Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,054 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855098 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hello Jay316

For your 1st question, the Immigration Minister of Canada will be in the right position to give you answers on that...

For your second question, Passports are not stamped in Nairobi, they are only responsible for reviewing the Eligibility of applicants and also making final decisions..... Its stamped in the local Visa office of the country of the applicant, which is either Lagos or Abuja in our case...

Peace
Jay316:
does anyone have an idea y our applications are taken to Nairobi?

please are our passport signed in Abuja or Nairobi ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
Jay316:
abi.manage d one 4 Yaba jor.lol.wen u get there ,u can buy more

Yes ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KingofAfrica: 11:30pm On Oct 18, 2021
heyy guys. Hope we are all doing well. I’ve just been a bit anxious. Don’t understand how these people will send a medical request and it’s almost a month that I completed the medicals and it was updated to pass. Yet after a month, it’s still a deafening silence. June 22nd applicant by the way. Does anyone know what could be wrong? What could be the reason for delay? Have there been cases where PPR wasn’t granted even after passing a medical that was requested?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:32pm On Oct 18, 2021
Jay316:
how are u tracking it.sent mine this morning. no update

You ought to have tracking number given to you by the DHL or UPS. have tracked it to vfs office and it ended there. Waiting for them to release it back to DHL so I track it back to myself
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ketima:

You ought to have tracking number given to you by the DHL or UPS. have tracked it to vfs office and it ended there. Waiting for them to release it back to DHL so I track it back to myself
they gave me two papers like that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hello KingofAfrica

There is nothing wrong with your application, as we still have peeps with a year applciation still awiating Final decision..

And to the bolded, Yes its possible for one to still get refused after Passing a Medical request, but its rare..

Peace

KingofAfrica:
heyy guys. Hope we are all doing well. I’ve just been a bit anxious. Don’t understand how these people will send a medical request and it’s almost a month that I completed the medicals and it was updated to pass. Yet after a month, it’s still a deafening silence. June 22nd applicant by the way. Does anyone know what could be wrong? What could be the reason for delay? Have there been cases where PPR wasn’t granted even after passing a medical that was requested?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
makano:
Hello Jay316

For your 1st question, the Immigration Minister of Canada will be in the right position to give you answers on that...

For your second question, Passports are not stamped in Nairobi, they are only responsible for reviewing the Eligibility of applicants and also making final decisions..... Its stamped in the local Visa office of the country of the applicant, which is either Lagos or Abuja in our case...

Peace
but someone said Lagos still sends the passport to.ABJ and that is why Lagos stamping process is slow.dont know how true that is
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
makano:
Hello KingofAfrica

There is nothing wrong with your application, as we still have peeps with a year applciation still awiating Final decision..

And to the bolded, Yes its possible for one to still get refused after Passing a Medical request, but its rare..

Peace

what of refusal after ppr?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
Jay316:
they gave me two papers like that

Yes. One to send to VAC, the other to use return to you.now the one that is sending from you to vac, search DHL tracking for google, input the 10digit tracking number in the space you will see there and load it, it will bring out the tracking details and where it is at the moment

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
KingofAfrica:

Sorry bro, it is well. The good is too close ti be anxious. We will be alright. Just keep praying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bukuns2000: 11:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
Good evening everyone ,I think there was a miscommunication between me and the dhl customer care representative where i sent my passport, i clearly told them i wanted to pay for a two way courier and they said ok only two find out later that i paid for one way. I don't want vfs to bring it to me because their charge is to much. My question is can i call dhl to collect it from vfs and bring it to me? and i don't know if vfs will give to them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
With your question, Lemme throw back a question to you...

What do you understand by PPR?

Peace
Jay316:
what of refusal after ppr?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by May06: 11:59pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hello everyone, I would like to find out if there is anyone who did medicals at IOM last week and whether the medical results have been uploaded. I received the medical request on September 22 but was not able to do the test until last week. I am concerned that the 30 days timeline (which will expire on Thursday, October 22) for doing the medical exam will elapse before my medical result is received by IRCC. Should I write to the IRCC for an extension? Please advise. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bukuns2000: 12:01am On Oct 19, 2021
makano:

Peace
This guy and the word 'peace' are 5 and 6
2. Jay316 are you praying they refuse you after ppr ni?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by beedyboy(m): 12:04am On Oct 19, 2021
IOM will definitely upload your result. You might need to call to find out from them
This is their result department number.

I called the above two weeks ago. So they will tell you what’s going on with your health case but I’m sure they will upload before the last day

May06:
Hello everyone, I would like to find out if there is anyone who did medicals at IOM last week and whether the medical results have been uploaded. I received the medical request on September 22 but was not able to do the test until last week. I am concerned that the 30 days timeline (which will expire on Thursday, October 22) for doing the medical exam will elapse before my medical result is received by IRCC. Should I write to the IRCC for an extension? Please advise. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ehiremen2002: 12:19am On Oct 19, 2021
When I check my aunt account today I noticed update, is this what is refered as ghost update?

And does it mean, someone has started to look at the application. I have sent several mails in last weeks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by beedyboy(m): 12:22am On Oct 19, 2021
ehiremen2002:

When I check my aunt account today I noticed update, is this what is refered as ghost update?

And does it mean, someone has started to look at the application. I have sent several mails in last weeks

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilylurv(f): 1:09am On Oct 19, 2021
May06:

Lagos or Abuja?

I did with IOM Abuja last week Thursday, and it has been updated on my profile to pass.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilylurv(f): 1:14am On Oct 19, 2021
ehiremen2002:

Can you please forward the format of the email sent to them...I will really appreciate it.

