Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1191315 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

It was tiring and by the time you get to about the 170th question, your mind would start playing tricks on you...the worst part is the walk of shame. This when you have to pack your belongings after the time is up and walk towards the reception to get your result not knowing whether you pass or fail after 6hrs.
Keep doing your CPEs sista!

shocked

6hrs

Omo x100

I dont have money yet for the exam but abeg tell us how its like o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 8:27pm On Feb 07, 2022
omopapa:
People of God, Abeg which institution can you recommend for a LISA account, April is just next tomorrow
Loolz at April is tomorrow, my thoughts exactly. As we speak (type lol) now, I am registering with moneybox as recommended here.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by life4real8691: 8:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hello there,

Can you inbox me with your contact number. I have an idea that could help.
yolkman20:
Hello people,

Please I need advice and help. Today is my 8th day at the hotel and I still can't get a house yet. Houses I've seen are mostly shared apartment and they won't accept us because we're a family of 3. Our baby is just a year and 1month. I sincerely Don't have money to renew., Checked studio flats as well but it's been negative so far.

Wifey's school is Westminster university a I have a budget of 900poundsper month. 1 hr commute is fine, y'all should pls suggest best area that fits this budget for easy commute. I can't even think bou work when we're not yet settled.

Make una help me abeg...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 8:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
It basically says you are switching from one visa to another. If it was T4 to PSW and never graduate, the requirements wouldn't have been met.

CheesyTee:
Elders, the part of my CoS sent to me recently mentioned "Skilled Worker (graduate in Tier 4/Student Route switching to Skilled Worker)"

However, I never graduate o. I'm concerned and I've called the attention of the HR to this. Abi E dey normal?

I am September term and visa expires Jan 2023.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2022
Great, thanks for this
Estroller:

Moneybox, their customer service is spot on.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2022
Yes na Cus after 6months in January, February is just like a week
mizGene:

Loolz at April is tomorrow, my thoughts exactly. As we speak (type lol) now, I am registering with moneybox as recommended here.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 8:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
hustla:

shocked

6hrs

Omo x100

I dont have money yet for the exam but abeg tell us how its like o

They have changed it to adaptive format and 120 questions. This means the computer can decide to end the exam after 20 questions if it thinks you're flunking the questions.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bmuhd4smile: 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
Pls house for a student on ACCA skills level stage in the UK; what are the requirements for the spouse to fulfill to enable her visit the husband in uk...

I learnt it's ACCA proffesional level that allows dependent
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by steadyMoving22: 8:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:03pm On Feb 07, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

They have changed it to adaptive format and 120 questions. This means the computer can decide to end the exam after 20 questions if it thinks you're flunking the questions.

cheesy cheesy

That one is gangster sha o. Ontop wetin I pay money for

Whats the pass mark?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 9:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
Thanks
Chreze:

Yes, it’s possible to save some amount base on exchange rate differences. But I will advice you to just pay the money since you have it here already and move on with your life. If you transfer to Naija and that Naija story happen, you will start to feel uncomfortable.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 9:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
Thanks
TheGuyFromHR:

If you send pounds back to Nigeria, it comes at the blackmarket rate. Given that the unofficial rate is much higher than the official one, you will get more naira when you convert at the unofficial rate (approx 745, variable), then use this naira to buy pounds from CBN at the official rate, so you save the difference.

Arbitrage at its finest.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2022
Thanks
SamReinvented:

The logic is that you send pounds to Nigeria at black market rate, then have someone pay your fees for you using form A. Your money will go farther this way. However, you’ll only get peace of mind with this method if you have parents in Nigeria, and they are aware of the form A processes. If you send money to a friend or someone random, e fit enter voicemail ooo. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2022
Thanks, the goal is to save money o
Bourne007:
But ain't you in the UK? Pay directly na

I think the logic is send pounds at 770 (or whatever the rate is) then do a Form A @ CBN rate .. . This is up to you really cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by obalala: 9:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
I'm the person that complained about the flies earlier and I'm beginning to think my neighbour is either dead or travelled on holidays with something rotten in the apartment. cos last weekend it just occurred to me I don't see any lights on, through his/her window + loads of those house fly around his window. I just moved to the apartment, so I don't know who stays next to mine only info I have is that the apartment belongs to my Landlord's brother cc @phyl123 .
Viruses:

Why you wicked like this grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
Preshyi:
Thanks, the goal is to save money o

Sell on student channels on Telegram
Receive naira
Put in for Form A

Some savings that way and money will go a long way

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
obalala:
I'm the person that complained about the flies earlier and I'm beginning to think my neighbour is either dead or travelled on holidays with something rotten in the apartment. cos last weekend it just occurred to me I don't see any lights on, through his/her window + loads of those house fly around his window. I just moved to the apartment, so I don't know who stays next to mine only info I have is that the apartment belongs to my Landlord's brother cc @phyl123 .

