Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? (4658 Views)

Guy Takes The Virginity Of A Teenager, Calls Her "Cheap Slut", Shares Their Pic / Teenager Flashes Her Bum In A Revealing Ankara Outfit For Her Prom Night / Delta Pastor Dies During Sex Romp With Teenager In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Goldbw122(m): 6:30am On Jul 17, 2022
This page should be read by all university graduate, it enlighten the mind.. so far so good.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by demanuel(m): 7:30am On Jul 17, 2022
pansophist:

Ok
I also sent you a mail, but didn't get a response.
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Kayouzka(m): 9:39am On Jul 17, 2022
CaveAdullam:

Well said. I concur.

1. To try to escape the rat race is a rat race itself. Even if you escape the marathon rat race run by everyone, you'll still enter a race run by elites. Or a race that involves maintaining peace of mind. Life is an unending race. The only true escape or rest is death.

2. Humans have an insatiable void that must constantly be fed. You are hungry, you run the race to get food; and when you eventually get the food you want to store plenty of it so that you won't race for food again. Once you have gathered plenty you want to secure it. Once you have secured it you want to search for people you'll love to share with...the hole is infinite.

Contentment is a temporal phase. True contentment is only achievable through death.

3. Though I concur with your submission, I AM NOT A FAN OF DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY. Happiness is subjective, it is based on bias, sentiments, and feelings. With that line of thought, it will be hypocritical to condemn evildoers, because doing evil makes them happy.

Corruption makes some people happy. Oppression makes some people happy. Murder makes some people happy. Stealing makes some people happy. Evil in whatever style, font, and color makes some people happy.

4. You can't condemn the people above for their crimes because it is what makes them happy. And since happiness is subjective, you can't compel anyone to love what you love or to follow what makes you happy.

5. Communal strength grows when individuals forsake their sentiments and pursue a common long-lasting goal. This is how civilization grows. If the military arm and security arm of government should choose what makes them happy, we all would have been dead by now.

6. Civilization is built by the hands of men who see a better future that they will not participate in, but still, break their backs through sweat and blood to make that future attainable for generations unborn.

If great icons like Michael Faraday, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela, Abraham Lincoln, Albert Einstein, etc. decided to do what makes them happy, probably, we wouldn't have reached this stage.

But you may say the actions of these people made them happy as they were passionate about their professions. But you must also consider that these actions or professions served the whole population. It is not even easy demonstrating their feats. That's why they are few compared to the general population.

7. Individuals desire some specific things for themselves, everyone doesn't want the same thing and it is fine. But in our pursuit of individual gratification, we must not forget the communal bond we share and civilization growth. Because once we fail to, we bounce back to chaos again.

8. Hence, I AM A FAN OF PURSUE TRUTH AND DO WHAT IS RIGHT EVEN THOUGH IT GOES AGAINST YOUR FEELINGS.

Once you submit yourself to truth, wisdom, knowledge, and understanding, you can then know what happiness and peace of mind entail. It is a transcendent life that's void of useless guilt, calculating, and boldness. It is built to understand human nature, actions, and behaviors and how to counter it. Because truth be told evil can't be eradicated. But everyone must be built to fight it in whatever manner they appear - oppressors, manipulators, predators, and dictators.

This is how you will enjoy your life even though it is short.

9. But if we continue to find enjoyment in what makes us happy and hedonism, we shouldn't complain about the evils of others because that's what makes them happy too.

Thanks.

Right, summary; the pursuit of happiness would never in itself bring happiness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by MITCHELL96: 7:42am On Jul 18, 2022
CaveAdullam:

Well said. I concur.

1. To try to escape the rat race is a rat race itself. Even if you escape the marathon rat race run by everyone, you'll still enter a race run by elites. Or a race that involves maintaining peace of mind. Life is an unending race. The only true escape or rest is death.

