Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,632 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (869058 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 29, 2021
Jioke1994:
Congrats!
Pls, can u giv me your WhatsApp number.
I want to know how u compressed proof of finance docs to 4 mb.
Mine is 13 mb.
How did u compress all your sponsor's SOA with other docs?

cant u do MBS.cos if they later ask u for a legible copy, they may ask u for a recent statement sef and if u have in one way tempered with it,it cud b bad oo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 29, 2021
gbemiodula:
my gcms note arrived today stating the main reason my application was refused. Please someone should help me on how to go about this
my take is that u have to establish ur relationship with ur sponsor since u r using 3rd party sponsorship. ur sponsor may have billions but if the V.O does not see the logic behind a 3rd party sponsoring u,he may not approve.also the company should pay school fees and send the living expenses to us account but then u have to convince the V.O about the lump sum too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 29, 2021
TheDarkGamer:

Thank you for this.

I have to submit proof of vaccination or proof of exemption to the university. The deadline is close and if I can't meet up with the vaccination, what proof of exemption can I submit?

It would be nice if I could know the things that can exempt me from taking the vaccine. I hope you understand.
Go to the primary health center close to u and ask dear.they are in a better position to advice.ask about Moderna cos that's what we r given here.

it's only in Nigeria they bring all these laws.
in Nigeria, they will say if u r pregnant or breastfeeding, dont take the vaccine. that's wrong,my brother's wife was 8 months pregnant wen she took hers in Canada.

they will say u should eat very strong food.my brother laughed me to scorn wen I told him they told us eating just bread and tea to take the vaccine is wrong.that u need strong food like rice,beans or eba.He told me that's false.

if u have gotten to teenage age which is 12 or 13, u are old enough to take Vaccines.am sure that is y they are requiring an official exception from ur Government since u claim u r underaged cos a 16 year old should take the Vaccine in Canada.Althogh it depends on the Vaccine as earlier stated but I personally think moderna is ok 4 teens.

disclaimer :am not a doctor oo

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 7:02am On Oct 29, 2021
Jay316:
thanks bro.it was the same reason I avoided city bank since it's not Nigerian so that it will be easily sorted out cos if I have issues with City bank, where will I go to?

but on d contrary it was d better option I guess

Yes it was. Citi bank is very efficient. I see my own Zenith there and looked away. Please update me on how it goes today. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Electroweb(m): 7:16am On Oct 29, 2021
ANNOUNCEMENT ! ANNOUNCEMENT!
The eagle has landed!
Study permit approval and in possession announcement.
We thank God for giving us this visa. He gave us the knowledge to navigate through the maze of Canada study permit application. He will not share his glory with anybody. I say this because we tried using Immigration Lawyer from Canada but the conditions in their letter was not palatable to us. We also tried using a consultant in Nigeria, even paid consultancy fees. At the end we were discouraged and went in on our own. I also felt I could give the application a personal touch. I am my spouse put head together to draft the LOE. God used some nice people in this forum to answer our questions.

Main applicant is my spouse.
Applied for Visitor visa for our 18month child. Our child’s visa is not yet out but we are believing in God. I heard that all those that applied for Visitor visa before August are advised to reapply.

Timeline
Second time applicant. Was denied last year
Admission deferred to this year. A 2yr diploma course.
Medical done 12th May 2021 (not sure of the date though unless I check but it was upfront)
Application date 14th May 2021.
Correspondence letter 8th September 2021
Original passport request 8th September 2021
Sent passport through courier 15th October 2021
Correspondence letter 22nd October 2021
Passport received from courier 28th October 2021

Documents submitted
Letter of explanation
Sponsor letter( payslip, 4 month bank statement, employment letter, id card)
4 month Family Business Bank statement
Marriage certificate
Nursing registration
Referral letter from my spouse’s “pro bono” beneficiaries
SSCE result
Commercial invoice of goods in warehouse
Birth certificate of child
Company registration documents
C. V
Letter of acceptance

Travel history
USA and UK

My opinion,
It is God that will decide if it will turn out positive or not because He sees the future. The race is not to the swift or the smartest. The documents we submitted are basic but it was meant to be.
Just as our faces are different, the same way our application will be different. Copy and paste doesn’t work in this case.

36 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 7:46am On Oct 29, 2021
Electroweb:
ANNOUNCEMENT ! ANNOUNCEMENT!
The eagle has landed!
Study permit approval and in possession announcement.
We thank God for giving us this visa. He gave us the knowledge to navigate through the maze of Canada study permit application. He will not share his glory with anybody. I say this because we tried using Immigration Lawyer from Canada but the conditions in their letter was not palatable to us. We also tried using a consultant in Nigeria, even paid consultancy fees. At the end we were discouraged and went in on our own. I also felt I could give the application a personal touch. I am my spouse put head together to draft the LOE. God used some nice people in this forum to answer our questions.

