever been banned/warned
Does not insult others to get his/her points across
Must be an active member on this section (meaningful contributions)

Now I think you are only trying to remove Beaf from the list.

Having been banned might be as a result of other things aside tribal warfare. Something like trying to beat the smut filter (everyone does that).

Then you should also know that it is not everyone that should watch loosers ilke rhino i.diot throw insults at them without replying in kind!
Re: Matters Arising by jmaine: 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2011
Jarus:

The CEO has spoken.

Any issue against OAMJ?

[size=18pt] Fair  choice [/size]
Re: Matters Arising by mukina2: 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2011
olyivy:

Having been banned might be as a result of other things aside tribal warfare. Something like trying to beat the smut filter (everyone does that).

Then you should also know that it is not everyone that should watch loosers ilke rhino i.diot throw insults at them without replying in kind!
I know what i am talking about.

I have been doing the warning and banning and i also know when the spam bot bans someone wink
Re: Matters Arising by efisher(m): 2:12pm On Jun 01, 2011
Seun:

.Kobojunkie has rejected requests to moderate many times, she won't change her mind.

What about oam4j? He's interested and seems like a decent person.

mukina2:

i'll go with him too.

never had to warn/ban him
not a multiple user
does not cuss/fight
not a tribal warlord

[size=16pt]I support OAM4J 100%.[/size] I think he is level headed and responsible.
Re: Matters Arising by mbulela: 2:16pm On Jun 01, 2011
whoever you are getting, just get a couple of people to help clean up this place.
It stinks.
That is the most important thing.
Re: Matters Arising by efisher(m): 2:20pm On Jun 01, 2011
By the powers NOT vested in me I hereby anoint OAM4J mod of NL Politics section.  grin

Gbam!!!
Re: Matters Arising by ektbear: 2:22pm On Jun 01, 2011
Good choice on OAM4J. Evenhanded, no secret second account under which he talks crap to people, etc.
Re: Matters Arising by hakanai(m): 2:27pm On Jun 01, 2011
the choice of "OAM4J" aint bad so long as it is not Beaf !!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Matters Arising by Akainzo(m): 2:32pm On Jun 01, 2011
Well, OAM4J could be a good choice, and since its been supported, I'd agree.

I must say I am immensely relived that Beaf was not even considered beyond a mention. That would have made the politics section a hotbed thus leading to either its death or the death of a poster. The issue is not with him having different opinions, the problem is with the way he goes about his differing opinions. He definitely doesn't fit the garb of a mod. Except if by chance he has changed as the elections are now over. grin
Re: Matters Arising by ektbear: 2:33pm On Jun 01, 2011
Another good choice would have been ChinenyeN, imo. Keep him in mind if you later on down the line need an additional mod.
Re: Matters Arising by jmaine: 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2011
You accept the choice of OAM4J and you have a candid opinion or mandate for him on how to sanitize the political section , here it is ========>      https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-680396.0.html
Re: Matters Arising by efisher(m): 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2011
^ Oops. We had the same thing in mind.

*edited*
Re: Matters Arising by Rhino5dm: 7:21pm On Jun 01, 2011
Hey!!
Just let me be cos am married and i hate ugly wringled face, monkies stalking me online.
I hardly get upset but don't push your luck harder. This is your last warning!!!

Copied to:
OMA4J
Jairus
Mukina2.

olyivy:

. .
Re: Matters Arising by bandely(m): 8:46pm On Jun 01, 2011
Akainzo:

Well, OAM4J could be a good choice, and since its been supported, I'd agree.

I must say I am immensely relived that Beaf was not even considered beyond a mention. That would have made the politics section a hotbed thus leading to either its death or the death of a poster. The issue is not with him having different opinions, the problem is with the way he goes about his differing opinions. He definitely doesn't fit the garb of a mod. Except if by chance he has changed as the elections are now over. grin

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin
I dey laugh my backside off! Na wa o. See wetin una turn Beef to!
Re: Matters Arising by dayokanu(m): 10:03pm On Jun 01, 2011
Lets lock ekt bear and Odunnu inside room, whoever comes out victorious should be mod
Re: Matters Arising by aljharem3: 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2011
Seun and co, it is good that we now hav a new mod who happens to be a respected Nairalander

but what are we going to do with people like Adejoro/Nchara/Ramon/Akin-Egba/etc

this same user is a waste of space and makes the political section terrible angry

also just to add, ChineyeN, Andre Uweh, Kastimoto, ekt_bear, haka-nai or namfav would have been a good choice as well or maybe next time
Re: Matters Arising by semid4lyfe(m): 2:55am On Jun 02, 2011
alj_harem:

Seun and co, it is good that we now hav a new mod who happens to be a respected Nairalander

but what are we going to do with people like Adejoro/Nchara/Ramon/Akin-Egba/etc

this same user is a waste of space and makes the political section terrible angry

also just to add, ChineyeN, Andre Uweh, Kastimoto, ekt_bear, haka-nai or namfav would have been a good choice as well or maybe next time

Shut the F up and stop pretending to be what you're not. . .cattle grazer oshi!

I'd have thought you'd have nominated yourself afterall you once asked to be made a moderator cos in your opinion "the moderators on Nairaland do not reflect federal character and the Kanuris are being marginalized in the scheme of things".

Your kain idiocy, I never see before.

Hypocritical ethnic bigot. . .shioor!

The genesis:

alj_harem:
Can u shut the f up
Re: Matters Arising by aljharem3: 3:04am On Jun 02, 2011
^^^^^

good u got my message cheesy
Re: Matters Arising by luluosas(m): 7:52am On Jun 04, 2011
Thank God Beaf was not even in the mind of Seun, that would have mean a major setback to the political section, if Beaf was made Mod. He is anti North, anti Northern elite, opposer of those opposing Jonathan and a paid PDP agent. That is why in life, don't always join the crowds to commit crime, do as much as you can to be objective in your views, no matter from which angle you are viewing it from. You are always being kept under surveillance.
Congrats to you OAM4J.
Re: Matters Arising by Seun(m): 4:40am On Jun 06, 2011
Great thread, Jarus. Good job.
Re: Matters Arising by ektbear: 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2011
Politics section has improved quite a bit. Well done.
Re: Matters Arising by northwest1: 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2011
i will like to get one, how will i go about it
Re: Matters Arising by Rhino5dm: 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2011
Come back to life!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Us Government To Partner With Lagos / You Have To Break Up Nigeria Into 5 Countries For There Not To Be War. Picture / Breaking News: Kano Protesters Make Covenant Among Xtians And Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.