2. Humans have an insatiable void that must constantly be fed. You are hungry, you run the race to get food; and when you eventually get the food you want to store plenty of it so that you won't race for food again. Once you have gathered plenty you want to secure it. Once you have secured it you want to search for people you'll love to share with...the hole is infinite.

Contentment is a temporal phase. True contentment is only achievable through death.

3. Though I concur with your submission, I AM NOT A FAN OF DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY. Happiness is subjective, it is based on bias, sentiments, and feelings. With that line of thought, it will be hypocritical to condemn evildoers, because doing evil makes them happy.

Corruption makes some people happy. Oppression makes some people happy. Murder makes some people happy. Stealing makes some people happy. Evil in whatever style, font, and color makes some people happy.

4. You can't condemn the people above for their crimes because it is what makes them happy. And since happiness is subjective, you can't compel anyone to love what you love or to follow what makes you happy.

5. Communal strength grows when individuals forsake their sentiments and pursue a common long-lasting goal. This is how civilization grows. If the military arm and security arm of government should choose what makes them happy, we all would have been dead by now.

6. Civilization is built by the hands of men who see a better future that they will not participate in, but still, break their backs through sweat and blood to make that future attainable for generations unborn.

If great icons like Michael Faraday, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela, Abraham Lincoln, Albert Einstein, etc. decided to do what makes them happy, probably, we wouldn't have reached this stage.

But you may say the actions of these people made them happy as they were passionate about their professions. But you must also consider that these actions or professions served the whole population. It is not even easy demonstrating their feats. That's why they are few compared to the general population.

7. Individuals desire some specific things for themselves, everyone doesn't want the same thing and it is fine. But in our pursuit of individual gratification, we must not forget the communal bond we share and civilization growth. Because once we fail to, we bounce back to chaos again.

8. Hence, I AM A FAN OF PURSUE TRUTH AND DO WHAT IS RIGHT EVEN THOUGH IT GOES AGAINST YOUR FEELINGS.

Once you submit yourself to truth, wisdom, knowledge, and understanding, you can then know what happiness and peace of mind entail. It is a transcendent life that's void of useless guilt, calculating, and boldness. It is built to understand human nature, actions, and behaviors and how to counter it. Because truth be told evil can't be eradicated. But everyone must be built to fight it in whatever manner they appear - oppressors, manipulators, predators, and dictators.

This is how you will enjoy your life even though it is short.

9. But if we continue to find enjoyment in what makes us happy and hedonism, we shouldn't complain about the evils of others because that's what makes them happy too.

Thanks.

Damn!

I remember praising you some time ago, the comment you made under a thread was amazing and that was the reason I got to know you and started following you

Your opinion(s) on posts keeps mesmerising me, they're always top notch.

Bro, You're genius,! Big time Genius!
You always have a solution for problems regardless of what it is, your brain is as sharp as a war sword! Damn!

I hope to keep seeing and learning more from you even outside Nairaland.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by CaveAdullam: 8:44am On Jul 18, 2022
MITCHELL96:

Damn!

I remember praising you some time ago, the comment you made under a thread was amazing and that was the reason I got to know you and started following you

You always have a solution for problems regardless of what it is, your brain is as sharp as a war sword! Damn!

Only me, all these laudations.

I'm happy that in my unlearning, relearning, and learning, you still found some words profitable to you.

Thanks for your kind words. I do appreciate it.

And I promise to do better. More blunt. Unappealing. But refining.

Lastly, I will love to learn from you too. No man is an island of anything.

Have a nice day.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Hedgefunds: 9:15am On Jul 18, 2022
MITCHELL96:

Damn!

Seconded I will dedicate next quarter to read all his post again. The guy is a genius @CaveAdullam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by MITCHELL96: 9:24am On Jul 18, 2022
Hedgefunds:

Seconded I will dedicate next quarter to read all his post again. The guy is a genius @CaveAdullam

I Swear, Real Genius, Thank God You Realised This Too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by MITCHELL96: 9:28am On Jul 18, 2022
CaveAdullam:

Only me, all these laudations.

