Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (862707 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 11:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
makano:
Hello Esther

1. You can actually get your Visa stamped without submitting the biometrics slip , you just have to submit other documents that they require..

Kemmyk, you can see why I earlier posted that you should tell the house how you got your passport stamped without Bimotrics slip, cos I know many people will still ask this question...

2. Your Visa expires a year after it has been stamped on your PASSPORT.. And your Passport hasn't been stamped yet, and this is October, meaning you are safe..

You would have left Nigeria before it expires Next Year OCTOBER OR NOVEMBER depending on when your Passport will be stamped...

Peace

On this, I'd like to say that. If you didn't provide an updated acceptance letter from your school, IRCC would make your visa valid till the last month of your study.

I'll use my application as an example. I applied with May 2021 acceptance letter and never updated it. My counterfoil has a May 2022 expiry date.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 26, 2021
EstherAda92:
House I appreciate everyone of you that congratulated me.
There is a concern please I need your opinion gurus and everybody in the house

1: My biometric paper given to me 2017 when I did my biometric has been misplaced, and my PPR just dropped today what will I do
2: My program doesn't have January and May start, is September 2022 won't the Visa expire before then

Pleeeaaaase ooo help me
if u can find ur old biometrics instruction slip and ur BVL slip,u can send it.ppl have been submitting lately without the slip but I noticed most of them sent their passport straight to ABJ and they paid #8,920 for transmission fee.am not sure but I can guess that transmission fee may be covering their sins grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BoluwajiPieters: 11:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
laidenews:
Are you sure McGill is accepting application for MCF?
I read on their website that Fall 2021 will be the last cohort they'll be taking for the program.
I stand to be corrected though.

Can you send link, please? Or a screenshot 'cos they're still listed on MasterCard foundation scholarship website. I'll check again. Thank you..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by laidenews(f): 11:59pm On Oct 26, 2021
BoluwajiPieters:

Can you send link, please? Or a screenshot 'cos they're still listed on MasterCard foundation scholarship website. I'll check again. Thank you..
https://www.mcgill.ca/mastercardfdn-scholars/apply-program

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 26, 2021
EstherAda92:
House I appreciate everyone of you that congratulated me.
There is a concern please I need your opinion gurus and everybody in the house

1: My biometric paper given to me 2017 when I did my biometric has been misplaced, and my PPR just dropped today what will I do
2: My program doesn't have January and May start, is September 2022 won't the Visa expire before then

Pleeeaaaase ooo help me
it depends on when ur Temporal resident Visa is expiring and the lowest is one year.so u r good to go.I was given 2 years and 5 months and it was written on my introduction letter that I must travel to get my study permit b4 March 2024.

The gurus however advise that we should travel within a year though.They are more experienced than me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 27, 2021
SwayB:

check Ethiopian airlines. i think i saw around 350+ or so
what date did u book for?.and how many stop over please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 27, 2021
kemmyk:
Okay, I did nothing much than the usual documents listed for submission except the biometric slip which I don’t even know how it looks but I still have the receipt for the payment though

I know I did my biometric in Lagos in 2019 and visa was refused

What I had in my envelope was

2 copy of data page
International Passport
A copy of passport request letter
Transmission fee receipt
2 copy of consent form
Maybe that transmission fee receipt covers it up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Francejaik(m): 12:02am On Oct 27, 2021
EstherAda92:
My brothers and sisters God has done it for me, My spiritual father ( Pastor Jerry Eze) said in 30 minutes we are going to receive good News of our new has come..the new is here Ppppppprrrrr....

July 13th applicant
Upfront medical passed 26th August
Eligibility started on the 22nd October
PPR 26th October

CONGRATULATIONS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 27, 2021
sirenoel:

Shouldn't be. Different dates with different prices. Got a return ticket for 529,000 or there about on Ethiopian Airlines.
I first booked one way and I got that for 325,000 or so before I changed my mind due to PTA requirements.
please share the link please.i need it ASAP .also which date did u book?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Francejaik(m): 12:04am On Oct 27, 2021
JosephYemsol:
PPR ALERT

July 19th applicant

Got my PPR this morning.

I'll surely come back for details...

