Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation (11142 Views)

Sunday Igboho Sues Gani Adams For Defamation, Seeks N500 Million Compensation / Sanwo-Olu Pays ₦‎70 Million Compensation To Families Of Slain Police Officers / Adams Oshiohmole Accused Of Hijacking INEC Adhoc List In Auchi, Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by viviangist: 6:52am On Aug 24, 2021
Mrs Blessing Swawale, the widow of one of the policemen beheaded and burnt to death by suspected members of the disbanded Indigenous People of Biafra in Oyigbo, Rivers State, has accused her in-laws of collecting the N20m compensation given to her family and other entitlements of her husband.

The woman said she was still in pains following the murder of her husband, Inspector Orman Swawale, on October 20, 2020, when IPOB attacked three police stations in Oyigbo.

Recall that the assailants beheaded four policemen, burnt them beyond recognition and carted away rifles in various stations during the attack on the Oyigbo Police Station in the wake of the #EndSARS protest.

In a voice note to our correspondent on Sunday, Blessing said her late husband’s brother collected the N20m released to her as compensation by the government.

She said, “Since I got married to my husband, I have never seen my husband’s family help us with anything. God blessed us with four children. He (late Orman) was the only one catering for those children. But today, he is no more with me. My children’s school fees and what we eat are on me. When the governor gave us that money, I was not in Port Harcourt. I was in my husband’s village.

“So, one of the policemen that stood in for me handed everything to my husband’s brothers. They took me to a bank where they sent the money. From there, they (in-laws) collected everything from me.

“My husband’s salary that the government is paying, his ATM card and mobile telephone are with them.

“I don’t know what to do with my children. I have handed over myself with my children to God because it is the same God that knows why this thing happened. But day and night I will not stop crying because it was my husband that used to wipe my tears. Now, see what I am passing through. Catholic Prayers

“I think of my husband’s death. I think of what we will eat and what I will use in training my children in school. I am in pain.”

While noting that she had to relocate with her children for fear of being hurt, the widow appealed to the police authorities and the Rivers State Government to help her recover the money to enable her to take care of her children.

The elder brother of the deceased, Mr Felix Swawale, denied the allegations.

He said, “Call her and she will tell you the name of the person that she went to the bank with and N19m entered the hand of that person.

“She has the name of that person. She has the number of that person. Let her give it to you. I have never gone to the bank with her. I have never signed any money with her and I have never collected any money that I denied her.”

However, the widow insisted that Felix knew about it, adding that the family agreed in a meeting to deny her Orman’s entitlements.

A spokesman for the state police command, Nnamdi Omoni, expressed shock over the allegations, urging the widow to make an official report to the command.

“First, let her come to the office so that we can understand what she is saying. We will listen to her,” Omoni stated. ,,

Source: https://punchng.com/policemans-widow-accuses-in-laws-of-hijacking-n20m-compensation/

cc; lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by BigRocky: 6:56am On Aug 24, 2021
.but na why my fellow Nigerians dey behave like this?
70percent of Nigerians are worst than the present leaders occupying various offices.

If government did not pay compensation it would HV made it to news headline and we shout, complain and rest,now compensation has also been paid,the money now has been hijacked...

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by Grace001: 6:56am On Aug 24, 2021
Why take everything from the poor widow

18 Likes

Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by airminem(f): 7:01am On Aug 24, 2021
It's been happening since ADAM.

Something tells me yahoo men(kyaris bois) have diverted the money.

btw, Ipob killing their own thinking they are doing Buhari/apc angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by insidelife22(m): 7:05am On Aug 24, 2021
Evbery Nigeriayan is Qcorrupt.

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by Shedrack777: 7:26am On Aug 24, 2021
they're doing to her what her husband did to we civilians and e sweet me for belle

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by donbachi(m): 7:40am On Aug 24, 2021
For the inlaws mind.dem no know sey na blood money be dis.dem think sey na only who carry human head go babalawo for money ritual,na e do blood money.
Useless and jobless fellows.the policeman dat stood for her husband,should be arrested.he conspired with the inlaws to act in such a way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by RuddyFusion(m): 8:07am On Aug 24, 2021
But why?
Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 8:13am On Aug 24, 2021
Ipig terrorist monkeys will never know peace.
Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by lancome73: 8:17am On Aug 24, 2021
So sad
Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by JubrinElSudan: 8:19am On Aug 24, 2021
Women should do better for themselves. I don't like it when a lady depends solely on a man for everything and it pains me when they start complaining when separation happens. You will see some single mothers after separating from the Ex will start complaining of how taking care of the child(Ren) is killing her because they have left that part entirely to the man not knowing what the future holds. Men, please empower your women, nobody knows tomorrow. Women please try and empower yourselves do, don't leave everything to the man