I'm happy that in my unlearning, relearning, and learning, you still found some words profitable to you.

And I promise to do better. More blunt. Unappealing. But refining.

Lastly, I will love to learn from you too. No man is an island of anything.

Have a nice day.

You're Welcome Buddy, And Do Have A Nice Day Too.

And Please what's your twitter handle if you don't mind ?

Or mail your me your handle if it's confidential to you please

Lol, just showed my sister some of your comments on here and she said you're a smartass

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by MITCHELL96: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2022
Goldbw122:
This page should be read by all university graduate, it enlighten the mind.. so far so good.

Not just graduates, everybody should, as long as they can understand and implement what needs to be implemented.

I jotted down a lot of stuffs from this post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by CaveAdullam: 10:54am On Jul 18, 2022
Hedgefunds:

Seconded I will dedicate next quarter to reading all his posts again. The guy is a genius @CaveAdullam

Thanks for this, and thanks for the last-time gift. I do appreciate all.

Remember, nothing is set in stone, as we keep learning, relearning, and learning which is a refining process, we will get better as each day passes.

Straight forward but versatile.

Promise to serve better.

Have a nice day.
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by CaveAdullam: 11:02am On Jul 18, 2022
MITCHELL96:

You're Welcome Buddy, And Do Have A Nice Day Too.

And please what's your Twitter handle if you don't mind?

Or mail me your handle if it's confidential to you please

Lol, just showed my sister some of your comments on here and she said you're a smartass

The Twitter algorithm has not been fair to my tweets. It is like trying to store water in a basket; it doesn't get to my audience. Hence, I reluctantly comment or tweet. Many vital tweets just go down the drain.

However, I'm aiming to start something on Facebook, and if possible Youtube.

Nairaland has always been my love as engagements have been fair.

Anyway, I will keep you posted when any hot soup drops.

Thanks once more.
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by MITCHELL96: 11:14am On Jul 18, 2022
CaveAdullam:

The Twitter algorithm has not been fair to my tweets. It is like trying to store water in a basket; it doesn't get to my audience. Hence, I reluctantly comment or tweet. Many vital tweets just go down the drain.

However, I'm aiming to start something on Facebook, and if possible Youtube.

Nairaland has always been my love as engagements have been fair.

Anyway, I will keep you posted when any hot soup drops.

Thanks once more.

Oh, sorry about that, I'm also in your shoes, Twitter has deactivated over 7 accounts I created since joining the app, so I gave up on creating new ones because I ran out of emails to use.

But, I was ready to create a new one today just because of you and to engage in your tweets.

About the Facebook page and YouTube channel, please if you haven't created any yet, please do and inform me so I can follow up.

Nairaland doesnt send notifications that CaveAdullam just posted and stuffs like that, so I might miss Alot from you.
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 11:15am On Jul 18, 2022
Monetize what you do that makes you happy..
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by CaveAdullam: 11:25am On Jul 18, 2022
MITCHELL96:

Oh, sorry about that, I'm also in your shoes, Twitter has deactivated over 7 accounts I created since joining the app, so I gave up on creating new ones because I ran out of emails to use.

But, I was ready to create a new one today just because of you and to engage in your tweets.

About the Facebook page and YouTube channel, please if you haven't created any yet, please do and inform me so I can follow up.

Nairaland doesnt send notifications that CaveAdullam just posted and stuffs like that, so I might miss Lot from you.

No qualms man.

But do keep up with nairaland "following" to get notifications on new posts.

