Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1191292 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 3:54pm On Feb 09, 2022
Canadaishome. I have responded
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lilipo: 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2022
Please, people of Glasgow.

Anyone know who can make naija food and deliver within Glasgow?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2022
gratefulme40:
Canadaishome. I have responded

Thank you so much. Will take a look
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2022
Lilipo:

Thanks

https://www.just-eat.co.uk/takeaway/glasgow/nigerian
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 6:23pm On Feb 09, 2022
Lilipo:

Thanks

I know of she. She moved from Glasgow to Preston last year but I think Glasgow delivery is still free.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 6:48pm On Feb 09, 2022
Watermark:
Would be relocating to Paisley, Scotland. Anyone living there, would appreciate any feedback especially in terms of housing, social life, cost of living, diversity and the accent. Thanks

Paisley is a nice place with diverse culture. Rent is relatively affordable. Not sure of social activities cos Scotland generally no get plenty social activities. But the consolation is, it's close to Glasgow and there are other places like Braehead (Xcite) where you can get to take kids for fun activities like wall climbing, games, movies and the rest.

Cost of living is moderate.

You dey ask of accent lol. I hope your "azzent" isn't thick (kidding). Don't worry, ask if you no hear well, they won't take offence.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
Watermark:
Would be relocating to Paisley, Scotland. Anyone living there, would appreciate any feedback especially in terms of housing, social life, cost of living, diversity and the accent. Thanks

Housing - pretty economical ( £500 - £600 )for 3 bed

Social life - almost zero asides from UWS hostel parties and boring pubs

Diversity- ready to deal with “racist” locals

Accent - pretty thick if you’re new.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 7:21pm On Feb 09, 2022
Lilipo:

Thanks

Visit APOCOM KITCHEN at parkhead around retail forge. She can arrange delivery for you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 7:24pm On Feb 09, 2022
https://instagram.com/kitchenkicksbyb?utm_medium=copy_link
Lilipo:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 7:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
On the topic of Glasgow, does anyone know a loctitian in Glasgow/Paisley or that general area?

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 7:41pm On Feb 09, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
Mamatukwas:
On the topic of Glasgow, does anyone know a loctitian in Glasgow/Paisley or that general area?

Thank you.

I don’t know of any in Glasgow but if you don’t mind hopping on a train to Aberdeen, Maryees Salon is very good. I’ve seen a few pictures on her insta.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 8:25pm On Feb 09, 2022
Peerielass:

I don’t know of any in Glasgow but if you don’t mind hopping on a train to Aberdeen, Maryees Salon is very good. I’ve seen a few pictures on her insta.

Thank you. Aberdeen is far but if I don’t find I’ll consider it.

Gracias.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 8:26pm On Feb 09, 2022
Peerielass:

P.S- I can’t find her on Instagram. Can you post exact link or page name? Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 8:35pm On Feb 09, 2022
Mamatukwas:

P.S- I can’t find her on Instagram. Can you post exact link or page name? Thank you.

Sure! Her handle is HairbyMaryees. You can also look at her website (https://www.mayreessalon.co.uk/) to get an idea of prices.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 8:36pm On Feb 09, 2022
Mamatukwas:

https://instagram.com/hairbymayrees?utm_medium=copy_link
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
Peerielass:

Sure! Her handle is HairbyMaryees. You can also look at her website (https://www.mayreessalon.co.uk/) to get an idea of prices.

Thank you! Cc @canadaishome
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 9:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
mintyx:

I have learnt quite a lot from this thread and I'm interested in paying for/and learning certificate courses that can help me get side hustle jobs like work from home jobs without affecting the healthcare care that'd bring me to UK.

Will this plan not violate the terms of your visa? To the best of my knowledge you can only do a second job if that job is in the same occupation code as the one you are sponsored to do in the UK or the job is in ashortage occupation.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Watermark: 3:12am On Feb 10, 2022
CheesyTee:

Paisley is a nice place with diverse culture. Rent is relatively affordable. Not sure of social activities cos Scotland generally no get plenty social activities. But the consolation is, it's close to Glasgow and there are other places like Braehead (Xcite) where you can get to take kids for fun activities like wall climbing, games, movies and the rest.

Cost of living is moderate.

You dey ask of accent lol. I hope your "azzent" isn't thick (kidding). Don't worry, ask if you no hear well, they won't take offence.

Hehehe. Thanks for the heads-up.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Watermark: 3:13am On Feb 10, 2022
rayralph:

Thanks so much ray smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by donald197: 4:38am On Feb 10, 2022
Pls what about Glasgow, any social life, asides pubs?
rayralph:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Joyousgem: 8:39am On Feb 10, 2022
rayralph:

It's quite interesting to read that racist locals can be an issue in that part of scotland. I'm curious to know if this is peculiar to Paisley. I have always found the Scots and Irish to be the most accommodating of all four nations. Infact, Glaswegians are the most friendliest of all.

There's bound to be dredge of society everywhere, but I'm yet to have a single racist encounter in over 10years of living scotland. I experienced racism living in three cities in England over a period of 7years before relocating to scotland.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by teeebest(m): 8:52am On Feb 10, 2022
domin8:

I got this one https://www.aldi.co.uk/easy-home-ceramic-heater/p/083020199811400 today from ALDI 'Easy Home' for £24.99. You can check your local ALDI.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 10:06am On Feb 10, 2022
Joyousgem:

It's quite interesting to read that racist locals can be an issue in that part of scotland. I'm curious to know if this is peculiar to Paisley. I have always found the Scots and Irish to be the most accommodating of all four nations. Infact, Glaswegians are the most friendliest of all.

There's bound to be dredge of society everywhere, but I'm yet to have a single racist encounter in over 10years of living scotland. I experienced racism living in three cities in England over a period of 7years before relocating to scotland.
what are the English cities?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 10:32am On Feb 10, 2022
Joyousgem:

It’s usually the inner paisley anyways… PA3 - PA5 post code areas. Uneducated locals that hardly visit Glasgow center.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 10:34am On Feb 10, 2022
donald197:
Pls what about Glasgow, any social life, asides pubs?

Glasgow city is lit grin

Clubs, strips, African bars etc
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 11:06am On Feb 10, 2022
mizGene:

Get thermal long sleeves and tights from Marks and Spencer underwear range.
Really good stuff, I only use them and my clothes and then outer jacket...sometimes it feels too warm in the office with jacket off.

Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by veleta: 12:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
@Omopapa thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Joyousgem: 12:55pm On Feb 10, 2022
rayralph:

It’s usually the inner paisley anyways… PA3 - PA5 post code areas. Uneducated locals that hardly visit Glasgow center.

Thank you for the information. I'll remember to avoid that part of greater Glasgow.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Joyousgem: 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
jesmond3945:
what are the English cities?

I do not want to put people off their destinations, on the back of racist experiences i had over a decade ago. I will not be specific on the city, but name the area the city falls under. I don't believe cities or towns are racist, individuals are and they are everywhere.

* A city in Kent on a bus journey.
* At check out at a supermarket in inner city London.
* On the tram in greater Manchester.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 10, 2022
Why Prince Charles dey always dey catch covid? This is the second time.

And uncle Bubu just dey

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 2:03pm On Feb 10, 2022
Joyousgem:

I do not want to put people off their destinations, on the back of racist experiences i had over a decade ago. I will not be specific on the city, but name the area the city falls under. I don't believe cities or towns are racist, individuals are and they are everywhere.

* A city in Kent on a bus journey.
* At check out at a supermarket in inner city London.
* On the tram in greater Manchester.
sorry about your experiences.

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.