Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (854179 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nanorest: 6:41am On Sep 28, 2021
Fatuse:
Your school fees + living expenses of 10k Cad
How much is school fees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Rbae: 6:57am On Sep 28, 2021
RxOtunba:
It's with great joy that I announce my brother's study permit which got approved and stamped passport came back today from Abuja!!!! It's a long post, but I'll make it as brief as possible.

Application Submitted: 14th December, 2020
Biometrics: 15th December, 2020.

We paid an agent for admission and after like a year, he sent us an offer letter from Humber College, we gave him $4,500 to pay as part of tuition, and after like 3 months, he did biometrics in December. No response, no log in details, nothing. I contacted the school around March 2021, and school told me it was a fake admission letter (apparently, agent gave us a fake admission letter, so we won't be able to track), so school gave me the original admission letter and also told me no money was paid, we tracked the agent and we got payment back. After many stress, we finally got log in details on May 2nd and I saw the application was denied on April 19th, and also, a procedural fairness letter on 29th April (suspected fraudulent Bank statement). We sent MBS for 1yr bank statement till dat date. I was curious as to why pfl came after a denial, cuz I felt the application was being reconsidered......I asked on the part 17 or 18 of this thread but many pple told me to just send the MBS that application is denied and nothing else, so I should plan to re-apply for him. Acct balance after MBS was like twice d balance in 2020. After sending MBS, I saw like 2 to 3 ghost updates and it stopped. In June, I applied for his gcms note and it came on 14th July;

GCMS note: Applicant going for PGD Human Resources without prior experience in HR. Sponsor is father, but no evidence of relationship. Acct shows that there is sufficient funds to pay school fees but I am not convinced bcuz father claims to be a business man but no proof of business on record. GCMS note also showed application status as "Re-opened"

So the stupid agent ddnt attach all the company CAC we gave him, he also claimed that my single yoruba brother is married to one Chika Gift Sunday lol, I told him my bro is HRM in my father's company and I gave him CV, he attached CV but filled that my bro is d admin officer.

That same night, I wrote a 3 pages SOP, I still took d stand as Admin officer but I now highlighted his duties to cut across HR personnel, talked about how d course will help him take over my father's company on return and many others. I also wrote a sponsorship letter on my dad company's letter head, attached all CAC docs and landed property docs. I tink I got just one or two ghost updates after.

SEPT 2nd, 2021, we paid his $18k full program school fees and deferred his admission to d next semester(Jan 2022). Sent many webforms with tuition receipt nd new admission letter but no response.

Sept 15th Correspondence Letter
Sept 16th PPR
Passport sent to Abuja on 17th
LOI Sept 25th
Passport got back to Lagos today with Canada Visa.
His BSc, Sociology, 2nd Class Upper, 2017, 29yrs in May, 2021

#OnlyGodCanDoThis.....All the best to everyone.

Hello sir. Congratulations to your brother. I pray mine will work out soon too cos we've wasted money on fake agents. U need to see the SOP they wrote for him and collected thousands of naira for. We have spent money but I pray it works out so we won't even feel bad about the loss.
PLEASE, DO YOU HAVE A SAMPLE OF SOP, I NEED ONE URGENTLY. PLEASE. I just want my brother to travel. We have everything ready and we have worked on everything written on his GCMS note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NewBrosJay: 7:40am On Sep 28, 2021
Iffylove:
Did they update her medicals before the eligibility?

we both did upfront medicals in May.

apologies for the late response

cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 7:53am On Sep 28, 2021
Thank you for your response
I submitted application with my son. We did upfront medicals together buy mine was updated in July while his was not.
That's why am asking to know if its the way they do
NewBrosJay:

we both did upfront medicals in May.

apologies for the late response

cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 7:54am On Sep 28, 2021
Abeg if you don get PPR, just post it, don't worry about the details. Just tell us, IRCC don answer you. Thank you

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by osarodon(m): 8:12am On Sep 28, 2021
Congratulations to her

Dame24:
Hi all!
My sister got PPR on friday!
I handled all her application process as I did mine also (2020) Her timeline is attached below. It was quite a frustrating process because her classes started second week of September and they required her to be around. They almost canceled her seat as she wasn’t able to do registration without study permit. I contacted the MP and they said security and background check has been passed but eligibility is yet to start. We decided to risk it by paying 3k Cad part of tuition. So we started sending mails and pleading with the school for more time because there’s no option for deferral and the $500 confirmation fee will be forfeited. She was eventually allowed to register and did the online portion of her classes. I was so stressed even mine wasn’t this stressful because I got medical request 6days after I submitted my application, even before biometrics.
Documents submitted are:
*SOP
*Birth certificate of her family
*Marriage certificate
*Sponsor's statement of account (8m)
*Sponsor's letter
*Sponsor's supporting documents (house and business documents)
*Her Business registration
*Family photos
*her statement of account (less than 100k)
*School admission letter
*School confirmation letter
*Passport page
Passport photo
*Ig business page
*University transcript (2006)
*O’level result
*business Certifications
*Police character
-IELTS result (non NSE but she had a valid result)
- declaration of age (she’ll be 40 next month)
She’s going for a diploma program
She did upfront medicals and her biometrics 2weeks after application submission.
*Home ties was established using her 3kids, husband and business.