Thanks.
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Starlight252: 12:19pm On Jul 18, 2022
[quote author=pansophist post=105104589]At 20, you have the wealth of time. To tell you how important time is, will you prefer to be a billionaire at 90 years old, or just average at 20? Well, I'm sure you'll pick average at 20. That's how important time is. If you learn a skill and start a business with it, in even five years time, if you're good, you'll be set for life. The formula of wasting your 20's studying some useless course just to be in school, measure shoulders with friends, and indulging in hedonism is a recipe for failure. Sadly most youth follow this path[/QUOTE]

You've nailed it. I'm 19 and trying so hard to escape poverty...I'm in my second year in college and wants to achieve that before i graduate.

Seriously, reading your write-up has lifted my spirit.
Poverty is really a disease. Only those who are poor or have been will emphatically understand its severity.
You just have to deal with it,else the sky will fall.
Even if i'm not the OP, i'm glad i read this.
Thank you so much
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Oturatetuala(m): 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2022
Any yahoo in the house wey dey do estate property job abeg make we aline.
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by pansophist(m): 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2022
Starlight252:

You've nailed it. I'm 19 and trying so hard to escape poverty...I'm in my second year in college and wants to achieve that before i graduate.

Seriously, reading your write-up has lifted my spirit. Poverty is really a disease. Only those who are poor or have been will emphatically understand its severity. You just have to deal with it,else the sky will fall. Even if i'm not the OP, i'm glad i read this. Thank you so much

You're welcome mate cool

Furthermore, start seeing life as a race that everyone must cover. So as an analogy, all of us must run a 100km distance marathon, and those that started running earlier enough will go further even if they walk.

Now imagine that you and I have three weeks to run to Abuja from Lagos. I started running from day one while you started two weeks late. Even if I walk the whole three weeks, I'll reach Abuja before you simply because I have started earlier, and even if I miss the road, I can still correct myself. Time, not just health, is also wealth.

Your years on this earth is the time you have to reach the finish line, the earlier you start to run, the better for you. So you must understand wealth not as a tangible thing only (e.g. money), but also as an intangible thing such as time (being young), health, freedom (not in jail), autonomy (not a slave to anyone or a debtor), hope (time to achieve what you set for yourself).

I asked my dad a few years ago how it feels to be old, and his answer shocked me. He said "you'll know that you're old when you have more regrets than hope". At seventy, no matter how motivated, disciplined and consistent you are, it doesn't matter because you have no time on earth. If you have a child then, you'll have less time to watch them grow and be a grand dad.

When you're seventy, you can't do most things you'll want to do, no matter how wealthy you are. You can't be an athlete, go back to school, or train hard for something that takes time (e.g. competitive sports). It's hard to build your business then, and you just watch as people you know in your age range die one after the other.

It saddens me to see that the university which should be a place where youth sharpens their resolve to be formidable and competent as they navigate the world, has been a breeding ground for prostitution, cultism, to play and have fun at the expense of their future and the society at large. School now is a place that produces the opposite of what it stands for.

I'm writing this to point out to you how important your youth is, and not to waste it, or not count your blessings because you think you're not materially rich. Don't ignore the blessings you have for one you don't have. It's how you lose. So my guy, I'm writing from a place of love. I wish you well.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Philip4564(m): 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2022
PacAmaru:
Using myself as a case study,at 17 I was partying,fvvcking, smoking with friends, being stubborn at home,at 18 I started having sense because my parents were not giving me stipends anymore so I thought I needed a little job,damn I started having sense because I was spending more time at work and less time with the guys,I started supporting the house and becoming little relevant,later I stopped the work,at 19 I was frustrated and bored of staying at home without Working,just facing troubles and more troubles, God helped I got employed again and I started thinking of going to a military school this time so I saved up by then I was 20/21,I achieved it,paid all my fees for my nd1 and started marine Navy academy,after my nd1 I dropped out because I couldn't pay my fees anymore,dad isn't working neither is mom,just side Hussle and I didn't want to bother them about me,it's my life so I have to fix it,I don't blame them at all for being broke and not meeting up like other rich parents,so last year I came accross some life changing threads here on Nairaland,that was how my life changed and I became a man of value and everybody wants to come to me cus I have a skill now and I get money wey no go ever fit reach my last card....OP you are very young but there is no time,learn a skill,learn tailoring or barbing,just get a skill,try to be the best version of urself,do workouts,gym,you'll be good
If I may ask what skill did you learn just willing to know
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Nyascobar1414: 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2022
pansophist:

You're welcome mate cool

Furthermore, start seeing life as a race that everyone must cover. So as an analogy, all of us must run a 100km distance marathon, and those that started running earlier enough will go further even if they walk.

