Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? (4649 Views)

Guy Takes The Virginity Of A Teenager, Calls Her "Cheap Slut", Shares Their Pic / Teenager Flashes Her Bum In A Revealing Ankara Outfit For Her Prom Night / Delta Pastor Dies During Sex Romp With Teenager In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by LogicBomb8: 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2022
PacAmaru:
Using myself as a case study,at 17 I was partying,fvvcking, smoking with friends, being stubborn at home,at 18 I started having sense because my parents were not giving me stipends anymore so I thought I needed a little job,damn I started having sense because I was spending more time at work and less time with the guys,I started supporting the house and becoming little relevant,later I stopped the work,at 19 I was frustrated and bored of staying at home without Working,just facing troubles and more troubles, God helped I got employed again and I started thinking of going to a military school this time so I saved up by then I was 20/21,I achieved it,paid all my fees for my nd1 and started marine Navy academy,after my nd1 I dropped out because I couldn't pay my fees anymore,dad isn't working neither is mom,just side Hussle and I didn't I have to fix it,I don't blame them at all for being broke and not meeting
pls drop link to those life changing threads
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by AlphaTaikun: 2:48am On Aug 08, 2022
CaveAdullam:

Well said. I concur.

1. To try to escape the rat race is a rat race itself. Even if you escape the marathon rat race run by everyone, you'll still enter a race run by elites. Or a race that involves maintaining peace of mind. Life is an unending race. The only true escape or rest is death.

2. Humans have an insatiable void that must constantly be fed. You are hungry, you run the race to get food; and when you eventually get the food you want to store plenty of it so that you won't race for food again. Once you have gathered plenty you want to secure it. Once you have secured it you want to search for people you'll love to share with...the hole is infinite.

Contentment is a temporal phase. True contentment is only achievable through death.

3. Though I concur with your submission, I AM NOT A FAN OF DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY. Happiness is subjective, it is based on bias, sentiments, and feelings. With that line of thought, it will be hypocritical to condemn evildoers, because doing evil makes them happy.

Corruption makes some people happy. Oppression makes some people happy. Murder makes some people happy. Stealing makes some people happy. Evil in whatever style, font, and color makes some people happy.

4. You can't condemn the people above for their crimes because it is what makes them happy. And since happiness is subjective, you can't compel anyone to love what you love or to follow what makes you happy.

5. Communal strength grows when individuals forsake their sentiments and pursue a common long-lasting goal. This is how civilization grows. If the military arm and security arm of government should choose what makes them happy, we all would have been dead by now.

6. Civilization is built by the hands of men who see a better future that they will not participate in, but still, break their backs through sweat and blood to make that future attainable for generations unborn.

If great icons like Michael Faraday, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela, Abraham Lincoln, Albert Einstein, etc. decided to do what makes them happy, probably, we wouldn't have reached this stage.

But you may say the actions of these people made them happy as they were passionate about their professions. But you must also consider that these actions or professions served the whole population. It is not even easy demonstrating their feats. That's why they are few compared to the general population.

7. Individuals desire some specific things for themselves, everyone doesn't want the same thing and it is fine. But in our pursuit of individual gratification, we must not forget the communal bond we share and civilization growth. Because once we fail to, we bounce back to chaos again.

8. Hence, I AM A FAN OF PURSUE TRUTH AND DO WHAT IS RIGHT EVEN THOUGH IT GOES AGAINST YOUR FEELINGS.

Once you submit yourself to truth, wisdom, knowledge, and understanding, you can then know what happiness and peace of mind entail. It is a transcendent life that's void of useless guilt, calculating, and boldness. It is built to understand human nature, actions, and behaviors and how to counter it. Because truth be told evil can't be eradicated. But everyone must be built to fight it in whatever manner they appear - oppressors, manipulators, predators, and dictators.

This is how you will enjoy your life even though it is short.

9. But if we continue to find enjoyment in what makes us happy and hedonism, we shouldn't complain about the evils of others because that's what makes them happy too.

Thanks.
Nicely put... Word!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Eastcoastboy(m): 12:52pm On Sep 02, 2022
PacAmaru:
Using myself as a case study,at 17 I was partying,fvvcking, smoking with friends, being stubborn at home,at 18 I started having sense because my parents were not giving me stipends anymore so I thought I needed a little job,damn I started having sense because I was spending more time at work and less time with the guys,I started supporting the house and becoming little relevant,later I stopped the work,at 19 I was frustrated and bored of staying at home without Working,just facing troubles and more troubles, God helped I got employed again and I started thinking of going to a military school this time so I saved up by then I was 20/21,I achieved it,paid all my fees for my nd1 and started marine Navy academy,after my nd1 I dropped out because I couldn't pay my fees anymore,dad isn't working neither is mom,just side Hussle and I didn't want to bother them about me,it's my life so I have to fix it,I don't blame them at all for being broke and not meeting up like other rich parents,so last year I came accross some life changing threads here on Nairaland,that was how my life changed and I became a man of value and everybody wants to come to me cus I have a skill now and I get money wey no go ever fit reach my last card....OP you are very young but there is no time,learn a skill,learn tailoring or barbing,just get a skill,try to be the best version of urself,do workouts,gym,you'll be good

Such an interesting time.