CONGRATULATIONS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Francejaik(m): 12:18am On Oct 27, 2021
EstherAda92:
What God cannot do does not exist. That is my story,
1st application 2017 visiting Visa denied
2nd application July 13th 2021
upfront medical passed 16 August
Eligibility started 22nd Oct
Correspondence and PPR 26th October

graduated 2012 From Elect/Elect Engineering
B.Eng
program: Advance diploma in Power Engineering.. college of the North Atlantic
working as a maintenance Engineer in a micro finance

Documents submitted in ascending order
1: Receipt of tuition fee payment
2: Receipt of my tuition fee payment by my sponsor telex from GTB
3: SOP of my sponsor half page, no prove of relationship just that we have the same surname which was stated on his LOE, didn't submit birthday certificate of sponsor bcoz he said he doesn't have
4: Letter of introduction from his company
as the executive director of the company he is working with
5: His pay slip for 4months
6: Statement of account
7: My pension Statement with 1.4M
8: My account statement less than 100k
9: Spouse account statement less than 100k
10: My LOE just 1 page. summarized everything, explained home tie that I have two kids and a spouse. no birth certificate for any of them except mine
11: Company Leave of absence
12: Appointment letter
13: Introduction letter
14: Police character report
15: Marriage certificate no pictures submitted, even pictures of my kids spouse or their birth certificate was not submitted
16: WAEC cert
17: Degree cert

forgot to submit NYSC certificate, my school had resumed since 26th September and my admission has been withdrawn, my school said I should reapply for September 2022 that they don't do deferral, no LOA sent to me to update ircc. I was not expecting my PPR since my LOA carried only September 2021 start date, thought I will be asked to send updated LOA.
Pastor Jerry Eze said after today's prayer that in less than 30Mins some1 will receive congratulatory message, less than that time, d email dropped

CONGRATULATIONS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Whitenaira2014: 12:19am On Oct 27, 2021
Hello,

Please I will appreciate if you can break down how I can prepare my documents for Proof of funds.
Short summary of my CV and my intend course of study at Regina Poly is graphics communication; I am a father of two children my wife currently running her food item business and we have a joint branding business registered with CAC but I am currently working under another company. I have HND in computer science worked in a branding company as graphics designer since I graduated later was upgraded to manager in graphics department.
I am so so confused on our to begin the journey of documents that will be required to backup my funds and how much should I be preparing since my total tuition fee is 17,000CAD. Just submitted my application and I need to be ahead of every task.

Please � I need urgent feedback. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Francejaik(m): 12:22am On Oct 27, 2021
Bunmijab:
Congratulations lianna2020 I'm so happy to read your landing gist. Have been off NL for a while but coming to see your landing gist is giving me hope. May you find favour everywhere u go and your family
I'll also share my PPR story soon... It's on the way smiley
It will end in praise

CONGRATULATIONS @lianna2020.
Thank you for how you have been contributing to this group. We will join you soon. Live and enjoy the sweet Canadian Dream
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 12:24am On Oct 27, 2021
Yeah I have got it, thank you very much God bless you

makano:
You are welcome...

In addition, below is the list of documents you will need to submit to get your Visa stamped...

2 copies of data page
International Passport
A copy of the passport request letter
Transmission fee receipt
2 copies of the consent form

You will need to put these documents in an envelope..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hope4brym: 12:26am On Oct 27, 2021
Hi all,

Is it safe to apply for a 1-year PSW certificate program, from immigration visa perspective? Candidate has a Laboratory Science certificate from Lagos State College of Health.

Has anyone applied successfully for a student visa with a PSW course?

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 12:30am On Oct 27, 2021
sirenoel:

On this, I'd like to say that. If you didn't provide an updated acceptance letter from your school, IRCC would make your visa valid till the last month of your study.

I'll use my application as an example. I applied with May 2021 acceptance letter and never updated it. My counterfoil has a May 2022 expiry date.

Please pardon me, I didn't get you correctly with d 2nd paragraph can you rephrase. I nor too go school na Engineer I be�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 12:43am On Oct 27, 2021
Jay316:
it depends on when ur Temporal resident Visa is expiring and the lowest is one year.so u r good to go.I was given 2 years and 5 months and it was written on my introduction letter that I must travel to get my study permit b4 March 2024.

The gurus however advise that we should travel within a year though.They are more experienced than me

Wow, I con they worry before all of you too much.. thanks for the information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Queen6996: 12:44am On Oct 27, 2021
sirenoel:

So if your Visa expired during your time of studies. Will that affect you or can it be extended
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilylurv(f): 12:47am On Oct 27, 2021
CalcreteJB:
I remember you also did your medicals at IOM Abuja, have they updated your medicals??

