Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176344 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 12:56pm On Feb 06, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Do you know what they call you, on their forums ........ grin

Two wrongs don’t make a right. One day a person will forget him or herself and go and use it somewhere and land in hot water, so we have to start correcting ourselves here if we don’t want to be hearing about stories that touch the heart.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2022
phyl123:

Two wrongs don’t make a right. One day a person will forget him or herself and go and use it somewhere and land in hot water, so we have to start correcting ourselves here if we don’t want to be hearing about stories that touch the heart.

Two perceived rights, might be the third's wrong ....... cheesy

This battle was before us, and would continue it's life after us.......... grin

Remember, No Paki's and No Black's mentality..... It was said overtly then, now it's happening covertly....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:05pm On Feb 06, 2022
Aprokodaughter:

You be problem cheesy cheesy

Madam, if you put strawberry for my mouth...... E no go melt ......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by skarlet: 1:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Lebara with a mobile data plan

Noted. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 06, 2022
Never knew Amazon sells African fashion wears. I have been looking for tailor and where they sell ankra fabrics since. Any if you anyone that's into this in London please let me know.

The ones on Amazon are few in number.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elisinho(m): 4:21pm On Feb 06, 2022
hustla:

Left to me, Azure

Its more GUI friendly than AWS and you'll easily understand the concepts better

Me thinks, Azure fundamentals, then AWS CCP (AWS has more market share than Azure but I don't think that'd last for long)
I know because I have written > 9 Azure/ M365 certs.

Btw you can get the vouchers for Azure free if you attend their training day lectures.

AWS Ccp and SAA vouchers also free via Amazon's training for women / general exam stuff you can sign up for

Thanks alot for the details

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by msttolusola(m): 4:23pm On Feb 06, 2022
Can international students get students loan in uk
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 4:49pm On Feb 06, 2022
msttolusola:
Can international students get students loan in uk

No, If by student loan you mean student finance from the UK government. The latter is categorised as public funds which your immigration status does not allow you to access.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 4:51pm On Feb 06, 2022
Nigeria in the eye of the storm. Make this UK students visa waka no cast ohh

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 5:26pm On Feb 06, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Lebara with a mobile data plan

Thanks so much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 5:26pm On Feb 06, 2022
Estroller:
Lebara is fine. You can use my referral link below to order your sim, you'll get 50% discount for the 1st 3 months.
http://aklam.io/qwuNXc

Thanks so much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 5:35pm On Feb 06, 2022
mex551:
Nigeria in the eye of the storm. Make this UK students visa waka no cast ohh
Our ppl always muddying the waters for others...smh
I saw an advert the other day, a website offering this service to prospective students.
I have a close pal who is in sch right now and she has not enjoyed the experience so far because 90% of her class mates both Nigerians and Indians etc are always out there working to make up their fees, so have very poor participation level both in class and in their grp projects. I felt bad for her because going to school is not only about the certificate but also about getting to meet people, networking, gaining new perspectives from the interactions....
Las Las, the UK will put stringent rules in place and everyone will rest finally...I actually heard something about having proof of funds for 6 months before visa application, I don't know how true it is but at this rate, they will be demanding actual fee payment before visa application.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Energy companies, don't usually allow change of provider's, when a debt is on........

Thanks very much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2022
mizGene:

I saw an advert the other day, a website offering this service to prospective students.
I have a close pal who is in sch right now and she has not enjoyed the experience so far because 90% of her class mates both Nigerians and Indians etc are always out there working to make up their fees, so have very poor participation level both in class and in their grp projects. I felt bad for her because going to school is not only about the certificate but also about getting to meet people, networking, gaining new perspectives from the interactions....
Las Las, the UK will put stringent rules in place and everyone will rest finally...I actually heard something about having proof of funds for 6 months before visa application, I don't know how true it is but at this rate, they will be demanding actual fee payment before visa application.
I just weak. Tougher times ahead for who never cross. By the time they make it more stringent.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 6:18pm On Feb 06, 2022
Google DBS update service, click the gov.uk link, click register for the update service and follow the forms accordingly.
tushqueen:

Pls how did you donit

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by level10: 6:36pm On Feb 06, 2022
[quote author=Estroller post=110001292][/quote]
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2022
mizGene:

The advert don plenty for Instagram.

There's a country (Germany I think, not exactly sure) that require you to open an account there and they'll be releasing the money to you small small after arrival. If UK go that route, e don cast for who never cross be that.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2022
What are the merits of registering for the dbs update service? @mimilyrics and Co. I assumed all employers paid for it...
The official site claims it saves time, but the one I did this Jan, got a response in 1 working day...which time do they want to save again? cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2022
CheesyTee:

You're right. So many times I've met nice people here. They are surprisingly chatty and happy to help any way they can. From helping you navigate your way to giving you names of store to get items for kids or your home as a newcomer.

Work colleagues nko? Nice to a fault.

