Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,504 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Matters Arising - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Matters Arising (3146 Views)

Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? / Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... / Journalist Allegedly Beaten Blue And Black In Imo Over Political Matters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matters Arising by mbulela: 10:05am On Jun 01, 2011
olyivy:

But come ooo, oga Jarus;

talking about resignations sef . . . . can you explain what you think about resignation and presidential election outcomes as it concerns the moderation of NL political section.

Cant find a better way to put it so as not to sound insulting or confrontational.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=648842.msg8381645#msg8381645
Re: Matters Arising by Jarus(m): 10:23am On Jun 01, 2011
The quintet are being considered as co-Mod(s) for this section:

1, Beaf
2, Kobojunkie
3, Odunnu
4, Andre Uweh
5, Mbulela

I'm disposed to working with anyone or two of them.
For strategic reason, No 1 & 2 are however mutually exclusive. It's either we take both of them or none of them.
If it is decided that we are not settling for them, then anyone or two of the other 3 will be selected.
Re: Matters Arising by mbulela: 10:27am On Jun 01, 2011
go with 1,2 and 3.
1 and 2 will be a very wise strategic move.
I doubt Sagamite will be amused tongue
Re: Matters Arising by jaybee3(m): 10:29am On Jun 01, 2011
Jarus:

1, Beaf
2, Kobojunkie
3, Odunnu
4, Andre Uweh
5, Mbulela

For strategic reason, No 1 & 2 are however mutually exclusive. It's either we take both of them or none of them.
If it is decided that we are not settling for them, then anyone or two of the other 3 will be selected.
Does that mean they had be expected to refrain from throwing insults even when provoked?
Politics section being the hardest to police need a thick skinned gunz who is not afraid to take actions when needed.
Re: Matters Arising by ektbear: 10:35am On Jun 01, 2011
Odunnu and Kobojunkie should probably be at the top of that list. They both seem pretty fair-handed and non-partisan (at least, from my interactions with them.)

These two qualities are pretty important, imo.
Re: Matters Arising by efisher(m): 10:40am On Jun 01, 2011
I think Kobojunkie and Beaf have high availability. I don't know how "fair" they will be as mods though.
Re: Matters Arising by Jarus(m): 10:41am On Jun 01, 2011
Yeah, I'm proposing 1 and 2, because:

1, They belong 2 different camps of opinions. The GEJ/Niger Delta people will have one of their own in authority and he will know better how to approach them. The other camp will also have someone in authority. One is also almost opposite of the other, working together, some level of friendship will be developed and it will be good for teh forum.

2, Both are toughie, straight-shooters. I think we need tough hands, while I continue with my own mid-way approach.

3, Both are located in time zones different from mine, so while I'm asleep here in Naija, they can be battling the tribalists running amok in the section.

4, Both may be controversial and hard on their opinions,  but they are intelligent, not the sickening tribal warlords that abound on the forum.

5, But we can't choose just one of them, as it will evoke uproarious protests from either camp.

If this idea is not bought by other authorities, then I will be okay with any of the three others.
Re: Matters Arising by efisher(m): 10:54am On Jun 01, 2011
I also agree that 1 & 2 display high level of intelligence. They also bring new perspectives to issues but as mods the key qualities should be fairness, availability and capacity (ie enough energy to go through posts).

Will there be a poll?
Re: Matters Arising by maclatunji: 11:05am On Jun 01, 2011
As long as you do not pay decent salaries to the moderators (not to have an opinion) but to clean-up the forum. You are always going to have a problem. I have looked at your list of candidates and I assure you, your headaches are about to increase.
Re: Matters Arising by hakanai(m): 11:11am On Jun 01, 2011
@Jarus
If you already know both(BEAF & KOBOJUNKIE) are not fair without the other why bother?You need a neutral person,then get one rather than make a situation, which is avoidable!I tell you they, especially BEAF can not throw away his heavy hardcore bias tendency!At the end,instead of policing they would be fighting before they make amends.Instead of that, with the situation at hand get a team ready to hit the ground running!
Why hope when you could just get a working team!