Need to use it as a guide so as not to over escalate.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 1:40am On Oct 19, 2021
Godsfave:
LANDING GIST

Let me start by apologizing for going MIA, a lot of running around.

I got to the Abuja airport around 10am (plenty traffic i wan cry) boarding starts by 11:30am. Met the First Lady who scanned some of my documents (Covid test result and passport), moved to the next queue where they asked what was in my bag and opened to check, the man just scanned through and zipped it back, I moved on to the next queue and the lady requested for my enrollment letter, passport, Covid test result and arrivecan (Omo i filled the arrivecan oo, even printed it out sef) but she said mine had issues and i couldn’t board (in my mind, my village people have found me ooo) she even assigned one of the staffs to help me but to no avail, others had already started boarding and i couldn’t cos arrivecan is a must ooo, finally the lady decided to have mercy and clear me to board without it, I checked my bags in (exact 50kg) I had two hand luggages (a small box and laptop bag) that they didn’t scale or check in. I moved on to board and passed the last groups who didn’t ask for anything asides passport and what are you going for and where. I boarded and we took off, we stopped at Addis Abiba and i boarded another flight to Toronto (we didn’t waste time, just keep reading the signs and locate your next boarding gate) we got to Toronto and first things first, I filled my details into one system and it generated a receipt which i used to proceed,i queued for the first immigration officer who asked for arrivecan and i explained ( he said it’s from the vaccine i took cos I’m fully vaccinated) he asked me to fill on paper this time and that was all, after that I proceeded to the main immigration and it took 1 hour 30 before it finally got to my turn and the lady only asked for passport and letter of authorization, ( she asked which of my courses I’m looking forward to studying and i told her) she printed and gave me study permit, then read the 20 hours work a week rules, omo nobody asked me for how much i had oo or even statement of account wey i carry. ( I had already missed my connecting flight to Vancouver) I went to fly Canada check in and they put me on the next flight which was scheduled to leave in 30 minutes.I had to go pick all my luggages and check them in to my next flight at the Toronto airport, the immigration officer didn’t ask me about vaccine or ask me to quarantine or even where i have in mind ooo(I sha got quarantine update from my arrivecan app and I’ve been filling it daily). I boarded my flight to Vancouver and when i landed there was no more documentation, or anything, I just picked my luggages and ran to my sister. Ethiopian airlines served me 6 meals from Nigeria to Toronto and they were all nice food with any drink of your choice ( I would actually recommend them) plus they had nice movies ooo.

I return all glory to God for making this possible and here is a thank you to my naira land family. Thank you team

Thank you for your gist, be favoured in Canada

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 3:42am On Oct 19, 2021
beedyboy:
Oh nice. Was it Nairobi you sent the email to or where?

Yes, I sent to Nairobi.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Temmyturpeh: 5:50am On Oct 19, 2021
Greetings! @ Makano;
1. The passport was stamped 20/09/2021
2. The new LOA was released on the 21/09/2021
3. The new reaumption date is May 09,2022

Thank you for your input.

makano:
Hello Temmyturpeh

1. When was your passport stamped ?
2. When was your LOA given you?
3. When is your new resumption date?

Your answers to these questions will guide me to give you precised answers..

peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Temmyturpeh: 5:58am On Oct 19, 2021
Greetings! @ makano, thank you for your swift response. Here are the answers to the questions asked for clarification.

1. The ppt was stamped 20/09/2021
2. The new LOA was dated 21/09/2021
3. The new resumption date is May 09, 2022.

I appreciate your kind gestures towards handling all the concerns raised on this forum.

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 19, 2021
Morning guys,

Quick question, is legal signature required in Deed of Gift on fund ?

The template I got online is just for witness/in-presence…
Nothing stated about legal there.

It’s a deed of gift to avoid lump sum. Do I need to take to court for stamp and signature?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by finnacle2020: 6:51am On Oct 19, 2021
Please I saw the info below on Conestoga college website, can I go for this course, am a banker 15years experience, B.Eng(elect/elect) and am 40years old

@Frankrobbn1, Lekiboboe, makano...please assist

Information Technology Business Analysis
Code: 1424
Delivery: Full-time
Length: 2 years
Start: January 2022
Campus: Kitchener – Doon
Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 19, 2021
Ketima:

Yes. One to send to VAC, the other to use return to you.now the one that is sending from you to vac, search DHL tracking for google, input the 10digit tracking number in the space you will see there and load it, it will bring out the tracking details and where it is at the moment
ok tnx.i will do that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 19, 2021
makano:

Peace
passport request.I know d answer is slim but if the passport is later found out to be fake ,they can refuse naaa .lol.just playing around bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 19, 2021
Bukuns2000:
This guy and the word 'peace' are 5 and 6
2. Jay316 are you praying they refuse you after ppr ni?
just playing around bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by prada1: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2021
Hi everyone
Anyone knows how much it cost to buy extra 23 kg bag at the airport ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 8:11am On Oct 19, 2021
It's PPR baby!!!!!

Thank God for it all
My Timeline in pixels below

35 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 8:14am On Oct 19, 2021
Congratulations.........God has reward your patience

sirenoel:
It's PPR baby!!!!!

Thank God for it all
My Timeline in pixels below
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Elixosodi(f): 8:14am On Oct 19, 2021
Good day all,

How long should a gift deed for POF should stay in my account? My mom wants me to make a gift deed for me after I secure admission, I would like to know, can I apply immediately after the gift deed is done?

I am trying to avoid another refusal. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.