Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855188 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sayittome(m): 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2021
PapaObi:
Fantastic, he can work 20 hours a week to sustain himself but he needs to show proof of funds to apply for the visa.
Yeah. But his fears are:
1. What is d ease of getting a job?
2. And can he sustain himself from what he will be paid?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by vonn(f): 7:51pm On Nov 01, 2021
Please is there anyone applying to or has successfully applied to Simon Fraser University? How were you able to make the application fee payment?
Please help out.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2021
Lianna2020:
What a good way!
Congratulations

Thanks to everyone for the congratulatory messages
May we all have reasons to be celebrated
And may we all find favors in all that concerns us
Amin

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Marytess(f): 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2021
EuniqueBabe:

Why don't you just go to your bank and request for MBS irrespective of the amount in your account. You wont need to be worrying about how to send statement and it is more acceptable too.

Please what is MBS?
I have printed copy of my back statement but it gets blurry whenever I reduced the size.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 01, 2021
atiteb4:
Alhamdulillah Omo iya. Barakallahu feekum. Congratulations
Amin
Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 01, 2021
Hello house
Is there anyone going to Vancouver this December
And also who knows anyone that would like to share apartment in Vancouver or Richmond.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nairaland1981: 7:58pm On Nov 01, 2021
i applied to a college in Canada, i uploaded my degree certificate and transcript but i got a mail that i should upload the following

Official and complete high school credentials is required.

Official and complete high school transcript is required.

what am i not doing correctly

makano and other pls help out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by borvick(f): 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2021
PapaObi:
Upfront or on request. If upfront you would have to pick the next available date if the latter you would call them or send an electronic mail to get scheduled

Pls how long is the validity of the study permit medical test?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jam2jam: 8:15pm On Nov 01, 2021
To whom it may concern,

I have seen posts here from people who don't know how to start writing their SOP or how to go about reapplying.

I, too, was only successful on my second attempt, so I figured I would share my SOP.
Of course, no 2 cases are the same, but it may guide somebody here on how to go about writing theirs.

Note I applied for a graduate certificate after completing a Master's.
Completed Bachelors in 2013, Masters in 2016, then applied for a Graduate certificate to start in 2020.

I will answer any questions directed at me if I can.

See attached the redacted version of my SOP.

28 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teeprecious: 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2021
frankob:

NSE doesn’t work again o

Hmmm, it doesn't hurt to submit NSE docs if u have oo. My initial application took like 50 days before I got my decision(a refusal) while this application that gave me my PPR took 42 days. I didn't get NSE request but submitted them anyways.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2021
Teeprecious:

Hmmm, it doesn't hurt to submit NSE docs if u have oo. My initial application took like 50 days before I got my decision(a refusal) while this application that gave me my PPR took 42 days. I didn't get NSE request but submitted them anyways.

True you are right

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PapaObi: 8:54pm On Nov 01, 2021
Realisticly speaking getting a job may take 1-3months. Pay, depending on hours he gets 500-900 a month.
sayittome:

Yeah. But his fears are:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PapaObi: 9:05pm On Nov 01, 2021
12 months
borvick:

Pls how long is the validity of the study permit medical test?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cloudweb: 9:14pm On Nov 01, 2021
Please any Pentester/Ethical hacker here?

Let's link up!

Contact me at enwedavid5@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pufframmy: 9:16pm On Nov 01, 2021
congratulation drop share documents submited bro

Spanik20:
PPR Just dropped
Application submitted :July 28
Upfront medical done : September 18
Medicals updated to pass: October 12
Eligibility review started: October 18 well that was when I got to know
BVL AND PPR : 1st November
What a good way to start the month
I’m also a first time applicant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2021
Bunmijab:

It's not compulsory but it's necessary
actually, it's not even neccessary except they ask for it which they rarely do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oby2828: 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2021
kennyjoy:

FCID Alagbon.

Any number to call, so I just don’t go there blindly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Waskylala: 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2021
sayittome:

Yeah. But his fears are:

Seems you haven't done your research on Canada? There are so much work to the extent they are bringing in migrants to help fill up those works.

I sure say he will be making over 100k(naira) per week, and you know they pay in CAD.

Let him hustle for visa first and Good luck.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2021
Inspector Titi 08035618789.
It is 5k naira. You should get it done under 30 minutes.

Oby2828:

Any number to call, so I just don’t go there blindly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
Jam2jam:
To whom it may concern,

I have seen posts here from people who don't know how to start writing their SOP or how to go about reapplying.

I, too, was only successful on my second attempt, so I figured I would share my SOP.
Of course, no 2 cases are the same, but it may guide somebody here on how to go about writing theirs.

Completed Bachelors in 2013, Masters in 2016, then applied for a Graduate certificate to start in 2020.

