Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (869177 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kkellyxxxx: 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
Lizabeth36:
That was so quick. Just be strong.. is it 2nd application?

first application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikediaye: 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
eclint:
Sent mine on Thursday last week, DHL delivered to vfs on Friday and I got a mail from Vfs that my PP has been delivered to IRCC Abuja OC for processing.
Hope that can help you figure out how long it can take.
I sent mine Tuesday last week. Got a mail today saying “Decision envelope has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on vide courier partner. I guess I will b delivered tomorrow or next

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mhozzis(m): 9:21pm On Nov 15, 2021
nairagrounds:
How many years is your program?

1 year (Sep 22 to Nov 23) PP expires is Feb 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 9:21pm On Nov 15, 2021
This is great but for everyone, SP expires 90 days after program completion. Do check your LOI as they put a note as below :

Note: As an international student in Canada, it is your responsibility to ensure that you continue
to meet the conditions of your study permit, including the requirement to actively pursue studies.
Your study permit will automatically become invalid 90 days after you complete your study
program, regardless of the expiry date indicated on your study permit.

Aijay26:
January 2022. Winter . All I can say in this my process. Everything is different. From admission process down to visa, God has been so faithful!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 9:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
These are same documents... however, it is very common to refer to it as LOA. Some schools would give you an offer letter first, request you to pay the initial deposit first before issuing the LOA. LOA is simply a general term for the final admission letter. Read yours to be sure there are no conditions to be met and if so, you are good to go...

All the best

Ikechi12:
Hello all.
Please it is just dawning on me that people use the term 'LOA' instead of admission letter.
I applied using my admission letter, so I want to ask if the admission letter is different from LOA. If yes, how can the LOA be gotten?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hello all,

Please house I need who will help me with good flight(s) to Calgary.
Please when I said good, i mean (cheap, good food, drinks and entertainment)

Who can help with that, pleas help. Is needed urgently. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Orji007: 10:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
Pls how much did u show as POF(living expenses)
EvE11:
Landing gist:
Hi guys. I finally landed in Canada. I’m sharing this because reading other people’s landing gist made mine a lot easier.

So my flight was Air France from Lagos to Paris to Toronto.
Lagos:
Got to the airport quite early past 2pm, didn’t want any stories, my flight was for 11:30pm but the check-in began at 5. Already weight by bags at home, but upon getting to the airport, one guy directed me to a faulty scale, of which I may have paid extra luggage if I didn’t know the weights of my bags . I cleared the bag with the Agricultural section. Paid N2k cos I only had one bag with food items, and received a certificate from them. This cert. didn’t turn out useful in any way.
When boarding I showed my Covid text, ArriveCAN receipt, visa, and admission letter.

Paris.
Flight was delayed till past 12 midnight. In flight meal wasn’t so great. Landed in Paris at 6:30 Nigerian time. Just presented my Covid test, passport and admission letter to the immigration officer in Paris. Had an 8 hours layover and began my next trip at 2:30 pm Nigerian time.

Toronto:
Again, Inflight meal wasn’t so great, plus it seemed like they were hoarding the drinks. So I just had the few snacks I bought earlier. Flight was 8 hours long and tiring. Watched a few movies though.

Upon getting to Canada. You are directed to go to a self-help machine where you scan your passport, give sum info about your stay and duration. And take a photo image of yourself
Then you proceed to the immigration officer who asks for your Covid test and admission letter, this will determine if you will be quarantined or not. I already got double vaccinated, I filled out this info on the arrive-can app, hence I didn’t have to quarantine.
I proceeded next to the next officer where I’m supposed to get my work permit. This is where I spent a bit of time. Obviously, the guy may have had a beef for Nigerians before now, cos immediately I got there I had my passport and the slip generated from the self service machine on his counter, he then requested I gave him my passport and a white paper. Because I wasn’t clear on what paper he wanted exactly, I asked again and he got irritated. He sha went ahead to ask for my acceptance letter, my enrolment letter, evidence of payment, and proof of fund(living expense)
I gave every other thing, but didn’t have my bank statement printed out. I offered to show him my bank balance on my phone, and next thing the guy flared up. He said if I were in Lagos or Abuja, will I show the officials document on my phone, why would I then do it here.... He went on and on about a lot of things, about me giving him attitude and all that. Me that was exhausted from the whole trip.

I apologise and said I was a bit anxious, which he might perceive as me giving him attitude. He eventually saw my bank balance on the phone, converted to CAD, had no other excuse and reluctantly went to print the work permit.

But again before that, he was emphasising how I should not work more than 20 hours and even had to call a colleague to ask why this was not indicated on the letter he was to give me. The college said it didn’t matter. The guy has no choice than to print my letter and stamp my passport.

When he finished I asked where he came from, apparently, the guy is from Benin Republic. He definitely has some beef for nigeria. He mentioned he had been to Lagos and Abuja a couple of times.

To tell you how beefed he was, he had to run after me to give back the slip from the self-service machine, which I needed to hand over upon exit from the airport.

