Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,450 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855830 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hoodboy(m): 6:41am On Oct 20, 2021
Jay316:
thanks.are we to pay in Dollars to book got flight?.so I need those Aboki again ?

You can save a lot by going to their office to book, I went to BA office at MMIA and they gave me Naira quote which is very close to official CBN rate. Lufthansa also has an office there too, so whenever you are ready make out time to go to their office.

It will end in praise

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 6:42am On Oct 20, 2021
BolaT53:
But nothing was said about course of study though
Like the course you want to study could be cheaper here in your home country than wasting such amount on it over there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 20, 2021
Perfectyyyyyy:
Good day sir,

I am asking this for a friend. She wants to know if it is possible to withdraw her money from her GIC accounts in case study permit application was refused and don’t want to reapply?
yes u can
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 20, 2021
raimiade11:
@makano

Just asking, when i applied, i never used my personal account, though my brother is my main sponsor with over 37kcad and my dad co sponsor, i didn’t put my dad’s account too, i just put his land document

I’m 26 years, i hope it is not a red flag?

I established relationship with my brother with pictures and passport. But am thinking can it be the Reason for my long delay?

Why i didn’t put my account and dads account is because we actually don’t have money there. I put my dads employment details as he is a university lecturer sha

Sorry to bother you this morning. Thx
you should not have put ur dad's name if he cannot show adequate proof of Funds. being a lecturer is not a proof of fund.Also u should have submitted his recent pay slip or pay stub at least.Land can only be used as ties.u can only use it as proof of funds when u Liquidate it with proof.

it's not the reason for the long delay. I dont think so but pray.anything can happen.u can still get ppr.we have seen ppl get it with profile like urs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 20, 2021
hoodboy:

You can save a lot by going to their office to book, I went to BA office at MMIA and they gave me Naira quote which is very close to official CBN rate. Lufthansa also has an office there too, so whenever you are ready make out time to go to their office.

It will end in praise
ok.tnx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Agunnaya01: 7:10am On Oct 20, 2021
Perfectyyyyyy:
Good day sir,

I am asking this for a friend. She wants to know if it is possible to withdraw her money from her GIC accounts in case study permit application was refused and don’t want to reapply?

Yes you will get a refund (GIC done with CIBC, i dont know of other banks). Just ensure you transfer the money to d account they give you using the applicants account in Nigeria here.

PS: money must come from account of d study permit applicant, incase of a refusal, on request, they send d refund to dsame account , its clearly stated in one of d instructions they’ll give u.

Cheers...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tre20: 7:10am On Oct 20, 2021
I was refused last night
Their reasons are much oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Savvyciao: 7:15am On Oct 20, 2021
Tre20:
I was refused last night

So sorry for the delay.
Can you share more details please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 20, 2021
When did you apply?
Tre20:
I was refused last night
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tre20: 7:19am On Oct 20, 2021
Ties in Canada and Nigeria
Purpose of visit
Financial resources
Savvyciao:

So sorry for the delay.
Can you share more details please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aragbs4real05: 7:19am On Oct 20, 2021
sirenoel:
LONG POST ALERT

This Canada waka started in 2014 after my NYSC, I told my people I didn't want UK anymore, I wanted Canada. That time I used an agency, but after admission was secured, family issues meant we had to pull the plug.

Fast forward to 2020, I started the  process again, secured admission with Centennial College, Ontario. Went on YouTube and read some articles online and that was how my SP application was put together. I had submitted my application before I found this platform.  Needless to say that my heart cut when I saw that half the documents listed here I did not submit (lmaoo). My only assurance now was God and my confidence in my SOP, because trust me, that was it... Had paid a semester fee and submitted receipts. No sworn affidavits, no document was notarized,  8 year study gap, I was also making a change in careers.

Had my father as sponsor. Lost my mom the same day I submitted my application. Had to do Biometrics in tears.

So from 31st December, 2020 the wait started. Lol, you don't want to know. I sent them mails ayer 2 months initially, then I had focus on some other things for my mental health. I stopped checking my GCKey and went on with my life.

Would you believe it took these guys a mail to send me a medical request? It also took a mail for it to be passed? You guessed it, a mail to get BVL... lmaoo and a mail to get this PPR you guys are seeing on my page like this.

So what's the lesson here. Don't let these people sleep since they won't let us sleep in peace.

Thank you to this platform for keeping me going at times. Reading that you're not alone has a way to soothe your mind just that much to keep you going. Thank you to the gurus on this platform, you guys are doing a lot. Well done.