Well I am glad you got your ppr and thank you for sharing your SOP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pufframmy: 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2021
MA salam Canada will favor u
Spanik20:

I applied for post graduate diploma- 2 years

Documents submitted were as follows
SOP
Acceptance letter
First semester tuition deposit receipt
Undergraduate certificate
CV

Then sponsor was my father
Letter from his employer as executive director of the company
Introduction letter from his bank
His 6 months bank statement note that I had a lump sum deposit at the end of the account as my dad had to liquidify part of his shares in that bank
I was very worried about this part as I didn’t get to explain this in my SOP
Sponsors passport page and previous visas
Sponsorship letter from my father
Valuation of our house it was about 90m so didn’t bother to submit for other properties
I was worried with this as this was our present place of resident

My home ties
My parents
Offer of employment from the audit firm where I served as I just finished NYSC last year so I didn’t bother to use employment letter from my present place of employment
Also a letter from my dads school as I’m one of the directors of the place and I will be coming to take over
All of this I explained in my SOP even if it wasn’t very detailed

not so much documents submitted but Alhamdulilah it ended in praise
I wish every one of us awaiting PPR the very best
Will be dropping landing gist soon as school resumes by January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Stellagabu: 10:40pm On Nov 01, 2021
Please does any one have sample of strong SOP and letter of Explanations for someone that has express entry profile and masters and wants to do a graduation certificate course for 2 years in Canada . Please kindly help send to gabustella@gmail.com .
Thank you �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akukusesemomo: 11:11pm On Nov 01, 2021
Hello guys, thanks for this amazing thread.
I am new to the process and have no one to guide me.
I will apply for the study permit this week and have some concerns. My immediate family abroad will be my main sponsor, I don't have any funds for now. Will it be enough for them to upload their Bank Statement in my application? Or send the money into my account. I am hearing the Canadian officers do not like to see sudden deposits of lump sums into a person's account.

I am sorry, I will be asking things you guys have already answered in the past, but the thread is so lengthy (a testament to how kind you all are on here), it's so lengthy that I don't know where to find answers to my personal questions.

I will be coming with more and more questions over the next couple of weeks.

I thank you guys, happy new month and may our prayers be answered, amen.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 02, 2021
Thaiy:

What province are you travelling too? I got mine after I filled my province travel authorization form, being fully vaccinated, with proof, I got the letter from them.

At Pearson Airport Toronto (YYZ Airport), I relaxed moved around, was on calls and had friends who were willing to come over, besides there is always some for killing time.

At 1:30am, when I got to St John Airport, my greeter was already on ground waiting for me, a friend had asked if my greeter did not show, that I should call him, also, there are taxi you can pick should you have an address.

My airbnb booking was made online while I was at Pearson Airport, Toronto.
ohh wow.so u can book ur Airbnb at any time?.guess I need to learn how it works.

my province is British Columbia. I dont know yet if they give exception letter but am touching down at Toronto 1st.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 02, 2021
Marytess:
Please must bank statement be stamped?
And does anyone know how I can send statement of account from Zenith bank to embassy?

Please I really need help with this. Someone answer please.
meet ur bank to do MBS 4 u.they will send it directly to the embassy and u dont need to print or upload anything aside the ticket no and password the Embassy or V.O will use to access ur already sent statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 02, 2021
Spanik20:
Hello house
Is there anyone going to Vancouver this December
And also who knows anyone that would like to share apartment in Vancouver or Richmond.
which school?.chat me up?I will be in Canada by Gods grace in December but will arrive Vancouver on the 4th of January

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 12:32am On Nov 02, 2021
good day everyone.
I keep having problem with my application, I withdrew my application and I was refunded then i submitted it again,which showed successful, till today I havent gotten confirmation message, I don't know what ircc is doing again. now they are telling me I don't have an open application till my application is open I will get a message, don't know this new style again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 12:34am On Nov 02, 2021
Sorry about that.
It’s just a Delay. You will bounce back.

(1) Post a screenshot of the generic refusal reason so that house can deduce what could cause it and how much is required to tackle…
Some generic reasons are straight forward if you applied yourself, you might know why.

When I got my delay, I knew what could cause it and I started tackling before my GCMS note came out.
I was just unlucky to find this trend almost 3 months after submission.
(2) Order for your GCMS note… This will give the exact reasons for VO’s concern.

All is well.

Regards.
ehisforever24:
Application refused today but we thank God for life
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 12:41am On Nov 02, 2021
Beautiful I like how it was structured.
Jam2jam:
To whom it may concern,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Grazat2021: 2:36am On Nov 02, 2021
Thank you all so much for this thread, it has been so informative. I got my PPR last week, glory be to God.

But it's coming after my admission has expired as they refused to defer to January but asked I reapply for Fall,2022. It was so painful, as I have to start over with application for admissions. But God knows best.

Here is my question, my former program was a 1 year master, but the school I'm seeing now for a similar program for Summer, 2022 is 2 years masters. My concern, what should I do? Get the offer and update IRCC by raising a webform? Will it make any difference, I'm asking if I will be given 2 years study permit? Or will it be risky to do, will I loose my Visa approval as this program is 2 years and my financial statement was for the 1 year program. Or what will you advice I do? I need your URGENT RESPONSES PLEASE. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.