Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (820) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (854431 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sinorte: 6:12pm On Jan 22, 2022
Thank you for the detailed explanation. So I'd assume a passport that expires in May 2024 for a 2 year program that commences in Fall 2022 is good to go for PPR later this year?

Ketima:

No valid month of validity of passport to have for PPR. But note that your passport can't be stamped a counterfoil beyond the expiration of your passport. As such that's why one needs to have his/her passport validity way above the duration of his/her studies.

For eg, if the validity of your passport is just 3 months and you used it to apply for visa without submitting a renewed one with longer validity, even if your study is 2yrs or more, the counterfoil on your passport will just have 3 months validity. But in some case, the IRCC sends msg for updated passport so that the fault won't be from them.

So it is adviced that once the validity of your passport is just a year and below and your course is more than one year, Kindly renew and submit to them via webform and email before sending passport for stamping.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GentleBobo: 6:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
Demmy10:
Good day all
I sent a mail to IOM two weeks ago to book for an upfront medicals for late February, 4 days after, they asked for my name, preferred date, visa type and to send the data of my passport. I did that immediately and since then they haven't replied to the details I sent to them, I also sent a mail on Wednesday to let them know they haven't responded to the details I sent to them, they still haven't sent anything. Please what can I do?

It's advisable to call them... That's what I did, after delayed response from them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManlikeDee: 6:28pm On Jan 22, 2022
Medicals is valid for a year right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shogbenga: 6:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ketima:

Hello shogbenga,

Please who is your sposnor? But nevertheless, even if your sponsor is/are your parents, the will need to show that the have enough money to pay for your 2nd Tuition+10,000 living expenses and also prove that they have enough to care for your other siblings. Same goes to third party sponsor, he must prove that the money he/set aside for your studies won't be the same money he/she will use in taking care of his/her children.

So in summary, depending on your Tuition, Sponsor needs to show enough fund for the 2nd year. That's tuition fee(for 2nd year) +10,000 living expenses. So calculate your tuition plus living expenses and convert it to naira.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Demmy10: 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Demmy10: 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2022
GentleBobo:

It's advisable to call them... That's what I did, after delayed response from them.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by saucekid50: 7:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
please how can I use barter by flutterwave to pay admission fee?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hazel222: 7:24pm On Jan 22, 2022
I need responses oooo @makano @frankrobbin @keitiema
hazel222:
Good afternoon everyone.
A quick one!
Having B.A (hons) in English (2:2) and Applying for a Post graduate certificate in Public Relations at mohawk College since most Canadian universities don't accept (2:2) for masters, is there an academic progression in this?

Please l need Your Swift responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2022
Congratulations AbolajiBadmus.
May the land of Canada favour you.

AbolajiBadmus:
It’s PPR guys����. Allihamdulilah

Application submitted 22nd October,2021
Biometrics 27th October,2021
Upfront medicals 17th January,2022
Medical passed 20th January,2022
PPR and BVL 21st January,2022
Exactly 3 months after…

Please can someone put me through on how to send my passport. I pray we all get the desired PPR on this platform�

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 8:21pm On Jan 22, 2022
Congratulations Donkunzman

donkunzman:
Hi Guys,

Just got PPR.

Submitted application on Oct. 27
Medical request on Jan. 6
Medicals on Jan. 13

Will post more details later.

Thanks everyone for your contributions that gave me heart attack because I submitted my application before finding this page - I thought my submission was not sufficient. Lol.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2022
Big Congratulations to you.

Agunnaya01:
God is Great!!!!!
1st time applicant..
Will give full timeline shortly...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Semtu(m): 8:38pm On Jan 22, 2022
Please those dropping PPR timeline should also state whether they applied via the new or old portal. So we can learn one or two things about the new portal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by canada2022: 8:42pm On Jan 22, 2022
Semtu:
Please those dropping PPR timeline should also state whether they applied via the new or old portal. So we can learn one or two things about the new portal.

Please which one is new and old portal

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2022
hazel222:
I need responses oooo @makano @frankrobbin @keitiema

Hello Hazel222,

From the little I know, after completing B.A.(Hons) English, students can go for careers in media & advertising, writing & publishing, journalism, public relations, content writing, creative writing, teaching, and or in academia.

So with properly written outlined PURPOSE OF VISIT and WHY PUBLIC RELATIONS, you're good to go.

Lekiboboe, please Kindly do justice to this when you're online and help hazel. This is your specialty grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2022
Congratulations.

Residentourist:
Join me in celebrating God's faithfulness because what he cannot do indeed does not exist!!!
SOWP and study visa applications approved same day!!!