FINI!
Congratulations sirenoel
Happy for
Your testimony
Please cam you send me the email Of IRCC you sent message to.?
And also the format and template you used in sending the message to them.
Thanks waiting for your response.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 7:20am On Oct 20, 2021
Tre20:
I was refused last night
Sorry
But share the generic reasons first
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:23am On Oct 20, 2021
grace4ever2021:
Good day fam, please i have a question to ask..i have sent my passport from DHL to vfs lagos since 4TH of october and i havent gotten it yet..please what should i do next and my flight is for next week....i need an answer please

Have you written to VAC and did you pay for 2-way delivery?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennykale: 7:25am On Oct 20, 2021
kennyjoy:

Namesake, try and check that DLI I don’t think they offer PGWP.

I checked and rejected the admission offer but they won use call and mail kill me say make I no worry say e get how students dey run am. I tell them thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AlphaStyles(m): 7:27am On Oct 20, 2021
someday AMEN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eboigbedavid1(m): 7:35am On Oct 20, 2021
grace4ever2021:
Good day fam, please i have a question to ask..i have sent my passport from DHL to vfs lagos since 4TH of october and i havent gotten it yet..please what should i do next and my flight is for next week....i need an answer please

Good morning. Has DHL submitted the passport to VFS? U can track it on DHL site to confirm. If DHL have, did VFS send a tracking ID to your email? If you have that tracking ID, all you have to do is to call VFS costumer service and make enquiries regarding your passport. I submitted mine same day and DHL returned the stamped passport 2 days ago
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:44am On Oct 20, 2021
kennykale:

I checked and rejected the admission offer but they won use call and mail kill me say make I no worry say e get how students dey run am. I tell them thank you

You just got saved from sacrificing your deposit fee. LOL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 7:52am On Oct 20, 2021
So sorry to hear that, when did you apply and what are their reasons for the refusal?

Tre20:
I was refused last night
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tre20: 8:05am On Oct 20, 2021
Applied aug 16th
Purpose of visit
Financial resources

CalcreteJB:
So sorry to hear that, when did you apply and what are their reasons for the refusal?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tre20: 8:05am On Oct 20, 2021
Purpose of visit
Financial resources

KellyKk:

Sorry
But share the generic reasons first
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 8:14am On Oct 20, 2021
Tre20:
Purpose of visit
Financial resources

I think she meant share the screenshot of the reasons
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by oyinlove15: 8:25am On Oct 20, 2021
Yes you will have to go and clear your luggage after collecting your study permit you will also need to take the luggage to the place for the next flight after which they will use their machine to check your hand luggage please remove any oily substance or sharp object from hand luggage as they aren’t allowed.
grace4ever2021:
good day my fellow nairalanders, please for those that took ethiopia airline to canada and your P.O.E was toronto, please i like to know if you cleared your luggage's at the port of entry before proceeding to the next flight to take you to your final destination.. please fam , its very urgent, you guys barely reply my questions...please this is urgent i beg

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tre20: 8:33am On Oct 20, 2021
Alright

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kankanio: 8:35am On Oct 20, 2021
I don't think it's automated because I received the same email but at the base of the email they acknowledged receipt of documents I sent to them.

raimiade11:

Wao so it’s an automated reply? Wao
I’m gutted, thought it was a good news hmmmm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 8:36am On Oct 20, 2021
Oh Lord, Let’s get some good news here today.
I wish everyone awaiting PPR success…

President Makano, I greet you.
Lekiboboe and every Guru in the house… cool

Peace

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ray0007: 8:38am On Oct 20, 2021
Thanks a lots, i'll come with my testimony.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 8:59am On Oct 20, 2021
Good morning fam ...
Ipray for ppr those of us waiting ijn
Please how long does it take a reviewing medical results to be updated to pass ? Please

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RollyA(f): 9:05am On Oct 20, 2021
Bobomaigida:

AH03849!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt if this VO has approved one single application, alway rejecting.

@RollyA, any progress with your JD?

@dfut, who did you use as your sponsor and how much did the person have in their account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 9:06am On Oct 20, 2021
Should not take long. Mine was 3days, I did medicals on a Wednesday and it was updated to passed on Saturday and they never reviewed, it was just updated to pass. The way they do their things, it's only God who knows what they are always thinking

Romoke1995:
Good morning fam ...
Please how long does it take a reviewing medical results to be updated to pass ? Please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Agunnaya01: 9:12am On Oct 20, 2021
Romoke1995:
Good morning fam ...

From what i’v read here, it could take from almost instantly to about a week or more.
Ps: mine took about a week.

Cheers...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gg4real: 9:13am On Oct 20, 2021
Good morning FAM. Please how can one get a custodianship signed and seal by a public notary?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 9:13am On Oct 20, 2021
CalcreteJB:
Should not take long. Mine was 3days, I did medicals on a Wednesday and it was updated to passed on Saturday and they never reviewed, it was just updated to pass. The way they do their things, it's only God who knows what they are always thinking

Thanks so much
Mine was upfront medical

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.