Yeah, they did...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 12:54am On Oct 27, 2021
Jay316:
if u can find ur old biometrics instruction slip and ur BVL slip,u can send it.ppl have been submitting lately without the slip but I noticed most of them sent their passport straight to ABJ and they paid #8,920 for transmission fee.am not sure but I can guess that transmission fee may be covering their sins grin grin grin

Is it not possible to send it to Lagos, that is the place I did my biometric 2017. I lost everything concerning the biometric never new I will ever give reapplication a trial.
Please what is consent form, where can I get it.. please don't laugh o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aaron34: 1:01am On Oct 27, 2021
Hello guys i need your help
i just got a medical request from IRCC and am yet to do my medicals, my issue is the fixed deposit I used as on of the POF for my application will end tomorrow, will they still check my documents again after medicals?

MY INITIAL POF WAS 52K and 46k without FD or if FD is removed, I still exceed the minimum POF required

DOES MEDICAL REQUEST MEAN SURE PPR or it's subject to a final review?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 1:03am On Oct 27, 2021
Jay316:
please share the link please.i need it ASAP .also which date did u book?

I booked directly from Ethiopian Airlines site. Departure date is 18th December. 2 stopovers but one is just for refuelling. The other is a 2 hour stop at Addis Ababa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Doziepac: 1:08am On Oct 27, 2021
I don’t understand why you worry much , you were told to go for medicals not to explain POF. Just go do your medicals and leave the rest for the VO.

aaron34:
Hello guys i need your help
i just got a medical request from IRCC and am yet to do my medicals, my issue is the fixed deposit I used as on of the POF for my application will end tomorrow, will they still check my documents again after medicals?

MY INITIAL POF WAS 52K and 46k without FD or if FD is removed, I still exceed the minimum POF required

DOES MEDICAL REQUEST MEAN SURE PPR or it's subject to a final review?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aaron34: 1:10am On Oct 27, 2021
Doziepac:
I don’t understand why you worry much, you were told to go for medicals not to explain POF. Just go do your medicals and leave the rest for the VO.

I just hope they don't check my POF again after I submit medicals and then find out my fixed deposit as expired
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 1:10am On Oct 27, 2021
EstherAda92:

Please pardon me, I didn't get you correctly with d 2nd paragraph can you rephrase. I nor too go school na Engineer I be�

Lol. So I applied for a study permit in December, 2020 using an acceptance letter from my school for May 2021 intake. My Application took 10months to be completed and I never sent my deferred acceptance letter to IRCC, hence they worked with what they had (May 2021) making the counterfoil on my page to expire a year after the start date on my acceptance letter. My course is a one year course.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Doziepac: 1:12am On Oct 27, 2021
Probably check your mail to see what you were told to provide. My case I did not fill consent form coz I submitted my passport to the VAC I did my biometrics. With your PPR letter you can send your passport.

Is it not possible to send it to Lagos, that is the place I did my biometric 2017. I lost everything concerning the biometric never new I will ever give reapplication a trial.
Please what is consent form, where can I get it.. please don't laugh o[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 1:12am On Oct 27, 2021
Queen6996:

So if your Visa expired during your time of studies. Will that affect you or can it be extended

I believe the study permit that would be issued at the point of entry will be updated to my new acceptance letter. And study permits can be extended too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Doziepac: 1:15am On Oct 27, 2021
Am sure the VO would have called your attention to that if it was necessary, but Atm it’s your medicals that is needed.

aaron34:
I just hope they don't check my POF again after I submit medicals and then find out my fixed deposit as expired
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 1:16am On Oct 27, 2021
You can send to Lagos, however Abuja is faster.
The consent form is attached below.
Sign only the 2nd page.
You only need to submit one copy.
All the best

EstherAda92:

Please what is consent form, where can I get it.. please don't laugh o

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aaron34: 1:17am On Oct 27, 2021
Doziepac:
Am sure the VO would have called your attention to that if it was necessary, but Atm it’s your medicals that is needed.

thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BoluwajiPieters: 1:21am On Oct 27, 2021
laidenews:
https://www.mcgill.ca/mastercardfdn-scholars/apply-program

Wow! Well, that hurts. So it's UoT and UBC left. Interesting. Thank you very much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 1:35am On Oct 27, 2021
sirenoel:

Lol. So I applied for a study permit in December, 2020 using an acceptance letter from my school for May 2021 intake. My Application took 10months to be completed and I never sent my deferred acceptance letter to IRCC, hence they worked with what they had (May 2021) making the counterfoil on my page to expire a year after the start date on my acceptance letter. My course is a one year course.
Hope this helps.

Yeah thank you you very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.