It can only be God and I pray everyone waiting gets a positive decision. It really is not easy and not for the faint hearted. Can’t wait to reunite with her!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mhizamie: 8:28am On Sep 28, 2021
good morning everyone,
please i used my maternal uncle in my first application and i was refused on the ground that i did not shown evidence of relationship and also financial asset and status and i now wish to reapply as a self sponsor. will it be okay for me to reapply as a self sponsor or i must still us the same maternal uncle.
please assist with your kindest opinion.
thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onyekachiii: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2021
I’m looking at my stamped passport, this feeling is priceless �.

32 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ActivatedDreams: 8:47am On Sep 28, 2021
Nanorest:

How much is school fees

School fees varies, kindly go to your intended school portal and check for their school fees for your course duration. As required by IRCC you can pay your first year fee + living expenses (10kCAD).

Good luck and all the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ActivatedDreams: 8:48am On Sep 28, 2021
Mhizamie:
good morning everyone,
please i used my maternal uncle in my first application and i was refused on the ground that i did not shown evidence of relationship and also financial asset and status and i now wish to reapply as a self sponsor. will it be okay for me to reapply as a self sponsor or i must still us the same maternal uncle.
please assist with your kindest opinion.
thanks

Yes sir, you can change sponsor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ACGA: 8:51am On Sep 28, 2021
Is this still available
Chilove007:
Available slot at Qlife for 11am tomorrow. Let me know if interested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ACGA: 8:54am On Sep 28, 2021
Please is the slot still available
johnfem321:
Im interested in the slot you have for tomorrow.. How can i get intouch with you..Can i have your whatsapp or email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 8:57am On Sep 28, 2021
I don't remember clearly how the form works but I think it Grey's out when you pick Nigeria as your country. Simply put your full address in the box that has address and ensure your postal code is correct.

Sheyman56:

Thank you very much.. What do you think I can do to the second issue of not being able to input Province/ State for issuance of my documents on the form, after picking the country, to pick province/state options has not been possible and I can't still type it in required box . How do I go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by onomss: 8:59am On Sep 28, 2021
Onyekachiii:

Congratulations to you again. Please when did you submit and when did you get it back?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 9:00am On Sep 28, 2021
Sorry for what agents have done to you. However, I think you should not copy and paste someone else's SOP, instead, contact reliable people on this thread to help you get whatever you have written.

Some people also offer to write SOPs for a fee on this thread. Search

Rbae:

Hello sir. Congratulations to your brother. I pray mine will work out soon too cos we've wasted money on fake agents. U need to see the SOP they wrote for him and collected thousands of naira for. We have spent money but I pray it works out so we won't even feel bad about the loss.
PLEASE, DO YOU HAVE A SAMPLE OF SOP, I NEED ONE URGENTLY. PLEASE. I just want my brother to travel. We have everything ready and we have worked on everything written on his GCMS note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 9:00am On Sep 28, 2021
Onyekachiii:
A big congratulations to you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 9:01am On Sep 28, 2021
cheesy cheesy
As everywhere dry koh?

Teemenzo:
Abeg if you don get PPR, just post it, don't worry about the details. Just tell us, IRCC don answer you. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ACGA: 9:01am On Sep 28, 2021
Fanshawe did the same thing to my friend oo they just deferred for her straight up without asking to next year September A whole year.
And she planned to start classes from here cause the classes were online. I don't even understand that school.
tyscott99:
Same thing my school did.
But I was sure there’s a slot for me but they were trying to avoid IRCC delay.
At first they advised me to consider May because of IRCC delay but I refused thah I want Jan by all force;
So they came after wasting enough time that NO MORE SLOT �

May is better for you to plan well, when you get PPR , you inform IRCC with new LOA, they will tailor your application for new LOA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nanorest: 9:01am On Sep 28, 2021
ActivatedDreams:

School fees varies, kindly go to your intended school portal and check for their school fees for your course duration. As required by IRCC you can pay your first year fee + living expenses (10kCAD).

Good luck and all the best

It's it only fees that is 10k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olaidetola: 9:07am On Sep 28, 2021
i am here o, jan 2022
EstherAda92:

Thank you... Please more I want to have option
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ACGA: 9:07am On Sep 28, 2021
Please is this still available I'm interested.
Sandra734030:
Hello everyone
Please I have a slot for medical tomorrow in qlife. If you are interested let me know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ActivatedDreams: 9:09am On Sep 28, 2021
Nanorest:

