Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? (28568 Views)

Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / A Man's Boutique Business From 2005 To 2018 In Pictures / A Lady's Boutique Burgled On The Eve Of Christmas (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by expertman(m): 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2021
MISTAICEY02288:

God bless you richly. You've been so so helpful. I appreciate this... I will keep in touch with you as time goes on.

You welcome sir
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by expertman(m): 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2021
Cortexhills99:
Can I get ideas from you in setting up same in Abuja

That's an idea which I have posted here in the early post.

People in Abuja also buy from Alaba importers and sell at big profits .

There are vans loading from Alaba Lagos direct to Abuja.

All you need is write your names on your goods and the truck will deliver them.to you in Abuja
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by expertman(m): 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2021
akaahs:

I have plans to venture into similar business.
Don't know anybody in alaba market, how can I get started bro? Base in KD

What products do u you and I will gladly give you the importers direct digit.

What's your location?
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by expertman(m): 9:01pm On Aug 25, 2021
fkj950ax:

Great insights into your line of business. Thanks for this. You have done better than all those "Subscribe with N15k to Learn How I Made N1m Profit in 6Months" Crew.

Lol this part made me laugh Subscribe with N15k to Learn How I Made N1m Profit in 6Months" Crew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by Imustnottalk: 9:30pm On Aug 25, 2021
Op you can start small and see how the business goes before thinking of enlarging it
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by bewla(m): 9:45pm On Aug 25, 2021
Sincinnati:
How’s that possible in Ikeja Or is that Rent alone?

Please I need serious answers and breakdowns if you have a realistic knowledge of it.
rent 1:5 million
Interior decorating 1:8 then your what ever iteams

But don't forget I do interior decorat

And I stay within

Ikeja

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by bakesntakes(m): 9:48pm On Aug 25, 2021
Shadowy:

I’m certain you meant 4 mannequins not 40.

Used ones
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by bakesntakes(m): 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2021
Sincinnati:
This is the type of estimate I want.

Thanks you.
You're welcome bro
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by bakesntakes(m): 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2021
theenchanter:
40 mannequins is even too much for a start.
For a standard boutique, I don't think it is
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by bakesntakes(m): 9:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
franklyneo:

Boss please I'm interested in this info, help your boy. I want both your plug in eko and d online contact. Make i start something for my kid bro
Reach out to me on WhatsApp
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by bakesntakes(m): 9:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
Worksunlimited:

Could you hook me up with your contact in eko.. how much e dey sell shirts, jeans and shoes respectively?
Reach me on WhatsApp
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by bakesntakes(m): 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2021
adekennis:
Im interested, can i PM you?

Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by annayawchee: 10:06pm On Aug 25, 2021
IamKizzbrown10:
Well i help a guy with that business plan 2 years and he is nw a boss. A place like ikeja it wil cost u about 1.3m to 1.5m for the rent and design then 750k yearly.
Then buy your goods on wish shopping site. I can help u with that. Just accomodate me bro, i swear i can make u 12 million monthly with my business ideas. Am nt a scammer mind u. So hit me up lets make millions
. And I wonder why the guy you helped didn't accommodate with your million naira ideas...

Just advice and go
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by rexpeter13(m): 10:45pm On Aug 25, 2021
I have some new and used UK clothes for sale over 200pcs
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by Sagay212: 11:02pm On Aug 25, 2021
Seniorwriter:

@OP why do you want to expend huge monies for an offline setup when you can actually get a better sales process via online(eCommerce)....and make as much as $1k monthly.
With the write tools(Platform, Sales Funnel, Freebies & Customer retainership procedure) you can have 1k persons buy @least a product from you even if it's just one a month and if your profit margin is just a dollar multiply it by 1k customers ....
To get 1k customers is easy with a special sales funnel blue print.
Let me give you an insight...imagine you exposed to a blueprint architecture that helps secure 250 students from 4 Nigerian Tertiary Institutions that's 1k customer base and all they do is buy just one of your wears once a month from your eCommerce platform and you pegged your profit @as low as #500 after delivery(some may even foot the delivery cost) ....do the maths as regards your profit monthly....FYI they will keep increasing as long as you deliver and you keep given the freebies in the Sales Blueprint!
Enough said....if you are interested in acquiring or getting the know how to this special sales process kindly reach out via the facebook ID on my profile's personal text stating your NL moniker with the word CONCEPT!

Going through your comments here shows your toxic stupidity is legendary.....Get a life BTW you are not the OP.
You lack simple comprehension ability....can you state how the OP will be scammed from my very detailed sales funnel approach? People like you have a very toxic and backward reasoning!
What stops one from showing others how to do things rightly for optimum profits even if one is earning in millions....your mentality is so skewed and you need to really get help.

@SENIORWRITER

Madman. Go and use your senseless funnel approach to better your life. Hungry wretched scammer. Anoufia Don see 6 million him scamming brain don charge. You should take your own advise. you need the help the most make hungry no kill you and your family due to lack of clients to scam.
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by Thazard(m): 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2021
Spontaneous007:
This tori make me remember when I go work as sales boy for boutique. Chai!