My husband's  SOWP and my 11year old son study permit got approved after the 3rd attempt.
First attempt 2016 we all applied as a family and were all bounced on purpose of visit and home ties. After I got my study permit approved in June 2021 we reapplied  on
11 July 2021 - visitors visa for hubby and study permit for kids
Refused 29th September

Reapplied October 29 before the GCMS notes came because it was delayed.
Medical for my husband November 15 ( my son had done his medicals earlier)
Medical passed November 22
GCMS notes finally came in late November- December 2021 (applied for hubby and the kids and they all came at different dates, one even came in the middle of December) GCMS notes showed the VO was concerned about the cost implications of running 2 homes and home ties.
Luckily all those concerns had been adequately tackled in the SOP during reapplication.
In the course of waiting a friend who had also applied for study permit for her kids decided to try out the new IRCC portal and got her kids visitor visa approved in 7days so we decided to give it a try too. Visitor visa application was done on the 19th of December 2021...then another round of waiting commenced.
Eligibility 20/01/2022 (noticed my son's medical was passed on that date)

PPRs January 21, 2022!!!

Documents submitted
All relevant IMM forms
Bank statements
Title Documents of properties
Investment certificates
Pension Documents
Letter of employment and promotions
Letter of introduction from employer
Payslips
Receipt of my school fees
My study permit and my kids visitors records
Int'l passports
SOP
Letter of introduction from me.
We wrote to CIC twice and filled out webform once last week and most of the messages were not even delivered. Letter to MP has also not been acknowledged
This can only be God!

@lianna2020 @bukky @frankrobbn Thank you for being amazing!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hazel222: 9:07pm On Jan 22, 2022
Sincèrely appreciate man.
Ketima:

Hello Hazel222,

From the little I know, after completing B.A.(Hons) English, students can go for careers in media & advertising, writing & publishing, journalism, public relations, content writing, creative writing, teaching, and or in academia.

So with properly written outlined PURPOSE OF VISIT and WHY PUBLIC RELATIONS, you're good to go.

Lekiboboe, please Kindly do justice to this when you're online and help hazel. This is your specialty grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dangervu(m): 9:12pm On Jan 22, 2022
sinorte:
Thank you for the detailed explanation. So I'd assume a passport that expires in May 2024 for a 2 year program that commences in Fall 2022 is good to go for PPR later this year?

i am not sure this is true,they mostly don't look at validity of your passport, the give your two years straight and your permit can bee transfered later...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emilo(m): 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2022
Dear alll,

Someone said IRCC considers age for student visa application. Is it true? considering my wife is about to apply and she is 38 years old and we are applying for diploma study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jellos: 9:19pm On Jan 22, 2022
Emilo:
Dear alll,

Someone said IRCC considers age for student visa application. Is it true? considering my wife is about to apply and she is 38 years old and we are applying for diploma study?
False
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 9:29pm On Jan 22, 2022
dangervu:

i am not sure this is true,they mostly don't look at validity of your passport, the give your two years straight and your permit can bee transfered later...

Hello Dangervu, the bolded is false. The can't stamp your passport beyond its expiration date. And not everyone gets 2 years validity stamped on their passports straight away.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Drezinc(m): 9:47pm On Jan 22, 2022
Emilo:
Dear alll,

Dear Emilo,

That's not true. We have read testimonies of people over 40 years on this thread. Ignore "someone say" , proceed with your application and hand it over God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by canada2022: 10:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
Papapa1234:
Please Polaris bank said they do not know what MBS is??

what specific details do I need to explain to them..?

I doubt this. Maybe you didn't hear them well. Polaris bank issue MBS steady
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sinorte: 10:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
Sir, sorry for bothering you. I'm just trying to learn at your feet smiley. Are you saying even if a program is two years, they may not stamp the two years at a go? If that's the case, how would the 'balance visa' (pardon my language) be treated?

Ketima:

Hello Dangervu, the bolded is false. The can't stamp your passport beyond its expiration date. And not everyone gets 2 years validity stamped on their passports straight away.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Holarjoseph: 10:05pm On Jan 22, 2022
Please can anyone tell me those documents that should be taken along with me when traveling �?

I heard ircc do send letter of introduction after passport has been stamped and must be taken when traveling.....I don't get this please explain to me�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
Hello Emilo

If you have been following this thread, you would have seen applicants of over 40years getting their Visas..

From my own personal research from other sources, I have seen a 60 year old woman getting her study permit Visa...