It's it only fees that is 10k

Living expenses 10kCAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Wesay01(m): 9:11am On Sep 28, 2021
Good morning house I'm a newbie here but I have a question that is bordering my mind I have 3 sponsors on ground 2 are my family friend 1 of them own a gas station with a bulky amount of money in his bank the other one run a block industry with a lot of business and lands owned by her I'm using one of them as main sponsor and the other one as co.. But my parent will drop there CAC with land document and my mum will drop her account statement too
Is it possible to confuse the vo with this has proof of fund
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 9:27am On Sep 28, 2021
Sheyman56:
On the temporary resident form, where is being asked whether one is into "Military, Militia, bla bla ( non- something* national service bla bla)...
Am I to pick "Yes" because of NYSC? I'm confused undecided

Also, I couldn't fill in Province/ State on the forms, it's not listing options neither did it allow me to type in the provided box for it... How do I go about this? Please!
No try am. Pick fire, just select your no jejely abeg.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Drey411: 9:34am On Sep 28, 2021
Good morning guys,
A friend of mine recently told me about this thread, and that some guru's here helped her (she is in canada now).
I have read through all the pages on this thread and it is inspiring and very encouraging the steps people are taking and the fact that you guys have been lavish with information that can help.
Please i need your guidance, i am 25years old, graduate of Human anatomy 2:2, i have been working in the bank for over 3years and i also have experience as a medical sales rep.
Please i need your advice on canada, on good schools to apply and provinces where i am likely to get visa.

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by usor00(m): 9:41am On Sep 28, 2021
send more mails because my Mp requested for my details.Which province
Tinakem:

I did that since, no response from him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jojorito007: 9:45am On Sep 28, 2021
I have been refreshing my mail since 6am and nothing yet. This thing is funny o. I got a request like week to send extra documents like my kids birth certificates, my marriage certificate and authorization letter from my husband to travel with the kids. All these I already uploaded when I submitted my application except the authorization letter. I submitted all the documents same day the requested was sent but I later realized that the heading on the authorization letter had consent letter instead as it was an edited version of the consent letter I used to travel to the US. I edited it again and sent it through webform since there was no any space to upload that on my application page .Pls does anyone have an idea why the certificates was requested again despite submitting with my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by buchito1(m): 9:45am On Sep 28, 2021
Wesay01:
Good morning house I'm a newbie here but I have a question that is bordering my mind I have 3 sponsors on ground 2 are my family friend 1 of them own a gas station with a bulky amount of money in his bank the other one run a block industry with a lot of business and lands owned by her I'm using one of them as main sponsor and the other one as co.. But my parent will drop there CAC with land document and my mum will drop her account statement too
Is it possible to confuse the vo with this has proof of fund

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Marpol: 9:47am On Sep 28, 2021
Frankalvinz:

Courier it back to me, but I got a mail that my gckey account had been updated, and after 2 days, I got my stamped passport back

Thanks for the update, did you pay for the courier and how much was it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 9:51am On Sep 28, 2021
I think this IRCC people are sleeping on duty since yesterday no PPR on this platform well maybe they are waiting till 12:01 pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 9:53am On Sep 28, 2021
Drey411:
Good morning guys,
A friend of mine recently told me about this thread, and that some guru's here helped her (she is in canada now).
I have read through all the pages on this thread and it is inspiring and very encouraging the steps people are taking and the fact that you guys have been lavish with information that can help.
Please i need your guidance, i am 25years old, graduate of Human anatomy 2:2, i have been working in the bank for over 3years and i also have experience as a medical sales rep.
Please i need your advice on canada, on good schools to apply and provinces where i am likely to get visa.

Thank you

You came to one of the best forums you can gather plenty of information.

Kindly wait for our walking google( he knows himself grin grin grin) to be online, he will surely give you the best details of courses and schools offering the courses you want.

Now as regards your education and work experience which are in different fields. if you want to further in anatomy and with 2.2, your best plug is Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate as the case may be as it will hard to get into Masters unless some schools that accept a 3.0/4 in last 2 years of undergrad. This is to show academic progression. Now, for career progression, what is your job duty in the bank, this will enable gurus in the house to guide you accordingly.

When you refer to a good school, do you mean in terms of ranking? if by ranking you mean, mind you it will be competitive and as well could be expensive.

Again as regards your statement on the province that will you likely get a visa, a study permit is not determined by the province or school you applied to ( even though some schools tends to have high study permit approval nos) but is determined and judged by individual applicants submission and as deemed to have passed the eligibility by the VO.

But start doing your own research while you wait for gurus to give you proper guidelines on how to go about it.

Just my humble opinion. All the best

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 9:54am On Sep 28, 2021
Jojorito007:
I have been refreshing my mail since 6am and nothing yet. This thing is funny o. I got a request like week to send extra documents like my kids birth certificates, my marriage certificate and authorization letter from my husband to travel with the kids. All these I already uploaded when I submitted my application except the authorization letter. I submitted all the documents same day the requested was sent but I later realized that the heading on the authorization letter had consent letter instead as it was an edited version of the consent letter I used to travel to the US. I edited it again and sent it through webform since there was no any space to upload that on my application page .Pls does anyone have an idea why the certificates was requested again despite submitting with my application?

I have refreshed my mail a million times already today omo. We can only PRAY!

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.