Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Share Your Worst Business Experience - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Worst Business Experience (16377 Views)

Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life / I Am Starting My First Business With No Prior Business Experience / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Hassanmaye(m): 1:01pm On Aug 24, 2021
StayMotivated:
CRYPTO
Please tell me you are joking
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by lifenija: 1:01pm On Aug 24, 2021
mhizmeme:
chin chin and peanut business. I was the producer and the customer
lol

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by LikeAking: 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2021
E go beta.

If i talk my own, many people go shed tears.

I just moved on. I am better and wiser.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Olubi15: 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2021
Mine was poultry business,lost over 200 birds in a day.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by MrHealth(m): 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2021
This picture below mirrors the life of majority of people. THEY LIVE ON DRUGS DAILY.

How long will you keep SWALLOWING DRUGS
How long will you keep SWALLOWING PILLS
HOW long will you keep SWALLOWING MEDICINE

Your body is not made of Drugs
Your body is not made of Medicine
Your body is made up of CELLS

ONLY CELLS CAN REPAIR CELLS

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by czarr(m): 1:03pm On Aug 24, 2021
To be entrepreneur no be chice, especially for nigeria

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2021
Aestheticsdude:

Is it lucrative? I was thinking of going into the biz too
It is, if you go into wholesales and you did u take time to survey ur business location.

My business location also gave me a lot of headache; I forgot to include that in my initial response.
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by lifenija: 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2021
Olubi15:
Mine was poultry business,lost over 200 birds in a day.
hw

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by gbengaoyeladun(m): 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2021
I don't like to remember the incident... I venture into farming business that was introduce to me by a friend ...I bought snails of about#200k and the next morning I don't see anything again..they all walk away

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by bigpastor(m): 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2021
Winthrills
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Nkitara: 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
post=105130287:
THE HOME TRUTH!
If the truth wanna kill some people, let them die.... NOW!!!

You are really sick dude, nothing fun about you. You must be a freak or something.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Carbon2Oxide: 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
gbengaoyeladun:
I don't like to remember the incident... I venture into farming business that was introduce to me by a friend ...I bought snails of about#200k and the next morning I don't see anything again..they all walk away

cheesy cheesy
This is funny

22 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by DanceVille: 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2021
Purchasing a laptop in order to get myself trained for Programming and graphics design buh along the line the laptop got faulty and there isn't money to repair it again.

I was so desperate to have some cash in my purse due to the state I was then, had to sell the laptop in order to get means end. Till now, I haven't even reached 20% of acquiring the knowledge.

So painful!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by SeaTrade(m): 1:18pm On Aug 24, 2021
Going through one currently .
Sold a huge portion of my stock,made profits but inflation has wiped all the profits because it now cost more than my selling price to purchase from the company .
One hell of a deal really. angry

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2021
Nigeria is bad business.

I no go do Nigeria again.
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by debbydams(f): 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2021
Hummm..I'm into Prov nd food stuffs nd I sell in student area I was doing fine before the lockdown, lockdown came all the student traveled, it Was just the villagers so I stopped the provision I focused on the food stuffs part

I start buying bag of garri den it was 27,000,bag of rice semo and the likes..On this faithful day Ibought two bags of rice not knowing one was good the other one is full of sand it was when I got to shop I noticed I loosed 22k,

During the lock down I manage to open, from where I am to the market is 250naira but because of the lock down I take bike which will cost me 1k to meet up because of the curfew,initially when I'm going back I spend 1200 on tfare but due to the lockdown I spend 3k 4k,there was a time I got stranded.it continues nd everything started going down, I still have to pay for my shop rent embarassed hummm
I started doing peanut using my hand cos I can't afford the machine but groundnut and floor went up even nylon is very expensive I had to stop.
This year I'm trying to pash it up..started doing little contribution I was able to stand little by little,now food stuffs is extremely expensive we buy vegetable oil 10,500 its not 26000, semo 10kg is now double compared to the amount we used to buy,everything is now too expensive,before if with 30k I will buy enof but now with 60k I won't be able to buy anything because I'll want to cover everything..plus sales is down dull lately..

hum mm going business its not easy at all,,there's limit to what I eat..I can't make my hair frequently to cut expenses down,,once I go broke no body will even borrow me money ,I'm broke now sef even the ones that want to borrow will want to get down with me..hmmmm

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by BamakSNR(m): 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2021
gbengaoyeladun:
�lol grin
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Tokskob2008: 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2021
Bought a Nigerian used Honda baby boy some years ago for cab business but it nearly took my life, no day I take it out that I don't get to spend at least 4k on it. Sold it half the amount I bought it at last when it appears it was either going to be my life or the car's, well I chose my life.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Uyi168: 1:30pm On Aug 24, 2021
mhizmeme:
grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by arthurwillia(m): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2021
mhizmeme:

Omo

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Frezhkid10(m): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2021
gbengaoyeladun:
Guy.. you wan finish me with laughter.

21 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by arthurwillia(m): 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2021
gbengaoyeladun:

Mehn this is sad oo

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by cmecproblem(m): 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2021
Poultry business...all the birds died.

11 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Uyi168: 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2021
Tokskob2008:
Bought a Nigerian used Honda baby boy some years ago for cab business but it nearly took my life, no day I take it out that I don't get to spend at least 4k on it. Sold it half the amount I bought it at last when it appears it was either going to be my life or the car's, well I chose my life.
Na bad mouth go kill u.. grin

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by dsocioemmy(m): 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2021
Mehnnn
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by kendological(m): 1:39pm On Aug 24, 2021
gbengaoyeladun:
Funny

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Afromentalist: 1:39pm On Aug 24, 2021
SeaTrade:
Going through one currently now.
Sold a huge portion of my stock,made profits but inflation has wiped all the profits because it now cost more than my selling price to purchase from the company .
One hell of a deal really. angry
The Inflation levels in nigeria is out of this world. Can you imagine a Country with double digits inflation/devaluation rate for almost over a Decade. Whereas in Germany, the coupon and yield of a 10 year Bond is negative.
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by drealcivilceno(m): 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2021
SportsHD:

You failed as a pim.p

So how would you have gone about it.
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by dammywapes(m): 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2021
I venture into football viewing center
First challenge no viewers i paid dstv for 7 months with my money was collective package 18k plus per month
Natural challenges rain enter tv as ineva buy nylon cover my planks tv no on for sm hours later e on
Landlord issues say ah go dey bring thieves for area
Town planning bring quick notice say d land i use kna for house say ah dey use ham for business
Gen knock
My clearance money dstv chop omo e long o make ino dey count ham

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by fatymore(f): 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2021
Lol...
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2021
Tokskob2008:

When the mechanic knows you are a new car owner, that's how it ends with an old car.

My first Honda did the same even after changing engine. I sold it to my mechanic yet he drove it for many years and resold it.

Are you surprised ??

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by fatymore(f): 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2021
dammywapes:
I venture into football viewing center
First challenge no viewers i paid dstv for 7 months with my money was collective package 18k plus per month
Natural challenges rain enter tv as ineva buy nylon cover my planks tv no on for sm hours later e on
Landlord issues say ah go dey bring thieves for area
Town planning bring quick notice say d land i use kna for house say ah dey use ham for business
Gen knock
My clearance money dstv chop omo e long o make ino dey count ham

Ise ayere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fake News Alert: CBN Denies Selling FX To BDCs At ₦‎1,001/$1 / NCC Okays Disconnection Of USSD Services For Banks Over N120bn Debt – Telecom Op / Biography Of Tony Onyemaechi Elumelu | The Man Who Made$123 Million In 3 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.