Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1183621 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 1:34am On Jan 20, 2022
unclepopo2:
hi, is there anyone who does delivery from nigeria to uk .. thank you

I do. From Lagos. Kindly send Dm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 4:10am On Jan 20, 2022
Biko
Anyone with feedback/review on moneybox savings and investment app?

Before I put two legs in
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by contra(m): 5:10am On Jan 20, 2022
There are new stuff on Facebook marketplace. I bought one mattress there brand new.

wallg123:

No Facebook marketplace no good for that kind thing. How person go buy second hand mattress + bedbugs and body fluid ?
Let him go to store and feel/ test the mattress

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by contra(m): 5:11am On Jan 20, 2022
No personal experience but I know someone and he has only positive comments.

canadaishome:
Biko
Anyone with feedback/review on moneybox savings and investment app?

Before I put two legs in
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 5:36am On Jan 20, 2022
contra:
No personal experience but I know someone and he has only positive comments.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dumebi213: 6:26am On Jan 20, 2022
Good morning everyone, is there anyone that has renewed their passport recently in London, what's the situation like now?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Afmaag123: 8:07am On Jan 20, 2022
Good Morning good people. Please how can one send pounds from UK to a naija pounds account?
Please assist.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:13am On Jan 20, 2022
Afmaag123:
Good Morning good people. Please how can one send pounds from UK to a naija pounds account?
Please assist.

You have a £ account in Nigeria ?.....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 8:24am On Jan 20, 2022
If you use mattress protector, your mattress will still look like new one even after years. All fluid and heat will be on the protector. Asda has one for I think £8 or £12, I can’t remember. I got mine from the company I bought my mattress from and if I am to sell my mattress or that of my child any day, could sell it as fairly used mattress or even lie and say less than 6months mattress. The protector protects from liquid and is washable. Top is like towel and under like nylon.

Also someone can use vacuum for mattress just like they use for sofa. And it will become clean and close to new, even after the person might have used for years. Most hotels do this. they use mattress protector as well, and they only have to change or wash the protector when it’s dirty.

For the person that said my explanation them de too long please do the word count on this and let me know. If this one still long, then maybe nairaland no be for me cos I can’t not be giving my country people incomplete gist. grin

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 8:41am On Jan 20, 2022
Chreze:
If you use mattress protector, your mattress will still look like new one even after years. All fluid and heat will be on the protector. Asda has one for I think £8 or £12, I can’t remember. I got mine from the company I bought my mattress from and if I am to sell my mattress or that of my child any day, could sell it as fairly used mattress or even lie and say less than 6months mattress. The protector protects from liquid and is washable. Top is like towel and under like nylon.

Also someone can use vacuum for mattress just like they use for sofa. And it will become clean and close to new, even after the person might have used for years. Most hotels do this. they use mattress protector as well, and they only have to change or wash the protector when it’s dirty.

For the person that said my explanation them de too long please do the word count on this and let me know. If this one still long, then maybe nairaland no be for me cos I can’t not be giving my country people incomplete gist. grin

If Nairaland is not for you, in Mummy G. O's Head fire straight.

Na joke ooooooh

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 8:43am On Jan 20, 2022
Chreze:

Na your way, Mr Shalaye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Afmaag123: 9:16am On Jan 20, 2022
Yes.
Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 9:23am On Jan 20, 2022
Afmaag123:
Please assist.

Simply make a transfer using your Nigerian domiciliary account details (correspondent bank, IBAN, ultimate beneficiary bank and name, etc.). You should be able to find the international transfer option in your UK bank's app/internet banking platform.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Afmaag123: 9:47am On Jan 20, 2022
From UK to Nigeria not the other way round.
TheGuyFromHR:

Simply make a transfer using your Nigerian domiciliary account details (correspondent bank, IBAN, ultimate beneficiary bank and name, etc.). You should be able to find the international transfer option in your UK bank's app/internet banking platform.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by oluayebenz: 9:53am On Jan 20, 2022
Chreze:

I hope you are not talkative in real life grin grin >: grin

No be me talk ham o

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lawali: 10:00am On Jan 20, 2022
icon8:

Na your way, Mr Shalaye

Me dey enjoy the alaye. @chreze, you can loud the speaker if you want cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 10:11am On Jan 20, 2022
dustydee:

Not necessarily. We didn't have washing machine in our last house. We had to buy one and a fridge because the fridge there was antiquated.