Now imagine that you and I have three weeks to run to Abuja from Lagos. I started running from day one while you started two weeks late. Even if I walk the whole three weeks, I'll reach Abuja before you simply because I have started earlier, and even if I miss the road, I can still correct myself. Time, not just health, is also wealth.

Your years on this earth is the time you have to reach the finish line, the earlier you start to run, the better for you. So you must understand wealth not as a tangible thing only (e.g. money), but also as an intangible thing such as time (being young), health, freedom (not in jail), autonomy (not a slave to anyone or a debtor), hope (time to achieve what you set for yourself).

I asked my dad a few years ago how it feels to be old, and his answer shocked me. He said "you'll know that you're old when you have more regrets than hope". At seventy, no matter how motivated, disciplined and consistent you are, it doesn't matter because you have no time on earth. If you have a child then, you'll have less time to watch them grow and be a grand dad.

When you're seventy, you can't do most things you'll want to do, no matter how wealthy you are. You can't be an athlete, go back to school, or train hard for something that takes time (e.g. competitive sports). It's hard to build your business then, and you just watch as people you know in your age range die one after the other.

It saddens me to see that the university which should be a place where youth sharpens their resolve to be formidable and competent as they navigate the world, has been a breeding ground for prostitution, cultism, to play and have fun at the expense of their future and the society at large. School now is a place that produces the opposite of what it stands for.

I'm writing this to point out to you how important your youth is, and not to waste it, or not count your blessings because you think you're not materially rich. Don't ignore the blessings you have for one you don't have. It's how you lose. So my guy, I'm writing from a place of love. I wish you well.

bravo.

1 Like

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Blake755: 7:57pm On Jul 19, 2022
pansophist:
At 20, you have the wealth of time. To tell you how important time is, will you prefer to be a billionaire at 90 years old, or just average at 20? Well, I'm sure you'll pick average at 20. That's how important time is. If you learn a skill and start a business with it, in even five years time, if you're good, you'll be set for life. The formula of wasting your 20's studying some useless course just to be in school, measure shoulders with friends, and indulging in hedonism is a recipe for failure. Sadly most youth follow this path. Is it not proof enough that most graduates are unemployed, underemployed, and wrongly employed ? And even those with good jobs self are paid lower?

Forget about university, that's assuming you have finished secondary school. Studying in Nigeria is to prepare for the past, for sure not the present, and definitely not the future. If you must study, look for an online university from the west, and get your degree there. Also start a business. If you start a business today at 20, when you're 30, your business is 10 years old, and would have grown so much to set you for life. Then your 30's would means you're an eligible suitor, and you'll enjoy the attention women enjoy right from young.

And on business, the skills that most people look down on can give you billions. The differences between KFC and Aboki chicken is marketing, packaging, structure, expansion, modernising, and other know-how to grow a business. Also garment making, you can keep improving yourself, follow market trends about whats on reign, register your business, professionalise it, expand, and you can actually be as big as Nike. The mind is your limit, not the sky. Search for grassfield on Instagram, the two Cameroonian sisters built a multi million dollars company selling African clothes online. Same clothes that lots of talented tailors just restrict themselves to small shops. Same with Gymshark wears, "dollars having club" and many more.

your 30's would be a phase of a committed relationship, kids, and being responsible. You don't want to be in your 30's and broke, and then you're too big and egoistic to start low, and financial burden from parents begin piling up. You can be forgiving in your 20's if you can't deliver, but not your 30's. So when you voluntarily go handle life's impending responsibilities before it comes knocking, you'll be stronger and equipped to win, but if the responsibilities come knocking on your door when you're not ready (eg you're 30 feeling ashamed and start looking for a job and a wife), life would be hell.