Main applicant is my spouse.
Applied for Visitor visa for our 18month child. Our child’s visa is not yet out but we are believing in God. I heard that all those that applied for Visitor visa before August are advised to reapply.

Timeline
Second time applicant. Was denied last year
Admission deferred to this year. A 2yr diploma course.
Medical done 12th May 2021 (not sure of the date though unless I check but it was upfront)
Application date 14th May 2021.
Correspondence letter 8th September 2021
Original passport request 8th September 2021
Sent passport through courier 15th October 2021
Correspondence letter 22nd October 2021
Passport received from courier 28th October 2021

Documents submitted
Letter of explanation
Sponsor letter( payslip, 4 month bank statement, employment letter, id card)
4 month Family Business Bank statement
Marriage certificate
Nursing registration
Referral letter from my spouse’s “pro bono” beneficiaries
SSCE result
Commercial invoice of goods in warehouse
Birth certificate of child
Company registration documents
C. V
Letter of acceptance

Travel history
USA and UK

My opinion,
It is God that will decide if it will turn out positive or not because He sees the future. The race is not to the swift or the smartest. The documents we submitted are basic but it was meant to be.
Just as our faces are different, the same way our application will be different. Copy and paste doesn’t work in this case.

Congratulations to you and yours.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 7:46am On Oct 29, 2021
I went to Nigeria embassy at cotonou, paid 77k and they did a new passport for me. My old on will be expiring next five months so I had to renew.
handsondeck:

Hi, can you kindly elaborate on how and where exactly. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 7:54am On Oct 29, 2021
Before nko lol... Nigerian embassy
Jay316:
see scope ooo.lmao.na wa

where in Cotonou? .Nigerian Embassy ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jermaie0009: 8:23am On Oct 29, 2021
Lol Nd for Naija for here, Paper don finish to
Print new one

Winnn:
I went to Nigeria embassy at cotonou, paid 77k and they did a new passport for me. My old on will be expiring next five months so I had to renew.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Vjtimmzy: 8:42am On Oct 29, 2021
Jermaie0009:
Lol Nd for Naija for here, Paper don finish to
Print new one

My brother I fear Nigeria, I paid for passport at festac on friday and Monday I collected passport na money dey talk for this Nigeria and they are telling the DIY applicants that there is no booklet.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Davidganna10: 8:48am On Oct 29, 2021
Vjtimmzy:

My brother I fear Nigeria, I paid for passport at festac on friday and Monday I collected passport na money dey talk for this Nigeria and they are telling the DIY applicants that there is no booklet.
how much did you pay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:01am On Oct 29, 2021
Vjtimmzy:

You're lucky to have paid to the right person. Some people paid more than you did and didn't get it that fast. When I did mine, I paid 60K and got it after 4 months. Some people who paid only the official rate got theirs much earlier.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kidsister13: 9:11am On Oct 29, 2021
Thank you
Emmasonic4me:

You're taking the right step. Book for your medicals and biometrics and get a date. All things being equal, you'll get biometrics instruction letter a day after submitting your application. With this, you can do both medicals and biometrics before returning to your base.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikxim: 9:12am On Oct 29, 2021
Jay316:
u may need to show ur mom's marriage certificate to show she once had the same surname with the man or bday certificate if possible. its 3rd party sponsorship but if u can establish good enough ties,I think u r good to go.u have to justify y he is choosing to sponsor u though and he must have enough funds in his account to cater for u and still have enough balance to Carter for his immediate family (dependants).u can also so affidavits of sponsorship and if possible let him make some commitments. remember u have to also establish ur personal relationship with him as a 3rd party sponsor with may b old and new pictures of u two

Thank you so much i really appreciate… the issue is mum is late and he(my uncle) has been my sponsor since university days

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Vjtimmzy: 9:14am On Oct 29, 2021
Davidganna10:
how much did you pay?

I paid 52,000 naira
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Vjtimmzy: 9:16am On Oct 29, 2021
PatrickOkunima:

You're lucky to have paid to the right person. Some people paid more than you did and didn't get it that fast. When I did mine, I paid 60K and got it after 4 months. Some people who paid only the official rate got theirs much earlier.

Yes it better to meet the guys that help the officers arrange the document than the officer's them self, some of the officers will collect money and spend it. Those guys even work pass some of those officers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheDarkGamer: 9:21am On Oct 29, 2021
Is it true that you can only get vaccinated in Nigeria if you're 18 and above?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 9:24am On Oct 29, 2021
Bruh children from ages 5 upwards takes the vaccine
TheDarkGamer:

16. That's what someone told me at least. I was told that I had to be at least 18 years old.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kidsister13: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2021
When i see the documents that people submit ehen. My heart will be beating faster

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:30am On Oct 29, 2021
Vjtimmzy:

Yes it better to meet the guys that help the officers arrange the document than the officer's them self, some of the officers will collect money and spend it. Those guys even work pass some of those officers.

