Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,621 members, 7,809,290 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Share Your Worst Business Experience - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Worst Business Experience (16375 Views)

Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life / I Am Starting My First Business With No Prior Business Experience / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 25, 2021
I don't even want to talk about my own after seeing all these. I just thank God for everything because when there's life, there's hope for a better tomorrow. Business is for the strong-minded honestly. People don't see the stories behind the struggles, all they see is the supposed money you're cashing out daily. To even ask for help or loan is difficult as they see you to be in business and have concluded already. I pray God restore everything we've lost by His grace and power. Everything will be fine someway, somehow.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by lifenija: 4:36pm On Aug 25, 2021
Abigarnics01:
I don't even want to talk about my own after seeing all these. I just thank God for everything because when there's life, there's hope for a better tomorrow. Business is for the strong-minded honestly. People don't see the stories behind the struggles, all they see is the supposed money you're cashing out daily. To even ask for help or loan is difficult as they see you to be in business and have concluded already. I pray God restore everything we've lost by His grace and power. Everything will be fine someway, somehow.
inside life
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Rosement(f): 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
SixKeys:

What business have you done before and you swore never to do it again?
Before starting any business I use to do market research. I study the location of my business and know my target customers.

I have tried several businesses and they all worked at first but they ended up collapsing, I imported items from UK and Dubai, I become the major distributor of two well known drink brands in Nigeria, I ventured into shawarma business and others.

I use to develop my business properly before employing people but nobody can be trusted, no matter how well I treat my employees, they end up ruining my business. Now, I've discovered that my business requires my time and attention.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by authority2006(m): 9:08am On Aug 26, 2021
uncleck:
I planted pineapple orchard. The very first fruit was eaten by thieves. The second, the third... Guess what? I never had a taste of a single fruit from my farm. This is farm I traveled hours to purchase the suckers. I just left the farm for grass to overgrow it and wildfire helped me finish up...

Lol. Thieves na bastards.
The same way I bought a plot of land and decided to plant plantains on it. Uprooted the trees with money, paid for the trees to be cut into pieces and paid to be removed from the area. Went looking for suckers, bought them and paid for the helps I got in planting them. Nursed them and they started bearing fruits. Just then, thieves stepped in. I was still doing the weed clearing like two or three times a year but thieves were the ones harvesting it.
Na so I abandoned it for them. I decided that they too should come and clear weeds three times a year since they were the ones harvesting it. Today, no more plantains on it

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Veryfoolishboy: 10:58am On Aug 26, 2021
authority2006:
[/b]

The same way I bought a plot of land and decided to plant plantains on it. Uprooted the trees with money, paid for the trees to cut into pieces and paid to be removed from the area. Went looking for suckers, bought them and paid for the helps I got in planting them. Nursed them and they started bearing fruits. Just then, thieves stepped in. I was still doing the weed clearing like two or three times a year but thieves were the ones harvesting it.
Na so I abandoned it for them. I decided that they too should come and clear weeds three times a year since they were the ones harvesting it. Today, no more plantains on it
hahahha
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by SecretReporter(f): 9:28am On Aug 28, 2021
CEOwatazs:

Not a link ma..... Was responding to someone who was unable to make the order himself without copying and pasting his order links to his agent.....

Was having an alternative for him that will enable him to make order directly. If that's what you wanna know just buzz up
can I know about the alternative also ?
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by idalex: 12:24pm On Aug 28, 2021
CEOwatazs:

So sorry about that.... Thanks

hlo CEOwatazs kindly reply m pm
thanks
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Offpoint1: 9:00pm On Aug 28, 2021
mhizmeme:
chin chin and peanut business. I was the producer and the customer
grin you no well at allgrin

Never get high on your product
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Born2winnx: 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2021
Afromentalist:

A negative yield is not good for a Bond investor (though it depends on one's goals), but for a cash flow investor like me it makes it very easy to beat inflation. I can buy any asset whose yield is about 3% and earning growth is increasing, and I am very sure to preserve my capital and make profits. In Nigeria, most of your profits are wiped out by inflation, you need to consistently make 15% profits a year to actually break even, inflation/devaluation taken into account.

The point was however to show how other countries are maintaining a reasonable level of inflation.

What's your aim in following me?
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Afromentalist: 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2021
Born2winnx:

What's your aim in following me?

Reading your comments.
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Denko2721987(m): 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
JESUSisKING1:
I can remember vividly in the year, 2004 when I used the first money that I hustle after graduation to a stupid GNLD that a Rev. Introduced me into.
I wasted 25k then on that stupid business. Not only that, I trekked all the nooks and cranies Benin City hawking medicine
After this business debacle, it remain small may I use Stone Stone any body preaching all these food supplements stuff.
After enough hungry wire me for that City, na so I take run run back to my state and later got a contract job at the bank that marked the turning point in my life

Aswear, this post really cracked me the most... Hehehehehhehhhe, u're really funny.
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Flygirla6m(f): 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
Chriswazo:
grin grin I wld have had attack on my chest kiss

Please how do I reach you @Chriswazo it’s urgent
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Chriswazo(m): 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2021
Flygirla6m:

Please how do I reach you @Chriswazo it’s urgent

My email is chriswazo@yahoo.com
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by structuredan(m): 2:14am On Sep 13, 2021
How will it feel to have a steady 2k passive income on daily basis whatsapp me if interested 6.4% on a unit of investment daily 08166633268
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by Chukwumawisdom: 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2021
Cassava Farm.
Back in 2005 after my ND I decided to venture into cassava farming pending when my HND admission will be pure, then Invested my hard saved 12k plus my hard labour and time. After 12months I called one woman that will buy it off Lo and beyond the woman told me that what she will buy it is 4k, after much negotiations she agreed to 4,500 . And since that incident, I have not think of anything called cassava Farm

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by shantti(m): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2021
authority2006:
[/b]

The same way I bought a plot of land and decided to plant plantains on it. Uprooted the trees with money, paid for the trees to be cut into pieces and paid to be removed from the area. Went looking for suckers, bought them and paid for the helps I got in planting them. Nursed them and they started bearing fruits. Just then, thieves stepped in. I was still doing the weed clearing like two or three times a year but thieves were the ones harvesting it.

Was the land fenced
Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by jumpampass(m): 8:22am On Dec 31, 2021
Tokskob2008:
Bought a Nigerian used Honda baby boy some years ago for cab business but it nearly took my life, no day I take it out that I don't get to spend at least 4k on it. Sold it half the amount I bought it at last when it appears it was either going to be my life or the car's, well I chose my life.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Business Experience by jumpampass(m): 8:41am On Dec 31, 2021
Bighead95:
My viewing center biz.....

The environment was full of youngs guys within the estate .... There was a field at the line of my shop as well....

I never knew those guys are all yahoo boys they don't like soccer they just like hanging around withing the estate ....

The people living in the area chai I no just understand..

During star match expecially chelsea I see 1200 or 1500

During top team vs small team I see 600 sometimes 500,700,300

I only show arsenal match just for my self because na only me go watch am ...

I subscribed 9800 every month
I buy fuel most times the electricity Is bad
I will at least buy rechargecard and other misseleniuos for myself ...

Later I realised this biz is not for me after so many endurance ....

Brother, pls run from that cursed place. And go open it in a more populated area. Who no no go like watch football match.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NCC Okays Disconnection Of USSD Services For Banks Over N120bn Debt – Telecom Op / Biography Of Tony Onyemaechi Elumelu | The Man Who Made$123 Million In 3 Weeks / Food Inflation In Nigeria Rises To 17.38% As Inflation Rate Jumps To 14.23%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.