It all happens when I was walking aimlessly the street with nothing to do. I saw one fine shop and entered o. The owner of the shop welcome me like better person, he say “customer sit down. How you dey, Emeka! Come to buy malting and snacks for our customer “… I try explain say I no but cloth say na work I dey find but him know allow me talk. He say make I no worry say he know wetin I dey look for. He say make I just chillex drink malt and eat meat pie. He still go but best for me. Me I no get by choice, I dey chop, dey drink dey go. As I come finish everything.. naso him come ask say wetin I wan buy? I say na him I dey try explain to am say him no listen. I say I no buy anything, na work I dey find.
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by tegaever: 12:03am On Aug 26, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Somebody said 700k for rent yearly..

How much dem dey sell 100 by 50 plot of land for Delta? lipsrsealed

There are certain things one must consider first before venturing into any business... Because if you don't really inquire very well,you may end up remitting all your profits as rent to your landlord...

That is in Delta State. Some shops in Lagos even cost more. Some go for millions of naira.
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by akaahs(m): 12:10am On Aug 26, 2021
expertman:

What products do u you and I will gladly give you the importers direct digit.

What's your location?
Tv, radio set, gen, home theatre, fridge, washing machine, cables all kind.
If can get bulbs, socket, lamp holders, MP3 and small electric/electronic gadgets I ll be glad.
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by franklyneo(m): 2:33am On Aug 26, 2021
bakesntakes:

Ok boss
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by Sincinnati: 2:40am On Aug 26, 2021
I’m very grateful to Lalasticlala for taking this to the front page, I’ve learnt a great deal of information here.

Thanks to everyone that contributed.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by Sincinnati: 2:42am On Aug 26, 2021
OJURONGBE1:
Waste of money if you ask me . Considering how much you'd pay for rent , advert, cost ( salary of staffs & theft inclusive) & business Development.
Take that 6m and shop for 3 Toyota 2004 Corolla & Camry cars on Copart. Import & clear them, add 150-250k on them for sale.
Tell your Vulcanizer /mechanic to find buyers or put it on your social media pages.
Within 1-2weeks, you'll have made almost 600k profit on that investment.
Add money to it & reinvest your profit. You can never go wrong with Toyota cars (especially Corollla & Camry) in this present day naija.

If you want to go through the hire purchase route, import & clear them. Do the paper works (comprehensive insurance inclusive). Put it on Nairaland, Uber Taxify page .
Many people would declare their interest. Do your due diligence ( get an army officer involved) before giving out your car.
Ask for intial downpayment of 300-500k and put it on hire purchase adding 300-500k profit on it. Compound that for 2years.
If the driver breach your contract, you can retrieve your car & sell it for good money. It is Toyota.
With comprehensive insurance, you wouldn't have to worry about accident, as insurance coy would come thru. It may take time but you will be glad you insured your car.

Na soap i cut for you o.
Mehn…. Na who no ask no go know.

Thanks man.
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by Sincinnati: 2:43am On Aug 26, 2021
Britishcoins:
There is huge profit in boutique business in Nigeria, all powered by our Yahoo yahoo youths.. The are the greatest customers.

Back to the topic I saw one niggar saying that 40 mannequins for 200k, my brother, the last one I bought was around 55k each...

MY Brother, the challenge in boutique business is not abt capital, the most important is is good location and management.

I started my own in one road side container but very busy road. Today I have another bigger shop with more that 4 million goods all with capital of 250k
shocked
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by Sincinnati: 2:48am On Aug 26, 2021
Teewai69:
Rent (regular size) - 50,000/month = 600,000
agreement - 100,000
agency fee - 100,000
damages - 100,000
Lightings to your standard - 50,000
Paintings, wallpapers, interiors (your taste matters) - 100,000
Standing mirror - 10,000
Air conditioner 1.5 HP - 180,000 installation inclusive
Glass door (depends on shop size) - 150,000 regular
Mannequins (3) 70,000/1 = 210,000
Hangers - (10packs/dozens for a start)
Cloth shelves and rack - engage furniture guys and also check stainless standing hangers.
Chairs and table
Wall fans (3)
TV, decoder, music decks and speakers
Signage of your name at the entrance of your shop (General advert)

Clothings - I don't know where you're sourcing from eko market, US, UK, China, online international market etc.

I hope this little info helps sha, contact me if you need help. It's my line of business

Thank you sir.

You’ve listed almost everything needed.
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by Sincinnati: 2:54am On Aug 26, 2021
lifenajeje:
Hi

To be realistic 6 million won't be enough especially if the rented space have to be redesigned to soothe ur standard ..

Budgeting 6m means ur target market are those who are ready to spend money on clothing's for you to break even and make profit with time ..

For this kind of business u definately won't be using a single standard shop space but double space shops..

Rent would go btw 800k to 1.5 million but I wouid say keep 2m..

U might find somewhere u love but it's not up to ur budget that is y I have asked u to budget 2m..

If the rent falls lower then better for you ..

Budget 2 million for ur interiors

Bros no shout say i say 2 million ..