Call your local police, to conduct a courtesy call .......

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 10:58pm On Feb 07, 2022
adedapodvirus001:
Good afternoon my people, please does anyone have any experience about Scottish power. Moneysupermarket recommended them for me as a cheap energy provider and upon contacting them, they gave me a monthly fix rate [b]of 63 pounds Which is very enticing but when I checked their review online it was horrible.[/b]

I'm planning to call them that I no do again but I need input from people with first hand experience.

My house is all electric.

Please help a brother oooo.

Exactly oo, run my brother. They are a terrible company and that amount stated is probably for a very low annual usage in the fine print. They will bill you £500 in 2 months if not careful and start asking you to negotiate. I also don't think now is a good time to switch honestly due to the increase in tariff etc.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2022
obalala:

This is serious….. sad

Why don’t you speak to your landlord first, in case he has a key to the apartment.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 11:12pm On Feb 07, 2022
Any single parent here with working visa.... please holla
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yolkman20: 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
justwise:

Open an account on gumtree and place your inquiry there , landlords and agents will contact you and scammers will also contact you so you need to be careful. State the sort of accommodation you are looking for and areas you are interested in.
If you can afford to offer 3-6 rent advance payment do that and again be careful because many scammers will be giving you too -good -to -true offers

Thanks boss, I'll do this asap.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yolkman20: 11:19pm On Feb 07, 2022
life4real8691:
Hello there,

Can you inbox me with your contact number. I have an idea that could help.

You're amazing, thanks so much.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 11:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 11:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
yolkman20:

Keep your eyes widely opened ...don't pay for something you have not viewed , not even deposit..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chomzy19(f): 11:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
Please house can someone recommend a good service to ship foodstuff from Naija to the UK.. very important. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 12:07am On Feb 08, 2022
If the UK were to be a person, I see it like those Aunties/uncles that have made a name for themselves as big Anty/uncle that tries to solve everyone’s financial issues. To the point when they don’t have, they go to borrow from other people to give to another person so as to keep their title “Big Anty/Uncle”, Then later turn around to be the one everyone is scolding in the family for having bad financial attitude/behavior.

I think the Uk/UK government are in a very bad financial place but keep acting like all is well. They promise a lot to people (Afghans), things they cant fulfill. They have a lot going wrong with them, but they feel they have a title globally and would prefer to involve in Ukrainian issues (to save their title) than focus on how to come out of their financial mess.

I see decisions of the UK/UK government affecting the other countries in the union (UK). I think it will be best for the union to be separated so that these other countries can take decisions that best suit them, and not let some group of undisciplined adults control their affairs. If they ever separate the other countries will do far far better than what the controlling country at the moment would achieve.

Since we are here already, it will be best to have an alternate plans. Plans that can be actualized outside the UK. I think it’s going to be a difficult run ahead for the UK and it’s residents. It will be fine at the end, but it’s gonna be ruff.

I may be wrong. Or maybe I am tired and need some rest. Abi a cup of wine. Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 12:14am On Feb 08, 2022
yolkman20:

Use your head o, forget say we are beginning to interact like family here. You should only pay to landlord or legitimate agent (exception is when someone is subletting without the landlord's approval).

I would think that the idea would be presented and then further conversation can happen offline if you are interested.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 12:18am On Feb 08, 2022
Viruses:

Use your head o, forget say we are beginning to interact like family here. You should only pay to landlord or legitimate agent (exception is when someone is subletting without the landlord's approval).

I would think that the idea would be presented and then further conversation can happen offline if you are interested.

grin You are a secret troublesome person. Me and you go be friend for real life. grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mayo47(m): 12:26am On Feb 08, 2022
Poanan:
Good evening all. I arrived Uk this week and kindly advise on the telephone line one can purchase.

As a guide the place I stay has a free wifi and very fast and i can call everyone at home using whatsapp.

Elders pkease kindly advise.

You can try Smarty (Subsidiary of 3). Unlimited text, calls, 8GB data for 7GBP monthly (Thinks its the cheapest around). And the first month is free for you if use the referral code.. I have been using it for about 6 months also. If interested kindly use my referral code [url]here[/url]https://i.smarty.co.uk/qlUAjjx https://i.smarty.co.uk/qlUAjjx

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Folabifreeman(m): 12:27am On Feb 08, 2022
Abeg who is in manchester or bolton that can host me for a night.

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.