Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,388 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (861749 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Princessswank: 10:58pm On Oct 08, 2021
nairagrounds:
Someone we did medicals together the same day has gotten a text from IOM that they’ve transmitted his medicals to the IRCC this evening. I still haven't heard anything from them.

Please when did you do your medicals. I did mine on Wednesday, no response yet. Also, was yours done in Abuja or Lagos?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 11:01pm On Oct 08, 2021
Via Webform

Kenthro:
I forgot to add some documents to my application. How do I send them now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 11:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
I think that slip is given to people that did upfront medical. From what I have observed, it is to assign a UMI number to the applicant. If you noticed, people complaining they weren't given slip all got medical request for their medical exam. In that request form, you are given an IME number which is likely same thing as the UMI. Or is there any of them that actually did an upfront medical and was not given the slip? My thougts though

Anon123:

AHHH!! YAWA..

You might need to go back and tell them you were not given a MEDICAL SLIP to prove you have done the test.

Just say that, they will print one a slip with your face with details and give to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2021
Just calm down. I also never got any text from IOM to confirm they had transmitted my medicals to IRCC, so I sent them a mail after 1 week and they confirmed the result had been sent. It still took IRCC one month to review my medicals to Pass ( this was for my first application). So it generally depend on their backlogs. But you can try to reach IOM on Monday to be sure they have sent yours since it is medical request and you have a timeline to meet. If they have sent it, then be sending emails to IRCC to update it. All the best.

nairagrounds:
Someone we did medicals together the same day has gotten a text from IOM that they’ve transmitted his medicals to the IRCC this evening. I still haven't heard anything from them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:25pm On Oct 08, 2021
Make dem spray PPR oooooo. We dey wait for people to share their testimonies ooo. Me sef, i will share my testimony on this thread in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chisolove3: 11:25pm On Oct 08, 2021
Undergraduate

drealsahmy:

Are you going for undergrad or grad degree??
Because i also want to apply for computer science undergrad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Laborah(f): 11:31pm On Oct 08, 2021
Laborah:

Thanks, please how can I send a DM, i tried doing that but I didn’t get it

Please can I get a sample of sponsorship letter
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Keet18: 11:36pm On Oct 08, 2021
My LOA for Mba UCE will be out next week
Please who can assist with SOP
Metallurgy & Materials engineering BSc
Don’t mind paying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ajoself(m): 11:38pm On Oct 08, 2021
Let people help a brother. I need advice
Ajoself:
People come to my aid o. I have been sending research request for professors to answer me. It's either they do not reply or currently not accepting new students. I used the cold emailing approach. I have sent to ualberta, umanitoba and usask. Help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 11:41pm On Oct 08, 2021
Drey411:
Good morning guys,
A friend of mine recently told me about this thread, and that some guru's here helped her (she is in canada now).
I have read through all the pages on this thread and it is inspiring and very encouraging the steps people are taking and the fact that you guys have been lavish with information that can help.
Please i need your guidance, i am 25years old, graduate of Human anatomy 2:2, i have been working in the bank for over 3years and i also have experience as a medical sales rep.
Please i need your advice on canada, on good schools to apply and provinces where i am likely to get visa.

Thank you

@lekiboboe

Please can you suggest schools i can apply to

Thank you so much
Hi honorable,

You can go for a PG.CERT/POST DEGREE program related to your recent work experience (BANKING)

That being said, take your time and go through the contents in the links below to do your research and make your decision as regards a PG. program that fits your work experience

PG.CERT/POST DEGREE programs in BANKING related fields
https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/278#106402288

Potential Documents needed to apply for admission in a College for PG. Cert program
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

Since you are going for a Program not related to your degree (HUMAN ANATOMY), but related to your work experience (BANKING), go through the contents in the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409

PROVINCE has nothing to do with VISA CHANCES. What you should be concerned about is, If the school is a DLI (DESIGNATED LEARNING INSTITIUTE) and offers PGWP (POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT)

Good luck....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 12:00am On Oct 09, 2021
Hello Kenthro

You can send it either by Webform or Email..

Just make sure you state your UCI and application number in your message..

Peace
Kenthro:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 12:05am On Oct 09, 2021
Hello Keema

If you got a Medical request from IRCC and you have no issue with the authenticity of your documents, then your chances are 80%

If its an Upfront Medical, then be hopeful... its a 50:50 chance..

Peace
Keema2404:
Please what's are my chances of getting my student visa after getting my bvl(correspondence letter). I'm a May6th applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ajoself(m): 12:58am On Oct 09, 2021
@Lekiboe
I studied electrical and electronics engineering with 2.1 3 years ago.
I want to apply for MSc.
What schools can you suggest?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Smara(f): 1:37am On Oct 09, 2021
Hello,
Please guys for someone applying outside Nigeria using an agent, how do I send an upfront medical e-sheet to ircc now they’ve requested for it

cc: lekiboboe
makano
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SomBaby(f): 3:19am On Oct 09, 2021
usor00:
congratulations, I told u guys all may applicant should indicate. Because dis is our week
Yes ooo...
May 21st

BVl sep 14
PPR Oct 4

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 3:57am On Oct 09, 2021
OloriOfMontreal:
Congratulations to everyone who's gotten their study permit/Visa approval. Canada awaits you!