My Nigerian mind will be feeling compelled to reciprocate the kindness with something tangible. Like Abi they want money ni? lol.
you are lucky
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2022
ganiruogene:

Exactly, the problem isn’t seeing houses online. I’ve had more than 5 viewing appointments canceled before the due date because the house was taken before the date to view. Then there’s also the problem of them not giving their houses out to students.
look for indian agents and thank me later.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 7:25pm On Feb 06, 2022
mizGene:
What are the merits of registering for the dbs update service? @mimilyrics and Co. I assumed all employers paid for it...
The official site claims it saves time, but the one I did this Jan, got a response in 1 working day...which time do they want to save again? cheesy

Yearly renewal with update service using direct debit is £13

Paying yearly without update service is about £54

Choose the one you prefer.....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 7:37pm On Feb 06, 2022
Is there any single parent on tier 2 or skilled visa that was able to come with a child (without sole custody papers). A single parent who never had the father in the child life

Please I need input on how working visa is done for single parent. Many thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 8:07pm On Feb 06, 2022
ukay2:

Yearly renewal with update service using direct debit is £13

Paying yearly without update service is about £54

Choose the one you prefer.....
Do employers check it yearly? Isn't it only required if you are moving roles or jobs?
Infact, what I really want to know is this : don't most employers pay for this as part of their recruitment process?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 8:27pm On Feb 06, 2022
My employer checks yearly - It is required when changing roles within too.
My employer made DBS update service compulsory for staff - there's a caveat that the employee bears the cost of a new DBS check. The cost of initial subscription is borne by my employer.
DBS checks usually take an average of 5 days from when you submit to your organisation to when it is countersigned and sent to DBS, sometimes longer depending on the situation.
Over the past year, I switched roles 3 times and the process was faster because I only gave them my cert number and showed a copy of the certificate. Took less than 24 hours for that to be completed.
mizGene:

Do employers check it yearly? Isn't it only required if you are moving roles or jobs?
Infact, what I really want to know is this : don't most employers pay for this as part of their recruitment process?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ganiruogene(m): 8:59pm On Feb 06, 2022
rayralph:

Family with child(ren) ?

Visit/call tollcross/springburn housing association office

It’s just I and my spouse.

Okay thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babranancy: 9:20pm On Feb 06, 2022
yourfavourite:
Please where can i get cheap accommodation that is not too far from Central London

I am searching for one too close to central London.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by claremont(m): 9:58pm On Feb 06, 2022
Bluetherapy:
Has anyone here watched the tinder swindler on Netflix?

Naija scammers dey learn work for this guy hand shocked

I just finished watching it as it's currently most watched recommendation in Netflix UK. If this guy was Nigerian, Nigerians will say that it was ''juju'' he used to con all those women and his jujuman is resident in Abeokuta/Ekwulobia/Daura. The guy is a con man, just like Hushpuppy etc, and the women/victims conned deserve no pity. They fell for the privates jets, 5 star hotels and expensive holidays etc.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 10:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
mimilyrics:
My employer checks yearly - It is required when changing roles within too.
My employer made DBS update service compulsory for staff - there's a caveat that the employee bears the cost of a new DBS check. The cost of initial subscription is borne by my employer.
DBS checks usually take an average of 5 days from when you submit to your organisation to when it is countersigned and sent to DBS, sometimes longer depending on the situation.
Over the past year, I switched roles 3 times and the process was faster because I only gave them my cert number and showed a copy of the certificate. Took less than 24 hours for that to be completed.
Oh I see, thanks for the detailed explanation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chinlov: 10:08pm On Feb 06, 2022
Pijames:
email me at mykc3081@gmail.com

thanks but I'm sorted already
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bluetherapy: 11:09pm On Feb 06, 2022
claremont:

I just finished watching it as it's currently most watched recommendation in Netflix UK. If this guy was Nigerian, Nigerians will say that it was ''juju'' he used to con all those women and his jujuman is resident in Abeokuta/Ekwulobia/Daura. The guy is a con man, just like Hushpuppy etc, and the women/victims conned deserve no pity. They fell for the privates jets, 5 star hotels and expensive holidays etc.
That juju part actually came to mind while watching it grin.

I guess the reason why he even went to the 5 months prison is because of absconding from Israel. Technically, he didn't do anything wrong because nothing was in his name. I guess that's why he was realeased to the Isareli authorities. Plus he wasn't even resident in any of the countries.

I bet those ladies felt like their lives have changed forever getting to date a millionaire.

The difference between this guy and them Hush puppies is that he didn't steal any credit card details, they willingly gave it to him. He didn't con any business or government officials, he conned ordinary gold digging citizens. Plus the guy chop life very well cheesy. Chop the women money and their body chaii. Nah olosho dem hush puppies dey carry.

Who really uses a lavish lifestyle picture on tinder? Don't rich people have their own dating app?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:18pm On Feb 06, 2022
Temi231:

Go with AWS cloud practitioner. Although I did Qzure first, AWS opened the door more than Azure.
#My opinion

In what way?

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.