It was one of them I used o. Guess I was just unlucky. All the while, the guy was just posting me, until the day I went straight to the Passport Officer and introduced myself as a retired military man. He immediately called for my file and started processing it. I got my passport the next day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by rotexteymie(f): 9:36am On Oct 29, 2021
Just Relax. Situations are different

Kidsister13:
When i see the documents that people submit ehen. My heart will be beating faster
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheDarkGamer: 9:36am On Oct 29, 2021
Omiinii:

Wow. Thank you for this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 29, 2021
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Ppr!!!
Sept9th applicant
Omoo!!!!!! First time applicant[/quote]

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 29, 2021
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

My HEBREWS 11:1 GOD has come through! I testified that this month, my Hallelujah will be louuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddd! The wait has been longggggggggg, but on Saturday, the Lord reminded me to hold onto HEBREWS 11:1 and to be anxious for nothing ‘cos my approval is coming this week. I started classes in September and Oluwaaaa, it’s been difficult! Omoooo, Master’s no easy o!!!!

I am in my late 30s with previous travel history, completed undergrad in the UK almost 18 years ago, education gap is like 12 years, half of my siblings are abroad. As a first time applicant, I used an awesome agent, but looking back at my SOP and the wealth of information you all freely give on here, it certainly wasn’t perfect but my EVER FAITHFUL GOD perfected it all!!!!! Thank you to every single one of you that selflessly shares credible information on here and to those who are simply silently reading, may God arm you with the wealth of knowledge that will enable you giveback and help others. The ideas I was blessed with from this platform: completing upfront medicals, using webform, how to bombard IRCC with emails to appeal to them and info from landing gists. Ohhhh, lest I forget, GCMS notes, too - never applied sha.

My wait was for three months, and I know there are scores of applicants whose application has been pending for even a year - my charge to you (irrespective of your religion) is to meditate on HEBREWS 11. I promise you, even when I was a Muslim, this scripture ALWAYS comes through for me.

Who am I, o Lord that you are mindful of meeeeeeee??

I am aware of the tradition of posting timelines, so I won’t violate it. Allow me break the good news to my family first and do my thanksgiving azonto. I will locate every document I submitted and share. See ehnnnnnn, I have been crying tears of joy and shaking like a leaf! What God cannot do does not exist!!! Tell your neighbors!!!!

Best breakfast ever!!!!!!!

British Columbia, here I come!!!

*forgive any typos, e dakun. [/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Perfectyyyyyy: 9:39am On Oct 29, 2021
I got offer letter for a 2 years post graduation. While filling the IMM1294E, I became bit confused. In my LOA Level of study is "post graduate program". There is three option in IMM194E about the level of study. It's a College-Certificate,College-Diploma,College-Applied Degree. Now, which one should I choose?

What should I attach in my evidence of work section? My program has a Co-op which was written on the acceptance letter only. There are no other document from the school of that?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 9:41am On Oct 29, 2021
Congratulations, it was meant to happen.

lilylurv:
If they say who submitted the most clueless application, na me but when God is involved, protocols are waivedgrin

I submitted long before I even discovered this group on NL with the guide of a friend, and our thoughts as at then was that it's just a permit without TRV, since border was closed then.

Oya, here is my 'tori'

I started the admission process last year when the lockdown was so serious, around April, but could not get LOA due to the fact that I was unable to get my transcript...by the time I could lay my hands on it in July, 2020... Admission don finish...I was told to change my course for the ones available in January 2021, but I decided to wait it out till Sept, 2021.

2021 came, I received my LOA on 1st of June, after a deposit of 265o, okay...wuruwuru, I combed 'inside and outside'...I came up with this few documents and submitted...then backed it up with midnight prayers, afternoon prayers, church prayer points, morning prayers, anywhere prayers...I prayed all through the process o...because if it by documents, I did not even submit half of what I'm seeing here cool

Documents Submitted

FORMS
All the IMM forms
Passport info page
LOA

POF
Sponsor's SOA (3 diff accounts with total sum available close to just 9M but with huge inflows and outflows)
My personal SOA with balance of 3.6
Bank's Reference letter from sponsor
Bank's confirmation of signature (mine and my brother's)
My work ID (I work with bank)
My confirmation letter (was given this long time ago when my appointment was confirmed, thank God I kept it sha)
Sponsor's CAC documents and cert (I only used the on for his school, didn't even bother about his main biz)
Sponsor's International Passport
Notarized Sworn affidavit to sponsor my education with our photographs stamped on it

CLIENT INFO
SOP _ written by me, proofread by my friend...said I should make it as short as possible, ended 2 pages pere
Signed Letter from my mom to care for my son while I'm away
His birth certificate
My CAC DOCUMENTS - I have a biz related to my course registered since 2018 - though not in operation
TIN Certificate

Lobatan

I didn't even know I have to submit school certificates, payslip, photographs, PCC, even my car documents, I no submit o, no landed property, no Mom's ID sef, nothing and so many other things...my friend kept telling me 'Dont try too hard to convince them, they see you as desperate'

Above all, I prayed! I fasted, I did personal vigil asking God for favour.

