Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,673 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (861847 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 10:27am On Sep 22, 2021
Congratulations again.
Enjoy Canada!

Bushboy009:
Landing gist

Firstly, Thanks to Almighty God for making this possible. My flight was on 20th (luthfansa) 10:55pm
I Arrived at Mm1 Lagos around 6pm and my bags were weighed, one was 19kg and second was 22kg then I proceedto get my boarding pass . I was asked my Enrollment, Passport, Covid test and school offer letter then I was given my boarding pass . We left Lagos 10:55 to Frankfurt which was about 6hrs + journey . There was 4hours lay over before we continued to Toronto which was about 7hours too . My POE was Toronto and I was asked to login my school portal and show the immigration the courses I enrolled for because I started online September 8 then my study permit was issued then I connected to my flight going to Nova Scotia.. I’m sorry if this is not well detailed. I pray people waiting for Ppr will be answered very soon . Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tourphland(m): 10:28am On Sep 22, 2021
Emmasonic4me:
Please is anyone here travelling to Montreal, Quebec in December? I need a travel gist partner ooo.

Beg ircc to gimme visa, so we can go grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Titan1295(m): 10:35am On Sep 22, 2021
Thanks for your advise. I don't have access to my profile. I suggested an upfront medicals but my agent insisted I should wait for medical request from IRCC.

buchito1:
Do you have access to your profile?

Have you gone for medicals? If No, please go for medicals ASAP.
Also your application has passed standard processing time.

I'd advice you use the Web forms and Emails to remind IRCC and the rest of the team.

Most importantly, keep praying! smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SweetJJ: 10:38am On Sep 22, 2021
SweetJJ:
Thanks guys I received all the congratulations. I will be back shortly. Please someone confirm to me exactly how much we are paying for transmission, is it 8920? I did biometrics in Lagos but I want to send my passport to Abuja. Please help

Please guys help! I need to send this ASAP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 10:42am On Sep 22, 2021
Yes it is.
Congrats

SweetJJ:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GoldenCrown1160: 10:43am On Sep 22, 2021
Hello my people, please how long does it take to get one's passport back from Abuja visa office ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 10:45am On Sep 22, 2021
You might also need this.
Credit: gracedson

How I sent my Passport to Abuja.

I did my Biometrics in Lagos but I sent my passport to Abuja,
So I had to pay a transmission fee of NGN 8,920 to this account
CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.

I bought a fresh brown envelope and added the following documents, so follow:

- Your International Passport itself (That your passport !!)

- Print only 1 copy of the transmission fee payment receipt and put in your envelope

- 2 copies of your passport data page (I printed it in colored copy)

- Those stapled papers that was given to you after the completion of your Biometrics (put them as it is [original copy] not the photocopy)

- The PPR letter (1 copy)

- 1 copy of the Consent form (I filled and signed the second page only) . Download the consent from here: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/dominicanrepublic/pdf/Consent-Form-TTS-English.pdf

- A plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number (this is not really needed though, but I added it)
NOTE: I paid for 2 ways Courier at DHL and insured it to and fro

2 courier means: As I am sending my passport to Abuja, I want Abuja to send back my STAMPED passport to the address I stated on the Courier.

SweetJJ:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 10:51am On Sep 22, 2021
Hello everyone
I sent a webform upper week but I did not get any response email acknowledging they received it.
I sent another one yesterday (another document) and I just received this mail below.
Does that mean they didn't see the first one?
Note: they sent it, using my application number as the subject of the mail

Good day,

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is still under review by our office. Our office is currently experiencing application volumes that exceed our capacity to process all applications within the average processing times cited on our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Our office will contact you as soon as more information or documents are required.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Migration Office | Bureau de migration (SUL)

High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada

P.O. Box / C.P. 1013, Limuru Road, 00621 – Nairobi, Kenya

www.kenya.gc.ca

www.canada.ca/immigration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MadeMan01(m): 11:06am On Sep 22, 2021
Bushboy009:
Landing gist

Firstly, Thanks to Almighty God for making this possible. My flight was on 20th (luthfansa) 10:55pm
I Arrived at Mm1 Lagos around 6pm and my bags were weighed, one was 19kg and second was 22kg then I proceedto get my boarding pass . I was asked my Enrollment, Passport, Covid test and school offer letter then I was given my boarding pass . We left Lagos 10:55 to Frankfurt which was about 6hrs + journey . There was 4hours lay over before we continued to Toronto which was about 7hours too . My POE was Toronto and I was asked to login my school portal and show the immigration the courses I enrolled for because I started online September 8 then my study permit was issued then I connected to my flight going to Nova Scotia.. I’m sorry if this is not well detailed. I pray people waiting for Ppr will be answered very soon . Thanks

Congratulations!!!!. Did you have to get transit visa for Germany to use Lufthansa?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godsfave: 11:16am On Sep 22, 2021
Good morning team,

I’ve received my LOI and counterfoil has dropped too but my passport no news yet.

