Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (856256 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Opsy14: 8:17am On Oct 11, 2021
Please what do I do? My agent hasn't released my login details oh
Anon123:

Ensure you have access to your application once he submits cos most Agents are fond of applying and withholding the login details
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankrobbn1: 8:18am On Oct 11, 2021
Iffylove:
Please Sir Frank...
I sent you mail to ask some questions, please I need to hear from you.
Thank you

Sorry I'm facing a high volume of emails and enquiries. I would respond to your concerns before the end of business today. Thank you for your patience.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 8:20am On Oct 11, 2021
Commot him teeth grin grin grin
That was on a lighter note though but I still dont u understand why agents dont release login. I'm not that too patient especially with things that have direct effect on my future.
Opsy14:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 8:21am On Oct 11, 2021
Okay, thank you
Frankrobbn1:

Sorry I'm facing a high volume of emails and enquiries. I would respond to your concerns before the end of business today. Thank you for your patience.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankrobbn1: 8:22am On Oct 11, 2021
ice09:

Dear Frankrobbn1,
thanks i am new here on this forum but have been reading most of your responses, please i need your assistance on which schools/colleges a female doctor of 8 years working experience can apply for a PGD Public Health or Hospital Management in Hamilton or Ontario Canada which the tuition is not too expensive and with a PGDWP. thank you.

Looking for a cheaper institution? Apply to University of Saskatchewan for her Masters in Public Health. The tuition is about 8kcad.

It will end in praise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Opsy14: 8:23am On Oct 11, 2021
Ahh they will sue me if I do that cry ;
lobinche101:
Commot him teeth grin grin grin
That was on a lighter note though but I still dont u understand why agents dont release login. I'm not that too patient especially with things that have direct effect on my future.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankrobbn1: 8:29am On Oct 11, 2021
vividumebi:
Please I want to know, I want reapply but please I will need an assistance on how to tackle my letter of explanation or statement of purpose because I was refused base on that. Please I need directions on how to write a sensible and more convincing one. Thank you.

I regret to hear that your study visa was refused. Have you ordered for your case file to get a clearer insight about the refusal of your application?. I will recommend you share a detailed breakdown of your profile and the list of documents you submitted for your last refused application. This will enable me to ascertain whether there is a logical progression in your choice of program and be able to establish strong argument for your case.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by limsycutey(f): 8:32am On Oct 11, 2021
Good morning, I studied law and I have a masters in it.
I'm thinking of applying for Administrative office professional certificate at Lethbridge college, what are my chances please?
I could say I want to be an administrative staff in a law firm...will that fly? I hope I won't have a problem getting a visa...

The other alternative is a 2 year Justice studies degree to become a correctional officer, probation officer etc. A former classmate applied and got visa for it, she's done with the program now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Raeinn: 8:34am On Oct 11, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise

Good morning @Frankeobbn1 please i’m sorry to bother you. I also sent emails to you because I would like to ask some questions. Please I’ll really appreciate if you accept. God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oviebright: 8:35am On Oct 11, 2021
Blazca:
What did you use as POF?
brother did they scan your COVID vaccine card? Cos they sent my person back because her COVID card didn’t reflect that she’s vaccinated twice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oviebright: 8:40am On Oct 11, 2021
slimy205:
My landing gist.

I arrived Toronto yesterday. It was a very long flight using Ethiopian Airways. But mehn, their Air hostess fine die and them dey friendly. Plus their food make sense. We have a 7hrs on air from lagos to Addis ababa and 16hrs from Addis ababa to toronto.

At MM Airport. You will need to show covid test, enrolment letter and arrivecan.
Brother please they sent my person back on Friday in MM airport Ethiopian airways cos her vaccine card when scanned didn’t show 2 dosages received but she had her Covid test result negative and all other documents in tact. So I’m wondering if they asked everyone on last Friday using Ethiopian airways to Canada for their vaccine card?

Then at Toronto, you will need enrolment, admission letter, tuition payments and proof of funds. Infact the proof of funds dey important.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by endinpraise907: 8:43am On Oct 11, 2021
NewBrunswick community college.
diploma in Social work. i applied for a diploma prog cos it's a total change of career ..
admission deffered but am willing to go for another school if the prog is an issue.
Thanks for your concern

Teemenzo:

Firstly, what program and school did you apply for?
You can still make use of the school. All you need to do is defer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oviebright: 8:45am On Oct 11, 2021
slimy205:
My landing gist.