Please which skill did you learn?
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Bouncing2(m): 9:59pm On Sep 03, 2022
Arewalegend:
Well job isn't assurance in Nigeria... I suggest get a digital skills, content promotion, affiliate marketing,forex and crypto trading. All this skills are very promising and in school right now a final year and Insha Allahu am paying my bills coutersey crypt0 trading
Teach me bro... please
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by AlphaTaikun: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2022
pansophist:
At 20, you have the wealth of time. To tell you how important time is, will you prefer to be a billionaire at 90 years old, or just average at 20? Well, I'm sure you'll pick average at 20. That's how important time is. If you learn a skill and start a business with it, in even five years time, if you're good, you'll be set for life. The formula of wasting your 20's studying some useless course just to be in school, measure shoulders with friends, and indulging in hedonism is a recipe for failure. Sadly most youth follow this path. Is it not proof enough that most graduates are unemployed, underemployed, and wrongly employed ? And even those with good jobs self are paid lower?

Forget about university, that's assuming you have finished secondary school. Studying in Nigeria is to prepare for the past, for sure not the present, and definitely not the future. If you must study, look for an online university from the west, and get your degree there. Also start a business. If you start a business today at 20, when you're 30, your business is 10 years old, and would have grown so much to set you for life. Then your 30's would means you're an eligible suitor, and you'll enjoy the attention women enjoy right from young.

And on business, the skills that most people look down on can give you billions. The differences between KFC and Aboki chicken is marketing, packaging, structure, expansion, modernising, and other know-how to grow a business. Also garment making, you can keep improving yourself, follow market trends about whats on reign, register your business, professionalise it, expand, and you can actually be as big as Nike. The mind is your limit, not the sky. Search for grassfield on Instagram, the two Cameroonian sisters built a multi million dollars company selling African clothes online. Same clothes that lots of talented tailors just restrict themselves to small shops. Same with Gymshark wears, "dollars having club" and many more.

your 30's would be a phase of a committed relationship, kids, and being responsible. You don't want to be in your 30's and broke, and then you're too big and egoistic to start low, and financial burden from parents begin piling up. You can be forgiving in your 20's if you can't deliver, but not your 30's. So when you voluntarily go handle life's impending responsibilities before it comes knocking, you'll be stronger and equipped to win, but if the responsibilities come knocking on your door when you're not ready (eg you're 30 feeling ashamed and start looking for a job and a wife), life would be hell.

20's are the age of trial and error, you have time, and please don't waste it partying. It goes so fast. Suffer now and enjoy layer. The truth every wealthy person know is that life is a race against time. Your opponent is not the economy, government, friends, but with time. So start running early, so by 30, it's easier to reach the goal post from the middle, instead of from the starting point. Time is the most important currency in the world. Talk to lots of old people, and they will tell you this. Don't wait until you're old to find out, use your youth and start building.

I see many of my age mate (I am in my early 30's) and feel sorry for them. Many of them wasted it doing rubbish, spending it studying some useless course, without understanding the age we are in. They operated in the template of the past, that their parent operated in without the consciousness to see that times has changed. All my 20's was spent hustling, meanwhile, at 20's, many think they are young and have time. When you're 20 years old, 30 seems far. But when you're 30, 35 seems closer, and then you'll have a bigger responsibilities in your hand, and you must deliver, or else? Hmmm.

When you're in your 20's, you can be stupid, and people won't be disgusted by you. You're a potential, you can be anything, and will easily be forgiving, but it's not the same in your 30's. In your 30's the question is, "what are you doing", not, "what do you want to be"?. Girls would also be disgusted by you if your life is not put together and you'll have a low self esteem, and for a right reason because there is nothing virtous about about an old infant. People will disrespect you and if you're not a strong person in spirit, it's just a one way road to hell from there.

You can argue that hell is an afterlife thing, but i can tell you for free that hell is also here on earth. There are people living in hell, and you'll know because they'll be so ashame to look at your eyeball, because they don't want you to see the hell they are in. And in many case, those in hell are usually older people that wasted time they can't recover, but when they learnt that lesson, it's just too late. I repeat, time is your opponent, and don't waste it. For that's the true meaning of "make hay, while the sun shine".

But preferably, I would advice to learn a skill. Even me that went to university, I haven't seen my certificate for years, I just pack am one side. My skills business that I started in my 20's feed me, I can't be sacked. So learn a skill and start a business with it. Tailoring, shoemaking, car repair, IT etc.
Nicely put.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Kingofhoes: 9:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
chatinent:
1. Avoid the yahoo boys and hoes.

2. Work smart for money.

3. Value what God provides.

You'll grow ... little by little... but you'll grow.
What of young men 20 years of age to be precise that their career path requires them to take 5 years in the uni e.g military and police OFFICERS
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by chatinent: 9:16pm On Feb 17, 2023
Kingofhoes:
What of young men 20 years of age to be precise that their career path requires them to take 5 years in the uni e.g military and police OFFICERS

Do few years in the army or police. Save money, and establish yourself.
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by Kingofhoes: 9:46pm On Feb 17, 2023
chatinent:

Do few years in the army or police. Save money, and establish yourself.
That's why the OFFICERS were in capital. it's a career we have to peak in to become generals etc. OFFICERS not SOLDIERS
Re: How Does A Young Teenager Figure Out What To Do In Life? by STOICREALIST: 10:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
The5DME:
Let's assume you were giving this advice to your junior brother; how'd you suggest a young boy(less than 21) figure out what to do in life, or how did you figure out what to do with yours at that age range?

Cc: pansophist pls help

I recommend you use the Ikigai Workbook. It is very good. Then turn your Ikigai into a job/money making venture. Create a business around it and seek/strive to grow the business.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Conversation With A Lunatic From India(photos) / Is This Why Alot Of Nigerian Guys Are Single ?(pics) / My Virginity Is Up For Auction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.