Is there any other document I’ll be needing from IRCC?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akanoa: 11:23am On Sep 22, 2021
Godsfave:
Good morning team,

I’ve received my LOI and counterfoil has dropped too but my passport no news yet.

Is there any other document I’ll be needing from IRCC?
I don't think so. Please did you receive an email notification when your LOI and counterfoil dropped.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 11:23am On Sep 22, 2021
For NSE, you can use either of the general or academic ielts. So if you have the general, it's fine for your visa application via NSE route.

Asslady7:

I read about NSE when you mentioned it yesterday, aside expediting the process does it have any other effects?
( I won’t like to pay for another test since general isn’t acceptable)
The school mentioned in their requirements that the proficiency test is for country that doesn’t speak English as first language.

The school with affordable fee only offer 1 year PGD courses , I hope it won’t be a problem for my visa application ?
Lastly , who can proof of funds come from ? How is the limit in naira ?

Thank you for your kindness.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lovesarrow: 11:30am On Sep 22, 2021
Congrats dear..
Its raining outside and inside
SweetJJ:
Its PPR guys! I am still shaking! May 14th applicant. The most imperfect application was perfected by my God Jehovah. I kept believing he will perfect my application. He did!
You guys remember my gcms note with Review Required and Subsequently Recommend Interview?

Let me go and mail my passport, I am coming!

My breakfast is served!

Thank You Jehovah!

Thanks guys for all your contributions!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Papapa1234: 11:34am On Sep 22, 2021
You need to take your time to read the thread from start to finish..all the questions asked are embedded tbh..as you read ,you will find it interesting..afterwards you can come back to ask specific question..take you time,dont rush and the General IELTS is acceptable
Asslady7:

I read about NSE when you mentioned it yesterday, aside expediting the process does it have any other effects?
( I won’t like to pay for another test since general isn’t acceptable)
The school mentioned in their requirements that the proficiency test is for country that doesn’t speak English as first language.

The school with affordable fee only offer 1 year PGD courses , I hope it won’t be a problem for my visa application ?
Lastly , who can proof of funds come from ? How is the limit in naira ?

Thank you for your kindness.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lovesarrow: 11:36am On Sep 22, 2021
I have been restored. I am in my new.
He said it and I received it.
#whatGodcannotdodoesnotexist
Fellow NSSPPDIAN
Tinakem:
I kept on saying it and it shall come to pass.
This week shall not pass me by, I'm in my new.
I receive my evidence.
Hallelujah.
Congratulations to all PPR clinchers

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by yetty002: 11:36am On Sep 22, 2021
SweetJJ:
Thanks guys I received all the congratulations. I will be back shortly. Please someone confirm to me exactly how much we are paying for transmission, is it 8920? I did biometrics in Lagos but I want to send my passport to Abuja. Please help
congratulations. I am so happy for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 11:38am On Sep 22, 2021
Congratulations to you dear. Very detailed timeline.

Btw, are you a member of Salvation Ministries? that Matt 6:33 rings a strong bell. Thank you for sharing.
Canada will favor you in Jesus name, Amen
Mine is next in Jesus name,Amen

[quote author=ifeoluwadayofun post=106057782]Come and see what the Lord has done for me.....THE LORD HAS DONE IT.....IT HAS INDEED ENDED IN PRAISE...it's a PPR

The Church I attend is all about "Matthew 6:33". I prayed to God for this application o but Kingdom Advancement prayers (praying that souls will be saved, come to Christ and be established
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olamiikunle(m): 11:39am On Sep 22, 2021
good morning house,
i just started my application into PGD in construction management with background and experience in Architecture.
however, i am trying to open a domiciliary account to transfer POF funds and school fees..(in hope to keep my naira value safe due to the market situation)
hope this is feasible and will be accepted by IRCC has the account will be less than 6months.?
i am grateful for every enlighten on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Papapa1234: 11:41am On Sep 22, 2021
Moderator pls see to this..e never suppose reach ban matter ..all the guru have disappeared finish oooo..all the people getting PPR have benefited from the Gurus ooo...Pity those who would be coming after the guru are no more here..@just wise pls
@frankrobbn @Justmellow. Its been a while..pls dont leave us here oooooooooo
Emmasonic4me:
Congratulations to all the latest PPR recipients!!!