20's are the age of trial and error, you have time, and please don't waste it partying. It goes so fast. Suffer now and enjoy layer. The truth every wealthy person know is that life is a race against time. Your opponent is not the economy, government, friends, but with time. So start running early, so by 30, it's easier to reach the goal post from the middle, instead of from the starting point. Time is the most important currency in the world. Talk to lots of old people, and they will tell you this. Don't wait until you're old to find out, use your youth and start building.

I see many of my age mate (I am in my early 30's) and feel sorry for them. Many of them wasted it doing rubbish, spending it studying some useless course, without understanding the age we are in. They operated in the template of the past, that their parent operated in without the consciousness to see that times has changed. All my 20's was spent hustling, meanwhile, at 20's, many think they are young and have time. When you're 20 years old, 30 seems far. But when you're 30, 35 seems closer, and then you'll have a bigger responsibilities in your hand, and you must deliver, or else? Hmmm.

When you're in your 20's, you can be stupid, and people won't be disgusted by you. You're a potential, you can be anything, and will easily be forgiving, but it's not the same in your 30's. In your 30's the question is, "what are you doing", not, "what do you want to be"?. Girls would also be disgusted by you if your life is not put together and you'll have a low self esteem, and for a right reason because there is nothing virtous about about an old infant. People will disrespect you and if you're not a strong person in spirit, it's just a one way road to hell from there.

You can argue that hell is an afterlife thing, but i can tell you for free that hell is also here on earth. There are people living in hell, and you'll know because they'll be so ashame to look at your eyeball, because they don't want you to see the hell they are in. And in many case, those in hell are usually older people that wasted time they can't recover, but when they learnt that lesson, it's just too late. I repeat, time is your opponent, and don't waste it. For that's the true meaning of "make hay, while the sun shine".

But preferably, I would advice to learn a skill. Even me that went to university, I haven't seen my certificate for years, I just pack am one side. My skills business that I started in my 20's feed me, I can't be sacked. So learn a skill and start a business with it. Tailoring, shoemaking, car repair, IT etc.
Hello sir can I get your WhatsApp number
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by pansophist(m): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2022
Blake755:

Hello sir can I get your WhatsApp number

Send me an email. Its on my profile. Email not pm.

2 Likes

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Sambaby7640: 9:54pm On Jul 19, 2022
PacAmaru:
Using myself as a case study,at 17 I was partying,fvvcking, smoking with friends, being stubborn at home,at 18 I started having sense because my parents were not giving me stipends anymore so I thought I needed a little job,damn I started having sense because I was spending more time at work and less time with the guys,I started supporting the house and becoming little relevant,later I stopped the work,at 19 I was frustrated and bored of staying at home without Working,just facing troubles and more troubles, God helped I got employed again and I started thinking of going to a military school this time so I saved up by then I was 20/21,I achieved it,paid all my fees for my nd1 and started marine Navy academy,after my nd1 I dropped out because I couldn't pay my fees anymore,dad isn't working neither is mom,just side Hussle and I didn't want to bother them about me,it's my life so I have to fix it,I don't blame them at all for being broke and not meeting up like other rich parents,so last year I came accross some life changing threads here on Nairaland,that was how my life changed and I became a man of value and everybody wants to come to me cus I have a skill now and I get money wey no go ever fit reach my last card....OP you are very young but there is no time,learn a skill,learn tailoring or barbing,just get a skill,try to be the best version of urself,do workouts,gym,you'll be good
which Skill is that if I may ask sir
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Blake755: 11:20pm On Jul 19, 2022
pansophist:

