Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1183580 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 11:46am On Jan 20, 2022

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olinga(f): 11:53am On Jan 20, 2022
If someone that has Tier 4 visa dies will their dependents go back?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 20, 2022
Chreze:

It’s getting worse, e get one wey I check last year wey no get anything for kitchen. As in nothing. No cooker, no microwave, no fridge. I think some landlords are taking advantage of the high need to just do anyhow.

Houses is something else. There was a house I saw in this UK bathroom and Toilet dey inside bedroom/living room with kitchen. Like seriously.

Some na chair be your bed.some just empty. Na God go help person.

I wish people could talk to others about coming to the UK with their family and why they need to plan before coming.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2022
Aprokodaughter:

Houses is something else. There was a house I saw in this UK bathroom and Toilet dey inside bedroom/living room with kitchen. Like seriously.

I wish people could talk to others about coming to the UK with their family and why they need to plan before coming.

We no go still hear. If you tell me say vampire de eat people wey come with family. Then I no go come. Otherwise, I am coming with my team. I can never cover bills for two places. grin

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2022
icon8:

Res ipsa loquitur cheesy

@oluayebenz no be you talk am, na icon8 talk am. I see when e de whisper the thing for your ear. E con come here de speak Latin for English forum to deceive us.

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:32pm On Jan 20, 2022
Aprokodaughter:

If you tell them, they would simply think you're discouraging them from relocating........... tongue

This thread should offer a screenshot of expectations, if they don't gerrit....... We cannot help ................... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 12:45pm On Jan 20, 2022
LagosismyHome:

The price we pay as immigrants smiley .... we just take and manage things other won't.
Is there a regulation that a house to let must have fridge and washing maching? Otherwise don't victimise yourself, it is not an immigrant issue. The landlord has advertised his house the way it is, it is left for you to rent it or continue your search. At least in the advert they didn't specify 'immigrants only'. Before I paid for mine, he specifically told me no fridge and washing machine.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 1:07pm On Jan 20, 2022
Olinga:

Murder is a crime.

I don't know the answer to your question sorry

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 1:16pm On Jan 20, 2022
Olinga:
This your thinking sha, if the person is dead, say so. If not, let us pray and hope it doesn't happen.

Just like a salary earner planning monthly budget con set aside money for burial in case person die. Whick kind evil budget be that.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Munamoqel: 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2022
Aprokodaughter:

na wah this agejunle design of houses Nah .it seem the uk is not the the Paradise must Nigerians fasly assume it is .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2022
umarwy:

Murder is a crime.

This is very funny cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by amanze54: 1:42pm On Jan 20, 2022
@mamatukwas I have 4,700 pound for sale, kindly respond when you see my chat
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ahappygirl: 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2022
I have naira to sell at 770. Anyone has pounds to give?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ahappygirl: 1:55pm On Jan 20, 2022
I need some pounds. What's your rate?

amanze54:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 2:03pm On Jan 20, 2022
Afmaag123:
From UK to Nigeria not the other way round.

If you read carefully, you will see that was what the statement referred to.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 2:04pm On Jan 20, 2022
umarwy:

Murder is a crime.

Hilarious.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rhennykay: 2:04pm On Jan 20, 2022
umarwy:

Murder is a crime.

What a reply smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by amanze54: 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ahappygirl:
I need some pounds. What's your rate?

Hi
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:
[/b]

If you tell them, they would simply think you're discouraging them from relocating........... tongue

This thread should offer a screenshot of expectations, if they don't gerrit....... We cannot help ................... grin

Seriously, when I saw the house I was just laughing because if na Nigeria we for don dey swear for Landlord.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2022
Viruses:

Is there a regulation that a house to let must have fridge and washing maching? Otherwise don't victimise yourself, it is not an immigrant issue. The landlord has advertised his house the way it is, it is left for you to rent it or continue your search. At least in the advert they didn't specify 'immigrants only'. Before I paid for mine, he specifically told me no fridge and washing machine.

True
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by oluayebenz: 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2022
icon8:

Res ipsa loquitur cheesy

Icon8 is now something else o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by oluayebenz: 3:00pm On Jan 20, 2022
Chreze:

To be fair, I don’t know how to make friends. So the old ones know say na 30mins on call. I just like to gist and my wife is not helping matters. When she come she go gist me all the thing wey happen from when she enter bus to who de clean window and how she take miss bus.

We de enjoy am over here…. grin

So wifey na d oga untop this matter grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 3:18pm On Jan 20, 2022
amanze54:

Seen. DM let’s transact.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 3:39pm On Jan 20, 2022
Viruses:

I am not victimising myself ....

A lot of immigrants are just coming and have limited options for various reasons hence why some landlords are able to rent rubbish and get away with it ...... 10 to 15 years down the line when they have settled , ask that person if the person can rent that exact same house and there goes your answer.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 3:51pm On Jan 20, 2022
Olinga:

I checked this as it happened to a friend but this was many years ago so rules might have checked so check gov website

Sadly when I checked there are no provisions for a Tier 2 or Tier 4 if the main holder dies than to go back . I saw during Covid time that if its key worker and its covid then ILR will be granted . Dont know if it still in place but I saw it

Apart from covid exception , its only ILR and British that I think their spouse are given ILR if they pass on

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by amanze54: 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Seen. DM let’s transact.
I have DM you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olinga(f): 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2022
umarwy:

Murder is a crime.

Wow good of you to think that far oh. It is well with you. Hehehe

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olinga(f): 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2022
Thank you very much I appreciate

LagosismyHome:

I checked this as it happened to a friend but this was many years ago so rules might have been checked so check gov website

Sadly when I checked there are no provisions for a Tier 2 or Tier 4 if the main holder dies than to go back . I saw during Covid time that if its key worker and its covid then ILR will be granted . Dont know if it still in place but I saw it

Apart from covid exception , its only ILR and British that I think their spouse are given ILR if they pass on
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olinga(f): 4:20pm On Jan 20, 2022
Viruses:

This your thinking sha, if the person is dead, say so. If not, let us pray and hope it doesn't happen.

Just like a salary earner planning monthly budget con set aside money for burial in case person die. Whick kind evil budget be that.

Wahala ohk sir
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2022
ukay2:

Download Kyshi......someone mentioned it here and I used it.

Very good as you see different rates and you choose the one you want.

The owner of that app try oo grin grin grin

Why does a money exchange/trasnfer app require BVN? I signed up, got to the BVN stage and was a bit stunned. Moreso, they say they're FCA regulated, I couldn't find the number on their website on the FCA register. Has anyone been able to verify this people?
One has to be quite careful because even if the Kyish itself is all above board, if they aren't under any proper regulatory authority, there's no real assurance of the security of the data they collect.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 4:57pm On Jan 20, 2022
Chreze:

To be fair, I don’t know how to make friends. So the old ones know say na 30mins on call. I just like to gist and my wife is not helping matters. When she come she go gist me all the thing wey happen from when she enter bus to who de clean window and how she take miss bus.

We de enjoy am over here…. grin

smiley cheesy grin I trust there never a dull moment i your house

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 5:17pm On Jan 20, 2022
kode12:

Why does a money exchange/trasnfer app require BVN? I signed up, got to the BVN stage and was a bit stunned. Moreso, they say they're FCA regulated, I couldn't find the number on their website on the FCA register. Has anyone been able to verify this people?
One has to be quite careful because even if the Kyish itself is all above board, if they aren't under any proper regulatory authority, there's no real assurance of the security of the data they collect.

Hmmmm

I don't know again oo
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.