10 Likes

Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by caandi: 8:20am On Aug 24, 2021
I don’t know why it’s only in Nigeria especially amongst the igbos you will see this level of greed. Amongst brothers of same blood! Just imagine they took the whole 20m! What would the woman use to feed this innocent children and they will end up suffering and the Kids will end up hating their fathers family cos of the struggle, but madam don’t worry, cry no more because the God of the widows never sleeps nor slumbers, just read your scriptures where he promised to be the wife to the widows and father to the fatherless, I tell you they will enjoy that money now but will pay with their blood, if they escape punishment from God believe me their children will reap it! But pls I pray justice abound let government help her so those children don’t end up frustrated and wayward!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by money121(m): 8:20am On Aug 24, 2021
Lobatan
Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by TE7NO7: 8:20am On Aug 24, 2021
Tales by moonlight
Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by joyandfaith: 8:21am On Aug 24, 2021
Many Nigerians don't plan for unseen occurrence.
She should have paid the money into her bank account. Use of trusted lawyer to claim the compensation would save her from the stress.

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by vickydevoka(m): 8:22am On Aug 24, 2021
BigRocky:
70percent of Nigerians are worst than the present leaders occupying various offices.

If government did not pay compensation it would HV made it to news headline and we shout, complain and rest,now compensation has also been paid,the money now has been hijacked...
For 9ja everybody na yahoo yahoo. Hunger dey. 90% of Nigerian today ,if given de money will no hand it over to de woman completely.

When a man get married. He forgets to change his next of kin. N de wife will be scared to tell him, ( male e no be like say him de wish him death ). Wen de dies, de brother will collect de money. That's y I pity women who doesn't have sense today. First of all don't chase ur husband family away. Even if u hate Dem pretend as if u like Dem. If a Igbo people na during burial una go hear am

1 Like

Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by JubrinElSudan: 8:24am On Aug 24, 2021
caandi:
I don’t know why it’s only in Nigeria especially amongst the igbos you will see this level of greed. Amongst brothers of same blood! Just imagine they took the whole 20m! What would the woman use to feed this innocent children and they will end up suffering and the Kids will end up hating their fathers family cos of the struggle, but madam don’t worry, cry no more because the God of the widows never sleeps nor slumbers, just read your scriptures where he promised to be the wife to the widows and father to the fatherless, I tell you they will enjoy that money now but will pay with their blood, if they escape punishment from God believe me their children will reap it! But pls I pray justice abound let government help her so those children don’t end up frustrated and wayward!
So Swawale is now an Igbo name? Onye ara eke ututu like you

4 Likes

Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by Guyman02: 8:25am On Aug 24, 2021
Why bringing IPOB into the murder, did IPOB accept responsibility at anytime?

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by RedEnergy: 8:28am On Aug 24, 2021
If wickedness was an Olympics sport, Nigeria will always get a gold medal.
Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by BigRocky: 8:40am On Aug 24, 2021
vickydevoka:

For 9ja everybody na yahoo yahoo. Hunger dey. 90% of Nigerian today ,if given de money will no hand it over to de woman completely.

When a man get married. He forgets to change his next of kin. N de wife will be scared to tell him, ( male e no be like say him de wish him death ). Wen de dies, de brother will collect de money. That's y I pity women who doesn't have sense today. First of all don't chase ur husband family away. Even if u hate Dem pretend as if u like Dem. If a Igbo people na during burial una go hear am

Dat ur next of kin thing made get sence.
Kudos bro ...
Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 24, 2021
BigRocky:

Our leaders are from us, our police are from us, our soldiers are from us, market women are from us ... when you see them we have seen us

3 Likes

Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by Hushpuppies(m): 8:58am On Aug 24, 2021
caandi:

Swawale is not an Igbo name.
Besides such calamity befall the woman because her husband's brother is the husband's next of kin.

3 Likes

Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by Buksaylor: 9:03am On Aug 24, 2021
Re: Blessing Swawale Accuses In-laws Of Hijacking ₦20 Million Compensation by DLSReigns: 9:06am On Aug 24, 2021
If you think your wife doesn't worth being your next of kin, then you have no business married to her not to talk of her making your babies. Widows need to be protected by law.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

EndSARS Panel: Some Contradictions Of White Paper - Ebun Adegboruwa / Satellite Pictures Of Nigeria Cities( Fraud Population) / #biafran Veterans Storm Aba Streets In Protest These Are War Veterans(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.