Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1179531 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 10:02pm On Jan 20, 2022
fatima04:

It's soo annoying oo and hope it doesn't backfire in the nearest future. I don't trust UKVI for anything. Meanwhile the true shortage exists in domiciliary care and they are the major ones I see offering sponsorship right now. If you claim you are Lewis Hamilton and drive a car, its sponsorship straight up.
Regarding the courses, NVQ is health care can help but honestly I feel driving skill tips the application in your favour.

Please can you share known firms that offers this sponsorship?

Thanks

Edits

1. https://www.simplyhired.co.uk/search?q=sponsorship+home+care+job+tier+2+visa+uk

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rollitout: 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2022
amanze54:
@mamatukwas I have 4,700 pound for sale, kindly respond when you see my chat

I need some pounds, what is your rate?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2022
missjekyll:
[b]When we say bathroom/toilet/kitchen/ bedroom in the same space, [/b]are we referring to a Studio flat? What Nigerians call a Self contained apartment?
Because I live in a studio currently and love it.

I do not mind Chreze's posts. They can be quite informative. When you say they are long, that doesn't bother me as nairaland is not charged per page and I ve got a scroll button. * shrugs *

When nature calls you answer in your living room so if you have a guest in your livingroom you answer right there no private something smiley now you get lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by advanceDNA: 10:14pm On Jan 20, 2022
rollykotex:

Thank you so much

Hope u use the dryer for your clothes
As in... hope you don’t spread clothes inside after washing
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 10:19pm On Jan 20, 2022
rollykotex:
Hi everyone! I don’t know if this has been discussed earlier here, because it’s been a while I came in here. I have a very big issue with mold in my house. Been cleaning and cleaning but it keeps coming back darker, bigger and scarier. I had to complain to the leasing agent and the landlord’s contact was sent to me. He handles all the repairs in his house.
This man keeps saying I should clean and open the windows but this isn’t working. I keep opening the windows despite this extremely cold weather but the molds keep getting bigger. My kitchen entirely turned black and I have to scrub the Walls every 2 weeks.
I signed a one year contract and I’ve just spent 4 months. In fact getting a house in Wales, Swansea to be precise is like hitting a million pounds jackpot so moving out is not even an option now.
Kindly advise on how to deal with the molds of you have ever being in my shoes .
I’m so particular about it because I have 2 children ages 2 and 4 and I heard inhaling it over time could cause respiratory issues especially in children and elderly.
I’m so sorry for my long post. Good evening!

You need to tackle the source of mold. In the meantime, buy a dehumidifier to take out the excess moisture in your house. Brand new ones are about £200 or you could pick up a fairly used one from Facebook.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by donald197: 11:06pm On Jan 20, 2022
Pls as someone on dependent visa, can I sponsor my mother to come on visiting visa?

Then is it true children born by non citizen must spend their first 7 years without stepping out of UK before they can get ILR/Citizenship?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 11:22pm On Jan 20, 2022
Follow the advise by others to get to the root of the problem but in the main time get this from the shop it’s just a pound but works like magic

rollykotex:
Hi everyone! I don’t know if this has been discussed earlier here, because it’s been a while I came in here. I have a very big issue with mold in my house. Been cleaning and cleaning but it keeps coming back darker, bigger and scarier. I had to complain to the leasing agent and the landlord’s contact was sent to me. He handles all the repairs in his house.
This man keeps saying I should clean and open the windows but this isn’t working. I keep opening the windows despite this extremely cold weather but the molds keep getting bigger. My kitchen entirely turned black and I have to scrub the Walls every 2 weeks.
I signed a one year contract and I’ve just spent 4 months. In fact getting a house in Wales, Swansea to be precise is like hitting a million pounds jackpot so moving out is not even an option now.
Kindly advise on how to deal with the molds of you have ever being in my shoes .
I’m so particular about it because I have 2 children ages 2 and 4 and I heard inhaling it over time could cause respiratory issues especially in children and elderly.
I’m so sorry for my long post. Good evening!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 11:23pm On Jan 20, 2022
LagosismyHome:

smiley cheesy grin I trust there never a dull moment i your house

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 11:29pm On Jan 20, 2022
You can get Travel insurance from post office for the purpose of the journey for about £20 for 2 weeks journey
mimilyrics:
Fill out and submit the application here:https://consular.mfaservices.nl/schengen-visa/short-stay?lang=en
Book your biometrics appointment here: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/nld/login

Cost here: https://www.netherlandsworldwide.nl/countries/united-kingdom/living-and-working/consular-fees
More info here: https://www.netherlandsworldwide.nl/countries/united-kingdom/travel/applying-for-a-short-stay-schengen-visa

It's an easy process. You'd need insurance, about £200 daily for each day you're spending, accommodation arrangements and flights (they don't need to be confirmed).