The price we pay as immigrants smiley .... we just take and manage things other won't.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 10:20am On Jan 20, 2022
icon8:

Na your way, Mr Shalaye

grin yesterday Someone said everything na for cruise. so make we de laff with am. No need to take anything serious. grin

But how come you are up so early? I think say all of una get work?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 10:24am On Jan 20, 2022
Pearlyfaze:

If Nairaland is not for you, in Mummy G. O's Head fire straight.

Na joke ooooooh

grin Mummy G O de enjoy for Dubai, I am sure when she goes back to Naija she no go de preach those things again. Her style suppose change
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 10:24am On Jan 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I do too. I have tried to transfer from most of the legacy banks that allow International transfers but not been lucky.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 10:31am On Jan 20, 2022
oluayebenz:

No be me talk ham o

To be fair, I don’t know how to make friends. So the old ones know say na 30mins on call. I just like to gist and my wife is not helping matters. When she come she go gist me all the thing wey happen from when she enter bus to who de clean window and how she take miss bus.

We de enjoy am over here…. grin

11 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 10:32am On Jan 20, 2022
lawali:

Me dey enjoy the alaye. @chreze, you can loud the speaker if you want cheesy

Na you go pursue me for nairaland be that.

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 10:36am On Jan 20, 2022
LagosismyHome:

The price we pay as immigrants smiley .... we just take and manage things other won't.

It’s getting worse, e get one wey I check last year wey no get anything for kitchen. As in nothing. No cooker, no microwave, no fridge. I think some landlords are taking advantage of the high need to just do anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:48am On Jan 20, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

I do too. I have tried to transfer from most of the legacy banks that allow International transfers but not been lucky.

My rhetorical question goes again ........... You have a £ account in Nigeria.............. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 10:51am On Jan 20, 2022
Chreze:

It’s getting worse, e get one wey I check last year wey no get anything for kitchen. As in nothing. No cooker, no microwave, no fridge. I think some landlords are taking advantage of the high need to just do anyhow.
my story be that. Because of the desperation, I have to take it. So far I see where to put head with the entire family. na only cooker dem put and Heater.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 10:51am On Jan 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:

My rhetorical question goes again ........... You have a £ account in Nigeria.............. cheesy

I see cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:59am On Jan 20, 2022
Do fully vaccinated people from Nigeria require a predepature covid test still?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 11:04am On Jan 20, 2022
mex551:
my story be that. Because of the desperation, I have to take it. So far I see where to put head with the entire family. na only cooker dem put and Heater.

Eya. I feel you. Me no take am cos I no get money to buy all those things. I waited and was lucky to get a very good apartment with everything.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:12am On Jan 20, 2022
Chreze:

eBay, charity shops and gumtree, would plug you nicely..........

It's actually a good idea to have fully unfurnished, the landlord saves a headache, the tenant would not abuse white goods (if they go wrong, you assume responsibility).........

In Nigeria, how many homes comes fully furnished........ cheesy grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 11:20am On Jan 20, 2022
oluayebenz:

No be me talk ham o

Res ipsa loquitur cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 11:37am On Jan 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:

eBay, charity shops and gumtree, would plug you nicely..........

It's actually a good idea to have fully unfurnished, the landlord saves a headache, the tenant would not abuse white goods (if they go wrong, you assume responsibility).........

In Nigeria, how many homes comes fully furnished........ cheesy grin

That’s why some people stay 10yrs in a particular house in Naija. When you think of how to move your property, you go just close eye give the landlord the 25% increase.

I for write more, but I am keeping my response short. grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 11:39am On Jan 20, 2022
LagosismyHome:

We didn't know it was standard to have white goods in an unfurnished house. When we complained about the fridge and wanted to buy ours, the agency told us to throwaway the other one, that's how antiquated it was. We didn't because we didn't want stories at the end of our tenancy and also didn't want all that work taking it to the tip so we kept it in the shed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.