Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

The 10commandments And Law Of Moses, Are They The Same Law? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 10commandments And Law Of Moses, Are They The Same Law? (3012 Views)

Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ / It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / Powerfull Spiritual Command with six and seven books of moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 10commandments And Law Of Moses, Are They The Same Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:51am On Sep 08, 2021
blueAgent:

See story telling.
Pure human reasoning, nothing divine.
You think Jesus kept the 10commandments so you would not keep them?
Than ask yourself why Jesus instructed us to obey the 10commandments to gain eternal life, Jesus instructed us to teach and obey the commandments.
Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Luke 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God. 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
God's word says the entire duty of man not Jesus duty is to obey the commandments of God.
Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. Obeying the 10commandments is our proof of our love to God and our neighbours so said Jesus. I guess Jesus would show love to God on our behalf too? JW are misleading people to Hell. Colossians 2:22 Which all are to perish with the usingwink after the commandments and doctrines of men?

Now i know your problem it's the word "Commandments"
But let me enlighten you!
Commandments doesn't literally means the laws God gave the Israelites as a Covenant between God and that nation. It simply means the principles and standards set to help build a lasting relationship between two persons or peoples!
For instance God's word said:

My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: Proverbs 1:8

Now see the meaning of Commandment:

©A divinely ordained command, especially one of the Ten Commandments.

©Something that must be obeyed; a command or edict.

©The act of commanding; exercise of authority.

©The offence of commanding or inducing another to violate the law.

So when God's word says "Commandments" it encompasses all the instructions God gave His people from Genesis to Revelation. And since Jesus' sacrificial death the laws God set as a bond between the nation of Israel and Himself is no more as the nation kept breaking that covenant. So it's the new covenant that stands as a connection between God and His people today not the old laws! Romans 10:4

Jesus kept those laws as a Jew until He finally accomplished his earthly mission!

For instance, the Jews must present themselves before their God every Sabbath day but after Jesus' death and resurrection he never entered the temple or any synagogue again. WHY because the law (Commandment) that's say so is tied to the old Covenant which has been abolished after the death of Jesus! smiley
Re: The 10commandments And Law Of Moses, Are They The Same Law? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:55am On Sep 08, 2021
blueAgent:

There is no point responding to your comment, your arguments lacks merit and direction.

Of course it is impossible to say anything when you are caught committing a crime.
Re: The 10commandments And Law Of Moses, Are They The Same Law? by blueAgent(m): 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Now i know your problem it's the word "Commandments"
But let me enlighten you!
Commandments doesn't literally means the laws God gave the Israelites as a Covenant between God and that nation. It simply means the principles and standards set to help build a lasting relationship between two persons or peoples!
For instance God's word said:

My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: Proverbs 1:8

Now see the meaning of Commandment:

©A divinely ordained command, especially one of the Ten Commandments.

©Something that must be obeyed; a command or edict.

©The act of commanding; exercise of authority.

©The offence of commanding or inducing another to violate the law.

So when God's word says "Commandments" it encompasses all the instructions God gave His people from Genesis to Revelation. And since Jesus' sacrificial death the laws God set as a bond between the nation of Israel and Himself is no more as the nation kept breaking that covenant. So it's the new covenant that stands as a connection between God and His people today not the old laws! Romans 10:4

Jesus kept those laws as a Jew until He finally accomplished his earthly mission!

For instance, the Jews must present themselves before their God every Sabbath day but after Jesus' death and resurrection he never entered the temple or any synagogue again. WHY because the law (Commandment) that's say so is tied to the old Covenant which has been abolished after the death of Jesus! smiley

The word commandement can mean any of the instructions or law given by God to man.
But if you read in context of what is written or said in a particular verse you would find the commandments been referred to.

This examples are obvious that they are referring to the 10commandments.

Only an dishonest person would claim the 10commandments is not the same with the command to Love ones neighbour and God.

Romans 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Apostle Paul is telling us to obey the 10commandments as evidence of our love to God and our neighbours.

It's obvious Paul does not believe that 10commandments was abolished, so only you and JW, know were you got your lies from.

1 John 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
1 John 4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

The 10commandments prohibit Sin, it is the only set of laws in the entire Bible that describes what God forbids as sin.

Secondly which commandments is given to man that can honour God more than the 10commandments?

Which commandments can make one wise and holy other than the 10commandments?

Please answer this question.

Keep deceiving yourself ,even in the New convenant the law still exist and it is written in our hearts.

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my LAWS into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

I guess it is the laws of JW or Nigeria that God says he would write in our hearts?

The commandments for the Jews to present themselves every Sabbath was contained in the laws of Moses. Mind you the Sabbath referred to here is the feast and cremional sabbaths and not the weekly Sabbath.

The question is, in the 10commandments is there any instructions for the Jews to carryout feasts and sacrifices?

1 Like

Re: The 10commandments And Law Of Moses, Are They The Same Law? by blueAgent(m): 9:31pm On Sep 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So atheists don't join in killing people during political struggles or ethnic clashes or interracial wars, shey?
Well you know what is right but stubbornness is rendering you blind towards healthful teaching so continue deceiving yourself! cheesy

Keep deceiving yourself God's word is more important than your false teachings.

God says the only people he recognises is those who keep his commandments.

The truth is that anyone who keeps the commandments of God would naturally be in good relationship with man and God.
As the way to loving God and ones neighbour is to keep the 10commandments.

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

1 Like

Re: The 10commandments And Law Of Moses, Are They The Same Law? by blueAgent(m): 9:41pm On Sep 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So atheists don't join in killing people during political struggles or ethnic clashes or interracial wars, shey?
Well you know what is right but stubbornness is rendering you blind towards healthful teaching so continue deceiving yourself! cheesy

There are Atheist and freethinkers who are advocates of peace.
Re: The 10commandments And Law Of Moses, Are They The Same Law? by blueAgent(m): 9:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
There are two major Gods that's demanding worship from humans, one doesn't bother anyhow people choose to worship him as long as you feel like worshipping and you cherry pick the standard that suits you, even when you switch lanes from one form of worship to another on daily basis he is OK.
The other is strict with His own principles, He wants to help so He started by introducing Himself then He placed a mirror in the face of anyone who wants to be his friend (Mosaic Laws) after which He introduced the one and only model that's best in His sight.
The mirror (laws or commandments) are to make each sinner see how dirty he looks so as to know the areas they will work on to look good before the true God but at the introduction of the model (Jesus Christ) nobody needs the mirror (laws) anymore, what each person needs now is to keep looking at the role model and try to be just like him since the one giving the pass mark said Jesus got everything perfectly!
So if some people are still dragging the mirror with themselves all what an intelligent person will ask is "where are those who have been dressed well, let's see how far they're able to look like the model?" but insisting on looking at the mirror will continue to complicate issues as many are still dragging it without been able to present themselves for the exhibition! smiley

Jesus instructed us to obey the 10commandments just as he did.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Stop lieing that Jesus kept the 10commandments so that we would be free from it.

Here are Bible verses that shows that we need to obey the 10commandments just like Jesus did.

The apostle John said: "Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, 'I know Him,' and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked" (1 John 2:3-6).

Even the apostle Paul, who is most often cited by those attempting to do away with God's law, himself refuted this erroneous idea, saying, "Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ" (1 Corinthians 11:1)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Happened To Striktlymi? / OPINION: “Nice” Is Overrated. / It Is A Sin For A Couple Who Is Only Married Traditionally To Have Sex- Abuja Pa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.