Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,148 members, 7,818,448 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1180132 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 11:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
Bluetherapy:

That juju part actually came to mind while watching it grin.

I guess the reason why he even went to the 5 months prison is because of absconding from Israel. Technically, he didn't do anything wrong because nothing was in his name. I guess that's why he was realeased to the Isareli authorities. Plus he wasn't even resident in any of the countries.

I bet those ladies felt like their lives have changed forever getting to date a millionaire.

The difference between this guy and them Hush puppies is that he didn't steal any credit card details, they willingly gave it to him. He didn't con any business or government officials, he conned ordinary gold digging citizens. Plus the guy chop life very well cheesy. Chop the women money and their body chaii. Nah olosho dem hush puppies dey carry.

Who really uses a lavish lifestyle picture on tinder? Don't rich people have their own dating app?

We do? grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 12:50am On Feb 07, 2022
mizGene:

Do employers check it yearly? Isn't it only required if you are moving roles or jobs?
Infact, what I really want to know is this : don't most employers pay for this as part of their recruitment process?

Well, if you do agency, they don’t pay for it, so you need to have your own valid dbs. However, if they do pay for you, you pay back when you do a shift. Most agencies will deduct the cost from your first shift

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 12:59am On Feb 07, 2022
I saw this coming. Only time will tell before they block that “packaging” thing completely Cus it’s been abused. Imagine people boldly advertising it on Twitter and IG. Anyways some unis are already asking students to pay 50% of the remaining balance after paying the £3k deposit before they enrol
mex551:
Nigeria in the eye of the storm. Make this UK students visa waka no cast ohh
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 1:02am On Feb 07, 2022
Paki used to be people from Pakistan like 9ja guy is for people from Nigeria until our SW brothers change it to slang so yeah I get what you mean
phyl123:

Using that word is unacceptable, it doesn’t matter if this is a Nigerian forum . Let’s try and practice what we preach.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 4:35am On Feb 07, 2022
It's my first winter here and I'm already scared of the next.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 5:49am On Feb 07, 2022
Viruses:

Lol take it easy. Each day has its own troubles. The world fit don end by next winter, so no too dey worry about the future.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 6:37am On Feb 07, 2022
Viruses:

Lol.
This one no be real winter na, it's actually mild, global warming has scattered everywhere.
Don't worry, you'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temi231(f): 6:58am On Feb 07, 2022
hustla:

In what way?
I had Azure in 2020 and did my AWS Practitioner & solution architect in 2021. I applied many times for international jobs from Nigeria after Azure but no success. I needed international experience as an IT Professional. My application was able to scale through,( maybe luck) after AWS and I got the professional job I desired. Please note that this is my personal experience even though I did additional security qualifications like CISSP, but I felt AWS made my CV more Visible.

Personal opinion and advice I would give people below ten(10) years in IT.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 7:02am On Feb 07, 2022
Viruses:

Stay warm o grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 7:03am On Feb 07, 2022
Wonderful
The Nigerian high Commission's website is down

https://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/visa-requirements

It's like they did not renew their hosting
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by obalala: 7:19am On Feb 07, 2022
Available for sale ����
canadaishome:
Wonderful

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 7:41am On Feb 07, 2022
canadaishome:
Wonderful

Maybe Head, “budget and allocations” don quote 5 billion naira for domain renewal grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 07, 2022
Viruses:

You will be more prepared for next winter. You don't need to worry yourself.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:09am On Feb 07, 2022
canadaishome:
Wonderful

Let's buy it and hold them hostage ......... grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 8:21am On Feb 07, 2022
Viruses:

Winter has not started yet… grin grin

Just joking….
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 8:26am On Feb 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Better to buy it and sell it back to them a hundred folds. grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 8:41am On Feb 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:

It's .org they will just rename or look for another extension

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 8:51am On Feb 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:

It doesn’t work like that anymore. They can claim it back within a short time even if you’re able to buy it. They’ll just petition the registrar.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:16am On Feb 07, 2022
Temi231:

I had Azure in 2020 and did my AWS Practitioner & solution architect in 2021. I applied many times for international jobs from Nigeria after Azure but no success. I needed international experience as an IT Professional. My application was able to scale through,( maybe luck) after AWS and I got the professional job I desired. Please note that this is my personal experience even though I did additional security qualifications like CISSP, but I felt AWS made my CV more Visible.