Meanwhile my seat mate on the flight who is also a student had finished and kept calling, but I could not even return his call nor text him, hence he had to leave almost 30 minutes before me.

Hope you find this piece useful.
Thanks guys.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mayordeb: 10:08pm On Nov 15, 2021
Thank you for the advice, I will submit MBS in place of the printed account statement.
Tinakem:

Your case is not tough at all, I think u used poor scanner to scan ur documents cos l didn't see anywhere they mentioned finances in ur application. Pls don't use phone to scan. Gather all the necessary documents and reapply, it will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DemmyDD: 10:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
makano:
Hello Demmy

Below is Nairobi webform
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

Below are the email address of Nairobi, Lagos, London
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca.
nairobi@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Peace
Thanks so much. Much appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mayordeb: 10:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
I will provide MBS in place of print out and uploading of statement of account.
Thank you for your advise, I do appreciate.
PatrickOkunima:

I'm no expert, but I think this is a simple issue. Provide MBS for all accounts.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aissy: 10:24pm On Nov 15, 2021
Good evening everyone
So while me I am patiently waiting for my approval, my aunt wants to sponsor my brother to study in Canada too. But the agent she gave us said my brothers CGP of 3.09 is too low to get a master which I agree then I suggested he gets a PGD from all the information I have gathered on this page instead the agent said he should forge a certificate with a higher grade then use that apply which I strongly oppose to ooh. He said he has done it for plenty people that if my brother wants to go ahead with getting a PGD then he won’t do the visa application for him. Isn’t all this funny my people?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Decluttergirl: 10:28pm On Nov 15, 2021
Teenie19:
sure, I have sent you an email invite.

Hey! Replied your e-mail. Please get back to me whenever you can. I understand you might be busy but I’d appreciate a response sometime soon. smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Johnbravo1994: 10:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
Thank you boss , still need student or graduate from university of British Columbia, although I already have thesis supervisor ...
Please Mr. Osemigho do you advise my to add my college of education and Nigerian law school official transcripts and certificate before submitting my application?

I have just 15days to submit my UBC application

Osemigho:

No. I graduated from the University of Calgary.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
Behold! Your approval is around the corner in Jesus’ name. Mine came exactly a month after passing the medicals.

Ceas0001:
The wait is tiring and exhausting. Since June 5th medicals was requested and updated to pass October 21. Nothing afterwards, few weeks to January. God will intervene in every application, Ameen.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2021
Thanks a million for this information. I hope your preparation for winter is going well.

viviangogos:
I am sure you have gotten first hand info for sending your PP to Lagos.

For the counterfoil, your length of study determines that duration. It is usually additional 3 months upon the expected finish of your program. Even if they paste 2024 there, your LOI will specifically mention that you have 3 months after the expiration of your program irrespective of length of SP. so it is your responsibility to proceed to either apply for your PGWP or extend your studies before applying for the PGWP depending on what you want to do.

See below from LOI sent:
Note: As an international student in Canada, it is your responsibility to ensure that you continue
to meet the conditions of your study permit, including the requirement to actively pursue studies.
Your study permit will automatically become invalid 90 days after you complete your study
program, regardless of the expiry date indicated on your study permit.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi12(m): 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2021
Please don't. Think about the long term consequences.
1. Usually after admission (I can say with certainty for McGill University), your school must directly send a copy of your transcript and certificate to the University. How do you plan to forge that?
2. I know that in the future, he may think of applying for PR, please don't spoil your record.
An agent that suggests so is not even to be trusted. It is obvious that his only concern is his money and not your brother's future. If I were you, I'd be afraid if such person is handling my application sef.

Aissy:
Good evening everyone
So while me I am patiently waiting for my approval, my aunt wants to sponsor my brother to study in Canada too. But the agent she gave us said my brothers CGP of 3.09 is too low to get a master which I agree then I suggested he gets a PGD from all the information I have gathered on this page instead the agent said he should forge a certificate with a higher grade then use that apply which I strongly oppose to ooh. He said he has done it for plenty people that if my brother wants to go ahead with getting a PGD then he won’t do the visa application for him. Isn’t all this funny my people?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 15, 2021
The agent is misleading and can cause your brother a blow not only to his aspiration but also to his career.

First, a CGPA of as low as 3, even some lesser, can secure admission to a Canadian university. It may and indeed not be all universities. Do your research.

Do not engage in document forgery. You risk five years ban or some severe consequences. I don't know how one could be proud of something they did not work for or deserved.

Finally, I’d advise that you do it yourself—the application. That's what the majority of folks on here do. The agent that suggested forgery could use a stolen card for your visa payment, and that's another big headache.

Cheers!

