Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (856024 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chisolove3: 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
Yes he tried to contact me but I couldn't reply because I don't know how to ....I am not the one going for the program but my friend... My husband got his PPR last month....so my friend is still on the process too ...he applied with his ND and got admission for university 1 of U of M....

viviangogos:
I think the majority of your answers will he given by the schools in question.
First, most schools waive standardised english requirement for Nigerians and on their site, you will find the list of countries that qualify for waiver. However, if you do not see this, then ask the schools specifically on this. Some may give a particular grade for English from your Waec too. If they insist on standardised test, that would mean academics ielts. But ask them first to be sure.

2) Have you checked country specific requirement for Nigeria's Waec for each school? I do not think our Waec is graded as percentage really. It is CPGA I know that can be given in percentage. But if it is, the school will advise you on the body to use to evaluate it to have the percentage equivalent. I believe the country specific requirement will tell the minimum score for the required subjects in Waec. Some schools will say minimum of 4 ( C4) in some named subjects.
Since you already have booked the appointment with advisors, it is best to get first hand information from them.
Also while waiting for your appointment, you can send a mail to the international admission team for the ddifferent schools regarding any clarification you want, trust me they respond pretty quick and will address these concerns, so you can submit your application already before deadline. Oyibo can address your questions no matter how they are. If you do not get answers, rephrase them until you get the needed clarifications.

N.b- There is a lady here going for undergraduate course and I see you wrote her, have you tried to connect with her to see if she has answers regarding this Waec grading?

I wish you all the best!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
Yeah I use GTBANK I don't know about other banks maybe the gurus here will know how to go about it.

For the SOP you can write it the way you seem fit. I just said you should write a separate one because sometimes the initial SOP might be too long(6 or 7 pages) and that part will be lost in the whole bunch. Since you're a first timer you can add it in the SOP since you wouldn't be explaining alot. One or two SOPS it doesn't matter what matters is you're able to convince the VO.
chrysto:
Thanks a lot for the reply, i only know GT bank has a platform to send bank statement direct to embassy but i use first bank and Polaris. i will be glad to know if anyone has used 1st bank and Polaris app to generate a bank statement and send directly to embassy.

If i get your right with regards to the lump sum, you are saying it is possible to submit two SOP. I am a first time applicant ie mine is SOP,
One for the general explanation, the other for the lump sum.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
To the best of my understanding, a lump sum is a huge amount of money that drops in an account within a time period where the transactions that have been made prior to that was minute in comparison. For example let's say you have a savings account you make transactions with daily and the max amount you've sent or received was 100k for the past 3 months then you all of a sudden received 1 million naira. That million naira is categorized as a lump sum.
chrysto:
Also, i will like to know from how much is termed "Lump sum"

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by architectdre: 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
Im new to this thread and will like to ask a question: If im applying for a 2 or 4 year programme in Canada, do i have to provide POF for the entire duration of course or for only the first year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ajoself(m): 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
To be sincere this group is helpful to only those that have gotten admission already. Not for people seeking advice for Admission

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by drealsahmy(m): 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
TheGbemisola:

Ielts is 79k naira now
And you can do academic since its for study purposes
You can register by going on their website
Either with british council or idp.
Just google them

Thank you, saw the site
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by drealsahmy(m): 1:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
Malone122:
cc walspring
Contact him through that monicker he would assist you

Can you please list out the procedures when applying to any schools? (Undergrad degree)
(Like what i am expected to do: from applying, submitting documents, getting admission to visa) just list out please

Anyone can help on this...thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chommieblaq(f): 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2021
Please is there a WhatsApp group for University of Regina Jan intake students

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 1:33pm On Oct 10, 2021
Same boat. Got my own medical request on the 30th of September and it was updated to Pass on 1st of October as yours. No update again oooo. No one can tell you how long and nothing to do but to remain prayerful for speedy approval .
Let's be positive that this new week will bring forth our PPRs, and to everyone waiting too.
#August4thapplicant

KingofAfrica:
Hi guys, I applied on the 22nd of June and I received a medical request on 24th September which was subsequently passed on the 1st of October. Since then, they’ve been silent. Is this normal? How long more do you guys think it will take for the PPR to show up. I’ve been so anxious

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bigsolo: 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
Please is there anyone who has used Hopper app to book tickets before? Mine is unable to send verification code and they have the cheapest flights tickets so far.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by quin9(f): 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ajoself:
To be sincere this group is helpful to only those that have gotten admission already. Not for people seeking advice for Admission

No I disagree,ask your question till someone in your school or experience finds it,they will certainly reply.Visa is one thing we are all seeking here,while schools can’t be same for everyone.People are getting/have gotten all the info from scratch here so don’t be discouraged
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akanoa: 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2021
drealsahmy:

Can you please list out the procedures when applying to any schools? (Undergrad degree)
(Like what i am expected to do: from applying, submitting documents, getting admission to visa) just list out please

Anyone can help on this...thanks
I know the while process can be bothering, but to some extent you should be able to do your own research as well. Undergraduate admission process is very easy compared to graduate or masters.
Not withstanding, please go to your prospective college website, you should be able to get the list of documents required for admission and also how to go about the process. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Samadhii(m): 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
Anyone used on of these test labs recently. How much did it cost? How long did it take to get result?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OloriOfMontreal: 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
Emmasonic4me:

Hello Chief and Chef!

I'll be coming to Montreal by 2nd week of December.

Lol grin

Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions regarding settling in (accommodation, where to shop, checking out apartments, etc)

And if you're Concordia bound I might be able to answer some questions too.

Bienvenenue a Montréal!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 10, 2021
Hi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
OloriOfMontreal:

Lol grin

Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions regarding settling in (accommodation, where to shop, checking out apartments, etc)

And if you're Concordia bound I might be able to answer some questions too.

Bienvenenue a Montréal!

Sent you a PM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
Yes, you can get MBS for First bank but will have to go to the bank for it. They were not issuing this
before but recently, people have claimed to have gotten it and used for their SP application. If you arent able to get MBS, still get your SOA from the bank. They use letter head paper and also sign on each page once you indicate it is for embassy / visa purpose. I used Access bank and Zenith MBS. I generated the Zenith from my app but Access app does not have that feature so I went to the bank to do it.

For the lumpsum, you do not need to circle on your SOA, there is a section for proof of financial means. You can do a LOE to attach in this section. This will contain a detailed table showing funds and expenses planned for your studies. On the letter, you can make reference to date of transaction and amount, and explain the lump sums in detail, then attach proof like sale of property , gift deed, savings from salary etc. Note to make a TOC for documents uploaded here and for client information too to make it easy for the VO to reference easily. eg of documents for this section are school fee receipt, pension account, MBS or SOA, payslip, business documents and number them accordingly too. Not compulsory but will make your work detailed.
All the best.

chrysto:
Thanks a lot for the reply, i only know GT bank has a platform to send bank statement direct to embassy but i use first bank and Polaris. i will be glad to know if anyone has used 1st bank and Polaris app to generate a bank statement and send directly to embassy.

If i get your right with regards to the lump sum, you are saying it is possible to submit two SOP. I am a first time applicant ie mine is SOP,
One for the general explanation, the other for the lump sum.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
TheGbemisola:

Does this look like efcc page or Nigeria police page. Stop spamming the page it’s annoying. Act right damn
Repost till EFCC takes action

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.