@Lianna2020 created a new moniker to announce her good news and someone mentioned her new account has been banned. I don't know if that claim is valid. However if that's the case, I humbly appeal to the moderator behind this to soft pedal. The lady in question has been very active and contributes positively here thereby enriching the thread. In addition to that, even after getting PPR and landing, she still hanged around to help others. That has not always been the case with so many people that get PPR and disappear (which is understandable because of tight schedule and pressures from work and studies).

Again, the moderator should kindly reconsider his or her position. This is my humble submission.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SweetJJ: 11:42am On Sep 22, 2021
elenewton1:

- Print only 1 copy of the transmission fee payment receipt and put in your envelope

- Those stapled papers that was given to you after the completion of your Biometrics (put them as it is [original copy] not the photocopy)

- 1 copy of the Consent form (I filled and signed the second page only) . Download the consent from here: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/dominicanrepublic/pdf/Consent-Form-TTS-English.pdf

- A plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number (this is not really needed though, but I added it)

2 courier means: As I am sending my passport to Abuja, I want Abuja to send back my STAMPED passport to the address I stated on the Courier.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bushboy009: 11:50am On Sep 22, 2021
MadeMan01:

Congratulations!!!!. Did you have to get transit visa for Germany to use Lufthansa?

No Transit visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bushboy009: 11:51am On Sep 22, 2021
DestinationCann:
Congratulations again.
Enjoy Canada!

Thanks Boss. I’ll be the first person to congratulate you too

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Papapa1234: 11:52am On Sep 22, 2021
Congratulations to all those who got PPR

Pls come back to share your timeline and transcript

Dont give up if refused..no latecomer for Canada..keep pushing.

Congratulations in advance to all hopefuls and intending hopefuls.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godsfave: 11:57am On Sep 22, 2021
Akanoa:

I don't think so. Please did you receive an email notification when your LOI and counterfoil dropped.

Yes i received two do not reply emails

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 12:31pm On Sep 22, 2021
Papapa1234:
You need to take your time to read the thread from start to finish..all the questions asked are embedded tbh..as you read ,you will find it interesting..afterwards you can come back to ask specific question..take you time,dont rush and the General IELTS is acceptable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2021
Lovesarrow:
I have been restored. I am in my new.
He said it and I received it.
#whatGodcannotdodoesnotexist
Fellow NSSPPDIAN

Yes oooo what God cannot does not exist.

Hallelujah

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Soleizzy(m): 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2021
Finally ended in praise.
It's PPR!! Guys
First Time Applicant

Application Submitted - May 13th 2021
Biometrics Request- May 14th
Biometrics done and passed - May 19th
Upfront medical - 24th August
Medical Passed - 30th August
Eligibility review - September 9th
BVL - September 16th
PPR - September 22th

Documents submitted
All Required IMM forms
Admission letter and school fees schedule
Passport photograph
International passport
Father’s 6 months bank statement
Affidavit of sponsorship (father)
Letter of sponsorship (father)
SOP
Police clearance
Birth certificate
Father’s birth certificate
Mother’s birth certificate
Siblings birth certificate (9)
Father’s business documents
If this isn’t God then I don’t know who

38 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2021
Wow. Congrats man
Soleizzy:
Finally ended in praise.
It's PPR!! Guys
First Time Applicant

BVL - September 16th
PPR - September 22th

Documents submitted
All Required IMM forms
Passport photograph
International passport
SOP
Police clearance
Birth certificate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 12:42pm On Sep 22, 2021
Soleizzy:
Finally ended in praise.
It's PPR!! Guys
First Time Applicant

BVL - September 16th
PPR - September 22th

Documents submitted
All Required IMM forms
Passport photograph
International passport
SOP
Police clearance
Birth certificate

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2021
Thanks for sharing. Please which address in Abuja?
elenewton1:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Genyc: 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2021
According to IRCC, you do not need to submit any new LOA, they’ll keep processing applications till up to 150 days since your term started

Temmyturpeh:
Hello gurus in the ouz!

Good morning all. Pls I want to be sure if it's necessary to still upload new LOA I received xterday for spring intake after I deferred the admission and I've received the correspondence letter or I should hold on until the PPR drops?.

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Soleizzy(m): 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2021
elenewton1:

If I did my biometrics n medicals in Abuja will I still need to pay the transmission fee?.what about the consent form aswell?

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.