To those still waiting, keep the faith alive. Delay isn't denial.

On that note, any student coming to Montreal this month or before end of year?

Hello Chief and Chef!

I'll be coming to Montreal by 2nd week of December.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by olabisi6438(f): 4:00am On Oct 09, 2021
SomBaby:

Yes ooo...
May 21st

BVl sep 14
PPR Oct 4
Did you use the NSE route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Rymino: 4:57am On Oct 09, 2021
Hi, I’m also attending Fanshawe Jan 2022, HRM, did you find out if there’s a group, would like to join as well

AiLiya:

Construction project management. How about you? Also is there a group for Fanshawe students?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 5:54am On Oct 09, 2021
No. Just message IRCCto update your medical or keep checking your status to see if your medical has been passed. Cheers
KoinsOfLagos:

Mine was not upfront medicals

I got a request from IRCC

Do I still need the slip?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 5:55am On Oct 09, 2021
Raise a web form and or send it via mail. It will be updated. Cheers
Kenthro:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 5:59am On Oct 09, 2021
My candid advise to you is to write your sop yourself no matter how bad it is then let the gurus here help you to edit and work on it. I'm a firm believer that no one can successfully sell you or tell your story better than you. So do it yourself and bring the raw file here their are lots of people who will look at ot for you. That I think is better than for a man to write about you. Cheers
Keet18:
My LOA for Mba UCE will be out next week
Please who can assist with SOP
Metallurgy & Materials engineering BSc
Don’t mind paying

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by rotexteymie(f): 6:34am On Oct 09, 2021
Guys, my passport came back yesterday and I've just been smiling like a fool.

Please don't give up. This feeling is unmatched ahbeg grin smiley

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 6:57am On Oct 09, 2021
Oh lord pls remember me. All I pray for is a positive reply from IRCC. let me smile endlessly seeing my own passport request and make all other people expecting theirs see nothing but joy. Amen.
Our case is settled
rotexteymie:

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:11am On Oct 09, 2021
SomBaby:

Yes ooo...
May 21st

BVl sep 14
PPR Oct 4

Woow. 20 whole day of waiting. Congrats SomBaby. It will end in praises for us all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Keema2404: 7:25am On Oct 09, 2021
I did an upfront medical which I passed
Then I got my BVL 4th Oct
Still waiting
6th May applicant

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilsss: 7:39am On Oct 09, 2021
nairagrounds:
I did my medicals after IRCC’s request. There's has not been any update on my account since Monday. Is it still the ideal time it takes? Meanwhile, IOM didn't get me any slip I can upload maybe using we form. Can someone with prior and similar experience weigh in on this!?

Hello, same for me as well. I was told my medicals was submitted in 27th September and I have recieved no updates till now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Braintrain: 7:58am On Oct 09, 2021
Opsy14:
Hi, they will send you an email about the documents that needs to be submitted. Then they will also direct you on how to submit it. It can also be through that said email or on the portal.
But it will be written in the email on how to submit your documents.
Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by koolice009: 8:37am On Oct 09, 2021
Good morning all, please I have come again o, I need advice and guidance
I graduated from University in 2010 and I studied Agricultural Extension and Rural Development,I did my youth service in the state Agric Development Project and also got a job as an Agric officer in a rubber company after my NYSC..I worked there for over 3 years. I got a banking job in 2015 which is my current job now. My husband also started a poultry farm in 2016 which I was also part of (though the farm has been closed since 2018).

I want to apply for masters in Agribusiness management and Agricultural Economics at the University of Manitoba
I graduated with 3.84/5.0

What are my chances considering the study gap and my current job.?
Please advise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by drealsahmy(m): 8:37am On Oct 09, 2021
So for this group Prospective undergrad students no get mouth and leg for here ??

I have been requesting for help since yesterday una just dey scroll pass am.....
Only Graduate....Post graduate and all

What about people who wanna start ? Una feel less concerned about the prospective students.

Please if there’s any other group aside this that’s meant for Aspiring undergrad students, someone should please in Gods name share it.

É jóór
Na beg.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by drealsahmy(m): 8:42am On Oct 09, 2021
How can i contact you?
I sent an email message please reply

This is my number 0 7 0 3 8 5 2 2 8 1 4

Chisolove3:
Undergraduate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tourphland(m): 9:02am On Oct 09, 2021
rotexteymie:

God when… congrats ma’am

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 09, 2021
viviangogos:
Just calm down. I also never got any text from IOM to confirm they had transmitted my medicals to IRCC, so I sent them a mail after 1 week, and they confirmed the result had been sent. It still took IRCC one month to review my medicals to Pass ( this was for my first application). So it generally depend on their backlogs. But you can try to reach IOM on Monday to be sure they have sent yours since it is a medical request and you have a timeline to meet. If they have sent it, then be sending emails to IRCC to update it. All the best.

My thinking is that IRCC doesn't update medical status until after their assessment, even if they get the result. How may I reach IRCC to inform that that I have conducted my health assessment so they can act on it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.