BEAF and KOBOJUNKIE are both very much available accepted.Fairness in policing i doubt.If your goal is to manage the current choas.
Re: Matters Arising by Dotman01(m): 11:22am On Jun 01, 2011
Yeah. . . Kobojunkie or wat about enyojo dont knw if i gat the spelling right though
Re: Matters Arising by Rhino5dm: 11:26am On Jun 01, 2011
Making beaf mod will be the most myopic decision any sane person will ever make.

Wtf! Please click on the bigot's profile to understand what talking about .
No one can ever come close to beaf in instigating and formenting trouble on NL.

So how can you expect any reasonable unbaised decision from this sychophant? Just aking. .

How can you make a paid PDP agent mod? Whats all this about? Money inducement or seeking for juicy appointment from curropt PDP government. ssmh!

No wonder my post always get deleted while that of the bigot is openly celebrated even when majority of his post is toward celebrating lies.

I will bid NL fare well the day this bad decision is taking and i urge all sensible posters to do same.

I can't stand some mooroonic post laced with weird pictures from a one sided PDP agent masquerading as mod.

This same hypocrite was the one that pushes out Aisha2 under different multiple ID's and opening of fake threads to sympathetically victimize her.

Not surprise at all. . . After that change the logo of NL to PDP flag.
Re: Matters Arising by efisher(m): 11:29am On Jun 01, 2011
I think they can be fair as mods if they want to be. We just have to separate between their opinions and their jobs. Remember they don't have to change who they are to be mods.

BTW, oga Jarus what is the salary like for the job? grin
Re: Matters Arising by Odunnu: 11:34am On Jun 01, 2011
I beg you Jarus, I prefer being an onlooker in this section for now.
I dont think I can handle the bile,hatred, bitterness and stench that oozes from here.
Let me continue my job at the Education section before I use vex and anger take break bottle for person head here.
Jarus:

1, Beaf
2, Kobojunkie
3, Odunnu ekt_bear
4, Andre Uweh
5, Mbulela

Re: Matters Arising by dempeople(m): 11:38am On Jun 01, 2011
[size=14pt]@Jarus, [/size]

Abeg no vex about my impeachment proposals. It's all part of humour. Was all a joke. I can be your special adviser on political matters if I'm appointed. I'll need to be advising you on the performance of the chosen moderators and the overall running of this section while you decide what to do with my advices.  grin cool

Kobojunkie, however much we don't agree on issues, is a good candidate. Its just that most times, her arguments seem to be authoritarian. Whether she'll transfer such attitude to being a mod is left to be seen. I'm concerned if she benefits from a little bit of power cos my moniker will be history by then.

Andre Uweh is a favourite of progressive posters and should be a moderator. Ileke-Idi is a bona-fide member of far-right posters. She and her ilk should be banned from this forum.

Meanwhile, I occupy a special place in the heart of serious-minded, progressive and decent posters who abhor ethnocentrism while championing intelligence and cerebral abilities.  cheesy cool
Re: Matters Arising by Desola(f): 11:40am On Jun 01, 2011
If we have to take Beaf in order to take Kobo, then I'd say neigh to both! Beaf is absolutely bigotted and a partisan to PDP and Gej and can therefore not be objective.

I vehemently reject Beaf!
Re: Matters Arising by ektbear: 11:40am On Jun 01, 2011
@Odunnu: Please don't suggest me, for a variety of reasons I'd be a bad choice.