Just make sure you convince the Visa officers of the reasons why you are going for the proposed course of study and how it will benefit you on your return back to your home country..

If the Visa officer is really convinced of your reasons, then your Visa is guaranteed..

Peace
Emilo:
Dear alll,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by afrischolars1: 10:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
You want to know the REAL reason why many Canadian study visa applications from Nigeria (about 88%) are refused by IRCC? Listen to this Canadian immigration podcast. It's revealing:

https://soundcloud.com/borderlinespodcast/67-is-ircc-systemically-biased-against-people-from-africa-with-gideon-christian?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:20pm On Jan 22, 2022
sinorte:
Sir, sorry for bothering you. I'm just trying to learn at your feet smiley. Are you saying even if a program is two years, they may not stamp the two years at a go? If that's the case, how would the 'balance visa' (pardon my language) be treated?

I was only countering him. All I said is, if your study is 2years and you have only 3months validity in your passport, then the validity of your counterfoil on your passport won't exceed the 3 months validity of your passport. That means if you're for fall term and you get your PPR around January and your passport will expire in April, and with the new IRCC rule cos of COVID-19 that you're only to come into Canada a month to your class resumption. Even if you like let your study be for 10years, your stamped visa won't exceed April meaning even before you will think of coming to Canada, your counterfoil (TRV) will expire.

Mind you, what you have on your passport isnt your study permit, but just visa to enter the country which Means that you must enter Canada before your counterfoil expires..

So don't put yourself in tight corner. Always renew if you don't have enough validity on your passport

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
Drezinc:

Dear Emilo,

That's not true. We have read testimonies of people over 40 years on this thread. Ignore "someone say" , proceed with your application and hand it over God.

In addition, I have seen a 62year old Brazilian get PPR for Masters

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by canada2022: 10:26pm On Jan 22, 2022
Papapa1234:
Please Polaris bank said they do not know what MBS is??

what specific details do I need to explain to them..?

i sent you a mail regarding the MBS, please respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jayifeanyi1234: 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2022
My got approved @41...God is faithful!

Emilo:
Dear alll,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 10:59pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ishola049:
Good morning House
Please I will need help for my sister going to Toronto she need accommodation anybody that can link me to how we can get accommodation for her.
Sheridan College brampton toronto.
Kindly assist.
Thanks.

Kindly inbox me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lanrejacobcfe: 11:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ist time Applicant,
What GOD cannot do does not exist ����

This is a dream come through.
I joined this platform after my application submission
But this platform has serve as encouragement to me.
Reading people's testimonies gave me hope i had to start inviting people with issues to go and read related news and assured them of solution with the help and huge support from our almighty GURU's i cant mention names but they know themselves. God will meet your guys at point of your needs. you are making us happy and giving us hope.....

GLORY TO GOD.

Application submitted: July 18
Biometrics done and updated: July 23rd
Medicals Request: October 28th
Medicals passed: November 18th and the suspense started. i started checking mails and logging in to check may be mail didnt drop because of phone network.
Correspondence Letter: January 17
PPR: January 17

Action Item
I check this platforms every hour to see new things posted.... Guys let me advise you if i had known that sending Web forms and mails would make them attend to my request i would have done that instead of me waiting..... i got a link on the platform and sent mails... Though lagos was rude but Abuja and Nairobi were really responding and i got feedback from the webform i raised. But finally it ended in Praise.
The day i got the PPR Alert Abuja also alerted me that i have an update so i should log in. this is an indication that they also follow up.

for those still expecting PPR Alert God of possibilities will step in for you.

*IRCC FORMS*
1. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E),
2. Family Information form (IMM5645E)
3. Temporary Resident form (IMM5257E)

*Applicants personal and sponsor's documents*
1. Copy of Applicant’s Family Members Birth certificates.
2. Letter of Admission.
3. Tuition deposit receipt (from the University)
4. Copy of Applicant's Birth Certificate,
5. Copy of Police Character Certificate
6. confirmation of seat from the school
7. Copy of Applicant’s International Passport Bio data page,
8. My Land docs
9. Statement of Purpose
10. Intl Passport
11. Degree certificate
12. Transcripts
13. Letter of SPONSORSHIP with affidavit
14. Affidavit to confirm i'm sponsoring my self
15. MBS - ZENITH BANK 9M and 2,500 USD
16. Reference letter from the bank
17. WES
18. Employment letter
19. Letter of Introduction from last employer.
20. IELTS
21. 4 MONTHS PAYSLIP from my Company
22.Work ID card
23. My CV
24. last promotion and salary review letter showing my Annual CTC

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.