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 11:31pm On Jan 20, 2022
You want to get NVQ level 3 in health and social care. Get a license if you don’t already have one
mizGene:

Getting the care certificate for standards 1-15 is a good start? anyone? any other bundles or resources I can check out please?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 11:31pm On Jan 20, 2022
missjekyll:
When we say bathroom/toilet/kitchen/ bedroom in the same space, are we referring to a Studio flat? What Nigerians call a Self contained apartment?
Because I live in a studio currently and love it.

I do not mind Chreze's posts. They can be quite informative. When you say they are long, that doesn't bother me as nairaland is not charged per page and I ve got a scroll button. * shrugs *

grin And Aprokodaughter has a sister… it’s just guys laff. I don’t think it was a serious thing. But we no go lie say e de long sha. But hey, let’s laugh and learn. grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 11:47pm On Jan 20, 2022
donald197:
Pls as someone on dependent visa, can I sponsor my mother to come on visiting visa?

Then is it true children born by non citizen must spend their first 7 years without stepping out of UK before they can get ILR/Citizenship?

Yes you can sponsor your mum but need to ensure you present it well

It been moved from 7 to 10 years for some years now .... and they can leave in and out on holiday but need to continously live in the UK to get citizenship through that path. Evidence such as school records can be used

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by donald197: 12:00am On Jan 21, 2022
Thank you
LagosismyHome:

Yes you can sponsor your mum but need to ensure you present it well

It been moved from 7 to 10 years for some years now .... and they can leave in and out on holiday but need to continously live in the UK to get citizenship through that path. Evidence such as school records can be used
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rollykotex: 12:17am On Jan 21, 2022
omopapa:
Follow the advise by others to get to the root of the problem but in the main time get this from the shop it’s just a pound but works like magic

Getting it straight away. Thank you so much.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rollykotex: 12:18am On Jan 21, 2022
Peerielass:

You need to tackle the source of mold. In the meantime, buy a dehumidifier to take out the excess moisture in your house. Brand new ones are about £200 or you could pick up a fairly used one from Facebook.
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rollykotex: 12:18am On Jan 21, 2022
advanceDNA:

Hope u use the dryer for your clothes
As in... hope you don’t spread clothes inside after washing
Yes I have a dryer.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rollykotex: 12:20am On Jan 21, 2022
A very big thank you to everyone who took out time to respond to my pressing need. I’m very grateful �.
Nagode

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 12:34am On Jan 21, 2022
LagosismyHome:

That Dom care job, the waka about seems to tedious to me even if the person is driving . I am sure many people would not want to do that hence the shortage

The waka and not getting paid for it. You leave house for 14hrs get paid for 10hrs and not like the hourly rate is good. A lot do not have this information but it could still be a better opportunity for people coming in directly from Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Iruosonobrugwhe: 12:48am On Jan 21, 2022
I only saw a gas cooker....bought every other thing.

LagosismyHome:

Wow ...what a terrible landlord. So the landlord could not provide white goods for rental. Na wah

Never heard a tenant providing fridge, washing machine... I get unfurnished but unfurnished should come with white goods .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by missjekyll: 12:55am On Jan 21, 2022
Aprokodaughter:

When nature calls you answer in your living room so if you have a guest in your livingroom you answer right there no private something smiley now you get lol

Decidedly odd. Definitely an illegal structure. Indian landlords, perhaps?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Babygal4eva(f): 12:59am On Jan 21, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
Do fully vaccinated people from Nigeria require a predepature covid test still?

No just book your lateral flow test and put the booking reference in your passenger locator form

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by xpee: 1:02am On Jan 21, 2022
Hi everyone! I will be moving to Brighton in February. Please I need a room suitable for a student. En-suite room is preferred or two to share. Please help a brother. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 1:42am On Jan 21, 2022
Yes, you can sponsor your mum to come visiting.

Children born by non citizen don't have to wait for 7 years before they can get citizenship. Once one of the parents get ILR, the child can either get ILR too, if born outside UK or register as British citizen, if the child was born in the UK.

7 year rule apply to children whose parents do not have legal stay in the UK.

donald197:

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 1:48am On Jan 21, 2022
Peerielass:

Thank you very much, this is an eye opener. My apartment has dehumidifier but I didn't know the value. I remember my landlord telling me when I came to put it on when I wash clothes I just said ok. After reading this post, I read the manual and put it on, you need to see the quantity of water it has collected in my enclosed room. Many part of my walls that were wet are now dry.

Humidity level was 90% when I put it on, it is now 68% at the time of this typing. 40% is my target.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 1:51am On Jan 21, 2022
omopapa:

Thank you.
I haven't experienced it yet but let me be preparing down because the way the down part of my walls are wet signifies that it will be prone to mold infestation.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BuildingProject: 1:54am On Jan 21, 2022
dustydee:

I withdraw to my bank card and as at last week it was still working with 1% fee. It is instant as well.

Which bank please? Cause binance is not accepting Monzo MC.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:18am On Jan 21, 2022
Babygal4eva:

No just book your lateral flow test and put the booking reference in your passenger locator form

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 4:20am On Jan 21, 2022
Is there an advantage to paying rent early?

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.