Anyway, if (A) Odunnu doesn't want to mod, (B) KoboJ is seen as biased in a particular direction, (C) the idea is to have relatively unbiased mods, then probably a good idea to widen your search a bit.
Re: Matters Arising by jmaine: 11:45am On Jun 01, 2011
The mere mention of Beaf and Kobojunkie sure will rile a considerable number of honorable  undecided nairalanders, considering their resolve always to stand tough on their ground at all cost whether negative or positive  tongue . .but i think if tribal hate post and their ilks are to be quashed . .Beaf is the man to send all hate comments and their posters to extinction and his meds will also apply to him cos as a mod.He must restrain himself and must be seen as abiding by the rule he is enforcing, hence the hard core beaf might just be toned down for the good of the politics section, maybe till the next electioneering period  wink wink  . . . Talk about giving the criminal of the house your money to hold, your sure bet of avoiding your money being stolen  cheesy
Re: Matters Arising by mukina2: 11:45am On Jun 01, 2011
hummmm . .
Re: Matters Arising by olyivy(f): 11:51am On Jun 01, 2011
mbulela:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=648842.msg8381645#msg8381645
That response was soooo dry.
Rhino.5dm:

Making beaf mod will be the most myopic decision any sane person will ever make.

Wtf! Please click on the bigot's profile to understand what talking about .
No one can ever come close to beaf in instigating and formenting trouble on NL.

So how can you expect any reasonable unbaised decision from this sychophant? Just aking. .

How can you make a paid PDP agent mod? Whats all this about? Money inducement or seeking for juicy appointment from curropt PDP government. ssmh!

No wonder my post  always get deleted while that of the bigot is openly celebrated even when majority of his post is toward celebrating lies.  

I will bid NL fare well the day this bad decision is taking and i urge all sensible posters to do same.

I can't stand some mooroonic post laced with weird pictures from a one sided PDP agent masquerading as mod.

This same hypocrite was the one that pushes out Aisha2 under different multiple ID's and opening of fake threads to sympathetically victimize her.

Not surprise at all. . . After that change the logo of NL to PDP flag.

Hey mister, shouldnt you be hanging your pathetic self by now?!! tongue

Just bid NL farewell and see how peaceful it will become, ewu awusa!  grin
Re: Matters Arising by hakanai(m): 11:55am On Jun 01, 2011
[quote ]author=olyivy link=topic=671612.msg8432763#msg8432763 date=1306925475]
That response was soooo dry.
Hey mister, shouldnt you be hanging your pathetic self by now?!! tongue

Just bid NL farewell and see how peaceful it will become, ewu awusa!  grin
[quote][/quote]

Reason we need the MODs ASAP!!!! grin
Re: Matters Arising by olyivy(f): 11:57am On Jun 01, 2011
haka_nai:

Reason we need the MODs ASAP!!!! grin

So Jarus cant do the job alone for now?! Mkpi!
Re: Matters Arising by Desola(f): 11:57am On Jun 01, 2011
@dem-peo,

You can hide under the veil for however long you like. Unfortunately foe you, the veil is transparent and we can see the masquerade under it.

Cleverly opening an ethnic profiling thread all in the name of celebrating ethnic diveristy has not gone unnoticed. It was on your watch that on that same thread, some parties were boasting that a particular group run the roost but because you belong to that group, you refused to throw the book at them. Rather, you came down strong on those who saw you for who you really are and your gimmick at proclaiming one over the other. We are not silly o. You, along with Beaf should never be considered for moderatorship!
Re: Matters Arising by hakanai(m): 11:58am On Jun 01, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Odunnu: Please don't suggest me, for a variety of reasons I'd be a bad choice.

Anyway, if (A) Odunnu doesn't want to mod, (B) KoboJ is seen as biased in a particular direction, (C) the idea is to have relatively unbiased mods, then probably a good idea to widen your search a bit.
GBAM!!!!!
Re: Matters Arising by wedee1(m): 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2011
Having been a consistent reader on dis section, If I was to nominate, dis will b my list and with reason;

1) Odunnu :  d most neutral person I have ever known in the politics section who writes her views without tribalisitc tones. she's also good by nature, i think.

2) dem_people : for his secular views on this forum. i have never read a tribalistic post from him. he also celebrates people's diversity and shows real interest in other peep's cultures etc. he is a good poster.

3) kobojunkie : seems crazy atimes but on d whole, a good poster. she seems tribalistic sort of but i've not been able to pinpoint her base.