I arrived Toronto yesterday. It was a very long flight using Ethiopian Airways. But mehn, their Air hostess fine die and them dey friendly. Plus their food make sense. We have a 7hrs on air from lagos to Addis ababa and 16hrs from Addis ababa to toronto.

At MM Airport. You will need to show covid test, enrolment letter and arrivecan.
Brother Good morning please my mom and I were at MM airport that Friday she was supposed to fly with Ethiopian airways but they sent her back I only accompanied her to the airport. They said because when they scanned her Covid vaccine card it didn’t reflect that she has taken 2 dose. But she had her negative Covid 19 test result. They didn’t allow her board it was painful ehh. So I was wondering if that’s the same process they used for everyone this past Friday. Especially that witch Ethiopian airways stuff the one with glasses and big yansh. I didn’t take note of her name.

Then at Toronto, you will need enrolment, admission letter, tuition payments and proof of funds. Infact the proof of funds dey important.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oviebright: 8:46am On Oct 11, 2021
slimy205:
My landing gist.

Brother Good morning please my mom and I were at MM airport that Friday she was supposed to fly with Ethiopian airways but they sent her back I only accompanied her to the airport. They said because when they scanned her Covid vaccine card it didn’t reflect that she has taken 2 dose. But she had her negative Covid 19 test result. They didn’t allow her board it was painful ehh. So I was wondering if that’s the same process they used for everyone this past Friday. Especially that witch Ethiopian airways stuff the one with glasses and big yansh. I didn’t take note of her name.

Then at Toronto, you
will need enrolment, admission letter, tuition payments and proof of funds. Infact the proof of funds dey important.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oviebright: 8:46am On Oct 11, 2021
[quote author=Oviebright post=106635130][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by obilec: 8:48am On Oct 11, 2021
slimy205:
My landing gist.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 9:02am On Oct 11, 2021
Was it visitors visa ?

I think if you are not vaccinated, you have to show your quarantine plan and Negative covid 19 test.
Not being vaccinated is not enough reason to stop anyone from boarding.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Oviebright:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Raeinn: 9:05am On Oct 11, 2021
viviangogos:
I think the majority of your answers will he given by the schools in question.
First, most schools waive standardised english requirement for Nigerians and on their site, you will find the list of countries that qualify for waiver. However, if you do not see this, then ask the schools specifically on this. Some may give a particular grade for English from your Waec too. If they insist on standardised test, that would mean academics ielts. But ask them first to be sure.

2) Have you checked country specific requirement for Nigeria's Waec for each school? I do not think our Waec is graded as percentage really. It is CPGA I know that can be given in percentage. But if it is, the school will advise you on the body to use to evaluate it to have the percentage equivalent. I believe the country specific requirement will tell the minimum score for the required subjects in Waec. Some schools will say minimum of 4 ( C4) in some named subjects.
Since you already have booked the appointment with advisors, it is best to get first hand information from them.
Also while waiting for your appointment, you can send a mail to the international admission team for the ddifferent schools regarding any clarification you want, trust me they respond pretty quick and will address these concerns, so you can submit your application already before deadline. Oyibo can address your questions no matter how they are. If you do not get answers, rephrase them until you get the needed clarifications.

N.b- There is a lady here going for undergraduate course and I see you wrote her, have you tried to connect with her to see if she has answers regarding this Waec grading?

I wish you all the best!!!

Hi @viviangogos please i sent you a request. Please i need to ask you some questions and I’ll really appreciate it please. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sammychi90: 9:14am On Oct 11, 2021
Good morning house, I speak with faith that this week there shall be rain fall of PPR Amen �.

Please house, my friend paid 13k to VFS courier service partner (UPs) for my return passport because she made mistake by not paying two way currier service with DHL, since Friday of making the payment , vfs are yet to acknowledge the payment, please has anyone experience any issue like dis and is there any cost of alarm?
Please help my friend shes panicking

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jayrealest: 9:19am On Oct 11, 2021
[quote author=Oviebright post=106635130][/quote]
Is anyone also having issues login with GC key? I have been having issues login through out the weekend even till now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 11, 2021
Good Day All, I want to sponsor my wife for study permit. ( 1)How much should be my closing balance using my Corporate account ? ( 2) Must the funds sits for 6month if am using Nigeria Student Express pilot program for the Visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chisolove3: 9:35am On Oct 11, 2021
Please POF they requested, is it cash or recent account statement

[quote author=Oviebright post=106634965][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mankind5050(m): 9:39am On Oct 11, 2021
Their server is down
Jayrealest:

Is anyone also having issues login with GC key? I have been having issues login through out the weekend even till now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chisolove3: 9:40am On Oct 11, 2021
She don't need to panick...my best shot ,go back to UPS office, pay the required amount for return, tell them to contact VFS courier so that can pick it up from them

Sammychi90:
Good morning house, I speak with faith that this week there shall be rain fall of PPR Amen �.