Check your mail
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Gomezbilli: 6:39am On Jul 20, 2022
Big Step…! Big Move…! Udemy Clone-A Big Step to Move Forward

Most awaiting move now happens for you! The E-learning industry welcomes new players to take more steps beyond limits. Udemy clone from us keeps your moves forward and smart. Connect Now!

https://www.trioangle.com/blog/what-are-key-functions-of-udemy-clone-script/

WhatsApp: +91 6379630152
E-mail: sales@trioangle.com

#UdemyCloneScript #UdemyClone #UdemycloneApp #ApplikeUdemy #business #businessideas

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Blake755: 7:17pm On Jul 20, 2022
pansophist:

I replied check your mail
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Kipaji: 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2022
pansophist:
At 20, you have the wealth of time. To tell you how important time is, will you prefer to be a billionaire at 90 years old, or just average at 20? Well, I'm sure you'll pick average at 20. That's how important time is. If you learn a skill and start a business with it, in even five years time, if you're good, you'll be set for life. The formula of wasting your 20's studying some useless course just to be in school, measure shoulders with friends, and indulging in hedonism is a recipe for failure. Sadly most youth follow this path. Is it not proof enough that most graduates are unemployed, underemployed, and wrongly employed ? And even those with good jobs self are paid lower?

Forget about university, that's assuming you have finished secondary school. Studying in Nigeria is to prepare for the past, for sure not the present, and definitely not the future. If you must study, look for an online university from the west, and get your degree there. Also start a business. If you start a business today at 20, when you're 30, your business is 10 years old, and would have grown so much to set you for life. Then your 30's would means you're an eligible suitor, and you'll enjoy the attention women enjoy right from young.

[•••]

Just THANK YOU pansophist. Sir, this is precious advice.

1 Like

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Kipaji: 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. How far you will go in life is dependent on a melange of factors y'all don't seem to consider, take note of or blatantly choose to be oblivious.

2. Everyone just wants to think and grow rich, become a richer dad, and think big with some power of positive thinking. Alongside, determination, endurance, persistency, consistency, zealouness, and medium to long-term insomnia in the pursuit of your big dreams.
Wait. All these are vital in the race to success, they must be included in your toolbox. But some factors are the true determinant of success, and if these factors don't play in your favor, you may not win in the race of life - many don't win, and it is not their fault.

3. We have been blinded and romance by the survivorship bias: we see the few successful people and don't care about the majority that tried and failed. We always see the exceptions and do think we are the exceptions - those majority had the same thought too.

4. The most important factors:

A. Your country of birth.

B. Your genetics.

C. Your biology.

D. Your family background.

E. Your place of residence.

F. State of politics in your place of residence.

G. State of economics in your place of residence.

H. The information you are allowed to access.

I. The information you are not allowed to access.

J. The zeitgeist of your place of residence.

K. The legislature of your place of residence.

L. Your place of residence and foreign politics.

M. The existing religions circulating your place of residence.

O. Time and chance.

P. actions and behaviors of people.

Q. State of affair in your place of residence. Are there infrastructures? What about basic human necessities?

R. Luck (the most underrated of all).

Thank you for the gems Mr. Cave

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Kipaji: 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2022
CaveAdullam:

Well said. I concur.

I'm not a fan of "follow your passion/happiness" either. In addition to truth and what's right, I'd add that one should follow meaning.

1 Like

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by CaveAdullam: 4:03am On Jul 22, 2022
Kipaji:

Thank you for the gems Mr. Cave

For you and others, I will keep improving.