Aissy:
Good evening everyone
So while me I am patiently waiting for my approval, my aunt wants to sponsor my brother to study in Canada too. But the agent she gave us said my brothers CGP of 3.09 is too low to get a master which I agree then I suggested he gets a PGD from all the information I have gathered on this page instead the agent said he should forge a certificate with a higher grade then use that apply which I strongly oppose to ooh. He said he has done it for plenty people that if my brother wants to go ahead with getting a PGD then he won’t do the visa application for him. Isn’t all this funny, my people?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by phummy1821: 10:57pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hello, I am also in this situation. Submitted together with my husband on the 24th of January. After 8 months my husband's application was approved on the 8th of September. I have been waiting since then for my own passport request. I have sent countless emails and webform to them, I send at least 6 emails daily yet nothing. A lady on this thread also had the same experience, her husband's passport request came 3 weeks after.
adeeeeeeeee:
Hello nairaland family, I just found out this forum. Please I have an urgent question.
I submitted my application with my wife (SOWP) application.
Program is fully funded PhD. I submitted NSE requirements (IELTS, and MBS), but my spouse didn't do IELTS .
But we submitted every other necessary documents (marriage certificate with photos, wife's academic certificates, proof of her works). Note that I showed financial capacity to take care of her.
My worries: My study permit has been approved yesterday, but her application is yet to be finalized, I thought both applications should be finalized at the same time?

Can anyone give me an idea why her application is yet to be finalized and how long can we be waiting (submission is 3 months now), I have sent emails to nairobi, but no response. Please, I need your contribution, I really want to travel with her...

Thank you for your wonderful works here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by femside: 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
Diamondakins:
Finally I get to see someone going to this school,
you can send a mail
send me ur mail or whatsapp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 11:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
That's cool n within one week excluding weekends. When are you travelling?
Mikediaye:
I sent mine Tuesday last week. Got a mail today saying “Decision envelope has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on vide courier partner. I guess I will b delivered tomorrow or next
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gift212: 11:22pm On Nov 15, 2021
You, your brother and Aunt should dust your collective slippers and run from this type of agent
Aissy:
Good evening everyone

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aissy: 11:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
Thank you very much
Ikechi12:
1. Usually after admission (I can say with certainty for McGill University), your school must directly send a copy of your transcript and certificate to the University. How do you plan to forge that?
2. I know that in the future, he may think of applying for PR, please don't spoil your record.
An agent that suggests so is not even to be trusted. It is obvious that his only concern is his money and not your brother's future. If I were you, I'd be afraid if such person is handling my application sef.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aissy: 11:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ikechi12:

thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aissy: 11:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
Thank you, I really appreciate
nairagrounds:
The agent is misleading and can cause your brother a blow not only to his aspiration but also to his career.

First, a CGPA of as low as 3, even some lesser, can secure admission to a Canadian university. It may and indeed not be all universities. Do your research.

Do not engage in document forgery. You risk five years ban or some severe consequences. I don't know how one could be proud of something they did not work for or deserved.

Finally, I’d advise that you do it yourself—the application. That's what the majority of folks on here do. The agent that suggested forgery could use a stolen card for your visa payment, and that's another big headache.

Cheers!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Diamondakins: 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2021
Oreoluwaakins255@gmail.com
femside:
send me ur mail or whatsapp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaeul(f): 12:44am On Nov 16, 2021
Is he the only agent in town...better safe that sorry for future purpose
Aissy:
Good evening everyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Raymond2485: 1:04am On Nov 16, 2021
Hello wonderful people, good evening, please i need contact of anyone going to Seneca college anytime soon, 1750, Finch Ave. Toronto.

Will be eager to get a swift response.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikediaye: 1:32am On Nov 16, 2021
eclint:
That's cool n within one week excluding weekends. When are you travelling?
already booked My ticket With EGYPTAIR
on hold. For December 3rd , waiting 4 my stamp passport b4 paying

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 1:58am On Nov 16, 2021
A better phone can still give you a desired picture quality. All you need to do is to download an app called CamScanner. This is what I have been using to scan all my documents and the picture quality have been great.
Best of luck!
buchito1:
So what should he use to scan please?

Cause I'd be submitting soon and wouldn't want to make a mistake too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by cephasjay: 4:11am On Nov 16, 2021
Wisdom7400:
Please I just got admission into Fanshawe college Through my agent but the admission was so quick, not even up to a week cos i was expecting it to take up to 6 weeks so i can gather funds and now the school said I should pay complete first semester (9k) to secure a sit within 30 days or loose the admission. whaaaat!!!!! My program is sept 2022. isn't that too early or too fast? not even $1500 deposit. omo! has anyone experienced this? or should i just send 2k to them?
I just applied to Fanshawe College for the 2022 fall session, I hope that the initial fees deposit for me won't be that high.
I hope to meet more people planning for fall session too smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 4:42am On Nov 16, 2021
cephasjay:

I just applied to Fanshawe College for the 2022 fall session, I hope that the initial fees deposit for me won't be that high.
I hope to meet more people planning for fall session too smiley
Hopefully but you must pay their first semester tuition fee before you resume
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Osemigho: 5:11am On Nov 16, 2021
Johnbravo1994:
do you advise my to add my college of education and Nigerian law school official transcripts and certificate before submitting my application?

I have just 15days to submit my UBC application

That Depends on the program. However, it is generally a plus to have more education with good grades.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (834)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.