Please house, my friend paid 13k to VFS courier service partner (UPs) for my return passport because she made mistake by not paying two way currier service with DHL, since Friday of making the payment , vfs are yet to acknowledge the payment, please has anyone experience any issue like dis and is there any cost of alarm?
Please help my friend shes panicking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankrobbn1: 9:41am On Oct 11, 2021
flove62:

Thanks for your response. I think I will try and apply for a course-based masters, because I think 63.2% is low for a research based masters program. That’s better right?

Course based masters are stress free, saves time and wouldn't require you to secure a supervisor prior to applying for the program. Please proceed with the application.

It will end in praise

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankrobbn1: 9:48am On Oct 11, 2021
DrAFOguns:
So hubby got refused on Sunday. We have applied for his GCMS notes.

We are definitely reapplying. IRCC no go shame us.

NB. The refusal came in a week and in that period, there was no update on his profile other than confirmation of submission.

I regret to hear that your husband's study permit application was refused. From the refusal letter, the visa officer had expressed concerns about his "current immigration status" in the country where he is applying from. The reason behind this rejection is for the fact that your husband doesn't have a legal permit in his current country of residence. My professional advice in order to avert this refusal and get a positive consideration is that he should return to his home country, Nigeria where he has significant ties and reapply for a Canadian study permit. Other reasons for rejections "Purpose of Visit" and "Personal Assets and Financial Status" are standard refusal grounds. He should provide justifications for his proposed course of study and demonstrate that the program is directly relevant to his work experience. More importantly, if he has a registered business and assets in Nigeria, he could add them in his application and explain how these properties would compel his return home after studies.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lizabeth36(f): 9:52am On Oct 11, 2021
Make u sure u get it from the agent... don't trust ur agent.. I did trusted my agent and I regret till now..
My application was refused since July but she kept it to herself until Sept when I started frustrating her to release my log in details...

Opsy14:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SomBaby(f): 9:56am On Oct 11, 2021
snowlordng:
Guys please I need your advise on this ....I have enough money to sponsor my education in Canada ...but the problem is that I have nobody to stand for me as sponsor neither do we have any property to serve as home tie ...please your response is needed asap cause I wanna prepare on time ....the problem now is who's gonna stand as sponsor with convincing proof of fund and the 2nd problem is home tie

You must not have a sponsor...me I sponsored myself and it didn't stop the PPR ...just prove it to them with ur bank stm

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by slimy205: 9:59am On Oct 11, 2021
Blazca:
What did you use as POF?

I printed my dollar account statement and the remaining money was in my naira account which I printed also

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon44: 9:59am On Oct 11, 2021
Good morning Boss @Frankrobbn1, I trried sending you an email but couldn't write anything in the message box or subject when I did and I even got an email notification that you tried to respond to me too, please how do I respond to you. Please I'm new with how Nairaland works . Many thanks
Frankrobbn1:

I regret to hear that your husband's study permit application was refused. From the refusal letter, the visa officer had expressed concerns about his "current immigration status" in the country where he is applying from. The reason behind this rejection is for the fact that your husband doesn't have a legal permit in his current country of residence. My professional advice in order to avert this refusal and get a positive consideration is that he should return to his home country, Nigeria where he has significant ties and reapply for a Canadian study permit. Other reasons for rejections "Purpose of Visit" and "Personal Assets and Financial Status" are standard refusal grounds. He should provide justifications for his proposed course of study and demonstrate that the program is directly relevant to his work experience. More importantly, if he has a registered business and assets in Nigeria, he could add them in his application and explain how these properties would compel his return home after studies.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankrobbn1: 10:01am On Oct 11, 2021
Papapa1234:
The guru himself..pls dont go for too long again ooo.. lol

LOL grin I'm fully back and active. Thank you boss for acknowledging my presence. I hope to continue making impact and a difference in the lives of others.

It will end in praise

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by slimy205: 10:04am On Oct 11, 2021
Oviebright:
brother did they scan your COVID vaccine card? Cos they sent my person back because her COVID card didn’t reflect that she’s vaccinated twice.

That was done by the airline in Lagos and also our customs people scan it. But when I got to Canada. Only my covid result was asked by the officer

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.