Personal opinion and advice I would give people below ten(10) years in IT.

Nice.

Thanks for the explanation.

Planning to go all the way to AWS security later this year, God willing
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 9:24am On Feb 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I don't think they will care
They go just buy another one and start from scratch to steal more money
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:27am On Feb 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Will be extremely expensive

.. And trust them to just register a new name and continue with business

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:28am On Feb 07, 2022
canadaishome:

I don't think they will care
They go just buy another one and start from scratch to steal more money

They'll just say the lifetime has expired.. And just pad money to buy a new one

Domain - $10
Cost in budget - $2m

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by daholiest(m): 9:37am On Feb 07, 2022
Thank you
tshoboy:

Use this link https://appointments.immigration.gov.ng/. You will need your Application Number and Reference Number. Both should be on your payment/Acknowledgment slip.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 9:44am On Feb 07, 2022
Viruses:

If it’s the energy bill thing, I will advice you look for another house when you are more settled or stayed in the present place above 6months. The house is D and depending on the type of D ( I mean close to E), the bill might be same or even higher. I Will advice you get an apartment with the C. I know it’s hard to get, but the bill might be a ginger.

We almost started considering houses on EPC rating D when the search was crazy. But we are lucky to have gotten an EPC C (close to B) and our bill is £126 (gas n electric) fixed for a 2bed. The good thing is our tariff won’t change until the contract is over.

If it’s cold, then this is a friendlier one. Last winter in Glasgow, there was a straight 5 - 7day snow and the snow was thick on the ground and windows. Thick like building blocks. So enjoy this one and prepare for a tougher one ahead.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by daholiest(m): 9:44am On Feb 07, 2022
Thank you
Olinga:

Email
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by daholiest(m): 10:09am On Feb 07, 2022
Please can I still go and do walk in
Olinga:

Email
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temi231(f): 10:19am On Feb 07, 2022
hustla:

Nice.

Thanks for the explanation.

Planning to go all the way to AWS security later this year, God willing

You have are welcome .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 11:30am On Feb 07, 2022
Hello all,
I am trying to pay the balance of my fees. A banker suggested I send the pounds back to Nigeria and pay with the bank rate. I am still trying to understand that logic and how it will help me save money. Any thoughts please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 07, 2022
Preshyi:
Hello all,
I am trying to pay the balance of my fees. A banker suggested I send the pounds back to Nigeria and pay with the bank rate. I am still trying to understand that logic and how it will help me save money. Any thoughts please?

You will get better answers through nairaland uk student thread.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 11:43am On Feb 07, 2022
The student thread consists mostly of people in Nigeria trying to get student Visa. I believe people here will give me a better response based on their experience with sending money back home, conversion rates etc.
Aprokodaughter:

You will get better answers through nairaland uk student thread.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 11:58am On Feb 07, 2022
Chreze:

If it’s the energy bill thing, I will advice you look for another house when you are more settled or stayed in the present place above 6months. The house is D and depending on the type of D ( I mean close to E), the bill might be same or even higher. I Will advice you get an apartment with the C. I know it’s hard to get, but the bill might be a ginger.

We almost started considering houses on EPC rating D when the search was crazy. But we are lucky to have gotten an EPC C (close to B) and our bill is £126 (gas n electric) fixed for a 2bed. The good thing is our tariff won’t change until the contract is over.

If it’s cold, then this is a friendlier one. Last winter in Glasgow, there was a straight 5 - 7day snow and the snow was thick on the ground and windows. Thick like building blocks. So enjoy this one and prepare for a tougher one ahead.
It's the cold o.
I'm not so bothered about the bill because it will be seasonal (4 months in a year) and I like this apartment.

This your bill, is it fixed as in regardless of what you consume?

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.