4) ekt_bear : used to be good with his posts but of late, seems to be overwhelmed by other posters tribalistic posts to the point of replying negatively
Re: Matters Arising by hakanai(m): 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2011
Not withstanding i would have preferred the likes of Odunnu and ekt_bear

@JARUS!!!!
How about empowering the poster of a topic the right to manage/MOD the events and trends of his/her discussion period.Atleast it would cub the issue of people derailing critical issues and ensure the real reason the poster get the discussion maintained.Such that you get the freedom to visit forums based on the poster and topic!!!!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
BEAF can modulate his PDP topics and others can do same to there topic!!!
Re: Matters Arising by mukina2: 12:08pm On Jun 01, 2011
The mods that would be shortlisted :-

Should not be a tribal war lord
Incite  anything tribal or otherwise
use pictures to insult others
ever been banned/warned
Does not insult others to get his/her points across
Must be an active member on this section (meaningful contributions)
Re: Matters Arising by dempeople(m): 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2011
Desola:

@dem-peo,

You can hide under the veil for however long you like. Unfortunately foe you, the veil is transparent and we can see the masquerade under it.

Cleverly opening an ethnic profiling thread all in the name of celebrating ethnic diveristy has not gone unnoticed. It was on your watch that on that same thread, some parties were boasting that a particular group run the roost but because you belong to that group, you refused to throw the book at them. Rather, you came down strong on those who saw you for who you really are and your gimmick at proclaiming one over the other. We are not silly o. You, along with Beaf should never be considered for moderatorship!

My dear, however we disagree atimes or based on why I scolded u in that thread about your views, do not misrepresent me falsely. I opened that thread with no motive other than to genuinely celebrate our diversity as Nigerians. You, and you in particular, were against the thread for no other reason that I don't know.

Please, where and where in that thread did I neglect posters' negative views cos "I belong to the group"? Please where? I didn't read all the posts on that thread and will attempt to go through it based on your assertions but never did I support any group.

If anything, I scolded people based on their sexist posts to that thread.
Re: Matters Arising by jmaine: 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2011
haka_nai:

Not withstanding i would have preferred the likes of  Odunnu and ekt_bear

@JARUS!!!!
How about empowering [b]the poster of a topic the right to manage/MOD the events and trends of his/her discussion period
.Atleast it would cub the issue of people derailing critical issues and ensure the real reason the poster get the discussion maintained.Such that you get the freedom to visit forums based on the poster and topic!!!![/b]
 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
BEAF can modulate his PDP topics and others can do same to there topic!!!

That wont solve the tribal hate issues on a sustainable manner and those tribal posts will persist . . .imagine me, poster A opening an ethnic bashing thread where i will only permit those who fall in line to my sadistic quest while the opposing posters B, who maybe reprimanded my views sternly would be brutally deleted . . . that would force the posters B to go ahead and open up a thread mainly to assassinate the image of the ethnicity of proponents and fans of poster A . . and the wild circle would continue  . . . and that might even leave the mods with a whole lotta work to do to keep everyone in line . . . And also the beauty of the diversity of an opposing view would be severely threatened
Re: Matters Arising by jmaine: 12:20pm On Jun 01, 2011
mukina2:

ever been banned/warned
Does not insult others to get his/her pints across

With this . . . the Job of getting new mods would be strenuous . . . one way or the other, they will be short on one of this . . . so how do you reconcile that . .
Re: Matters Arising by Rhino5dm: 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2011
Jamil jiddan!
lets see how beaf will be made mod. More vision to her majesty mukina2.

mukina2:

ever been banned/warned
Does not insult others to get his/her points across

Re: Matters Arising by jmaine: 12:29pm On Jun 01, 2011
^^Person go piss for pants oo! on top Beaf name  cheesy cheesy . . .if someone like beaf will keep serial and perennial abusive and hateful posters like you in mind . .Abeg MODs let's have beaf like people selected to oversee the politics section . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's President Proposes Controversial Bill - Press Tv News / OBJ In Yoruba History / kano bombing; Biafra zionist to send 500 military pilots for trianing in Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.