The rising cost of materials no be here

The bulk would go to the wood partitioning , Glass display, partition and showcase .. wall papers , paint or 3d design.. electricity.

I.e Glass u can get a quote by 7 am for it and by 12 noon u decide to make transfer to the seller you wouid hear

Oga glass don add money ..

Same thing appiies for wood MBF or HCF depending on the type u wish to use ..

Electricity is gonna take up much .
This one wey one wey one coil from Coleman cables is now 9k don't know the lighting design u might use but u need lots of light to illuminate ur boutique.

The electrical fittings too come to mind .

someone mentioned u can get 40 mannequins at 200k
Don't know if the person is an importer oh

Even locally manufactured ones sell above 10k

The ones a client used for his boutique ranges from 28k

Mannequins are of different types and prices vary..

The Remaining 2ilion should be budgeted for clothes shoes and other stuffs

Annoying thing is when u come back from the market and u try to display the arrange the items u might get discourage that u spent that amount but ur boutique is not full..

Pls don't be discourage .

If u have more money go back to the market but if not this is what u wouid do ..

Let's say u got a double shop seal up one to the public and fill up the single shop ..

The other shop would be like work in progress ..this makes ur shop look Fuller in public eyes instead of displaying scanty items in the double space ..

When u have the funds u can open up the other having restocked properly ..

Now to save money I wouid advice u to ask for quote from three vendors

Go to the market and buy the wood and accessories ,, glass , aluminium and electrical fittings yourself ..

Believe me u wouid save a lot of u procure the items urself ..

Use social media to Target sales around u ....

I hope this helps ..

Thank you sir but the amount you’re quoting dey shake my heart..
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by Sincinnati: 2:55am On Aug 26, 2021
Average9jaman:

shocked shocked 1 mannequin can even reach 50k shocked shocked

This is mind blowing 2 me

Wetin dey mannequin
Something wey dey make people get erections for Kano cheesy
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by alloy123: 3:46am On Aug 26, 2021
Ikeja is a different location..
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Somebody said 700k for rent yearly..

How much dem dey sell 100 by 50 plot of land for Delta? lipsrsealed

There are certain things one must consider first before venturing into any business... Because if you don't really inquire very well,you may end up remitting all your profits as rent to your landlord...
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by Ingleesh: 4:08am On Aug 26, 2021
bakesntakes:
I think 6 million is good enough.

You can get a shop for 700k yearly
Repairs, carpentry works, Electrical & electronics setup, furnitures -(1m should cover everything that needs to be fixed and setup)

Mannequins #200,000 for about 40 pieces

The rest would go into getting authentic wears (shoes, bags, hats, shirts, trousers, belts, etc)

You can get Authentic wears at Eko market or online from international stores online.

I have a plug in Eko market that deals in high grade wears, and I know a couple of online stores that you can get Authentic stuffs.

6million is a great budget

If you need more information, let me know.

Standard mannequins now sell for 70-75k per one
I'm serious ooo
Those shiny ones that you'll fix all parts yourself
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by expertman(m): 6:35am On Aug 26, 2021
akaahs:

Tv, radio set, gen, home theatre, fridge, washing machine, cables all kind.
If can get bulbs, socket, lamp holders, MP3 and small electric/electronic gadgets I ll be glad.

Ok call oga Fredi I posted his number here yesterday already.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by lifenajeje(m): 6:37am On Aug 26, 2021
Sincinnati:
Thank you sir but the amount you’re quoting dey shake my heart..

Ah so u fit speak pidgin ..lol

A client budgeted 2M ended up spending 3.5 at Ago Palace ..

The thing is we are in a country where price fluctuate per seconds ....

Someone gave u a detailed budget above ..u can use that as a guideline ..
Make ur heart no shake ..na u call 6M

People use lesser amount and grow with time ..

Someone mentioned he started with 250k

There are those who wouid use half of ur funds to accomplish this idea.

Everyone's approach to bizness differs .

What worked for A might not work for B..

Just Believe and draw up ur budget
Budgeting helps us as a guide ..

Ur expenditure wouid either be less., Actual or over..

In all just carry go ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by Average9jaman: 6:51am On Aug 26, 2021
Sincinnati:
Something wey dey make people get erections for Kano cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by Intrepid100: 6:58am On Aug 26, 2021
Sincinnati:
This is the type of estimate I want.

Thanks you.

Which type of mannequin will 200k buy 40pcs plz
Re: How Much Can Set Up A Standard Men’s Boutique In Ikeja? by Asabilly1988: 7:15am On Aug 26, 2021
bakesntakes:
I think 6 million is good enough.

You can get a shop for 700k yearly
Repairs, carpentry works, Electrical & electronics setup, furnitures -(1m should cover everything that needs to be fixed and setup)

Mannequins #200,000 for about 40 pieces

The rest would go into getting authentic wears (shoes, bags, hats, shirts, trousers, belts, etc). I need more information please

You can get Authentic wears at Eko market or online from international stores online.

I have a plug in Eko market that deals in high grade wears, and I know a couple of online stores that you can get Authentic stuffs.

6million is a great budget

If you need more information, let me know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks / Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account / Help Me!! My Money Is Missing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.