And, indeed, The Lord answereth prayers!

#WhatGodCannotDoDoesNotExist
#EverFaithfulGod
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 9:42am On Oct 29, 2021
I think you can only get the right advise from someone that has passed through this phase. When they say proof of exemption, there should be guidelines to get this proof... which could be through doctor in an approved hospital to write why you cannot be vaccinated. You can check with the approved hospitals in your city if residence and go to any one to get the procedure for the exemption and possibly get one. If it is not possible, then discuss with your school on the possibility of getting another vaccine in Canada approved for minors if there is any. My younger bro is 14 and couldn't also get his in Nigeria before travelling cause of age but he got one in Germany and have completed his 2nd dose too. So I think countries will have other approved ones for minors.

TheDarkGamer:

Thank you for this.

I have to submit proof of vaccination or proof of exemption to the university. The deadline is close and if I can't meet up with the vaccination, what proof of exemption can I submit?

It would be nice if I could know the things that can exempt me from taking the vaccine. I hope you understand.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sam4774: 9:47am On Oct 29, 2021
please i am in your DMs, i want to pursue this.

Vjtimmzy:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ogteri: 9:48am On Oct 29, 2021
Lianna2020:
LANDING GIST

300k for the extra 4 bags??

My flight was scheduled for 10:55 pm on Sunday.
We all went to the airport by 2:00pm because we had excess luggage and also to check in on time.
At 2, there wasn’t any crowd, we had 23kg into ten places (entitled to just 6 bags at 23kg) and paid 300k for extra luggage.

Things requested for at Nigerian airport:
1. Arrive can
2. Stamped visas
3. Enrollment letter
4. Covid 19 test

We finished all checks around 5:pm. Please no matter the time for your flight, try and get to the airport early because the crowd from five ehn!, I wouldn’t have meet up if I went late.

Tickets were printed out, yellow card given as well and passport scanned.

I said final goodbyes to my in-laws around eight and got checked in.

We used Lufthansa, we left 10:55pm and got to Frankfurt after 6 hours. We had layover of about six hours.

Things asked at Frankfurt by immigration.

1. Arrive can
2. Visas
3. Covid test result
4. Quarantine plan (14 days at Airbnb)

Our flight to Vancouver moved around 1:35pm on Monday (Germany time). It was the longest ten hours of my life. I never knew traveling with an active baby was this hard. They served their usual
Leaves but I no gree chop am because my turkey and meat Dey my bag Dey wait me(lol).

We got to Vancouver around 14:35(Vancouver time )on Monday . I filled arrival form on the system and moved to immigration.

At immigration in Vancouver, no cue or crowd at all.
Things asked by immigration:
1. Stamped visas of hubby , I and baby.
2. Hubby’s letter of authorization (the letter sent after your pp has been stamped ).

His work permit and baby’s visit visa was printed. No need for mine as i already had my study permit since July .
I waited for welcome to Canada and nothing grin,yet again.

I and hubby got tested for covid at the airport and self test kit given for day eight test.

We moved to claim luggages(every bag complete ) there after entered taxi to our Airbnb for quarantine.

I wish everyone all the best.
Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheDarkGamer: 9:49am On Oct 29, 2021
viviangogos:
I think you can only get the right advise from someone that has passed through this phase. When they say proof of exemption, there should be guidelines to get this proof... which could be through doctor in an approved hospital to write why you cannot be vaccinated. You can check with the approved hospitals in your city if residence and go to any one to get the procedure for the exemption and possibly get one. If it is not possible, then discuss with your school on the possibility of getting another vaccine in Canada approved for minors if there is any. My younger bro is 14 and couldn't also get his in Nigeria before travelling cause of age but he got one in Germany and have completed his 2nd dose too. So I think countries will have other approved ones for minors.

Thank you for this. I appreciate it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 9:49am On Oct 29, 2021
Well, I think it depend on the vaccine that is available. My bro is 14 and couldn't get vaccinated in Nigeria too but he got in Germany... he just need to check with the clinics to be sure first...I will confirm which one he took though..

Omiinii:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fatuse(m): 9:57am On Oct 29, 2021
Has anyone here mailed an MP of Calgary and gotten a response?

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (834)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.