1 Like

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by virginboy1(m): 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2022
pansophist:

And on business, the skills that most people look down on can give you billions. The differences between KFC and Aboki chicken is marketing, packaging, structure, expansion, modernising, and other know-how to grow a business. Also garment making, you can keep improving yourself, follow market trends about whats on reign, register your business, professionalise it, expand, and you can actually be as big as Nike. The mind is your limit, not the sky. Search for grassfield on Instagram, the two Cameroonian sisters built a multi million dollars company selling African clothes online. Same clothes that lots of talented tailors just restrict themselves to small shops. Same with Gymshark wears, "dollars having club" and many more.

your 30's would be a phase of a committed relationship, kids, and being responsible. You don't want to be in your 30's and broke, and then you're too big and egoistic to start low, and financial burden from parents begin piling up. You can be forgiving in your 20's if you can't deliver, but not your 30's. So when you voluntarily go handle life's impending responsibilities before it comes knocking, you'll be stronger and equipped to win, but if the responsibilities come knocking on your door when you're not ready (eg you're 30 feeling ashamed and start looking for a job and a wife), life would be hell.

20's are the age of trial and error, you have time, and please don't waste it partying. It goes so fast. Suffer now and enjoy layer. The truth every wealthy person know is that life is a race against time. Your opponent is not the economy, government, friends, but with time. So start running early, so by 30, it's easier to reach the goal post from the middle, instead of from the starting point. Time is the most important currency in the world. Talk to lots of old people, and they will tell you this. Don't wait until you're old to find out, use your youth and start building.

I see many of my age mate (I am in my early 30's) and feel sorry for them. Many of them wasted it doing rubbish, spending it studying some useless course, without understanding the age we are in. They operated in the template of the past, that their parent operated in without the consciousness to see that times has changed. All my 20's was spent hustling, meanwhile, at 20's, many think they are young and have time. When you're 20 years old, 30 seems far. But when you're 30, 35 seems closer, and then you'll have a bigger responsibilities in your hand, and you must deliver, or else? Hmmm.

When you're in your 20's, you can be stupid, and people won't be disgusted by you. You're a potential, you can be anything, and will easily be forgiving, but it's not the same in your 30's. In your 30's the question is, "what are you doing", not, "what do you want to be"?. Girls would also be disgusted by you if your life is not put together and you'll have a low self esteem, and for a right reason because there is nothing virtous about about an old infant. People will disrespect you and if you're not a strong person in spirit, it's just a one way road to hell from there.

You can argue that hell is an afterlife thing, but i can tell you for free that hell is also here on earth. There are people living in hell, and you'll know because they'll be so ashame to look at your eyeball, because they don't want you to see the hell they are in. And in many case, those in hell are usually older people that wasted time they can't recover, but when they learnt that lesson, it's just too late. I repeat, time is your opponent, and don't waste it. For that's the true meaning of "make hay, while the sun shine".

But preferably, I would advice to learn a skill. Even me that went to university, I haven't seen my certificate for years, I just pack am one side. My skills business that I started in my 20's feed me, I can't be sacked. So learn a skill and start a business with it. Tailoring, shoemaking, car repair, IT etc.

Word and Words of Wisdom
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by virginboy1(m): 8:49am On Jul 23, 2022
pansophist:

As an example, If you go to the gym motivated to lift weight starting with 30kg, then in about 3 months time, you might be lifting almost double the weight you're lifting today. But if you have to lift your 30kg brother quickly to the nearest hospital but can't because you're weak, the consequence can be devastating, with a risk of loss of life. Thats why it's good to go face responsibilities before It comes knocking. So no fear abeg, regret is even worse.

And if you think it's hard now, then wait when you're 30, and even worse when you're 40, then its even harder and sorrowful. Redemption day is not fun.

Pansophist and CaveAdullam on same thread... Awesome... I knew it will be a nourishing one. These are the kind of threads that supposed to hit frontage.
Not portable this, portable that everything undecided

"Make I open my brain to absorb series of words of wisdom." cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by virginboy1(m): 8:54am On Jul 23, 2022
PacAmaru:

Please can you share on what type of skills you aquired over this years. And how long it took you to gather this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drop A Broke Man Quote / This Is Why They Say “Life No Balance.” [Pics] / Top 5 Mistakes Men Make In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.